Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

TVarmy posted:

Calculords runs great on my Moto X with the Republic Wireless firmware. And it's a lot of fun. Sorry to hear other people are having glitches.

I want to try it but I have a GS3 and ...

Calculords on play store posted:

!!! WARNING !!!
Customers with the following devices are having major issues with this app:
- Samsung Galaxy S3 and Note 3
- Droid RAZR
- HTC Droid DNA
- OnePlus One
We are working to resolve the issues and will post patches as soon as possible!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."

Trastion posted:

I want to try it but I have a GS3 and ...

:smith: I have a Galaxy S3...

batteries!
Aug 26, 2010

ThermoPhysical posted:

Only problem I have with YGOPro is that I have to force close it after playing or it'll stay open and chew on the battery no matter what other apps I open.

Other than that, it's decent...has it ever been updated? I mean, if I have to uninstall it to just play Guardians or Hitman GO, I'll do that.

Also, is Leo's Fortune any good?

Ygopro updates every time new cards came out, it is very well maintained for a fan project. The only thing lacking is an actual lobby if you want to play online with someone else, I end up timing the queue with a friend.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Hitman GO is loving addictive but when do the IAPs come in? I assume I get to buy more cheats or something and I'd love to use some of my Google Opinions money to do this. I can't figure out how to buy anything...

DoubleWelp posted:

Ygopro updates every time new cards came out, it is very well maintained for a fan project. The only thing lacking is an actual lobby if you want to play online with someone else, I end up timing the queue with a friend.

This is good to hear. I've been roaming their forums and it's a lot of complaints about bugs but no one actually responding to them so it wasn't really a good sign. I'll keep it on and just remember to swipe it out of memory since it doesn't seem to close correctly.

batteries!
Aug 26, 2010
I've played about 30-50 online games with a friend over the course of a few months. I've had maybe one game locking into a non-responsive state, ymmv.

Greedish
Nov 5, 2009

what does this say
i don't even know
help
I really love Kairosoft games. Some really hook me more than others though. I tend to like games where you have a team and make a product or compete, like:

* Game Dev Story
* Magazine Mogul
* Grand Prix Story
* Pocket League Story

However, I have trouble getting hooked with games where you build things and they are highly layout dependent, it makes it really hard for me to care about what I'm doing since I never feel I'm doing well unless I use a guide, like:

* The Pyraplex
* Venture Towns
* x Village
etc.

I did like a couple of games that are sort of "in between" the two categories though, like

* The Sushi Spinnery
* Kairobotica

With all that in mind, does anyone know of non-Kairosoft games that fit that style? I played through Fiz and really liked it, but I'd love to find something new to scratch that "upgrade things, make numbers go up and become the best in the business" itch.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

My Steam popped up with a notification that one of my wishlisted items, the Season One pack of Pinball Arcade, is half off this week. I don't actually own Pinball Arcade, and only really wanted that pack in case it went on extreme discount during a Steam Sale. Even discounted, $15 was still too much for my blood for a pack of tables when the only one I really wanted was Star Trek: The Next Generation.

On a whim, I checked Google Play for pinball games. Turns out 1.) Pinball Arcade is available, with 1 free table, and 2.) they break their table selections down in to much smaller, easier-to-digest chunks, so I can grab my TNG table a la carte for 5 bucks. I don't think that's awful, and after playing a bit with the free table included with the Pinball Arcade app, I think it runs really drat well.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

ThermoPhysical posted:

Hitman GO is loving addictive but when do the IAPs come in? I assume I get to buy more cheats or something and I'd love to use some of my Google Opinions money to do this. I can't figure out how to buy anything...
I don't have my tablet in front of me at the moment to check but once you use up the first five hints (in the right hand bottom corner) you can buy five more or a level solution and you can pay to unlock mission packs early.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

Ruttiger posted:

I've been enjoying Ascension. Mtg2015 is a frustrating experience on pc I can only imagine it being balls on phone.

I think people are making GBS threads on M2015 a bit much. The IAP cards aren't that amazing, and usually meant to compliment specific decks. Its fairly simple to grind even for the mythic rares.

Other than the ridiculous load times I really don't have many complaints

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Greedish posted:

With all that in mind, does anyone know of non-Kairosoft games that fit that style?
I share your exact taste in Kairosoft games. Pocket League has a sequel though I didn't like it as much for some reasons that I don't really remember.

Klades
Sep 8, 2011

Drone posted:

My Steam popped up with a notification that one of my wishlisted items, the Season One pack of Pinball Arcade, is half off this week. I don't actually own Pinball Arcade, and only really wanted that pack in case it went on extreme discount during a Steam Sale. Even discounted, $15 was still too much for my blood for a pack of tables when the only one I really wanted was Star Trek: The Next Generation.

On a whim, I checked Google Play for pinball games. Turns out 1.) Pinball Arcade is available, with 1 free table, and 2.) they break their table selections down in to much smaller, easier-to-digest chunks, so I can grab my TNG table a la carte for 5 bucks. I don't think that's awful, and after playing a bit with the free table included with the Pinball Arcade app, I think it runs really drat well.

Unless you're playing with a controller, you should know that Pinball Arcade just generally works better on something with hardware buttons. It's probably not as big of a deal if you've never played another version of it, but the capacitive touch screen's input lag is a real downer for pinball.

The proper thing to do, of course, is to make a pinball controller with some arcade buttons and a shoebox and play the PC version with a portrait orientation monitor.

(Ok, the proper thing to do is build a pinball cabinet out of a really wide format monitor but the pinbox is second best.)

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.
Guys. GUYS!. OMG. The official San Juan implementation is now up on Google Play. For those of you that know what I'm talking about you probably know that a clone called Condado already exists. However this one looks really nice. People are bitching about multiplayer not working but it looks like its because a lot of people aren't on it yet. I am seriously having a 14 year old girl at her first boy band concert moment here. 6.99 though but I'm pulling the trigger on this one.

San Juan Google Play link

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

vulturesrow posted:

Guys. GUYS!. OMG. The official San Juan implementation is now up on Google Play. For those of you that know what I'm talking about you probably know that a clone called Condado already exists. However this one looks really nice. People are bitching about multiplayer not working but it looks like its because a lot of people aren't on it yet. I am seriously having a 14 year old girl at her first boy band concert moment here. 6.99 though but I'm pulling the trigger on this one.

San Juan Google Play link

I require you to report in on your progress. $6.99 is a little above the threshold I am willing to pay before I know a game is functional.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

I checked out San Juan on the play store and looking at the screenshots I have no idea where or what the gameplay is. Its some kind of tcg I guess?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Rasmussen posted:

I checked out San Juan on the play store and looking at the screenshots I have no idea where or what the gameplay is. Its some kind of tcg I guess?

No. It's more like Ascension or Dominion as a board-game-style card game.

Here's a video that explains it all: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoAjLWJIpWE

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
The game appears functional if that's what you're after before buying. The AI is pretty beatable on the lower difficulties, but didn't make any obvious bone-headed mistakes that I saw.

The gameplay is literally the fairly respected board game, so you know the rules themselves stand up to scrutiny. I haven't tried multiplayer yet.

Ruttiger
Nov 3, 2004

The music itself is changing.

Thundercracker posted:

I think people are making GBS threads on M2015 a bit much. The IAP cards aren't that amazing, and usually meant to compliment specific decks. Its fairly simple to grind even for the mythic rares.

Other than the ridiculous load times I really don't have many complaints

The IAP is not my complaint. My complaint is that I've played all the others and this one is a complete lazy remake of the EXACT same formula, with most of the same cards as last year's edition, less interesting deck concepts (IMO), and in fact some things that are blatantly worse (the menu system, the lack of some of the extra game modes from 2014).

Someone mentioned those ancient PC magic games where you were a little wizard dude who wandered around on a map and played against crazy gimmick monsters and there was an attempt at a story beyond 2 still games in between lovely menu simulator 2015. DOTP 2015 is soulless. My fault for still buying them I guess, but I don't think I'd do it again.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
As someone who played magic as a kid almost 20 years ago (and that old PC game too) and who then sold everything and stayed magic-free until now; I have to say that I'm having fun with MTG 2015 on my tablet.

The IAP don't bother me because I never expected MTG to be a free game. And the touch interface isn't too bad once you learn to select the mana used yourself. I only have issues with the game using a lot of power and maybe things being a bit small on my N7 screen.

But still I find myself playing again and again in multi (no cross-platform multi is a shame though) and enjoying it; probably because now my deck has been tested enough that I can win most of the time, and because I did not purchase the MTG products each year for the past ten years.

1337kutkufan6969
Feb 13, 2010

Oh, Yian Kut Ku!
Where have you been all my life?
Let me break your head.

Grimey Drawer

Ruttiger posted:

The IAP is not my complaint. My complaint is that I've played all the others and this one is a complete lazy remake of the EXACT same formula, with most of the same cards as last year's edition, less interesting deck concepts (IMO), and in fact some things that are blatantly worse (the menu system, the lack of some of the extra game modes from 2014).

Someone mentioned those ancient PC magic games where you were a little wizard dude who wandered around on a map and played against crazy gimmick monsters and there was an attempt at a story beyond 2 still games in between lovely menu simulator 2015. DOTP 2015 is soulless. My fault for still buying them I guess, but I don't think I'd do it again.

That old PC game was badass. I think modern still gently caress with it

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

The Jorts of Zeus posted:

I used the art files in that game CD to print a black lotus and a mox for my deck. Needless to say I was usually called a cheater after the initial shock.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Re: WWE Supercard

For a game with all the depth of a puddle, this is surprisingly fun for a free game.

2K support shocked me by actually patching in a fix for the issue that prevented me from playing King of the Ring, which was cool.

King of the Ring is really loving weird. The fact that you are locked in for a minimum of 45 hours, to a maximum of 55, is a bit nuts, especially as you kind of need to be around occasionally for the first 45 to swap dudes and, if you want to win, probably need to make at least 1 adjustment every few hours for the knockout bracket.

I was confused in my first run and ran by B-list/C-list team because I thought it would prevent me from using my good dudes in Exhibition. I still managed to clean house:

The individual matches have little feedback, but the backgrounds get more and more lively as you advance and they've really captured that wrestling feel when you win:

I managed to get the best possible prize, which is pretty cool:

The game seems to have taken off like gangbusters, and the devs have hinted at adding more content already.

2K press release posted:

2K's free mobile trading card game WWE SuperCard has been downloaded over 1.5 million times, the publisher revealed today.

The publisher noted that over 82 million victories were recorded in exhibition mode, and that over 575,000 King of the Ring tournaments were kicked off since the game launched. Players logged in to the game for over 18 million unique play sessions, which averaged about 14 minutes each time. The free-to-play game allows players to purchase in-game currency that unlocks card packs, which range in price from $1.99 to $25, to acquire the game's 400-plus unique cards. 2K said it intends to update the game's roster and introduce new cards in the future.

I think the best bit is that a lot, and judging from the forums posts, an awful lot of people just walked into this game and plunked down $25-$200 sight unseen as soon as they downloaded it to jump up to the higher rarity tiers immediately and are SUPER INTERNET MAD that they get their asses immediately handed to them 90% of the time by people who have leveled up dudes and stuff. It's delightful.

TL;DR: This game is a free, fun timewaster with no reason to spend $$$ on IAP and no Time/Energy/Stamina mechanic so you can just loving play when you want to, which is nice.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Help I can't stop playing Calculords despite still taking a long time to make turns. Anyone have any cool decks they wanna share? Right now I'm just using a vehicle+soldier deck with a lot of generic cards and leaving out most mutates, but I wanna start messing around with more gimmicky/specialized stuff and start learning about how to use the number cards too.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Clone Army: every troop card has to throw out multiple troops.

I actually simplified my army to use as many cards that only need two cards multiplied together between 1-9 as possible. I can get out two to three cards every phase.

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Aug 26, 2014

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Toshimo posted:

I think the best bit is that a lot, and judging from the forums posts, an awful lot of people just walked into this game and plunked down $25-$200 sight unseen as soon as they downloaded it to jump up to the higher rarity tiers immediately and are SUPER INTERNET MAD that they get their asses immediately handed to them 90% of the time by people who have leveled up dudes and stuff. It's delightful.

This right here is why I'm gonna download it.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Wwe is a great waster. And I agree has as much depth as a dog dish. Which makes it great no need to sperg out a ton on it.

tater_salad fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Aug 26, 2014

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

Toshimo posted:

I managed to get the best possible prize, which is pretty cool:

It would be impossible to hate you more than I do right now because I still have a goddamn pro uncommon after 1500 wins.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Telex posted:

It would be impossible to hate you more than I do right now because I still have a goddamn pro uncommon after 1500 wins.

I replaced my Pro Uncommon Summer Rae with it. It's p rad.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Well I feel less bad about being stuck with a Pro AJ after 800 wins. Also haven't gotten a Super Rare up to Pro yet, currently battling with this team:

What tier were you in when you won this?

I'm leading my KOTR tourney at like 39-4 in the SR difficulty with minimal maintenance, I just hope that I'm awake for when the playoff rounds start.

This is the team I'm working with in Exhibition. Shawn Michaels isn't maxed out yet, but everyone else is.

Not sure if this was mentioned, but if you're going to combine cards, level them up to max FIRST then combine them, and you can level the Pro version up even further. That's why my Rare Pros are way higher than the SR non-Pro.

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

Lone Goat posted:

Not sure if this was mentioned, but if you're going to combine cards, level them up to max FIRST then combine them, and you can level the Pro version up even further. That's why my Rare Pros are way higher than the SR non-Pro.

Yeah if you do it right, the Pro tier is two levels above from what it starts.

Rare -> Super Rare -> Rare Pro -> Ultra Rare -> Super Rare Pro, etc.

I'm at 1400 wins and I'm just now getting to the Ultra Rare drop tier because I've waited until I could combine perfect Super Rare cards. I do hope that by the time I have them maxed the game will decide to give me a new Diva and some Ultra Rares.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Telex posted:

Yeah if you do it right, the Pro tier is two levels above from what it starts.

Rare -> Super Rare -> Rare Pro -> Ultra Rare -> Super Rare Pro, etc.

I'm at 1400 wins and I'm just now getting to the Ultra Rare drop tier because I've waited until I could combine perfect Super Rare cards. I do hope that by the time I have them maxed the game will decide to give me a new Diva and some Ultra Rares.

You might as well try to break through into UR as soon as possible, you still have a chance at the good drops, but will be able to fight people in SR++ if you're near the bottom of xp [or whatever] bar. Just avoid the purple belts as long as you can, if you really care about maintaining your W/L ratio.

Though I don't really care about W/L since you still get a card for losing, and it's faster to lose a match than to fish for a worse opponent.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Lone Goat posted:

What tier were you in when you won this?

Low end of SR.

psylent
Nov 29, 2000

Pillbug
I'm after some simple games for 85 year old Nanna. She's a long time Bejeweled addict, so I put that on for her. Tempted to throw Candy Crush on as well.

Nothing too action oriented, slower pace and easy to play. Suggestions?

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

psylent posted:

I'm after some simple games for 85 year old Nanna. She's a long time Bejeweled addict, so I put that on for her. Tempted to throw Candy Crush on as well.

Nothing too action oriented, slower pace and easy to play. Suggestions?

I'd say Puzzle Craft. Nice use of match 3 type mechanics and has a charming look and theme.

psylent
Nov 29, 2000

Pillbug

vulturesrow posted:

I'd say Puzzle Craft. Nice use of match 3 type mechanics and has a charming look and theme.
Great suggestion, I forgot how addicted to that I was :)

Nanna loves a good match 3.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

psylent posted:

Great suggestion, I forgot how addicted to that I was :)

Nanna loves a good match 3.

There is a decent Dr Who match three game, if she likes that as well.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
There's always Triple Town, though you'll probably need the unlimited turns IAP.

tudabee
Jan 1, 2007

How many times must I remind you to WASH YOUR HANDS?

King of Dragon Pass has updated! They seemed to have fixed the short game bug (or at least it properly shows I selected long game on the settings screen now, haven't played long enough to know for sure) and the opening text options seem less scrunched on my phone, too.

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014
Calculords is good fun but I only got two days out of it as every enemy is easily overcome by just emptying your hand in the same lane a few times, the deck itself being irrelevant :(

Schizoguy
Mar 1, 2002

I have so many things on my social calendar these days, it is difficult to know which you are making reference to, in particular.

The Jorts of Zeus posted:

Microprose's Shandalar? They have it for free at House of the Underdogs. Good luck getting to run on a modern system, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

What's the best strategy for doing king of the ring in the wrasslin' card game? should I be leveling my b team and A team to the max first
What kind of stats should I look for with KOTR,or is it similar where it should be all?

I really wish you could create other decks easily.. obviously My A team should be relegated to exhibition, or should I create a b-team and start smacking newbs

The exhibition matches are really getting boring, I"d like to make folks who spent real money cry by winning KOTR.

I'm still in the Rare bracket (Top end of rare)

Is there enough interest to start a thread?
:effort:

• Locked thread