Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

quote:

Diamond Dallas Page ‏@RealDDP 1m
“@HennessyWrites: @RealDDP - would U help football legend Paul Gascoigne? U have 2 understand bro Paul would have to reach 2 me 4 it 2 work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigT
Oct 22, 2004

DDP legit seems like one of the coolest nicest, non carny guys in the business.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

BigT posted:

I think coming in later in his life helped, so when he came in he would have been a little more mature and not formed as many bad habits.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

Defiance Industries posted:

I think coming in later in his life helped, so when he came in he would have been a little more mature and not formed as many bad habits.

Though there is that funny Botchamania clip where he clocks Brutus in the back of a head at a time when it would've done some real damage to him (He had a metal plate). On a shoot video he's super apologetic and talks about how he was slipping and tried to save himself etc and then when they show the video it's like nope, he straight up just whacks him in the head.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

BigT posted:

He's pretty much the ultimate carny, all he does is shill and look for new opportunities to promote his product.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
Remember the industry you're talking about, be careful of throwing around terms like "ultimate carny." That's a bold claim and a deep, deep rabbit hole.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Yeah, I really bought DDP being a post-WWE nirvana-achieving monk hook line and sinker until I heard him on Jericho's podcast saying how he got mad when Jake the Snake started losing weight or overcoming his addictions anytime the cameras weren't around. That was a disappointment.

I still think he's a cool dude.

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
A guy I know was inspired by Dean going missing and made a thing:

http://lucas.tumblr.com/post/95519011922/sports-edutainment
http://lucas.tumblr.com/post/95702629032/where-in-the-world-is-dean-ambrose-previously

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

He ran a club in Fort Myers. I don't think that's possible.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

The Goog posted:

It could be a taunt!

All of his taunts are also German suplexes.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

DDP is the most positive carny, which comes off way better than the typical old carny wrestlers.

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008

The337th posted:

DDP is the most positive carny, which comes off way better than the typical old carny wrestlers.

He was on an interview on CBC Radio last week and was able to turn literally every question he got into a minimum 45-second shill for his latest DDP Yoga DVD or the Jake the Snake doc he's working on. It was kind of awesome and frustrating at the same time.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/MattJackson13/status/503762461607337984

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
I can't ever be mad at DDP for shilling his stuff. I went all-in on his system for over half a year and it worked like a charm.

I agree, you can tell the difference in his outlook as opposed to the guys who were trying to break into the industry since they were teenagers. Having a real life before he ever got into the business let him know that he had a way out if he didn't make it.

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger
If the man wants to sell his good product that helps people, well, I say let him.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
I think Regal wins the award for "most carny" by virtue of having been an actual carny.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

How the gently caress can anyone say anybody other than Paul Heyman when talking about the carniest people in wrestling.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
Because there's a fucktonne of people more racist, misogynistic, deceitful and generally rear end-backwards than Heyman. Carny does not simply mean shady and opportunistic. Carny means a special brand of stuck-in-1968.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Endorph posted:

How the gently caress can anyone say anybody other than Paul Heyman when talking about the carniest people in wrestling.

Easy. There are a lot of carnies that are wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy shittier people than Paul Heyman. Heyman's almost more an unabashed survivalist than a carny.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
Yeah, the general rule with Heyman is just don't accept any checks from him and don't let him borrow money from you, he's hardly the worst.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Aw

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Steens wife is a god drat dime~!

Also, is Steen going to stay Steen, or will he be making the switch to 'Steve Kevins'?

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Kevin Rothstein. He'll be doing a Jewish lord of finance gimmick.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

delfin posted:

Thanks, Dusty!

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

JoshVanValkenburg posted:

Also, is Steen going to stay Steen, or will he be making the switch to 'Steve Kevins'?

He will be known as STEEN in all caps.

Accompanied to the ring by his japanese friend Kevin Kent.

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!

Drake Younger's twitter is always so good for a big smile.

Edit: woah, I didn't click on that but drat, that's great. good for him.

SylvainMustach fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Aug 26, 2014

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Full picture reveals a huge weight loss

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

rovert posted:

Holy poo poo where did all of Steen go?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

NienNunb posted:

Holy poo poo where did all of Steen go?

So much for my dream of him getting a fat internet nerd gimmick.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

jesus it's like he gave birth

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

rovert posted:

Dude looks loving great.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

delfin posted:

Move over Big Sexy Kevin Nash, its Big Jewcy Kevin Roth

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Looks like the Big Guy might be taking a bit of a break.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Memento posted:

Looks like the Big Guy might be taking a bit of a break.

BIG BOY

BIG TOYS

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

JoshVanValkenburg posted:

Steven Keen is the running theory/joke/possible reality.

rovert posted:

I now have no sympathy for Chris Hero.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Didn't really pick Sheiky-baby for a Matchbox 20 fan.

Optimist with doubt
May 16, 2010

Scoop Lover

:vince:

he knows...
Chris Hero gained Steen's weight.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

sticklefifer posted:

I now have no sympathy for Chris Hero.

Hero is working hurt which does not do well for weight gain, and some people just drop weight much quicker than others.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

freud mayweather
Jan 29, 2009

Svelte Steen Svelte