Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AndroidHub
Feb 28, 2007

I've seen some stuff that would really make you say "like what?"
So when will we actually be able to play the new content? it seems really weird to patch the stuff in before it can be used legitimately. (I get that they did this big time with the majula chest stuff, but still).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Tomorrow I think. Also I just checked Reddit and I could not find any item spoilers. Is there a topic somewhere?

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

CJacobs posted:

It's one of the new DLC weapons. (Item spoilers) Here's a pic of it.

Mah baby! :swoon:

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

Maybe Kris can come in, and we can throw M-80s at his asshole.

Azran posted:

Tomorrow I think. Also I just checked Reddit and I could not find any item spoilers. Is there a topic somewhere?

Hey don't click this link there are spoilers in it, ok: http://www.reddit.com/r/DarkSouls2/comments/2eik8v/new_dlc_weapons_spoilers/

THE LEGEND NEVER DIES.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Hell yes. gently caress the Mirror Knight, I'm gonna be a Knight Knight

And is that the Dragon Bone Smasher?

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Holy poo poo. Thank you.

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Stokes posted:

THE LEGEND NEVER DIES.

Awwww poo poo. POWER UP THE BASS CANNON

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

drat, guess I can't get the whitesteel katana on my older characters. Oh well, might as well start a new one and try a dex build for the first time in this game.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
I'm hype

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
When will the DLC activate?

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
When the various console stores update, I'd imagine. I'm not really sure when it will activate/pop up on Steam.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Came out on Wednesday for consoles last time didn't it?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

If it's like last time it'll be up really early in the morning. So as soon as you wake up tomorrow you'll likely be able to set it to download for when you get home.

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
This game really needs a legitimate way to change your name. Even though the console versions just display your PSN/XBL handle instead, it's the only reason I use Cheat Engine, and I don't want to get hellbanned for it. Well, that and giving myself a huge pile of Prism Stones because 300 souls is way too goddamn expensive, they should cost the same as an Iron Arrow or whatever.

AndroidHub
Feb 28, 2007

I've seen some stuff that would really make you say "like what?"
Yeah, the cost of something that has absolutely no effect on gameplay being so high has bugged me since launch, especially given that they have no actual mechanical use like they did in the crystal caves, and with the way soul memory works.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Mr Dog posted:

This game really needs a legitimate way to change your name. Even though the console versions just display your PSN/XBL handle instead, it's the only reason I use Cheat Engine, and I don't want to get hellbanned for it. Well, that and giving myself a huge pile of Prism Stones because 300 souls is way too goddamn expensive, they should cost the same as an Iron Arrow or whatever.

It frustrates me to no end that you can not change your character's appearance in game legitimately (don't know if you can cheat it on PC since I play on PS3 anyway).

AndroidHub posted:

Yeah, the cost of something that has absolutely no effect on gameplay being so high has bugged me since launch, especially given that they have no actual mechanical use like they did in the crystal caves, and with the way soul memory works.

You can trade them with the birds for better items.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

Flytrap posted:

Came out on Wednesday for consoles last time didn't it?

Only European PSN updates on Wednesday, so most players will be able to play Crown of the Old Iron King legitimately from tomorrow on.

Senjuro
Aug 19, 2006
Have people been banned for using Cheat Engine to get a bunch of souls? The way I see it I can spend hours farming the Giant King and get to the exact same point so is it really cheating if I spare myself some tedium? My SM is already past 35 million anyway.

edit: VVVVV aiming for max level on everything. It's either do 800 more Giant King runs or cheat.

Senjuro fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Aug 25, 2014

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Nobody has been banned, period. Though what you need with more souls at that SM is beyond me. Why not just start a new character?

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
It sure would be nice if one of these new straight swords had a one-handed thrust R2. I'm just sayin just sayin just uh

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
What's this 1GB patch I'm downloading?

oh it's just the DLC I guess.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Fly Molo posted:

Awwww poo poo. POWER UP THE BASS CANNON

Thank you so much for this From.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GL7xWmD4R7o

oh jesus

from what the gently caress are you doing, a washing pole length katana with 150 counter damage, 300 base damage, scaling, can be infused, and also has a self buff

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Thumbtacks posted:

oh jesus

from what the gently caress are you doing, a washing pole length katana with 150 counter damage, 300 base damage, scaling, can be infused, and also has a self buff

I can't wait to die from the entire Iron Keep bridge away to this thing.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Jesus the internet works fast. Didn't think people would get the weapons already. :stare:

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Thumbtacks posted:

oh jesus

Holy poo poo that infusion animation is awesome.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttQ1kyuF174

6 new DLC spells. :stare:

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

TheQat posted:

What's this 1GB patch I'm downloading?

oh it's just the DLC I guess.

It's adding all the DLC weapons/spells and the area you enter it but you'll still have to download the DLC tomorrow.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Thumbtacks posted:

oh jesus

It's got 20 durability and the kill yourself move uses some of it. The thing is wicked fragile.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

CJacobs posted:

It's got 20 durability and the kill yourself move uses some of it.

It uses approximately 3 durability.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Thumbtacks posted:

It uses approximately 3 durability.

You are overestimating how long 17 durability lasts.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

CJacobs posted:

You are overestimating how long 17 durability lasts.

You're acting like fighting against that will last longer than 30 seconds.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Well if you're not lovely at the game then yeah, they'll be dead by then. The thing swings real slow and the self buff both a) hurts the user and b) doesn't give you i-frames.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

It looks like From messed up again.

The stab-self infusion was not given to the Key to the Embedded.

Hopefully this oversight will be corrected as soon as possible. I expect an emergency calibration patch tomorrow.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Tallgeese posted:

It looks like From messed up again.

The stab-self infusion was not given to the Key to the Embedded.

Hopefully this oversight will be corrected as soon as possible. I expect an emergency calibration patch tomorrow.

is it even possible to swap a self infusion? I know you can swap the moveset (which should definitely be done asap) but could you make it so stabbing yourself with the KttE would give you a buff?

(Also how can we give ourselves that move with the Key? You are good at this and I am hilariously not)

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!
No Heihachi moveset found so far, this is not the best of all possible worlds :(

Artemis J Brassnuts
Jan 2, 2009
I regret😢 to inform📢 I am the most sexually🍆 vanilla 🍦straight 📏 dude😰 on the planet🌎

Fly Molo posted:

God dammit. Right after I finish a no-death Artorias cosplay run so I can invisibly cast hexes from my left hand, they reveal Artorias' sword... which only does the leaping, spinning special attack in the left hand. Time for a no-bonfire run I guess.
Time to respec my left-handed hexer

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

What are people finding in the way of spells so far? I'm going to bet a good number of pyromancies.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

RBA Starblade posted:

What are people finding in the way of spells so far? I'm going to bet a good number of pyromancies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttQ1kyuF174

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Missed this, thanks.