Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paul Revere 3000
Dec 8, 2007

So like a pimp I'm pimpin'
I got a boat to eat shrimp in
Nothing wrong with my leg
I'm just B-boy limpin'

I don't know what is causing everything to stack together in the shack, but I can tell you that Randall is supposed to disappear after the Regulator bounty. There should be a note on the back wall if you can see it.

Since I'm here, I'm having a problem with vilified factions not being hostile to me at all. I literally wiped out the NCR in Primm and the Mojave Outpost, got vilified with them, and they still won't attack me. I disabled all of my mods, even reinstalled the game, but nothing works. Has this ever happened to anyone else?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

(he's got a good thing going)
This was my first playthrough with Lombard Station. Two things:

1: I will now have a hard time ever playing without this or something with equivalent functionality.
2: sixteen hours in it's started crashing the game every time I try to enter it :smith:

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

Lombard Station is the best and worst thing to ever happen to me. New characters never have any ammo and are always overburdened because I gotta fill those shelves.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
How does Lombard Station compare to Underground Hideout?

And was the remake of it ever completed by whoever was posting here?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Cheston posted:

2: sixteen hours in it's started crashing the game every time I try to enter it :smith:

I haven't played in forever, but this would happen to me as well after too many items were put on display (guns on wall, kitchen stuff, etc.). My way around it was to hide everything but a few vanity items in regular compartments, because even without the fancy sorting it's a very convenient hub. ('Course, you might be experiencing a different issue.)

Canuck-Errant
Oct 28, 2003

MOOD: BURNING - MUSIC: DISCO INFERNO BY THE TRAMMPS
Grimey Drawer

Davoren posted:

Lombard Station is the best and worst thing to ever happen to me. New characters never have any ammo and are always overburdened because I gotta fill those shelves.

I find myself scouring the wastes for weapons to put on the walls.

"Dammit, I want to pick up this minigun, but I'm overloaded! I guess I'll just have to drop this weapon I use all the time, since it's a mod weapon..."

BigDes
Dec 27, 2012

Agents are GO! posted:

There's a guide for how to fix this right on the TTW page. Basically, one of the TTW BSAs wasnt generated correctly. to figure out which one, Load up new vegas with only the New Vegas + DLC ESMs and Fallout 3.esm checked, if the menu shows up, relaunch it with the next ESM in the list checked. Repeat.

When you get to the stage where the menu doesn't show, rerun the TTW installer, saying "no" to rebuilding the BSAs until you get to the one that didnt generate correctly. Rebuild that one.

I had to rebuild the Anchorage BSAs, but now it works just fine.

Gave this a try and while it didn't fix it I at least now know that it is the Fallout3.esm itself causing the issue. Oh well I'll wait for an update to TTW I guess.

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
Fallout 4 when

tonberrykng
May 1, 2009

Cheston posted:

1: I will now have a hard time ever playing without this or something with equivalent functionality.

#2 is happening to me as well, except it's more like 30 hours in, and I don't have any saves available before the mod started crashing.

Is there any solution that doesn't involve starting a new game?

Servoret
Nov 8, 2009

Are there any other base mods that have a weapon wall? It's the only part of Lombard Station that I like.

lost my retainer
Oct 28, 2002

Blow me

achillesforever6 posted:

So I am playing New Vegas Bounties I and everything in Randall's shack has stacked together and now Steven has disappeared. (This started after I killed the Freddy Kruger bounty and I just finished the Regulator bounty) Anything I can do to fix this?

I had the same problem with everything in Randall's shack stacking into a broken singularity. It's a weird bug with Nevada Skies, disable it while you run trough NVB (there's a similar issue with the sequel).

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

JaredBS posted:

I had the same problem with everything in Randall's shack stacking into a broken singularity. It's a weird bug with Nevada Skies, disable it while you run trough NVB (there's a similar issue with the sequel).
I did that and it still did the same thing :smith:

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Servoret posted:

Are there any other base mods that have a weapon wall? It's the only part of Lombard Station that I like.

I tell you, if Portable Tent had weapon walls and ammo displays, it'd be the best house mod.

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

Servoret posted:

Underground Hideout is the only other one I know of that sticks out. UH is much larger and has display spots for everything, food, meds, weapons, you name it. It's pretty cool, but I prefer Lombard's more efficient size, and I prefer the quest-related adornments in Lombard to those in UH.

Although Underground Hideout does have the very cool function of you being able to move the access hatch to wherever you want.

Out of curiosity what are the parts of Lombard that you don't like? It's not much more than a couple of rooms, some crafting stations and a weapon wall.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

Crimson Harvest posted:

Lombard Station is simple and straight forward, with a simple mini-quest to fit your roleplaying needs. It has none of the extraneous feature creep sidequest bullshit of Underground Hideout, including little digs at underground hideout. Lombard Station 4 lyfe.

Paul Revere 3000
Dec 8, 2007

So like a pimp I'm pimpin'
I got a boat to eat shrimp in
Nothing wrong with my leg
I'm just B-boy limpin'

tonberrykng posted:

#2 is happening to me as well, except it's more like 30 hours in, and I don't have any saves available before the mod started crashing.

Is there any solution that doesn't involve starting a new game?

It happened to me two games in a row and, as far as I know, there isn't a solution other than loading an old save.

Seriously, just don't use Lombard Station. It's not worth it.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Paul Revere 3000 posted:

HERESY

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Paul Revere 3000 posted:

It happened to me two games in a row and, as far as I know, there isn't a solution other than loading an old save.

I'm confused. What's causing the problem? Has anyone cracked open the GECK and looked at what it's doing?

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
It's never happened to me in numerous play throughs. Use it.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Paul Revere 3000 posted:

:frogout:

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

BigDes posted:

Gave this a try and while it didn't fix it I at least now know that it is the Fallout3.esm itself causing the issue. Oh well I'll wait for an update to TTW I guess.

It's not the ESM, it's the BSA file associated with the BSA. It could be created corrupt twice in a row. If you're on Windows 7/8, try swapping out the 32 bit BSAOpt for the 64 bit one (by deleting the 64bit one and renaming the 32bit one to the 64bit name.)

tonberrykng
May 1, 2009
I prefer the simplicity of Lombard Station too, but several people now are encountering a potentially game-breaking bug. It's not just an isolated incident.

Would someone with more modding knowledge take a look at it?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Or another mod is interacting poorly with LS so it crashes and you assume LS is to blame when it may just be the only reliable place for a problem to present.

with NV modding, anything is possible.

personally, LS works just fine and I hope King of Swag reappears from the mists with a link to New Super Badass Lombard v1.0 sometime soon.

delta534
Sep 2, 2011
The hard drive on my laptop capable of playing new vegas died so I cannot check but I'm fairly sure it's related to all the displayable objects. I want to say it's also related to having high res texture replacers but I cannot be sure.

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

tonberrykng posted:

I prefer the simplicity of Lombard Station too, but several people now are encountering a potentially game-breaking bug. It's not just an isolated incident.

Would someone with more modding knowledge take a look at it?

Yeah, but we already know someone is working on updating and improving Lombard, so I guess we're just waiting to see how that turns out rather than jumping on it ourselves.

Servoret
Nov 8, 2009

Davoren posted:

Underground Hideout is the only other one I know of that sticks out. UH is much larger and has display spots for everything, food, meds, weapons, you name it. It's pretty cool, but I prefer Lombard's more efficient size, and I prefer the quest-related adornments in Lombard to those in UH.

Although Underground Hideout does have the very cool function of you being able to move the access hatch to wherever you want.

Out of curiosity what are the parts of Lombard that you don't like? It's not much more than a couple of rooms, some crafting stations and a weapon wall.

The look and layout of the actual rooms (I really don't like the front room for whatever reason), being located by Goodsprings (only convenient for the first part of the game), the fact that it uses the weird organizer UI items it has instead of the Sortomatic system. If Underground Hideout lets you move the hatch to a less crappy and out of the way place than the abandoned shacks by the Khans, then I might have to try it out. As it is, I love Portable Tent but wish I had something like the weapon wall to give my OCD weapon/armor collecting a purpose beyond getting filed away into a locker and forgotten about. I'm in total agreement with this:

LoonShia posted:

I tell you, if Portable Tent had weapon walls and ammo displays, it'd be the best house mod.

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

Does anyone know if there's a mod or a console command or something to unlock .45 weapons and ammo without having to go through Honest Hearts? As much as I love it I don't always want to play through the whole thing just to get that ammo.

Edit: and of course as soon as I post I find one.

Davoren fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Aug 25, 2014

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Just install multiple bases. I want to say I had Underground Hideout and the Lucky Suite installed in my last play through. Also maybe the one that is a bus you fix up.

I'm thinking UH, Lombard, and portable tent next time. And maybe that one I had in Fallout 3 next to Rivet City if that works with TTW.

tonberrykng
May 1, 2009

Psion posted:

Or another mod is interacting poorly with LS so it crashes and you assume LS is to blame when it may just be the only reliable place for a problem to present.

with NV modding, anything is possible.

personally, LS works just fine and I hope King of Swag reappears from the mists with a link to New Super Badass Lombard v1.0 sometime soon.
So? You can't expect me to stop using other mods just because LS is one of the better housing mods. It's still on LS's creator or whoever's doing the remake to fix the conflict. Until the remake comes out, there should be a warning in the OP to not leave anything you care about in LS, or, better yet, use another housing mod.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Games > Fallout: New Vegas Modding Thread - Digital Video Game Hideout Argument Station

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

Mycroft Holmes posted:

Fallout 4 when

I can't see them releasing it until the user base for PS4 and XBox One is larger.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Crimson Harvest posted:

If you skip the dumb activation quest and reactor bullshit, it's pretty good. Not as simple as LS, but it looks better imo.

Brainamp posted:

Underground Hideout does. It's got a medicine cabinet, a water wall, a garden, a couple of ammo shelves, gun racks for the base game and DLCs, and mannequins. Also a special souvenir flag thingy that you get by visiting major locations.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

tonberrykng posted:

So? You can't expect me to stop using other mods just because LS is one of the better housing mods. It's still on LS's creator or whoever's doing the remake to fix the conflict. Until the remake comes out, there should be a warning in the OP to not leave anything you care about in LS, or, better yet, use another housing mod.

You're missing the point. When dealing with a huge-rear end mod list, conflicts are inevitable. Conflicts don't always mean it's the 'fault' of one mod or the other. I can, in fact, expect you to maybe try and troubleshoot it before complaining that Lombard or any other mod needs a big disclaimer just for you.

this thread is 527 pages of compatibility problems between mods, it's inevitable poo poo is gonna rub against each other wrong. I've had more playthroughs with LS that went perfectly than there have been posters complaining about LS, and my modlist changes every drat game. What happened to you sucks, no doubt, but this argument just doesn't work out.

CASM is basically the #1 mod of forever for a reason :v:

Psion fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Aug 25, 2014

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Psion posted:

You're missing the point. When dealing with a huge-rear end mod list, conflicts are inevitable. Conflicts don't always mean it's the 'fault' of one mod or the other. I can, in fact, expect you to maybe try and troubleshoot it before complaining that Lombard or any other mod needs a big disclaimer just for you.

this thread is 527 pages of compatibility problems between mods, it's inevitable poo poo is gonna rub against each other wrong. I've had more playthroughs with LS that went perfectly than there have been posters complaining about LS, and my modlist changes every drat game. What happened to you sucks, no doubt, but this argument just doesn't work out.

Pretend I typed out what Psion typed in different words. I've never had any problem in multiple playthroughs with LS.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

achillesforever6 posted:

I did that and it still did the same thing :smith:
You know I might as well just restart the quest does anyone have the Quest ID for New Vegas Bounties I?

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Cheston posted:

1) Finish your playthrough with it. After you spend like 160 hours on one you probably won't want to use it again for fear of taking A HUNDRED AND SIXTY HOURS on a playthrough because of it.

Then Portable Tent happens and you have to confront the fact that the problem might be you.

:negative:

2)

the OP posted:

and yes also CASM because the stock auto-save will wreck everything and ruin your life.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
I'm so glad that somebody made that USE NVAC...thing.

Psion posted:

Nah-uh, 36 of those pages are my posts.

Can you believe that poo poo?

tonberrykng
May 1, 2009

Psion posted:

But it isn't just me. A few people in the last few pages have encountered the bug, and a cursory google search shows there are others. But keep on pretending it's just me complaining about goons' favorite "digital video game hideout," as Gyshall puts it.

Really, all you needed to say was, "Should've used CASM :smug:"

Hobo on Fire
Dec 4, 2008

tonberrykng posted:

But it isn't just me. A few people in the last few pages have encountered the bug, and a cursory google search shows there are others. But keep on pretending it's just me complaining about goons' favorite "digital video game hideout," as Gyshall puts it.

Really, all you needed to say was, "Should've used CASM :smug:"

Should've used CASM should be the thread title at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Always use CASM and that mod that lets you right-click a vendor to start trading, plus the one that sorts your items by condition in the UI.