Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SoftDrink
Nov 16, 2013

vigorous sodomy posted:

This is a hobby where you pay princely sums of either your time or money. I could learn how to paint models with lovely results after months of trying to get a hundred pounds of gear, or I can throw money at it and let someone else deal with the mess.

And how is Tau for an army?

Tau are still a strong army in this edition they throw out a lot of shooting. People are going to have there change there list a little to be able to deal with bigger tanks and LoWs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Direwolf
Aug 16, 2004
Fwar

vigorous sodomy posted:

This is a hobby where you pay princely sums of either your time or money. I could learn how to paint models with lovely results after months of trying to get a hundred pounds of gear, or I can throw money at it and let someone else deal with the mess.

Game's not good enough to pay someone else to paint it for you. If you want to buy prepainted miniatures there are tons of other miniature systems that come with prepainted models and have potentially better rules systems and that are undoubtedly cheaper.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum

Direwolf posted:

Game's not good enough to pay someone else to paint it for you. If you want to buy prepainted miniatures there are tons of other miniature systems that come with prepainted models and have potentially better rules systems and that are undoubtedly cheaper.

Yea but it's not 40K. And do you guys hate this game a lot?

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

vigorous sodomy posted:

The stuff you need for a basic wash/dip paint job that will look decent is nowhere near hundreds (excepting the models themselves, obv).

E: if you mean pounds as in weight, this still holds true.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

vigorous sodomy posted:

You can paint better than that with about a weeks practice if you follow basic guides. If you literally want to waste money I will happily paint your models for ludicrous amounts of cash.

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

vigorous sodomy posted:

Blue Table charge too much for what is pretty basic paint jobs. Bad idea.

I understand not wanting to take the time to learn it yourself--my entire business is based on this kind of mindset, mind you. Personally I'd recommend learning it yourself, since there's a joy to painting your own stuff, but if you'd rather not then there's plenty of people willing to do it for you for a price. Myself included, for the record; I deal in painting armies to a good tabletop level in a quick manner.

Or serious gaylord if you want your stuff to look like some Omega-level masterclass poo poo.

SoftDrink
Nov 16, 2013

There is also this company that does painting jobs.

http://www.frontlinegaming.org/paint-service/

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Basically dont give money to blue table painting since Im pretty sure they exploit child labour.

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer
There's nothing wrong with paying someone else to paint your mans, but there is something very much wrong with paying Blue Table Painting to do it (namely that they are real bad at it).

EDIT: gently caress, beaten.

Karl Rove
Feb 26, 2006

Oh man, the Elders are really lovely guys. Their astral projection seminars are literally off the fucking planet, and highly recommended.
Even as a beginner, it is actually deceptively easy to paint figures to a level where they actually look pretty good; especially Tau because they have lots of smooth, flat surfaces and aren't swaddled in purity seals and swinging chains with little skulls danging off of them. It will take practice of course, but honestly the fun in the hobby is like 75% painting and 25% actually playing the game.

Even just flat block coloring looks perfectly fine: as long as you pick up a decent variety of brushes and practice being able to paint straight, you can make pretty crisp lines and simple details. From there, really basic drybrushing can get you figures that look very nice and require only a little extra work. All of this can be done with a couple brushes, the base colors for your army, and a can of black primer.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Cataphract posted:

Crimson SLaughterdoesn't have formations in it. Just warlord table, wargear, a handful of new/alternate rules for existing units in the CSM dex and a bunch of altar of war missions.

Ah OK, will need to have a real read through of it then.

It's been a bank holiday today, so I'm nearly done with my friend's Imperial Knights:

Dark phone picture, but it's all I've got at the moment. Need to find out what detailing he wants on the bone-colored areas, then paint the face shields, do the weathering, base and done!

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Speaking of conversions- any ideas for how to kit bash some cool Myrmidon Destructors? The stock models are ok, but I'm not a fan of the arm guns and the sculpts are single pose. They also come with 3 different weapon sets, meaning I would have to either buy 9 to complete the set or do some conversions anyway.

I'm thinking of using some Thallax, giving them Cataphracti arms, and sculpting some robes (or using black templar torsos) onto the front. Something like this:

+

No idea what to do with the heads though.

e: Probably needs more skulls

BULBASAUR fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Aug 25, 2014

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

serious gaylord posted:

Basically dont give money to blue table painting since Im pretty sure they exploit child labour.

There's something weird about the guy who runs it...

Like I wouldn't be surprised if it came out he was a child molester. Guy is weird.

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

I told you that story so I could tell you this one.

vigorous sodomy posted:

Painting can be one of the most rewarding aspects of the hobby, and basic tabletop schemes can be done in a short period of time.

But that's beside the point. The point is, as others have said, BT is awful and you can find much better commission painters to do the work.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Moola posted:

There's something weird about the guy who runs it...

Like I wouldn't be surprised if it came out he was a child molester. Guy is weird.

He cannot make enough money charging what he does, nor pump out the quantity of models himself. He has to be outsourcing this stuff to some chinese factory line.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

serious gaylord posted:

He cannot make enough money charging what he does, nor pump out the quantity of models himself. He has to be outsourcing this stuff to some chinese factory line.

I always thought they charged the same as an actual good painter who values his or her time? Except that the quality is extremely basic.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Was Blue Table the one that posted that YouTube video of a mediocre Khorne land raider paint job with the massive, poorly done skull pile and poo poo on top and were huge loving goons about it? Please don't let nerds be the PR for your company.

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

BULBASAUR posted:

Speaking of conversions- any ideas for how to kit bash some cool Myrmidon Destructors?

http://davetaylorminiatures.blogspot.com/2014/02/mechanicum-some-kitbashed-myrmidons.html

Ghost Hand
Aug 10, 2004

Rampant 40k Fanboy

Esser-Z posted:

Thanks! I know a couple guys who'll probably be interested, but I wanted to have some ideas down before I brought it up, y'know?

Please do take a listen to that episode that SRM recommended. People seemed to get some enjoyment and information out of it. We did an older one on campaigns which you can find back here:

http://theindependentcharacters.com/blog/?page_id=2198

But it's episode 12... which was a bit before I think we really hit our stride :P

AbusePuppy
Nov 1, 2012

BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!!!!! so far.

SoftDrink posted:

My facebook group for 40k is discussing the D weapon chart and if it should be changed this is what one if the guys came up with.
Revised D Weapon Damage Chart

"1" 1 wound / Glancing Hit, cover and invulnerable saves allowed
"2-5" d3+1 Wounds / Penetrating hit d3+1 Hull points, cover and invulnerable saves allowed
"6" d3+2 Wounds / Penetrating hit d3+2 hull points, no saves allowed.

He is a TO for a very large Grand Tournament and this argument has been going on for a few weeks. The main point he wants is that you can't gust have your titan one shot your opponents titan and the game is over. Ask yourself if you were going to this tournament what would you want? If you have a titan and if you're opponent has one do you want it to come down to who rolls a 6 first.

Titans smashing each other isn't/wasn't the problem with Str D weapons; in fact, I would go so far to say that Str D weapons aren't really much of a problem right now. There are one or two bad apples, but realistically those are functions of other problems more than anything else and they would end up pretty identical if you just made their guns S10 AP2 instead.

In fact, from a play perspective I would consider the above Destroyer table more powerful than the current one because 2/3 of the time on a "standard" it will kill a tank immediately (instead of 1/3 of the time as with the usual table.) I guess if you're going to be using it exclusively for Apocalypse games or something I could seen an argument for it? But unless your group has some really bizarre stuff going on, I can't imagine superheavy-on-superheavy duels are happening that often, and even less often will both sides have a Str D weapon.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
They get some poo poo from people but if I paid to have models painted it'd probably be with Frontline, I've never heard any super bad poo poo about them and the quality for their level 1 or whatever is pretty nice.

Plus their super supportive of the community as a whole with the running of tournaments etc.. Plus their battle mats are pretty keen.

I just like them as a company.

edit:

Speaking of which I think I was suppose to write something.

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Aug 26, 2014

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Naramyth posted:

dont stop now :flashfap:

Haha alright, I'm glad you like it man. Here is the final game.

Game 3: Eldar w/ Dark Eldar allies
Farseer on Jetbike with Shard, Baron Syn... whatever, 14 Hellions, x2 Wave Serpents with x5 Dire Avengers, 1 Wave Serpent with x5 Fire Dragons, x2 Jetbike squads, stock Wraithknight. Dawn of War deployment, I have a ruined building on my western edge, he has one on his western third. We both have some LoS blocking terrain on our eastern third with a large ruin in the center of the board.

I deployed first and chose to go second. I split my force with the D-Cannons in the ruined building anchoring the west. A Wave Serpent and the Suncannon WK is behind the ruins. On the eastern side, I have the remaining two Wave Serpents, the stock WK, and my Swooping Hawks (behind the LoS blocking wall). He chooses to reserve everything but his Hellions/Farseer/Baron, a jetbike squad which hides behind an LoS blocking wall, and his WK. Using his warlord trait, he infiltrates the Hellions, Baron, and Farseer 18" from my D-Cannons. His WK is in the Northeastern corner.

On his first turn, he sets up his large Hellion/Farseer/Baron squad to make a charge on my D-Cannons and probably Wave Serpent or WK. His WK moves up and takes a HP off one of my Wave Serpents in the east, it's worth noting that his Farseer and Baron sit at the southern most point of this large mob.

On my turn I drop the D-Cannons in the center of the blob killing a third including the unit champion. All Wave Serpents and WK's unload into them dealing a few more wounds. The Baron ends up dying to a Look Out, Sir! from the Farseer. More of the Hellions are removed due to Look Out, Sir! My SunC WK assaults coming into base contact with the Farseer. He kills him with the Hammer of Wrath hit which cannot be Look Out, Sir'ed because of the gaping hole in the middle of the Hellion squad from the previous shooting. In fact, the combat is broken as there is a 7" gap and neither of us can make contact. His four remaining Hellions flee from the lost combat. I got First Blood and Warlord.

On his turn 2 he brings on two Wave Serpents and the other bike squad, all in the western third. He places his Wave Serpents behind his building to shield from my eastern half of the army while having a straight shot on my western Wave Serpent. His Hellions rally, his bikes continue to hide, and his WK draws to within assault range of one of my eastern Wave Serpents. He originally needed like a 10" roll for charge distance - I know because I placed myself that far away from his WK but I didn't watch him move it and when I turned back he was like 6" away. I let it go because I wasn't going to start fighting over measurement on turn 2 after just wiping a third of his army. His two Wave Serpents immobilized my western Wave Serpent in an unfortunate facing (facing directly east) and totaled 2 HP's on it. His Wraithknight shot my Wave Serpent, I saved, then he failed the 6" charge. I felt good about that.

On my turn 2 I forgot to bring my Swooping Hawks in. I forced his two Wave Serpents to jink and glanced a HP off of one. My D-Cannons finished the Hellions and my SunC did nothing but moved towards the center of the board. Dire Avengers in the eastern Wave Serpents get out and them and my stock WK set up to shoot and charge his stock WK, but then I sent his WK straight to hell with a Distort shot. Internally I was jumping for joy and felt vindicated about not arguing earlier. It's also the first time my stock WK has actually made use of the Distort rule. He now only has Jetbikes in his eastern third. My Wave Serpents move toward the center after shooting and causing the Jinks on his Wave Serpents.

His turn 3 saw his third Wave Serpent with Fire Dragons comes in. The first two Wave Serpents move up to get LoS, the one with a HP removed is barely within range of the D-Cannons. He then wrecks one of my healthy, empty Wave Serpents after all three pour their fire into it. He moved his eastern bike squad over to the western side.

On my turn 3, another really awesome thing happens. My D-Cannons target his first Wave Serpent. He jinks. The blasts scatter and miss badly, 12" in fact. Amazingly, that lands dead center of his other Wave Serpent which is promptly wrecked and his DA that hop out become pinned. My Swooping Hawks which previously landed, failed to do anything to one of his hiding bike squads. My Wraithknights moved up, the stock WK towards his Wave Serpents, the other up the eastern side in order to claim the northeast objective/area. The stock WK forced the Fire Dragon Wave Serpent to jink. My immobilized Wave Serpent spends the rest of the game with 1 HP remaining in my western corner, holding the southern area - the DA remain inside. It continues popping Scatter Laser shots at whatever it can, since it's facing east and can't see anything with the shield. The two DA squads in the east claim the eastern area and the south west objective and the center area.

His turn 4, saw his Wave Serpents moving to take shots on my still mobile Wave Serpent. They manage to wreck that one as well. His bikes combine to wreck my squad of Swooping Hawks, then charged wiping the rest of them out. However, he loses a bike to dangerous terrain on the charge.

My turn 4 my SunC Wraithknight takes the northeast objective and lines up a shot on one of his bike squads and kills them. The stock WK positions for a charge on the Fire Dragon Wave Serpent. The D-Cannons are ineffective on the other Wave Serpent. The stock WK forces a jink on the Wave Serpent but fails to charge it. I slap a Dire Avenger down in his back field from the immobilized Wave Serpent.

His turn 5 he hops his Fire Dragons out. He attempts to take down the stock WK with everything but only manages three wounds. He moves to hold the western area and is sitting on the northwest objective with his Fire Dragons/Wave Serpent. He also holds the northern area with his other bike squad.

My turn 5, one of the eastern DA squads moves then runs to the northeast objective while holding the eastern area. The other DA squad holds the southeastern objective and the central area. My immobilized Wave Serpent and it's DA now hop out and hold the southern area. My stock WK moves back to hold the southwestern objective. The combined fire of my D-Cannons and Wraithknight wreck his second troop Wave Serpent and his DA get out in the center of the western edge. My SunC WK holds the northern area by VP. He holds the western area. with his remaining DA and the Wave Serpent/Fire Dragons.

The games end after 5. I control 3 objectives to his 1, and 4 sectors to his 1.

Three things happened in this battle that I'd never seen before; we had a broken combat, I insta-deathed his WK with my WK, and a scattering blast completely wrecks the wrong vehicle fortuitously.

All told it was a really fun tournament. My second opponent took third, while my third opponent took fourth. The guy who took second was playing daemons.

WhiteWolf123
Jun 18, 2008

The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.

ANAmal.net posted:

There's nothing wrong with paying someone else to paint your mans, but there is something very much wrong with paying Blue Table Painting to do it (namely that they are real bad at it).

This. All the stuff I own is commissioned stuff. But I paid a fraction of what they charge and it looks 10x better. There are a bunch of good artists out there that are more affordable and churn out much better work. I'd shop around with different painting services before settling on Blue Table.

On an unrelated note, how are Rokkit Buggies playing out in 7th for those out there that play Orks? They're cheap and they provide a moving screen to deliver Battlewagons carrying Boyz unscathed. In addition to only being 25 points and having a TL-Rokkit Launcha. Thoughts on filling up the FA slots with them to screen 'Wagons and get some TL S8 shooting in the list?

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

I need to stop looking at Forge World on payday. There are so many Necron things that I want (Tomb Stalkers look great I think, as does the Tesseract Ark), but I do need to eat for the next month too. Thankfully I am an atrocious painter so that prevents me from ordering things that cost that much. Am I the only one who spends a decent amount of time just staring at FW goodies?

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum
Frontline charges the exact same as BTP. Are you guys unhappy with BPT because the operator reminds you of Aartek?

The Sisko
Jan 9, 2009

"Whenever there's injustice, wrongs to be righted, innocents to be defended, The Sisko will be there, delivering ass-whooppings."

vigorous sodomy posted:

Frontline charges the exact same as BTP. Are you guys unhappy with BPT because the operator reminds you of Aartek?

Frontline has much more consistent friendly service , does great work even at their lowest price point, and the guys there contribute alot to the community in general. I have had them do a couple of things here and there for my brothers army and I have never had a problem with them. If I were to suggest someone for commision work it would be them.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!
The dude from BTP is basically a small-l libertarian who once did a video where he said something to the effect of "if you're currently unemployed it's probably because you deserve it". That alone is reason enough for anyone not to give him their business right there.

Hell, I would imagine if someone wanted their army painted to "tabletop standards" there are probably plenty of goons who could use the coin. Granted, it wouldn't be cranked out at a sweatshop's pace, but still. :v:

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

BTP also doesn't list their prices up-front on their site which has always kind of annoyed me.

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Hell, I would imagine if someone wanted their army painted to "tabletop standards" there are probably plenty of goons who could use the coin. Granted, it wouldn't be cranked out at a sweatshop's pace, but still. :v:

I'll have you know I studied under the most demanding of 3rd-world workers to paint as fast as I do :v:

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
I could swear I've read an expose by someone who auditioned as a painter for BTP, or was briefly employed by them, or something. He basically said they tried to screw him at every turn and had really skeevy working conditions.

AbusePuppy
Nov 1, 2012

BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!!!!! so far.

vigorous sodomy posted:

Their painting isn't horrible, but it's generally fairly mediocre, they have poor customer service, and generally don't interact with the community well in a business that lives entirely off the community. Having personally dealt with the Frontline guys a lot, they're very cool folks who put a lot of work into stuff and even if all other folks were equal I would definitely give them the nod.

In any decent-sized city you will probably also have one or more local 40K players who is willing to paint stuff for you on commission- this can be a lot more hit-or-miss than online services, but being physically close to the person and knowing them (and their reputation) directly can be a boon as well. Prices also tend to be a bit lower because of the lack of need for shipping, etc.

Boon posted:

Batrep

Good stuff there. Distort is a surprisingly strong rule and the ability to punk out enemy MCs at random is amazingly useful and it's one of the main reasons I include a WK in lists. I dunno what the dude was thinking going for the charge with Baron when WK is right there to clean things up- that's not really a combat he can win and HnR only does anything if you don't get Swept. Still not a fan of the Suncannon, just 'cause it's so many extra points over the usual, but meh- sounds like you had some good matches and decent opponents (other than superfast Wraithknight- 18" movement? :raise:).

WhiteWolf123 posted:

On an unrelated note, how are Rokkit Buggies playing out in 7th for those out there that play Orks? They're cheap and they provide a moving screen to deliver Battlewagons carrying Boyz unscathed. In addition to only being 25 points and having a TL-Rokkit Launcha. Thoughts on filling up the FA slots with them to screen 'Wagons and get some TL S8 shooting in the list?

I'm not sure I'd take a ton of Buggies, but they are decent little units. They do all the stuff you need them to and they can help with saturation against most opponents- Serpents and Broadsides will ruin your day, but that's just the cost of doing business.

SoftDrink
Nov 16, 2013

So how do you people like the new Daemon Hunter(Gray Knight) book?

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

AbusePuppy posted:

Good stuff there. Distort is a surprisingly strong rule and the ability to punk out enemy MCs at random is amazingly useful and it's one of the main reasons I include a WK in lists. I dunno what the dude was thinking going for the charge with Baron when WK is right there to clean things up- that's not really a combat he can win and HnR only does anything if you don't get Swept. Still not a fan of the Suncannon, just 'cause it's so many extra points over the usual, but meh- sounds like you had some good matches and decent opponents (other than superfast Wraithknight- 18" movement? :raise:).

Thanks man. Yeah I think he was going for the combination of I order, poison from the Hellions, and the Shard to take it out but... starting in D-Cannon range and reserving the rest of your army is just not the way to go about that.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
It's in line with all the previous 7th edition Codexes which is to say it feels like they were hit with the bland hammer, but I think the 7th edition codexes really do shine in that once all Codex are updated to current edition the game will overall be more balanced.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

JerryLee posted:

I could swear I've read an expose by someone who auditioned as a painter for BTP, or was briefly employed by them, or something. He basically said they tried to screw him at every turn and had really skeevy working conditions.

Oh yeah, there are more than a few stories like that around on the Internet. Not to mention their failed Kickstarter, which was basically "Give us money so we can buy models, paint them, and sell them". :rolleyes:

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

SoftDrink posted:

So how do you people like the new Daemon Hunter(Gray Knight) book?
I think you mean Codex: Points reshuffle.

It's a crossgrade codex, really. Psybolts were removed instead of having a points increase (which was needed on vehicles) which hurts the GKs already poor anti-armour capabilities.
A few of the Nemesis Force Weapons were nerfed, swords no longer grant the +1 invuln in melee and Halberds went from +2I to +1S.
Strike Squads stayed the same points cost, and 20pts is still overpriced for what they do (which is not very much, now that Psycannons got nerfed to Salvo weapons).
Purgation squads are still horrible and worthless.
They forgot to nerf Purifiers, funnily enough. They're better than before now that all their melee attacks cause Soul Blaze. Also, ML2 and combat squaddable for 250pts.
Terminators got cheaper, and their Psycannon upgrade did too. Never not use 2 units of GKT as your troops, why take Strikes when 13pts gets you Relentless and a 2+/5++?
Psycannons cost more and are worse on Power Armoured models, so save the Paycannons for GKT instead, who can actually shoot the drat things on turn 1.
Dreadknights got a huge point cost reduction on all their upgrades. A NDK with a greatsword and teleporter under the old codex costs as much as the new NDK with the same loadout plus two ranged weapons. Auto-include.
Dreadnoughts are the only Psychic Pilots in the codex, and got a price hike despite the absence of Psybolts. Not worth it.
Apothecary upgrade is 55pts cheaper for Paladins, but Paladins just can't compete with 33pt GKTs when their base cost remained the same.
Land Raiders and Storm Ravens are still pretty much our only source of reliable high S, low AP shooting. Land Raiders being dedicated transports for GKT is nice and they're fairly survivable in 7th, but meltaguns still exist.

There's some nice things in the codex but losing Inquisition and Assassins and having them be resold to us as 'DLC' is a kick in the teeth. Also, a missed opportunity to actually give us more units, since the removal of the aforementioned elements took 1/3 of the available units out of our codex. We still only have 2 Fast Attack choices, 2 Troops, 3 Elites and 5 Heavy Support (3 of which are Land Raiders). :geno:

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Oh yeah, there are more than a few stories like that around on the Internet. Not to mention their failed Kickstarter, which was basically "Give us money so we can buy models, paint them, and sell them". :rolleyes:

hahaha they really did this?

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

Slimnoid posted:

hahaha they really did this?

They really did this. I forget the exact details but they were hyping it up as some kind of "pre-planning" scheme where they would have minis already in stock and on hand in case someone wanted to order a particular army from them, be it Infinity or WH40K or Warmahordes or whatever. I don't remember how quickly it folded but I think it definitely failed to make anything even remotely near what they were hoping to get before they shut it down. :v:

muggins
Mar 3, 2008

I regard the death and mangling of a couple thousand toy soldiers as a small affair, a kind of morning dash

JerryLee posted:

From what I've heard they have a compound where they pay you min wage to paint models and charge you rent to live in the compound. Not sure if you have to live there to work there but I wouldn't be surprised. Dude comes off pretty creepy because he's Mormon I believe

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
I really like Shawn the blue table guy and am not sure what you guys are talking about. I had no idea they were a company big enough to be hated on the Internet. I had them paint a squad of Harlequins a couple years ago and was delighted with the results. He is a cool dude and a little weird but totally harmless.

Edit--I took some stuff out because the hosed up hearsay about this dude is bad enough on this page already. Goons just totally making poo poo up as usual. There's no loving painting sweatshop compound (probably) and it is really weird seeing all this bizarre grapevine poo poo about a friendly local company. I also don't know what you guys are talking about when you say they don't support the community, they're running a war gaming festival for like a week that starts tomorrow? I think?

Gay Horney fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Aug 26, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

muggins posted:

From what I've heard they have a compound where they pay you min wage to paint models and charge you rent to live in the compound. Not sure if you have to live there to work there but I wouldn't be surprised. Dude comes off pretty creepy because he's Mormon I believe

Hahaha sounds perfect for an undercover expose.

"Next time on frontline..... Manbaby sitting or sweatshop?"

• Locked thread