Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
I haven't watched this show since season 5 and have no desire to do so but the thread after every episode is the greatest thing ever. Thanks for the entertainment, True Blood thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Bill died, Eric and Pam were fabulous. A+

It wasn't great, the series had it's issues, but if you're writing off the major amounts of awesome you got over the past seven years because they spent too much time on Jessica's happiness and Bill (who is dead. DEAD! DEAD!!!!!!!!!! :woop:) in the final episode then I don't know what to say.

The Grey
Mar 2, 2004

Dazerbeams posted:

And everyone but Tara, Alcide, and Bill lived happily ever after.

I don't think Sarah Newman lived happily ever after.

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

Well, that was just as dumb as I wanted it to be!

Ew, Sookie got some of Bill in her mouth.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Once again Eric and Pam keeping the head of an otherwise drowning show up above water. That was um, a show that I'm not watching anymore I guess. I think they leaked the Bill human thing on purpose. I was actually surprised when he popped because I assumed long ago he'd become human.

Lava Lamp Goddess posted:

Well, that was just as dumb as I wanted it to be!

Oh, I'm sure it wasn't the first time :pervert:

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
That season felt like a bunch of really bad fanfic. Pseudo-zombie apocalypse, Arlene loving a vampire, Letty Mae's vision quest, Hoyt/Jessica getting married, Eric/Pam vs. the Yakuza, Ginger's backstory, all the random sex dreams; all of it seemed like a bunch of unrelated fanfic that got made into one season. Who the gently caress thought these were stories that should be told?

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

counterfeitsaint posted:

I think they leaked the Bill human thing on purpose. I was actually surprised when he popped because I assumed long ago he'd become human.

It's weird because there was the mind reading thing and then early in the episode Jessica mentions that Bill feels warm, so it seems like they were seriously hinting at it and then just said "gently caress it" I guess.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Kimmalah posted:

It's weird because there was the mind reading thing and then early in the episode Jessica mentions that Bill feels warm, so it seems like they were seriously hinting at it and then just said "gently caress it" I guess.

That's what I mean. Because of the leak, when these things started happening I was like, yep, there is a 100% chance of this happening now. Which is the only reason why it was surprising.

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

Yeah, I'm really liking the idea that Bill was turning human and he killed himself before that happened. It's just dumb enough to be true.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Lawlicaust posted:

That season felt like a bunch of really bad fanfic. Pseudo-zombie apocalypse, Arlene loving a vampire, Letty Mae's vision quest, Hoyt/Jessica getting married, Eric/Pam vs. the Yakuza, Ginger's backstory, all the random sex dreams; all of it seemed like a bunch of unrelated fanfic that got made into one season. Who the gently caress thought these were stories that should be told?

I thought the Hoyt/Jessica thing (comparatively anyway, of course) made a reasonable amount of sense if only because the way they wrote off Hoyt always felt like the kind of thing that was temporary, and Jason/Jessica just felt unbelievably awkward to me. I should say them getting back together made a reasonable amount of sense; the wedding was hamfisted as gently caress.

The rest of this post is 100% accurate though. Christ, what a dropoff this show had. The part that's hilarious to me about Bill just eating it was that it felt like the writers set up half a dozen swerves and didn't follow through on any of them, which to me felt like them deliberately pissing off the majority of the fanbase (i.e. the TRUE WUV PREVAILS) people as much as possible, yet it still managed to piss me off too by the end even though I give no fucks about Bill dying really. It's amazing.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

counterfeitsaint posted:

That's what I mean. Because of the leak, when these things started happening I was like, yep, there is a 100% chance of this happening now. Which is the only reason why it was surprising.

As dumb as the turning human thing sounded at the time, at least it would have been more interesting than what we got.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
The only thing I want out of this show is a .gif of Eric dancing in the car with 3 corpses.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
It was alright, but it really dragged in the middle. Eric and Pam and Sarah Newlin saved it. Figured an actual big bad would've helped. Ah well. Wasn't utter poo poo, but not amazing either.

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back
Sorry it was utter poo poo. While I was expecting that much from the series finale, they proved they been saving some awful writing that would even shock me. While not a great show, it at least has one of the worst series finales ever.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

nate fisher posted:

Sorry it was utter poo poo. While I was expecting that much from the series finale, they proved they been saving some awful writing that would even shock me. While not a great show, it at least has one of the worst series finales ever.

It was bad, but really it was more boring than anything and I've seen worse finales.

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002
Honestly I think it could have been a lot worse. I didn't completely hate it. I also thought that by killing Bill they hosed up his chances of turning human. Too bad that wasn't confirmed and a grief-stricken Sookie didn't off herself. :(

I kept waiting for the husband to turn out to be Bill and was glad it wasn't. That would have been worse.

Oh well. It wasn't great but my expectations a were so low that I found it to be tolerable.

They should have had one if Jason's daughters be a telepath for the blah blah blah of it all.

Did anyone see what time Pam rang the bell at the stock exchange? Place better have been "light tight" or whatever.

I dunno. I may rewatch the series at some point to see the fun that was the first 5 seasons. And if people are right about Alan Ball having left after the S5 finale, I may need to watch everything he does because the first 5 were FANTASTIC. How I wish we would have gotten a lot more deeper into Russel's 3000 years. He so deserved at least one full episode devoted to him as a series of flashbacks every 200-300 years. Missed opportunity. :(

I'm going to be generous and say 6/10. Yes I know I'm being generous.

rope kid
Feb 3, 2001

Warte nur! Balde
Ruhest du auch.

MaximumBob posted:

I like that characters who've all gone through multiple partners in the like six weeks of time the show has taken place over (not counting time skips) all stay with the same people for four years.
It turned out that Bill Compton generated an infidelity field all across Bon Temps.

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

Kimmalah posted:

It was bad, but really it was more boring than anything and I've seen worse finales.

Only one I can think of is possibly Dexter, and in all fairness I gave up on Weeds so I don't know how bad that was. This from the channel that had what I consider the greatest series finale, Six Feet Under, is embarrassing.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

nate fisher posted:

Only one I can think of is possibly Dexter, and in all fairness I gave up on Weeds so I don't know how bad that was. This from the channel that had what I consider the greatest series finale, Six Feet Under, is embarrassing.

That was mostly what I was referring to, but I've already brought up Dexter a lot in the thread. Maybe I'm just dead inside after watching that.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

The Roseanne finale was pretty bad.

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

nate fisher posted:

Bahaha. Weeds. I gave up on it myself. Then in 2012 or whatever my work schedule became a bit more relaxed and I decided to hate watch that train wreck. It got SO MUCH WORSE. It turned into a sick loving joke. Their finale was based in the future you see. It was horrifying but due to how absurd the last 4(?) seasons or whatever were you expected nothing good.

Only cool part of the Weeds finale I can remember was the design of the future cellphone. They seemed kinda cool.

But goddamn if Mary Louise Parker isn't the hottest older broad in recent memory. And goddamn did she love to play it up.

nooneofconsequence posted:

The Roseanne finale was pretty bad.

Now this is just plain wrong. That finale redeemed the complete shark jumping dull of a last season into something very clever for a network tv sitcom. It made me appreciate the show big time.

Dresh
Jun 15, 2008

hrmph.
I like how Bill decided that getting pregnant was apparently the end-all-be-all of Sookie's chance at a happy and full life.

PlushCow
Oct 19, 2005

The cow eats the grass

Kimmalah posted:

As dumb as the turning human thing sounded at the time, at least it would have been more interesting than what we got.

It would've been and I wonder if they did film that ending, especially with the little hints that it was going that way, but changed last minute because it was leaked and wanted the ending to be a "surprise". Which is stupid because the supposed leaked ending was better and they shouldve done reshoots if it wasn't planned that way anyways.

At least the show's over and some of it was good. Some. :negative:

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Lava Lamp Goddess posted:

The way she was straddling his body I'm sure she got a little in both mouths.

Darth Freddy
Feb 6, 2007

An Emperor's slightest dislike is transmitted to those who serve him, and there it is amplified into rage.
Usually on the last episodes of shows I feel some sort of lose on what am I going to turn to now type of thing or at least some kind of closure you know. Now with this over I don't even care beyond that it all could of been so much better.

Also requesting a gif of Eric dancing.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

courtney_beth posted:

Eric driving with dead bodies in the car was definitely the highlight of the episode.

ded posted:

The only thing I want out of this show is a .gif of Eric dancing in the car with 3 corpses.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Dresh posted:

I like how Bill decided that getting pregnant was apparently the end-all-be-all of Sookie's chance at a happy and full life.

Which he was apparently right about. Ugh.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Dresh posted:

It's such a weird and hosed up message. Even if Sookie was a dumbass danger whore, at least her life was interesting.

And Weeds had a tough final few seasons (with the exception of season 6, which was oddly good), but its finale was better than this. I think the only way this could have been worse is if they all decided to become lumberjacks... Actually, that would have made it better.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

And that's the last time Eric ever thought about Sookie.

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

Kind of funny that Charlaine Harris' cameo was largely unnoticed.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

I don't know who that is.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

nooneofconsequence posted:

I don't know who that is.

The author of this mess. Where was she in this episode? She cameoed before in season two, but I didn't see her tonight.

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

She was in the TV scene with Pam and Eric. She was behind the TVs/cameras or whatever. It was a blink and you'll miss it. Only reason why I noticed was because of her dumb old lady hair.

courtney_beth
Jul 23, 2007

I SHALL NOT USE MY
HOOVES AS HANDS
I thought that she looked familiar....

Right click, saving .gif. I'm going to pretend that was the end of the episode.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Also, it can't be pointed out enough that a show that is supposed to be a gay right's allegory (albeit, an atrocious one), completely sidelined its most prominent gay character in its last season, to the point of giving him zero dialogue in the finale. Where the gently caress was Lafayette? Why was this all so bad?

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Nichael posted:

Also, it can't be pointed out enough that a show that is supposed to be a gay right's allegory (albeit, an atrocious one), completely sidelined its most prominent gay character in its last season, to the point of giving him zero dialogue in the finale. Where the gently caress was Lafayette? Why was this all so bad?

Remember when they almost killed him in a dumpster? He tried to come out of the dumpster, but his love could not be recognized by the state of Louisiana so they had to put him back in.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
All I wanted was for Bill to explode and make a True Blood Red Wedding for Hoyt and Jessica, the most stupidly rushed and ham fisted marriage in recent television history.

Chopsy
Dec 27, 2005

GUNS GUNS GUNS
BIKES BIKES
YOUR MOM
You're welcome, guys. Now I have to go find another show to work on so I can have some part in disappointing you guys for another 7 years.

Love,
Goon Werewolf

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Nate Falls posted:

You're welcome, guys. Now I have to go find another show to work on so I can have some part in disappointing you guys for another 7 years.

Love,
Goon Werewolf
It's kind of like the phrase "Support Our Troops". You don't necessarily support the war they're fighting, but you support the people themselves. We thank you for your service.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Nate Falls posted:

Love,
Goon Werewolf

That facial hair is a gift to the world my friend. Never be ashamed.

PS Go work on Penny Dreadful.

• Locked thread