Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

TB said the Deluxe Steam version of ADOM is likely to cost $14.99. That's not too bad, and definitely less than I thought he would charge. They seem to be putting a lot of work into it so it's worth it to me at least, at that price. He's been saying the game will be updated beyond the crowdfunding promises if its successful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Brogue question: does damage done by armor of mutuality (which splits damage you take among all adjacent enemies) count for a ring of transference (aka vampirism)? If you're surrounded, you'll be dealing 7x more damage than you're taking yourself, so a +3 ring of transference would slightly outheal the damage you take. You could just hold 5 until all the enemies around you kill themselves on your armor, which would be hilarious.

Xir
Jul 31, 2007

I smell fan fiction...

TOOT BOOT posted:

TB said the Deluxe Steam version of ADOM is likely to cost $14.99. That's not too bad, and definitely less than I thought he would charge. They seem to be putting a lot of work into it so it's worth it to me at least, at that price. He's been saying the game will be updated beyond the crowdfunding promises if its successful.

I wish he'd hurry up and put it up on Steam so I could spend the money on it. I like having my games on Steam since I can download them and not have to remember to check various websites for updated versions.

Of course, most of my playtime in Steam games nowadays goes into roguelikes, and ADOM will just make it worse.

Blackray Jack
Apr 7, 2007
Murderology AND Murderonomy!
This guy is working on a roguelike about submarines and it's coming along pretty good. Simply called Sub Commander.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=202304

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

Blackray Jack posted:

This guy is working on a roguelike about submarines and it's coming along pretty good. Simply called Sub Commander.

I saw this previewed on RPS and immediately tried to forget it existed, because it looks like the kind of game I wanted FTL to be, and I want it to be released in perfect 1.0 status right now.

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

doctorfrog posted:

I saw this previewed on RPS and immediately tried to forget it existed, because it looks like the kind of game I wanted FTL to be, and I want it to be released in perfect 1.0 status right now.

Likewise. I'm pretty excited for both this and Rodina, although the latter is even less a roguelike than FTL is.

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Mod sass? This evening?! But the cakes aren't ready! THE CAKES!
Fun Shoe
New Sproggiwood Beta build on steam today:

*(more) Polished main menu
*Thief & Vampire first pass equipment
*First pass plot and content for dungeons 4-6

Here's some more beta keys!
9̶W̶K̶X̶V̶-̶C̶T̶V̶R̶J̶-̶M̶V̶F̶2̶6̶
0̶C̶N̶T̶H̶-̶W̶T̶G̶W̶I̶-̶W̶P̶C̶Z̶J̶
J̶A̶Z̶X̶L̶-̶Y̶K̶E̶6̶I̶-̶0̶7̶L̶0̶5̶
2̶2̶8̶D̶9̶-̶X̶H̶M̶N̶C̶-̶D̶N̶K̶8̶4̶
N̶P̶A̶N̶Y̶-̶Y̶F̶F̶2̶8̶-̶H̶J̶Y̶B̶E̶

(Here's the survey link, I'd be great if you could fill it out if you grab a key, after playing for a bit! https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/V2CPC3H)

Unormal fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Aug 26, 2014

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

So still no wizard gear?

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Fun Shoe

dis astranagant posted:

So still no wizard gear?

Not in this patch, but should have a working mockout of the gear up in the next day or two. Though the current iteration content won't actually Wizard (since it unlocks later in the plot) unless you force unlock the class via the debug menu.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Unormal posted:

Not in this patch, but should have a working mockout of the gear up in the next day or two. Though the current iteration content won't actually Wizard (since it unlocks later in the plot) unless you force unlock the class via the debug menu.

Ah. When I went through when you first handed out keys it had wizard after dungeon 3 and no vampire.

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Fun Shoe

dis astranagant posted:

Ah. When I went through when you first handed out keys it had wizard after dungeon 3 and no vampire.

Yup, the actual class unlock sequence is going to be Wizard-last somewhere in the final 4 dungeons, so this patch brings the class unlock sequence in line with the final design; also, FYI I didn't force-reset people's saved games, but I'm not working particularly hard at the moment to ensure that you won't end up in a funny state between these big patches because there's a lot changing under the covers; so if the plot doesn't progress for you, you'll probably have to restart to get it going.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Unormal posted:

Yup, the actual class unlock sequence is going to be Wizard-last somewhere in the final 4 dungeons, so this patch brings the class unlock sequence in line with the final design; also, FYI I didn't force-reset people's saved games, but I'm not working particularly hard at the moment to ensure that you won't end up in a funny state between these big patches because there's a lot changing under the covers; so if the plot doesn't progress for you, you'll probably have to restart to get it going.

I'd already reset to try out warrior since I didn't pick him on my other run so that's not an issue at all.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Unormal posted:

JAZXL-YKE6I-07L05

(Here's the survey link, I'd be great if you could fill it out if you grab a key, after playing for a bit! https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/V2CPC3H)

Took this one, thanks!

Bleu
Jul 19, 2006

Unormal posted:

NPANY-YFF28-HJYBE

I grabbed this one. Hopefully I can milk it for as much fun as I do CoQ.

Heheh. Milking CoQ.

andrew smash
Jun 26, 2006

smooth soul
Well those went quickly.

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Fun Shoe

andrew smash posted:

Well those went quickly.

Did the rest get lurked?

The Geoff
Oct 11, 2009

Blackray Jack posted:

The developer reads this very thread :v: thanks for posting about my game, glad you guys are enjoying it!

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011

Unormal posted:

0CNTH-WTGWI-WPCZJ

Got this one, I'll probably answer the survey tonight or tomorrow.

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013

Unormal posted:

9WKXV-CTVRJ-MVF26

Took this one! Thank you!

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Looks like thief weapons are still bugged.

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Fun Shoe

dis astranagant posted:

Looks like thief weapons are still bugged.

Urk, ok, I'll post a fix in a few minutes.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

New bug: I keep getting repeats of the last item I picked up when aoe abilities kill things. Doesn't happen every time but pretty often.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

dis astranagant posted:

New bug: I keep getting repeats of the last item I picked up when aoe abilities kill things. Doesn't happen every time but pretty often.

Might this be the same thing I encountered when Vanishing Dungarees and Dungarees of the Mongoose God have the exact same stats, but the later costs three times as much?

Or is it just an issue of itemization not being done yet?

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Well, it's not from chests, it's from enemies and it can be consumables.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

You can just put a chest in town and get free gold?

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Fun Shoe

Potsticker posted:

You can just put a chest in town and get free gold?

:shepspends:

Ok Thief eq is fixed. Dumb bug, just wasn't flagged in data properly to display on Thief equipment tabs.

Mongoose should have more HP (10 vs 5) and a higher chance (50 vs 35), though it's similar looking at a glance.

Feel free to e-mail any issues you see to unormal at gmail.com, or PM me, or @unormal, or whatever. Always a (good) chance it isn't a known issue. I'd rather drown in over-reports than miss bugs. :)

e: dis, what specific aoe abilities/classes/dungeons/items are you seeing it happen with? I've heard reports of that, but haven't been able to duplicate it.

It's funny how bugs are sometimes so glaringly obvious to players that just happen to play slightly differently, consistently, than the way you play when testing. So bugs that you never see just happen all the time under slightly different circumstances. Good times.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Pumpkin bombs and ice traps. Haven't tried fire traps or archer stuff. First floor of the first dungeon with nothing equipped or later with a healing potion. Got invis potions and stormguard dungarees out of it. Might be spider or mushroom related.

New one: my cloak of vitality is blinking me around like the mongoose god series. Might be scroll of wonder weirdness.

dis astranagant fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Aug 26, 2014

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Someone lurked that last one. Oh well... :smith:

Safety Biscuits
Oct 21, 2010

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Brogue question: does damage done by armor of mutuality (which splits damage you take among all adjacent enemies) count for a ring of transference (aka vampirism)? If you're surrounded, you'll be dealing 7x more damage than you're taking yourself, so a +3 ring of transference would slightly outheal the damage you take. You could just hold 5 until all the enemies around you kill themselves on your armor, which would be hilarious.

Presumbaly not then, but you could always look at the code.

My recent Brogue discovery happened after drinking the potion of incineration I needed to enter a treasure room. There was a gas trap near some lava but when I tried to set myself on fire to burn the door down it didn't work. Then I accientally used a shattering charm and it destroyed the gate. Not sure if this is a bug, because normally shattering leaves doors, but it seems kind of cheap.

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

House Louse posted:

Presumbaly not then, but you could always look at the code.

My recent Brogue discovery happened after drinking the potion of incineration I needed to enter a treasure room. There was a gas trap near some lava but when I tried to set myself on fire to burn the door down it didn't work. Then I accientally used a shattering charm and it destroyed the gate. Not sure if this is a bug, because normally shattering leaves doors, but it seems kind of cheap.

Nah, this is a room type. It's kind of annoying because I usually want to preserve my scrolls for when I have stuff equipped that's worth accidentally protecting or remove-cursing, and I have to blow all these scrolls looking for the Shatter.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I always miss the Sproggiwood keys by like 20 minutes.

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus

TOOT BOOT posted:

I blame euro timezones :smith:

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
Sproggiwood trip report: game owns

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

TOOT BOOT posted:

I always miss the Sproggiwood keys completely

Klaus Kinski posted:

:smith: x2

andrew smash
Jun 26, 2006

smooth soul

Don't blame yourselves, they were gone before I could grab one and I was actively reading the thread when they were posted.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

TOOT BOOT posted:

Klaus Kinski posted:

Or you could just ask for a key?

edit: game owns

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
You can't just ASK for keys... Can you? Because I should. So I guess I am.

Safety Biscuits
Oct 21, 2010

doctorfrog posted:

Nah, this is a room type. It's kind of annoying because I usually want to preserve my scrolls for when I have stuff equipped that's worth accidentally protecting or remove-cursing, and I have to blow all these scrolls looking for the Shatter.

No, not the treasure room where you have to shatter the door open - the one with a wooden door you have to burn down. But apparently the wooden door shattered too. That's what got me.

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

Chinook posted:

Or you could just ask for a key?
Bitchmove imo

E:
Unormal is a very cool person :tipshat:

Tin Tim fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Aug 26, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

Tin Tim posted:

Unormal is a very cool person :tipshat:

Isn't he? :)

He would probably rather have people that actually want to play the game and give feedback eventually checking it out than have random lurkers padding their libraries.

What a fun game. Got greenlit super fast, too.