Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chaltab
Feb 16, 2011

So shocked someone got me an avatar!

The Taint Reaper posted:

Also always save the space veggies and only use them to make credit cards.
...wait what?

e; vvv I didn't even know there was a crafting system.

Chaltab fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Aug 25, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MykonosFan
Sep 9, 2012

Hows my homies training
going? Whaa? Hey! What
are you doing Ronald?

Chaltab posted:

...wait what?

On that crafting screen of sorts, you can use 30 of each of the 3 Space Veggies and you'll get a credit card in Commander Nelson's name. With it you can get any one item in the shop for free. You can make as many cards as you want, so long as you have 30 of each material. It's pretty rad.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Nintendo is stupid... Give me Pikmin 3 for free, and don't have Pikmin 1 and 2 ready to buy in the eShop?

Wendell
May 11, 2003

CatsPajamas posted:

I am really looking forward to Hyrule Warriors because it looks like not just a Dynasty Warriors game but a pretty drat good Dynasty Warriors game. I only played I think 2 games in the series and I thought they were both decent. From the looks of things though it seems like Hyrule Warriors takes the same gameplay concepts but looks more polished. Also you can drop the moon on enemies.

Yeah, there's no doubt it's going to be a cut above the typical Dynasty Warriors game simply because Nintendo isn't going to let one of their biggest licenses be in something totally basic.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Astro7x posted:

Nintendo is stupid... Give me Pikmin 3 for free, and don't have Pikmin 1 and 2 ready to buy in the eShop?

Well, there's two reasons for this:

1) Wii games aren't on the eShop
2) Should've bought them before they started going up in price :smuggo:

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Wendell posted:

Yeah, there's no doubt it's going to be a cut above the typical Dynasty Warriors game simply because Nintendo isn't going to let one of their biggest licenses be in something totally basic.

They've done it before, but yeah, Hyrule Warriors is looking to be a pretty top tier Musou game. It's not really a high bar but it is looking to have the elements I need in such a game.

Oddly enough I was pretty meh on this whole thing until that One Piece Musuo game went on sale on PSN and that's got me excited to play another potentially over the top one of these.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Mercury Crusader posted:

Well, there's two reasons for this:

1) Wii games aren't on the eShop
2) Should've bought them before they started going up in price :smuggo:

Look at this guy who didn't get them new on Gamecube :smuggo:. Seriously though, I really wouldn't be surprised if GCN games start turning up on the eShop once the Smash controllers are out.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Look at this guy who didn't get them new on Gamecube :smuggo:.

:smuggo: Gotta buy them all! Pikmin! :smuggo:

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Seriously though, I really wouldn't be surprised if GCN games start turning up on the eShop once the Smash controllers are out.

I'd be down with that, even though I already own a sizable Gamecube collection. Give folks access to stuff like Chibi-Robo and F-Zero GX maybe.

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.
Pikmin 3's cover is so sexy cute.

But yeah, I'd love to see GameCube games put up on the Wii U eShop, especially since there are a fair number that are hard to find for a remotely reasonable price and GC emulation is so spotty.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
So is this the point in the thread where we talk for multiple pages about what GC games we want in the eshop, despite the fact that there's no evidence that this is going to happen and Nintendo probably won't actually do it?

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Let's go back to making fun of some dude for no reason.

But before we do that, Wii Fit on a Wii U/over HDMI looks ugly as all hell and I'm probably going to donate this set to Goodwill.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

noirstronaut posted:

But before we do that, Wii Fit on a Wii U/over HDMI looks ugly as all hell and I'm probably going to donate this set to Goodwill.

If you're still interested in some version of Wii Fit, you could just keep the Balance Board and buy Wii Fit U with the Fit Meter, since the bundle that comes with the Balance Board is like $90 ($80 clearance at Best Buy) while the bundle without the Balance Board is $40 on Amazon. The Balance Board works on the Wii U version fine in any case.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

noirstronaut posted:

Let's go back to making fun of some dude for no reason.

Wii Fit U looks pretty nice. You can keep the board and just get that used for pretty cheap.

zfleeman
Mar 12, 2014

I wonder how you spell Tabasco.

Mercury Crusader posted:

:smuggo: Gotta buy them all! Pikmin! :smuggo:

Those New Play Control versions were actually really good.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

SeANMcBAY posted:

Wii Fit U looks pretty nice. You can keep the board and just get that used for pretty cheap.

Hey man, WiiFit U has helped me lose 20 pounds in 6 months. Its not a mindblowing upgrade from the first one but I made counting my steps with that meter a religion.

MykonosFan
Sep 9, 2012

Hows my homies training
going? Whaa? Hey! What
are you doing Ronald?

axleblaze posted:

So is this the point in the thread where we talk for multiple pages about what GC games we want in the eshop, despite the fact that there's no evidence that this is going to happen and Nintendo probably won't actually do it?

poo poo, man. I'd just be happy to see N64 games by the end of 2015 anymore.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I can't even think of a Gamecube game other than the Zelda Bonus discs, Fire Emblem and Now Useless Pokémon Box which is a 70 dollar coaster that hasn't fallen in price.

Even stuff like Cubivore was going for around 40 bucks. I mean by the time they start pricing cube games there's a real good chance you could probably get physical discs for the same price or cheaper.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

I want to see Twilight Princess because I've been itching to replay it for some reason and I don't want to bother with waggle. I'd also be hyped if Viewtiful Joe or Metal Gear Solid hit eShop but those are probably pipe dreams.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

MykonosFan posted:

That's kind of my point really. Nintendo are having trouble getting games they already released for the Wii onto the Wii-U. Why does anyone think they're just aching to start pushing out all those great Gamecube games?

If they come out with it, great, I will probably buy some. It's just last time this came up because of an amazingly fake E3 leak and now it's coming up because "this is totally something they are gonna do".

Truxton
Oct 31, 2012
Gotcha Force's asking price loving skyrocketed in the past few years. I don't know if some Youtube superstar LP'd it or if there was just crazy word-of-mouth in the past 5 years but back in 2009 I got a sealed copy for $25 plus shipping. Now if you want an unopened copy it's loving Panzer Dragoon Saga US version prices. Used copies still go for silly prices, checking Amazon and eBay.

EDIT: Oh wait nevermind Panzer Dragoon Saga still trumps it by a long shot.

Truxton fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Aug 25, 2014

Krime
Jul 30, 2003

Somebody has to do the scoring around here.
Just got a Wii U.

Mario Kart 8 is on the way.

If I play Super Mario 3D World will NSMBWU be going backwards in playability?

I'm picking up games on a budget, but 3D world maaaay come first.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Krime posted:

If I play Super Mario 3D World will NSMBWU be going backwards in playability?

Yes. At the very least it will feel extremely underwhelming. If you play 3D World first play a few other games before going to NSMBWU.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Truxton posted:

Gotcha Force's asking price loving skyrocketed in the past few years. I don't know if some Youtube superstar LP'd it or if there was just crazy word-of-mouth in the past 5 years but back in 2009 I got a sealed copy for $25 plus shipping. Now if you want an unopened copy it's loving Panzer Dragoon Saga US version prices. Used copies still go for silly prices, checking Amazon and eBay.

It's because Capcom made it in low numbers because it really wasn't that great of a game. It was a game made specifically for children IIRC.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Aug 25, 2014

Krime
Jul 30, 2003

Somebody has to do the scoring around here.

axleblaze posted:

Yes. At the very least it will feel extremely underwhelming. If you play 3D World first play a few other games before going to NSMBWU.

Ok... I'll probably just hunt out a really good deal on NSMBWU first, then.

I've got plenty of varied gaming to keep me entertained coming up... Destiny, NHL15, Hyrule Warriors

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

MykonosFan posted:

Speaking of N64 games, I feel bad for everyone who's save batteries have already ran out on the 64 games they already own. Combined with the N64's innards being a supposed nightmare to work with? The N64 might be an extinct console by who-knows-when bar the few first-party Nintendo titles we got on the Wii VC.

Truxton
Oct 31, 2012

The Taint Reaper posted:

It's because Capcom made it in low numbers because it really wasn't that great of a game. It was a game made specifically for children IIRC.

It was a bit on the repetitive side at times but there was a lot of variety in the playstyles of characters you controlled, it's a bit like their Gundam Vs. games if they weren't restricted by said license, which was what made it enjoyable. Can't deny its target audience, though, and it has hilariously bad "Bring your kid to work day" voice acting; though the guys that developed it loved it, enough that it did get reprinted in Japan, at least.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
I didn't feel like NSMBU was a step down after playing 3D World first, more just a step sideways. The first world was a bit boring but after that I keep falling in love with elements of random levels just like in 3D World. I think 3D World is the better game, but they're both really good.

Picked up Earthbound on virtual console and it's nice to be able to play the game on the gamepad. I've been really unsatisfied with the virtual console situation on 3DS, largely because the lack of control remapping makes certain games hard for me to enjoy (Megaman with the vertical positions of jump and shoot is terrible, to me anyway). While this isn't relevant to Earthbound since its default controls are fine, it's nice to know that if I buy Mega Man X or something I will be free to set it up however I want.

The Wii U really is a great system for what I wanted from it.

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

axleblaze posted:

Why the heck not? I mean, shoot, I almost tagged this thread with the "GameCube" tag when I was making it.

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

When SEO just isn't enough.

Ultigonio posted:

Why the heck not? I mean, shoot, I almost tagged this thread with the "GameCube" tag when I was making it.

Gamecube games I want in the eshop: as many as possible.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

D&D 3.5 Book of Erotic Fantasy

PoshAlligator posted:

Gamecube games I want in the eshop: as many as possible.

Just shove the entire library on there. While you're at it: Mario Sunshine HD.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

kalonZombie posted:

Just shove the entire library on there. While you're at it: Mario Sunshine HD.
But they're already making Splatoon.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

homeless snail posted:

But they're already making Splatoon.

Splatoon is the antithesis to Mario Sunshine

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

mabels big day posted:

in that it's a well designed, fun game

Natron
Aug 5, 2004

mabels big day posted:

I heard that every second round is played as Mario with the FLUDD machine. Whoever cleans the most paint off the map wins.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I guess just incase anyone doesn't follow the Smash thread, the roster seems to have been leaked. There's video and it's pretty cool

http://i.imgur.com/hLOdVt8.png
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCE-iKciVJA

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Help Im Alive posted:

I guess just incase anyone doesn't follow the Smash thread, the roster seems to have been leaked. There's video and it's pretty cool

http://i.imgur.com/hLOdVt8.png
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCE-iKciVJA

Is... is that Shulk?

Is that the loving Duck Hunt dog? :suspense:

Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Is... is that Shulk?

Is that the loving Duck Hunt dog? :suspense:

That "leak" has been proven fake many times over in the Smash thread. Don't get your hopes up.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Zonekeeper posted:

That "leak" has been proven fake many times over in the Smash thread. Don't get your hopes up.

It's hard to consider it still fake with the amount of effort put into Bowser Jr. here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMdnEroxb30

But the question remains, why Bowser Jr. and not literally anyone else?

Wild Knight
Mar 27, 2010

Foul villain! I do not flee. I will never turn my back on you and run away!

[he says, running away]
The videos were just posted this morning though and everyone's freaking out because, if they're fake, they're incredibly well done fakes. Like it's really easier to believe it's actually the video Nintendo sent the ESRB than one guy making a whole lot of effort to be proven wrong in three weeks.

Suspicious Cook posted:

It's hard to consider it still fake with the amount of effort put into Bowser Jr. here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMdnEroxb30

But the question remains, why Bowser Jr. and not literally anyone else?

I think it's less Bowser Jr. himself and more the Koopa Klown Car, and I think everyone is okay with that and everyone who isn't is a monster :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
I am down with the klown (car), but I just dislike Bowser Jr. so much. It seems unlikely that the "alt skin of every Bowser kid" is true, but I sure hope it is. Ludwig von Koopa needs his time to shine.

• Locked thread