Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea

FinalGamer posted:

...okay I can actually tell from that label alone that this was from HMV, and considering I once saw a copy of A Serbian Film on the loving shelves at that store

I bought irreversible there a decade ago. I had no idea what it was, but they had these cardboard stands right by the entrance full of copies and the stands had nothing but 5 star reviews all over them and it was kind of mysterious and dark looking so I was in. Not even in the normal dvd section - you had to walk past them to get to anything else.

As much as I appreciate the film, imagining the other kind of people who must have picked one up still makes me laugh.
e: to be fair, back in the day I used to buy a lot of random movies at hmv and very rarely they weren't great, they had some legit stock for a brick & mortar store.

cubicle gangster has a new favorite as of 05:14 on Aug 25, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

LoonShia posted:

Show me all the blueprints.

When you scroll past the timg of this it looks like he's nodding his head.

Deadly Mongoose
May 27, 2006

Please give me terrible avatar that is awesome

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away

Oh come on man, I gotta be at work in an hour.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

The best game :)

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.
Well done, Google :thumbsup:

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

He's already sued and won against media doing that.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

beato posted:

What's the context for this?

Build-a-Boar
Feb 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The Ian Watkins pictured is a convicted literal baby rapist (also was the lead singer of the band lostprophets), who shares his name with a member of the band Steps who is not a baby rapist.

Also if I google 'Ian H Watkins', lostprophets baby raper is the first result. That's unfortunate!

Inco
Apr 3, 2009

I have been working out! My modem is broken and my phone eats half the posts I try to make, including all the posts I've tried to make here. I'll try this one more time.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Ian "H" Watkins is a member of the band Steps. The man in the picture is Ian Watkins, former frontman for Lostprophets, now serving 30 years for attempted toddler rape.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Ian Watkins, of Lostprophets, is a convicted child molester (and an extremely depraved one at that, he makes Aatrek look like a display of restraint).

Ian Watkins, of Steps, is a normal guy who does not have sex with children. That picture has the wrong Ian Watkins in it, in fact it's even using the mugshot of the child abuser.

If you're the non-predatory Ian Watkins, that's not cool.

Mr. Yuk
Apr 1, 2005

In case of accidental ingestion, please consult a mortician.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Ian "H" Watkins is a pop star from the pop group Steps. Pictured, I believe, is the mugshot for Ian Watkins, lead singer of Lostprophets, and an absolutely despicable person of the lowest order. Granted, I just googled all this so I could have it wrong, but that seems to be the gist.

e: f,b

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

So the mystic script says.

dog days are over posted:

The Ian Watkins pictured is a convicted literal baby rapist (also was the lead singer of the band lostprophets), who shares his name with a member of the band Steps who is not a baby rapist.

Also if I google 'Ian H Watkins', lostprophets baby raper is the first result. That's unfortunate!
Which is really loving stupid because baby-raping Watkins doesn't even HAVE an H in his entire name. Seriously, look it up.

Ian David Karslake Watkins, there's not ONE loving H in there jesus christ how do you gently caress up search so bad Google.

\/ EDIT: yeah I loved the band too, they were pretty awesome at their music but this kinda ruined it hugely. This also makes "A Town Called Hypocrisy" now really loving dark if you watch the music video.

FinalGamer has a new favorite as of 16:19 on Aug 25, 2014

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Off topic, but Lostprophets was a great band and I hate that he's such a sick gently caress. :(

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul
Ian "H" Watkins is the British host of Top of the Pops, whose semen was popular with his stepsons in the early 2000s.

Pass it on.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

FinalGamer posted:

Ian David Karslake Watkins, there's not ONE loving H in there jesus christ how do you gently caress up search so bad Google.

There's also no "H" in Ian H Watkin's real name. As per Wikipedia, the "H" stands for hyperactive.

snortpocket
Apr 27, 2004

Oh... my podcast... it's so good... ungh.... it's the best.... podcast ever.... oh god.... UNNNGGGGGHHHH
the H stands for "Hey Baby"

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

beato posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RleE--HDBiU

David Pratt
Apr 21, 2001
Ahahaha didn't know about that KATG track, amazing :D

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Sebastian Vettel posted:

There's also no "H" in Ian H Watkin's real name. As per Wikipedia, the "H" stands for hyperactive.

gently caress it, I'd just change my whole name altogether at this point.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
"Why should I? He's the one that sucks!"

Because those are related somehow.

e: whoops, wrong thread. Have it anyway.

old bean factory has a new favorite as of 20:20 on Aug 25, 2014

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

"The ALS" makes me think whoever made that image is under the impression that ALS is an organization like "the ACLU" or "the UN".

fleshy echidna
Apr 11, 2010
So people know that you waste like 3 gallons of water per day flushing toilets right? I guess if you poo poo in the shower contesting the ice bucket challenge is pretty reasonable.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

fleshy echidna posted:

So people know that you waste like 3 gallons of water per day flushing toilets right? I guess if you poo poo in the shower contesting the ice bucket challenge is pretty reasonable.

I was reading comments to see people getting mad and one of them was about how his county was having a drought and it is soooo wasteful to waste all this water if you added it all up it is probably enough to fill an Olympic swimming pool!

Your typical small township uses over 1,000,000 gallons per day making GBS threads, showering, and doing laundry and dishes.

Decrepus has a new favorite as of 20:45 on Aug 25, 2014

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Decrepus posted:

I was reading comments to see people getting mad and one of them was about how his county was having a drought and it is soooo wasteful to waste all this water if you added it all up it is probably enough to fill an Olympic swimming pool!

Your typical small township uses over 1,000,000 gallons per day making GBS threads, showering, and doing laundry and dishes.

My half-brother lives on a farm remote enough that it needs water to be delivered and stored for home use. He initially thought the water delivery people were full of poo poo when they said 75 gallons per person per day. He quickly found out they weren't bullshitting. :stare:

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
"Wasting water" is kind of a misnomer anyway because the water isn't leaving the ecosystem or anything. And it's not being poisoned or polluted in this case. It's just being poured onto the sidewalk or down the drain or something. It'll find its way back to aquifers or lakes or wherever your municipality draws its water from.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Sebastian Vettel posted:

If someone has a nickname, it's not unusual for it to be where a middle name would go. When he was in Steps, Ian Watkins was always called H.

CowboyKid
May 29, 2008

This is intentional, It's outside a bar called the One-Eyed Penguin, or OEP. Downtown Dallas, decent bar although there is a long staircase to get into it and coming down can be much more difficult.

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

Dudley posted:

He's already sued and won against media doing that.

It obviously was ineffective I just took that screen capture this afternoon.

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/aug/25/bristol-bus-stop-misspelled-bup-stop

Whoopsie.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Nice work, local road painters :britain:

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
Nay bother removing the markings, just rename the street as Bup Street. It's already got a world famous landmark.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

theflyingorc posted:

Ian Watkins, of Lostprophets, is a convicted child molester (and an extremely depraved one at that, he makes Aatrek look like a display of restraint).

During his trial, it emerged that the password for his email was "ifuckkids".

I'm not even joking. :negative:

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

mfcrocker posted:

Nice work, local road painters :britain:

It'd be a natural progression of uk english if buses were referred to as bups or buppers from now on.

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!
Stop at the bup stop, go to a yard sard.

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

So the mystic script says.

beato posted:

It obviously was ineffective I just took that screen capture this afternoon.
He sued the MEDIA to stop it, not Google, it's kind of difficult to sue Google over what their search engine does.

TinTower posted:

During his trial, it emerged that the password for his email was "ifuckkids".

I'm not even joking. :negative:
oh look it's aatrek's SA password neat :haw: ...god loving dammit :cripes:

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

This picture just turned me into a giggling wreck for a solid minute. I hope you're happy.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

CowboyKid posted:

This is intentional, It's outside a bar called the One-Eyed Penguin, or OEP. Downtown Dallas, decent bar although there is a long staircase to get into it and coming down can be much more difficult.
What about this one?

Other drivel.

No ring, OK shut up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Trips
May 23, 2013
The sudden reminder that I have no fucking clue what I'm talking about

Say Nothing posted:

What about this one?

One of the ice coolers at Columbus Crew (soccer) Stadium spells the word in lowercase letters. Someone removed the "foot" on the e. It now says ICP

• Locked thread