Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Considering how the Emerald Herald is basically the plot of the game, I'd be pretty surprised if that character model didn't pop up. Either way I'm getting pretty excited for the DLC on Tuesday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.

Schwack posted:

I agree, I just thought it was a neat little tidbit someone was able to find that may, or may not, be indicative of future content. Seeing the Herald in the past would be neat, but this certainly doesn't guarantee that.

If we're going with wild speculation, then how about that the child version of her is the TRUE version and every time you see her, either as the Emerald Herald or as the old Firekeeper in the intro, are just projections of her as she wants you to see her. And so in the third snowy DLC you find her in a cage bundled up the way she is as a child and rescue or release her.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
Or she's the True Final Boss once you grab all the crowns, because :darksouls:

Actually I have no earthly idea why I'm getting these crowns and Vendrick acted like he wasn't sure why I was doing it either.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
The boss of the Iron Throne is the Burger King. You get one of those paper crowns from beating it.

Batigh
Dec 21, 2009

EC posted:

Thanks!

I'll actually take the respect mail stuff too, if you feel like sending it. I use it for April Fool's day and stuff like that.

As you wish! (WRT the spooky comments, two of my characters are named SPOOKY DAD)

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Nakar posted:

Actually I have no earthly idea why I'm getting these crowns and Vendrick acted like he wasn't sure why I was doing it either.

I would be ok with beating the crap out of BEAR SEEK SEEK LEST I mean the Emerald Herald.

SpruceZeus
Aug 13, 2011

Time to get my punch on.

fake edit: oh god i just now noticed what her foot is doing

actual edit: timg'd because of huge

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Nakar posted:

I want the final reward of the DLC to be the ability to stack all of the crowns on top of one another and wear them all at once.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

quote:

I get the impression there's no real reason to, Vendrick just wants to see if you're a bad enough undead to do it.

Lets! Get! Weird!
Aug 18, 2012

Black King Bazinga
Leaked concept art of the boss of the next DLC:

The Wonder Weapon
Dec 16, 2006

Do we know where the second DLC will spin out of?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
My guess is that it'll have an area made for it carved out of the existing level, like the first one did. Probably at or near the end of the iron keep.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012
Well, one of them has got to be behind those doors in Drangleic Castle.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
The model for the teleport thing is the same as the one in the Shrine of Winter, and given the snowy look of the Ivory King DLC the assumption is it'll spin off from there.

OIK will, I presume, be a teleporter behind the OIK Primal Bonfire just like the Sunken King one was behind The Rotten's.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Nakar posted:

The model for the teleport thing is the same as the one in the Shrine of Winter, and given the snowy look of the Ivory King DLC the assumption is it'll spin off from there.

OIK will, I presume, be a teleporter behind the OIK Primal Bonfire just like the Sunken King one was behind The Rotten's.

I'm still really hoping it will be in the Smelter Demon's room after you kill him/Pursuer. :getin:

Batigh
Dec 21, 2009
Streaming some more Bloodbro Arena PVP as a caster at http://www.twitch.tv/grimbattler Come watch me cast spells at the mans!

Batigh fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Aug 25, 2014

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

Batigh posted:

Streaming some more Bloodbro Arena PVP as a caster at http://www.twitch.tv/grimbattler. Come watch me cast spells at the mans!

Your link has a . in it, figured it out though.

Rootin' for ya!

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Finished my no death run! :woop: (of course it was with the most boring character I made for the task)

Never again though. It was pretty discouraging sometimes and not fun going through the start of the game so many times.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Oroboro had some fun run ins with the same hackers for hours. He made a compilation. Some of the hacks were hilarious. Some, not so much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CxZX3udeZA

also apparently people think tallgeese was responsible

Batigh
Dec 21, 2009

The Protagonist posted:

Your link has a . in it, figured it out though.

Rootin' for ya!

poo poo, thanks. Sorry about that.

The Wonder Weapon
Dec 16, 2006

First, is this guy only droppable from the non-respawning knights? http://darksouls2.wikidot.com/old-knight-hammer

Second, I think the spear-wielding enemies may be the most irritating in the game, given how many there are.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Genocyber posted:

I'm still really hoping it will be in the Smelter Demon's room after you kill him/Pursuer. :getin:

I hope the elevator gets another stop.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me

RBA Starblade posted:

I hope the elevator gets another stop.

I hope the final boss turns out to be the OIK's legs.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

The Wonder Weapon posted:

First, is this guy only droppable from the non-respawning knights? http://darksouls2.wikidot.com/old-knight-hammer

Yes, but you get a free one much later.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzLaBrHevao

Tell me this still works :allears:

Batigh
Dec 21, 2009

It sure does! It's also possible with powerstanced daggers, but the window is really, really tight.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
So, I got Lost Sinner and Freja's souls, there are three lights in the basement map in Majula. Could someone give me a hint of where to go? Apart from the place located after Not-Blightown, or is it my only remaining destination for now?

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Iceclaw posted:

So, I got Lost Sinner and Freja's souls, there are three lights in the basement map in Majula. Could someone give me a hint of where to go? Apart from the place located after Not-Blightown, or is it my only remaining destination for now?

Exhaust Licia's dialogue in Heide's to get her to move to the Rotunda in Majula, speak to her there to unlock the path to a new area.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

The Wonder Weapon posted:

Do we know where the second DLC will spin out of?

I would guess that they all start in the primal bonfire rooms.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

DLC is downloading. Countdown to datamining? :v:

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Alabaster White posted:

DLC is downloading. Countdown to datamining? :v:
Time to unfollow this thread! :)

Navaash
Aug 15, 2001

FEED ME

Manatee Cannon posted:

I would guess that they all start in the primal bonfire rooms.
I just checked and it's __________past Old Iron King____________.

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
God dammit. Right after I finish a no-death Artorias cosplay run so I can invisibly cast hexes from my left hand, they reveal Artorias' sword... which only does the leaping, spinning special attack in the left hand. Time for a no-bonfire run I guess.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Well uh at least Shrine of Amana won't be so annoying?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bs3IHX8jMqA

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!

Tae posted:

Well uh at least Shrine of Amana won't be so annoying?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bs3IHX8jMqA

Working as intended.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Navaash posted:

I just checked and it's __________past Old Iron King____________.

That's actually exactly where I thought it'd be. :toot:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Whiteblacksteel katana is pretty cool.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I wish the Imported Set wasn't so heavy. It looks so cool.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

Fly Molo posted:

God dammit. Right after I finish a no-death Artorias cosplay run so I can invisibly cast hexes from my left hand, they reveal Artorias' sword... which only does the leaping, spinning special attack in the left hand. Time for a no-bonfire run I guess.

Wait what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Azran posted:

Wait what?

It's one of the new DLC weapons. (Item spoilers) Here's a pic of it.