Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

Suspicious Cook posted:

It's hard to consider it still fake with the amount of effort put into Bowser Jr. here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMdnEroxb30

But the question remains, why Bowser Jr. and not literally anyone else?

Well, I hadn't seen the video. :stare:

Either someone has waaaay too much time on their hands or it's real.

All I know is that if it's real I am going to main Duck Hunt dog and spam the taunt button until it wears out. :laugh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Due to popularity in MK8, all the Koopalings will fill the remaining roster spots on Smash Bros.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Astro7x posted:

Due to popularity in MK8, all the Koopalings will fill the remaining roster spots on Smash Bros.

Honestly, most annoying thing about MK8. "We've got a poo poo load of characters to unlock!" And most of them are the unforgettable koopalings from Super Mario World, followed by baby versions of regular characters and your own avatar. I love the game, but I have no desire to unlock the rest of the characters.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Fremry posted:

Honestly, most annoying thing about MK8. "We've got a poo poo load of characters to unlock!" And most of them are the unforgettable koopalings from Super Mario World, followed by baby versions of regular characters and your own avatar. I love the game, but I have no desire to unlock the rest of the characters.
Koopalings own son.

Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

Fremry posted:

There were some more pics released and it looks like the other Koopalings might be costumes/alt colors for Bowser Jr. - they ride around in the clown car in his place.

Edit:

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I honestly hope that's real because Duck Hunt dog would be a dope choice for the weird obscure character no one expected.

I have a friend that will be damned disappointed that there's no Ridley, despite the fact I've been telling him all year that there probably will be no Ridley and he shouldn't give his hopes up.

Edit: Who is the character to the left of Duck Hunt dog?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

axleblaze posted:

Edit: Who is the character to the left of Duck Hunt dog?

Greninja.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

Endorph posted:

Koopalings own son.

Fact. :colbert:

The babies and PGP are valid reasons for not liking the roster though.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Endorph posted:

Koopalings own son.

Yeah, I'm shedding zero tears over them bringing back the Koopalings in recent years. It was nice to have a broader family of antagonists and who doesn't love Lemmy?

Speaking of GameCube, since I got Pikmin 2 and Fire Emblem in the past couple of days I think I'm out of GameCube games I want. But I have no tears if Nintendo wants to do cheap and dirty ports of GameCube and Wii games; I think I've pointed out in the past that it would be a supercheap project for them and it would build up both the library and some goodwill to drop the stupidly expensive games in the shop like that.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

axleblaze posted:

I honestly hope that's real because Duck Hunt dog would be a dope choice for the weird obscure character no one expected.

I've waited twenty years to get even with that chuckling mongrel. It better not be a fake :toughguy:.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I've waited twenty years to get even with that chuckling mongrel. It better not be a fake :toughguy:.

He is totally the character I will play. In those games I tend to just like to annoy people rather than fight. In Bralw I just sort of picked Luigi and taunted over and over. When I played PS All Stars I just played Toro and napped as often as I could. So yeah, I will be that rear end in a top hat that keep running to corners of the maps with no fighting and laughing over and over.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

axleblaze posted:

I would have a much stronger emotional connection (and let's not lie, that's Nintendo's bread and butter) with the Duck Hunt dog than any of the Koopalings, especially since Nintendo has completely divorced itself from "King Koopa".

Random Stranger posted:

Yeah, I'm shedding zero tears over them bringing back the Koopalings in recent years. It was nice to have a broader family of antagonists and who doesn't love Lemmy?

Except Lemmy. I love Lemmy.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
If I was being honest, at least half the reason I bought MK8 was because I could play as Koopalings. Koopalings rule.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

You guys misspelled Morton, the best Koopaling

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Ludwig von Koopa is actually, factually the best koopaling.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

axleblaze posted:

Ludwig von Koopa is actually, factually the best koopaling.

This guy knows what's up. He was even great as Kooky von Koopa in the terrible cartoon.

Roy is a close second, though.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Fremry posted:

Koopalings are from best game ever Mario 3, actually :eng101: I would totally play Lemmy all the time if he's a character in Smash, except if Shulk is going to actually make it in.

Whether they read them or not, my Nintendo survey for why I buy Smash will need to just have "Shulk" as every answer.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.
Ludwig von Koopa was and still is my favorite Koopaling. :allears:

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Roy's my boy! :slick:

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

No one likes all the koopalings, but everyone likes at least one, so you gotta include them all.

Roy's the best of course.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

everyone posted:

Ludwig von Koopa

Alright, I will concede. I have to go back and start playing again to get Ludwig. He was my favorite from SMW because when you finished his castle, it was the best animation.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

D&D 3.5 Book of Erotic Fantasy
Are there people in here who seriously don't think Ludwig is the best koopa kid?

What is wrong with your brains?

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

axleblaze posted:

He is totally the character I will play. In those games I tend to just like to annoy people rather than fight. In Bralw I just sort of picked Luigi and taunted over and over. When I played PS All Stars I just played Toro and napped as often as I could. So yeah, I will be that rear end in a top hat that keep running to corners of the maps with no fighting and laughing over and over.

You remind me of my friend's kid. He's 8 and loves Smash. He doesn't actually want to fight, though. He just loads up the Legend of Zelda N64 level and says that the little random canopy there is a burger stand. He doesn't fight and there is no violence at all. Just Link or Mario with his burger stand trying to get Samus or Zelda to buy one.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Get in Line I got the Kill Screen to Duck Hunt twice and both times I had no idea what a kill screen was at the time. The dog has no other actions other than catching and laughing, he never congratulates you.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

kalonZombie posted:

Are there people in here who seriously don't think Ludwig is the best koopa kid?

What is wrong with your brains?

Roy Koopa is the best.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Morby posted:

You remind me of my friend's kid. He's 8 and loves Smash. He doesn't actually want to fight, though. He just loads up the Legend of Zelda N64 level and says that the little random canopy there is a burger stand. He doesn't fight and there is no violence at all. Just Link or Mario with his burger stand trying to get Samus or Zelda to buy one.

That is the loneliest thing I've ever heard.

Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

Those videos of the Smash Bros. leak were taken down from Youtube with a copyright claim from Nintendo. That all but confirms they're legit.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

They could have been removed to quash the spread of false information.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

For all five of you who are following my Mario playthrough...

Finally beat Mario Bros 3 properly! Well, if by properly you mean "with a walkthrough next to me for the last half of the game and using some of the 1up tricks other goons mentioned".

Still, I felt like a goddamn boss getting to the final world. And weirdly enough, the final world isn't all that tough. Looks way more imposing than it actually is. But world 7? With all the plants and mazes and goddamn tricky rear end levels? Yeah, that's what stymied my childhood.

And while I just worked a 15 hour shift (last day of the summer job) and don't feel like rambling out a review - I will say that it is easy to see why SMB3 is still so beloved. It's not the most balanced mario game out there, but it is absolutely exploding with new ideas and items and gimmicks and themes.

There's something awesome about them putting in so many items for the hell of it. I frankly much prefer super mario world's One Item storage box, but holding onto over 30 powerups in SMB3 feels gamebreaking in the very best sort of way.

And while I still wish more levels had more opportunities for mario to power up within the level itself, the level design really is impeccable. For most of the game, the developers do hand you the things you want - if you know where to look. So if you're playing as super mario and there's a secret pipe you have to fly to, there's a good chance somewhere in the level is the racoon leaf.

About to play Super Mario world for the first time in nearly a decade - but this is one game I've already beaten. Never did find all the exits or beat all the star road levels though.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
I have save data for Xenoblade and SSBB on my Wii. I'd like to move only the data for Xenoblade to my Wii U and leave the SSBB on my Wii so I can continue using my GameCube controllers to play it. What's the easiest way to pull this off?

I posted about this in the old thread and then never followed through, and now I can't find it. I'm sorry for being an rear end in a top hat and asking again.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Wildtortilla posted:

I have save data for Xenoblade and SSBB on my Wii. I'd like to move only the data for Xenoblade to my Wii U and leave the SSBB on my Wii so I can continue using my GameCube controllers to play it. What's the easiest way to pull this off?

I posted about this in the old thread and then never followed through, and now I can't find it. I'm sorry for being an rear end in a top hat and asking again.

Homebrew your Wii, so that you can back up its entire memory onto an SD card. Do the transfer process, then use your homebrew to restore. Never reconnect your Wii to the Wii shop or it will erase any shop games you have.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Does Xenoblade restrict you from copying save data to an SD card? If not, then it's a simple matter of copying it onto one and popping the card into your Wii U.

Chaltab
Feb 16, 2011

So shocked someone got me an avatar!

Wildtortilla posted:

Copy your SSBB data to a different SD card than the one you're using for the transfer. E; or if you're not doing a full system transfer just do what Supercar said.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Narcissus1916 posted:

For all five of you who are following my Mario playthrough...

Finally beat Mario Bros 3 properly! Well, if by properly you mean "with a walkthrough next to me for the last half of the game and using some of the 1up tricks other goons mentioned".

Still, I felt like a goddamn boss getting to the final world. And weirdly enough, the final world isn't all that tough. Looks way more imposing than it actually is. But world 7? With all the plants and mazes and goddamn tricky rear end levels? Yeah, that's what stymied my childhood.

And while I just worked a 15 hour shift (last day of the summer job) and don't feel like rambling out a review - I will say that it is easy to see why SMB3 is still so beloved. It's not the most balanced mario game out there, but it is absolutely exploding with new ideas and items and gimmicks and themes.

There's something awesome about them putting in so many items for the hell of it. I frankly much prefer super mario world's One Item storage box, but holding onto over 30 powerups in SMB3 feels gamebreaking in the very best sort of way.

And while I still wish more levels had more opportunities for mario to power up within the level itself, the level design really is impeccable. For most of the game, the developers do hand you the things you want - if you know where to look. So if you're playing as super mario and there's a secret pipe you have to fly to, there's a good chance somewhere in the level is the racoon leaf.

About to play Super Mario world for the first time in nearly a decade - but this is one game I've already beaten. Never did find all the exits or beat all the star road levels though.

I'm happy for you. :)

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

Chaltab posted:

Copy your SSBB data to a different SD card than the one you're using for the transfer. E; or if you're not doing a full system transfer just do what Supercar said.

Oh sweet. I thought I had to do a transfer with the home brew thing. But I don't have any eShop games to transfer, just wanted to keep SSBB on my Wii. I'll see what I can do with just copying stuff to an SD card tonight. :D

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

You can't copy Brawl to an SD card without homebrewing your Wii because of stuff with online profiles. I don't think Brawl'd get transferred in Wii-Wii U but I could be wrong.

Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

ChaosArgate posted:

You can't copy Brawl to an SD card without homebrewing your Wii because of stuff with online profiles. I don't think Brawl'd get transferred in Wii-Wii U but I could be wrong.

The Wii U transfer is the only official to actually transfer locked saves. It worked fine when I moved all my stuff off my Wii.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
All this Wii transfer talk is making me wonder what the benefit would be for me to transfer my Wii data to my Wii U. My Wii has a decent amount of legit VC purchases but I've since soft nodded it to hell. Would doing the transfer wreck my poo poo? Or is there some kind of backup wizardry I can do to safely get my VC licenses over to the Wii U?

Chaltab
Feb 16, 2011

So shocked someone got me an avatar!

Stan Taylor posted:

All this Wii transfer talk is making me wonder what the benefit would be for me to transfer my Wii data to my Wii U. My Wii has a decent amount of legit VC purchases but I've since soft nodded it to hell. Would doing the transfer wreck my poo poo? Or is there some kind of backup wizardry I can do to safely get my VC licenses over to the Wii U?
The transfer doesn't mess with homebrew at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Chaltab posted:

The transfer doesn't mess with homebrew at all.

:krad:

• Locked thread