Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Balobam
Apr 28, 2012

haveblue posted:

I got tired of skyrim before that came out so welp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

dawnguard was fun and had some cool stuff, auriel's bow is loving awesome. dragonborn is definitely worth a playthrough

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Notorious QIG posted:

dawnguard was fun and had some cool stuff, auriel's bow is loving awesome. dragonborn is definitely worth a playthrough

i never got around to dragon born but dawnguard was cool, summoning the undead dragon was pretty :black101:

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

computer parts posted:

i never got around to dragon born but dawnguard was cool, summoning the undead dragon was pretty :black101:

yeah durnheviir was awesome, so was the skeleton horse

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 349 days!
If you want to replay skyrim, or play the DLC

Stop and play the witcher instead

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

dragonborn was a giant love letter to morrowind and was great

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

keyboard vomit posted:

dragonborn was a giant love letter to morrowind and was great

except the "gently caress you" that was red mountain in the distance

MindSet
Dec 21, 2008

If this goes badly, and I make a crater, I want it named after me!
and the redoran guards with the horrible cockney accents

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

MindSet posted:

and the redoran guards with the horrible cockney accents

morrowind dark elves with their gravelly piss off voices were the best

bring back the pissed off elves bethesda

MindSet
Dec 21, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVGa-vq3XY0

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

lol @ redoran, telvanni 4 lyfe

MindSet
Dec 21, 2008

Dragonborn was pretty much bethesda finalizing the conversion of elder scrolls from weird lore like 'bizarre mushroom-growing horse eater elfs who worship a male-female god' to Tolkien style elfs and orcs and dungeons oh my

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

hlaalu had some fun stuff where they want you to cripple a competitor's business, but you could take bribes not to

then you do it anyway and get a bigger reward from the first guy

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

MindSet posted:

Dragonborn was pretty much bethesda finalizing the conversion of elder scrolls from weird lore like 'bizarre mushroom-growing horse eater elfs who worship a male-female god' to Tolkien style elfs and orcs and dungeons oh my

honestly i have no real beef with tes being more tolkein-esque, ~the lore~ was always very clear that morrowind is the weirdest place in tamriel. id just like more entries into the fantasy sandbox genre so that we can get some more variety

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

hi valeyard. how is your 30 day probation going?

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
the expanded werewolf stuff in Dawnguard was loving great. I had a goddamn blast playing through the game just terrorizing towns and ripping throats out

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

elder scrolls games aren't my cup of tea

but the dark brotherhood quests and the thieves guild quests in oblivion were the best things ever

the ones in skyrim sucked

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

Vintersorg posted:

but the dark brotherhood quests and the thieves guild quests in oblivion were the best things ever

oblivion thieves guild was kind of boring until the end i thought, skyrim had the down on it's luck crime syndicate thing that was interesting

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Vintersorg posted:

skyrim dark brotherhood was neat because you got to kill the emperor and also you got a creepy horse

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

keyboard vomit posted:

oblivion thieves guild was kind of boring until the end i thought, skyrim had the down on it's luck crime syndicate thing that was interesting

the oblivion thieves guild was straight up "gently caress THA POLICE" though

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

Notorious QIG posted:

skyrim dark brotherhood was neat because you got to kill the emperor and also you got a creepy horse

the whole storyline with that jester guy kinda sucked though but it had its moments

i find it hard to put either game's thieves/db above the other one, they're both the high points of those games

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
best part of skyrim: doing the quest where you steal a horse for a guy, then having the delivery interrupted by a bear, the horse running away, and spending the next half hour trailing the guy as he runs across the map in panic getting constantly attacked by more bears

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

haveblue posted:

best part of skyrim: doing the quest where you steal a horse for a guy, then having the delivery interrupted by a bear, the horse running away, and spending the next half hour trailing the guy as he runs across the map in panic getting constantly attacked by more bears

Radiant Gameplay

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

morrowind thieves guild was the best because it was a straight up gang war

they even did the "lets be robin hood" thing but it was because they needed all the help they could get

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

murder horse was pretty sweet tho, agreed

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Notorious QIG posted:

Radiant Gameplay

it was great

the bear would beat him within an inch of his life, then when he goes down it loses interest and wanders off. then he recovers and gets back up and tries to run away, but the bear is still inside its aggro radius and it's faster than he is so it just turns right around and catches up to him and the cycle repeats

MindSet
Dec 21, 2008

Notorious QIG posted:

honestly i have no real beef with tes being more tolkein-esque, ~the lore~ was always very clear that morrowind is the weirdest place in tamriel. id just like more entries into the fantasy sandbox genre so that we can get some more variety

yeah but it established a bunch of weirdish stuff about the rest of the world that was corroborated by previous tes games that oblivion and skyrim just outright ignore. idk, I like it when fantasy trys to be different from the tolkeinesque norm

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

MindSet posted:

yeah but it established a bunch of weirdish stuff about the rest of the world that was corroborated by previous tes games that oblivion and skyrim just outright ignore. idk, I like it when fantasy trys to be different from the tolkeinesque norm

i do too but it's so ingrained at this point that you just kind of have to roll with it. i thought skyrim struck a nice balance between tolkein and weird stuff

MindSet
Dec 21, 2008

better than oblivion for sure, the aldmer thing was kind of neat and I wish they'd explored that more. I'm probably over for open world games for a good long time though. I always wanna explore eerything in those games and I just don't have time anymore.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

i'm really glad that george rape rape martin wrote his books so we can look forward to a decade of elves being replaced by boobs in fantasy

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Notorious QIG posted:

Radiant Gameplay

i like the mission where there's some dude in a shrine who wants you to take him to some faraway place. i've never not had him get murdered by a dragon or giants or both at once

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW
how do i make fonv look good

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Yodzilla posted:

i like the mission where there's some dude in a shrine who wants you to take him to some faraway place. i've never not had him get murdered by a dragon or giants or both at once

accept quest -> fast travel to destination -> wait 6 hours -> receive reward

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

ANIME MONSTROSITY posted:

how do i make fonv look good

by playing a different game

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

Notorious QIG posted:

by playing a different game

its literally the only fallout i havent played because it looks really bad :(

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

it's ugly as sin but is also one of the best games ever made. also i will unironically hold it up as the best example of queer representation in bideo james if such things interest you

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

it's equivalent to fo3 unless you really hate yellow filters

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

The ranger at the big loving statues outpost literally looks like someone wearing a fake nose and sunglasses.

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

Notorious QIG posted:

it's ugly as sin but is also one of the best games ever made. also i will unironically hold it up as the best example of queer representation in bideo james if such things interest you

well poo poo. putting this game on my steam wishlist tonite

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Jerry Cotton posted:

The ranger at the big loving statues outpost literally looks like someone wearing a fake nose and sunglasses.

yeah its not quite as bad as oblivion but still has a bad case of potato face. new vegas is not a game you play for the graphics

• Locked thread