Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Twelve Batmans
Dec 24, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Wow I never knew the whole ordeal with Abe and stuff (at least hadn't seen this picture). Was some guy trying to threaten this kid with a knife?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k
What happened with abe?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Contra Calculus posted:

What happened with abe?

he made a dumb tweet so people posted his IRL info on 4chan's /pol/ and are still butthurt about him

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Spanish Manlove posted:

nowadays they're called Soldiers

both tribes are supported though

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.

I was wondering where I had heard the name "crushingbort" and then I remembered he got a serious interview on Talking Points Memo after him and some other dude pointed out the editor of Buzzfeed had done a lot of plagiarism. Apparently this and doxxing children are the same skillset.

The Internet is weird.

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?

Contra Calculus posted:

What happened with abe?

He did something dumb and wouldn't apologize for it, instead saying people who were arguing about it were big dumb idiots.

Basically he Zoe Quinn'd.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

Junkfist posted:

He did something dumb and wouldn't apologize for it, instead saying people who were arguing about it were big dumb idiots.

Does that make us his patrons?

Bitter Beard
Sep 11, 2001

I don't even know what the fuck I'm doing!!

Junkfist posted:

I hope this becomes a thing, when somebody shits themselves publicly and refuses to back down even though they are clearly in the wrong on an issue; it becomes the Zoe Quinn Move.

Like the Streisand Effect.

That way no matter what else she does this will be the thing everybody remembers the most while social media remains relevant.

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
doxxing is fine... just don't doxx me, haha - a somethingawful moderator frantically shutting down his 6 fetlife accounts

Cycloneman
Feb 1, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT
SISTER FUCKING

madeupfred posted:

Patricia Hernandez wrote an article about something I did one time. She stole a bunch of pictures of me from Facebook and my local newspaper, still with watermarks on them. A month later she did a follow up where she stole a bunch of my answers from a Reddit AMA. She's complete poo poo.

Lobster Harmonica posted:

A clickbait site stole some photos I did for a local newspaper one time and when I contacted them asking for them to be taken down they just edited the post with "Thanks to [my name]" at the end
Isn't that illegal?

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

big duck equals goose posted:

Oh hey this is pretty funny too

This has got to be one of the most insane things I have read on twitter. This guy should be given a first class ticket to Iraq to say hello to the group he has all this respect for.

big duck equals goose posted:

Now that I think about it, it must be sad to call yer' self a game dev when 90% of newgrounds games took more time and effort then your legendary soul searching game, Depression Quest.

poo poo, old Atari games offer more fun and interesting themes. That's really sad.

I can assure you old Atari games took a ton of effort and skills to develop. Pretty sure they were made in assembly.

Anyone here could re-make Depression Quest within 10 minutes or less using Twine. It's basically just a web interface where you drag/drop text panels on a grid and draw connections between them (CYOA style).

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry
What stupid thing did Abe do?

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

Cyberbulling is real

AntifaSupersoldier
Jul 30, 2003

Reality is what you can get away with
Hell Gem
The Demon Rush took more effort to make than depression quest

FAROOQ
Aug 20, 2014

by Smythe
Brony, anyone?

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?

Lowen SoDium posted:

What stupid thing did Abe do?

Joined in threatening and doxxing a 12 year old boy because said boy agreed with George Carlin on the topic of rape. The kid acted like an adult and owned them all and then Abe actually tried to defend his position in the mod feedback thread like a giant baby.

Meanwhile here's someone actually writing a story about all this garbage: http://www.brightsideofnews.com/2014/08/25/gamers-revolt-another-take-on-the-zoe-quinn-scandal/

Twelve Batmans
Dec 24, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

The_Cack posted:

The Demon Rush took more effort to make than depression quest

My shits have more effort put into them depression quest.

I'm regular as gently caress too. Gracias metamucil ghost.

Rad Tad
Jul 2, 2014

do we have a follow up on that guy that offered to buy her drinks and lunch? this is important for me and my heartsoul

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT

FAROOQ posted:

Brony, anyone?

What a couple of well-adjusted folks

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?

Rad Tad posted:

do we have a follow up on that guy that offered to buy her drinks and lunch? this is important for me and my heartsoul

We have an inside man who recorded what happened later that night after they left the bar: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcaGGCf5TPE

Rad Tad
Jul 2, 2014

um excuse me these aren't my glasses these are my optics

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens
Kill all gamers

Solstice
Mar 12, 2002

Non-violent for the entire family!

I imagine anyone who cares about any part of this soap opera for nerds is pmuch this guy.

Hayburner
Jan 29, 2005

hi
its cool to feel bad for yourself

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
and profitable too!

Hayburner
Jan 29, 2005

hi
i'm a victim.

I'M A VICTIM.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Junkfist posted:

Joined in threatening and doxxing a 12 year old boy because said boy agreed with George Carlin on the topic of rape. The kid acted like an adult and owned them all and then Abe actually tried to defend his position in the mod feedback thread like a giant baby.

Maybe don't talk SJW poo poo about dead funny comedians from 50 years ago is the lesson learned.

Junkfist posted:

and profitable too!
Evidently, as long as you gently caress & cuck Phil Fish.

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
its like a look into the world of ugly nerds and i'm very glad of it. There was some guy who did a bunch of studies on mouse overpopulation and the mice separated into mutated uggos and "beautiful ones" & I think that's what has been happening here

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

gently caress the ROW posted:

its like a look into the world of ugly nerds and i'm very glad of it. There was some guy who did a bunch of studies on mouse overpopulation and the mice separated into mutated uggos and "beautiful ones" & I think that's what has been happening here

We're the uggos, right? Just so we are on the same frequency here

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot

cthulhoo posted:

We're the uggos, right? Just so we are on the same frequency here

I don't know what everybody else is but I'm definitely a beautiful one

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

no you're thinking of Britain versus the rest of Europe, or West Virginia versus Normal Virginia

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
We're the some guy.

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
If you're a beautiful high class individual with prospects you had never heard of zoe quinn before this thread, that's my proof

Rad Tad
Jul 2, 2014

I'm the incest that's probably going on in that breeding sitch

jalopybrown
Oct 11, 2012

didn't the beautiful ones eventually just cut themselves off from each other and spend all their time grooming, parents murdering their children and all that jazz, p.much like a rodent version of our modern society, youve really made me think

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

i'm the ISIS that anti-quinn people are worse than

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot

jalopybrown posted:

didn't the beautiful ones eventually just cut themselves off from each other and spend all their time grooming, parents murdering their children and all that jazz, p.much like a rodent version of our modern society, youve really made me think

You either become the isolated beuty mouse, or you live to join a feral cuck gang, if that's the expression I'm looking for

Biggie Shorty
Oct 8, 2008

Junkfist posted:

Goddamn that's peak old-gbs right there I tell you what

jalopybrown
Oct 11, 2012
i still don't fully buy that abe retired and isn't updating grudges.xls with all those who now mock him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

horriblePencilist posted:

I can't believe how mature this kid is. I wish I was collected at his age.

I also can't believe boxxy weighs in on the issue and opposes the SJW
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJP82JbYB-I

What the Christ?

• Locked thread