Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:

Can you ally with it, then convince Strauss and Isaac that you killed it? Either way, ally. You're not a Tremere, trusting them is nothing but foolish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tehan
Jan 19, 2011

citybeatnik posted:

You assume that the guy that outright told us that his loyalty is to his clan, himself, and the Camarilla (in that order!) would pay us back.

Well, yeah. Said loyalty would involve paying his debts to maintain the good name of himself and the Tremere. He paid us for the Plaguebearer job, after all.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Stroop There It Is posted:

Can you ally with it, then convince Strauss and Isaac that you killed it? Either way, ally. You're not a Tremere, trusting them is nothing but foolish.

Making it your ally involves getting it to guard the theater for Isaac, but I don't know about Strauss. I never thought to get him involved since the theater's straight across from Isaac and I usually have enough Persuade to get the job done in no time flat.

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!

You can ally, then tell Issac. He'll want to keep the gargoyle as a surprise, so you can tell Strauss that you killed it and he'll pay you. You can also tell Issac that the gargoyle is Strauss' creation for some extra XP. However, Issac will immediately gossip that to embarrass the Camarilla, so you'll lose Strauss as an ally and not get his payment.

gatz
Oct 19, 2012

Love 'em and leave 'em
Groom 'em and feed 'em
Cid Shinjuku

Can you ally with it, then convince Strauss and Isaac that you killed it?

Maybe I wasn't clear enough about this. There is no option to ally ourself with the Gargoyle. The only option instead of killing it is to ally it with Issac Abrams. Re-reading these votes makes it seem like many of you don't understand what the choice was.

Syncopated posted:

I forgot or never realized when I played that you could avoid killing it, so you should definitely ally with the gargoyle.

MJ12 posted:

Ally with it!

The choice is to recruit the Gargoyle to Issac's faction, or destroy it. We are a free-agent trying to please every side. Allying the gargoyle with Isaac is not the same as allying it with ourself.

If this clarification makes you change your vote, do so now.

gatz fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Aug 22, 2014

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
Was that ever in any doubt?

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

gatz posted:

Maybe I wasn't clear enough about this. There is no option to ally ourself with the Gargoyle. The only option instead of killing it is to ally it with Issac Abrams. Re-reading these votes makes it seem like many of you don't understand what the choice was.

The choice is to recruit the Gargoyle to Issac's faction, or destroy it. We are a free-agent trying to please every side. Allying the gargoyle with Isaac is not the same as allying it with ourself.

If this clarification makes you change your vote, do so now.

My vote stands, don't kill it.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:
Ally with Isaac Tremere cannot be trusted.Ever.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Did a bit of accounting, here's my result. Any deviations are the result of Dementation and not at all a clerical error:

quote:

kill the garoyle:

tehan, double nine, oanquinas, angry lobster, inflatablefish, jacknapier, tyrone biggums, Corzanth, CirclMastr, mauman, theragamuffn, grimpond, pumprag, yamiaainferno, shugojin, ghetto prince, junio g-man, dankrhymer

totals: 18

ally the gargoyle (this is understood as ally it to Isaac)

kanthulhu, syncopated, tiggum, ghostwoods, drakyn, night10194, mj12, citybeatnik, ForeverBWFC, glazius, purerok, deusexmachinima, newmars, arcade rabbit, rockopolis, stroop there it is, sirkibbles.

totals: 17

Protect the Masquerade, kill more thinbloods.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Kill it because Abrams can go gently caress himself.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Kill it because I never do.

David Corbett
Feb 6, 2008

Courage, my friends; 'tis not too late to build a better world.
Kill it because the Final Nights could use a bit more grimdark.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Kill it! Because why would we do Issac any favors?

Stroth
Mar 31, 2007

All Problems Solved
Kill it because when the universe hands you a gift-wrapped chance to play both sides you need to take it.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

Stroth posted:

Kill it because when the universe hands you a gift-wrapped chance to play both sides you need to take it.

Killing it wouldn't really be playing both sides. It would be doing exactly what both sides want, really.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

PureRok posted:

Killing it wouldn't really be playing both sides. It would be doing exactly what both sides want, really.
Yeah, the best way to play both sides it would be to convince the gargoyle to ally with Isaac and defend the theatre, tell Strauss it's dead, and thus keep the knowledge of Strauss' failure to control his creation as blackmail in our back pocket for the future.

In fact, let's do exactly that.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

JT Jag posted:

Yeah, the best way to play both sides it would be to convince the gargoyle to ally with Isaac and defend the theatre, tell Strauss it's dead, and thus keep the knowledge of Strauss' failure to control his creation as blackmail in our back pocket for the future.

That thing. Do that thing, it seems neat.

Pumprag
Jan 29, 2013

JT Jag posted:

it' stupid though and exploiting a hole in the games quest mechanics

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
How is following dialogue options given to you in the game exploiting anything? Pretty sure you can do exactly that in every version of the game, patch or no patch. Right?

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:

I haxploited Jeanette and Therese to make peace with each other using my GameRokea.

dont skimp on the shrimp
Apr 23, 2008

:coffee:
kill the gargoyle.

midwifecrisis
Jul 5, 2005

oh, have I got some GREAT news for you!

JT Jag posted:

This guy knows how to turn the game around on these guys, let's do that.

Boogle
Sep 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Wa11y posted:

Let's face it, any weapon you use against a stone gargoyle is going to pretty quickly BECOME a blunt weapon!

Is it a bad thing that I use a tire iron for this? Most of the time I play gunslingers, and can't be bothered to get a sledgehammer.

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013
Murder Abrams and Strauss and Befriend the gargoyle.

AmyL
Aug 8, 2013

Black Thursday was a disaster, plain and simple.
We lost too many good people, too many planes.
We can't let that kind of tragedy happen again.
I am sure that he will be a rocksteady ally

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!

I haxploited Jeanette and Therese to make peace with each other using my GameRokea.

Ally Jeanette with the Tremere, kill Therese, and merge Isaac's personality with the Gargoyle.

Erebro
Apr 28, 2013

Kavingi posted:

This guy knows how to turn the game around on these guys, let's do that.

The truly Ventrue option would be to calmly analyze the situation, thing it over, and decide do this, now!

Let's make our sire's memory proud.

gatz
Oct 19, 2012

Love 'em and leave 'em
Groom 'em and feed 'em
Cid Shinjuku
My final tally
Ally: 23
Kill: 23

I guess I'll flip a coin.

gatz fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Aug 24, 2014

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

FWIW, I'd vote Ally.

Pickled Tink
Apr 28, 2012

Have you heard about First Dog? It's a very good comic I just love.

Also, wear your bike helmets kids. I copped several blows to the head but my helmet left me totally unscathed.

Finally you should check out First Dog as it's a good comic I like it very much.
Fun Shoe
I would also vote Ally if the voting was open. As a Ventrue, one schemes for greatest advantage, and avoids directly participating in bloodshed wherever possible because it might mess up ones hair or get ones clothes dirty.

gatz
Oct 19, 2012

Love 'em and leave 'em
Groom 'em and feed 'em
Cid Shinjuku
Too late, I recorded the next 3-4 updates today including those sewers. gently caress that sucked, not to mention that the plus patch stamped that awful WESP stamp all over the latter section of those sewers.

It was Vicissitude that flipped the coin. You'll all have to wait to see what JFK said.

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

gatz posted:

Too late, I recorded the next 3-4 updates today including those sewers. gently caress that sucked, not to mention that the plus patch stamped that awful WESP stamp all over the latter section of those sewers.

I think I speak for most of us when I admit that I just no-clipped my way through those loving sewers jesus loving christ.

Caustic Soda
Nov 1, 2010
I went through those sewers four times before I started noclipping. The first because I didn't know what to expect. The next three because surely they'd be bearable on a character specialized in melee/shooting/obfuscate, right? Wrong. that just brought things from 'a pain in the rear end' to 'tedious'. Sometimes I can be stupidly stubborn.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

citybeatnik posted:

I think I speak for most of us when I admit that I just no-clipped my way through those loving sewers jesus loving christ.

You certainly speak for me. I was warned well in advance that the sewers are the worst part of the game, so I straight up noclipped that poo poo.

I don't think anyone would hold it against you to have your character achieve a short state of vampiric transcendence just long enough to push you through the sewers and then lose it.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
Was it just me or was the sewers the hardest part of the game?

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Iretep posted:

Mainly due to deprivation and poor level design. If you brought blood with you and know what to expect they're just tedious since they're basically a rat maze to run through. Its the most Redemption-like level in Bloodlines.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Iretep posted:

I found the final boss fights harder, but that depends on which ending you choose.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

gatz posted:

I'd argue that there is no way those levels can be made worse, but ... this is WESP we're talking about

Tyrone Biggums
Mar 5, 2013

Tiggum posted:

I found the final boss fights harder, but that depends on which ending you choose.

Nope. Depending on whether a certain somebody survives up to that point, you can unlock a superweapon that turns those fights into baby poo poo. The sewers are infinitely worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Tyrone Biggums posted:

Nope. Depending on whether a certain somebody survives up to that point, you can unlock a superweapon that turns those fights into baby poo poo. The sewers are infinitely worse.
From what I've read all weapon merchants will sell that weapon after you do the Giovanni mission. The sewers are fine but there are 3 of the bloody levels and each one is more spacious and populated by more monsters than it should be.

• Locked thread