Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hellbeard
Apr 8, 2002

Please report me if you see me post in GBS so a moderator may bulldoze my account like a palestinian school.

Bolow posted:

He's gay for Gundams idiot

Gundams don't kill peopledams.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThaShaneTrain
Jan 2, 2009

pure mindless vandalism
:smuggo:
My Gencon haul:

Some spinner rings, got the girlfriend the R-P-S in gold:

Hellbeard
Apr 8, 2002

Please report me if you see me post in GBS so a moderator may bulldoze my account like a palestinian school.
OK. Last one, I swear. I'll post pictures and some review or something after they all get here.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

It's so nice.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Hellbeard posted:

OK. Last one, I swear. I'll post pictures and some review or something after they all get here.

Ooooooooo I have this and I love it. Very good weight.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Bread Liar

Geology posted:

I like mine ok, but sometimes they won't turn off no matter what I do. Maybe I need to do the toothpick reset thing.

This used to drive me mad, so I went onto the Logitech forums and found out that you are supposed to hold the power button for five seconds to power them down. Haven't had a problem since.

Apart from that one thing, I couldn't recommend these headphones enough.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Bape Culture posted:

It's so nice.

Too much cardamom for my taste.
Great for my dad though.

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Visited Detroit friends this weekend, did some shopping in midtown. Click for big.

Got a super-cute pendant necklace:

And a sweatshirt. Same print as the t-shirt below but on a dark blue super soft sweatshirt with the print in white.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Too much cardamom for my taste.
Great for my dad though.

In the Eau Tres Fraiche version?? I found it pretty subtle. I just love the citrus freshness of the whole thing giving way to all the spice and wood. Beaut.

Cuniculous
Apr 23, 2007

kill people burn shit fuck school
Boobs. I've loved this painting for years. Michael Parkes is fantastic. And AllPosters is having a 40% off sale!

Henchman 21
Apr 3, 2005

HENCH 4 LIFE

Halloween is going to be awesome this year

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

This cost an absolutely shameful amount of money, but I needed new foundation and powder, more neutral eyeshadow before I burn through Laced, Armor and Echo Beach in my Vice palette from wearing them every single day, and gently caress it I wanted the Electric palette. More neon eyeshadow for everyone!

I would have also gotten the Naked contouring palette, but they were out.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

All Uncanny X-Men issues but 2. 126 comics for about $54 bucks figuring taxes and replacement bags. Doing some rough math at an average of $4 an issue, that was 90% off. My local comic shop has a "fill a box" deal for $45, so I might go back and buy a second box.

I will now accept all your wedgies.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer

IUG posted:

All Uncanny X-Men issues but 2. 126 comics for about $54 bucks figuring taxes and replacement bags. Doing some rough math at an average of $4 an issue, that was 90% off. My local comic shop has a "fill a box" deal for $45, so I might go back and buy a second box.

Whats your local comic book shop, I want to come do that.

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Blendy posted:

Lousy shipping was nearly as much as those two items combined.

after you've had the coffee, that would be usable as a craft beer vessel from bars. Squealer IIRC - 32oz.

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

FredLordofCheese posted:

Bike tech has changed pretty significantly in the last 15 years, you might be surprised at what you can do now! Plus every time you go up the hill you get a little better.

I started biking 2 miles to work last year and it would take 15+ minutes, now I can do my 6 mile commute in just over 18 minutes. I also lost more than 2 inches on my waist and fit into a bunch of pants I thought were gone forever.

Content:
Got my fiancee a Nomiku sous vide machine at the beginning of the month. I need to bike more to work off all the delicious food I have been eating.

We just had 24 hour slow cooked pork shoulder yesterday and it was jaw droppingly good. We made 10 lbs and shared with friends.
http://www.nomiku.com/

For the hefty price tag, would you recommend one? I've been thinking about doing something with a rice cooker and a PID, as I have two on hand at the moment.

So does the Nomiku heat as well as circulate the water? because if it does that's justification enough for me to not pull one of my fermenting fridges apart from my brewing setup.

Out of 10, what would you give it?

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

McSpergin posted:

For the hefty price tag, would you recommend one? I've been thinking about doing something with a rice cooker and a PID, as I have two on hand at the moment.

So does the Nomiku heat as well as circulate the water? because if it does that's justification enough for me to not pull one of my fermenting fridges apart from my brewing setup.

From the recommendation of the Sous veni, sous vide, sous vizzle thread, they recommended the Anova since it is a bit cheaper and performs just as well. I've also done some research that usually have the Anova tied with the Nomiku or slightly better. YMMV.

Blendy
Jun 18, 2007

She thinks I'm a haughty!

McSpergin posted:

after you've had the coffee, that would be usable as a craft beer vessel from bars. Squealer IIRC - 32oz.

Yeah it's a standard growler. SADLY I have gout and I'm not supposed to consume much alcohol :( Incidentally it's why I'm starting to drink coffee since there's some reports that link coffee consumption to lower rates of gout flare ups. GOUT SUCKS DO NOT GET GOUT.

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe

McSpergin posted:

Only if you were going to drink it right away - i've had terrible luck with screw-top beer containers, they leak CO2 way too fast.

FredLordofCheese
Aug 16, 2005

Hey there, here's your pizza, may I ask why you are wearing that sheer robe?

McSpergin posted:

I got it on a discount, so it was worth it to me, so far I would rate it 9.5 out of 10. Everything cooked so far has been fantastic, the only sort of annoying thing is that its hard to clean if you have hard water. I gotta take pictures of the food but I keep forgetting to do it before I eat it.

If I had to pay full price I would probably get the Anova.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Flaggy posted:

Whats your local comic book shop, I want to come do that.

I'm in CT, so chances are my LCBS isn't your LCBS.
( https://www.facebook.com/AHerosLegacyComicsCollectibles )

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

IUG posted:

I'm in CT, so chances are my LCBS isn't your LCBS.
( https://www.facebook.com/AHerosLegacyComicsCollectibles )

Oh poo poo, I should check em out. I used to go to Fables in Southington until they closed. :(

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

FAT SLAMPIG posted:

Oh poo poo, I should check em out. I used to go to Fables in Southington until they closed. :(

Hell yeah, we probably crossed paths a few times then. I also shopped there until they closed. I then shopped at Eye Opener in Newington until I moved to Manchester. A Hero's Legacy does some kind of sale every other weekend, but this weekend's sale was insane. I almost went back for a second box of comics today.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

IUG posted:

Hell yeah, we probably crossed paths a few times then. I also shopped there until they closed. I then shopped at Eye Opener in Newington until I moved to Manchester. A Hero's Legacy does some kind of sale every other weekend, but this weekend's sale was insane. I almost went back for a second box of comics today.

I thought the owner of Fables was going to turn it around- he had to stop ordering comics for a bit after being screwed over by a special order. I came in a couple of months after that to see the place packed and kids playing pokemon in the back, and was happy that the dude was ordering comics and doing ok again. A month later it was cleared out. :(

Isn't there another shop down on Queen St in Southington too?

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

No idea. As I said I moved to Manchester so I'm not in that area anymore.

(It's too bad the CT thread in LAN closed due to inactivity.)

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

IUG posted:

No idea. As I said I moved to Manchester so I'm not in that area anymore.

(It's too bad the CT thread in LAN closed due to inactivity.)

Ah well, here's some actual content:

Got it for PS4, looks insanely good so far. Gonna Bills so hard.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

IUG posted:

How odd that you chose to show the only Uncanny X-Men that I own.
And the cover fell off :(

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Bread Liar

Is that NFL 2215, where you use psychic powers?

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
Finally got my fat rear end off the couch and started going to the gym, so I figured I'd get some shoes specifically for working out. :buddy:

Adidas Primeknit 2.0

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Gorilla Salad posted:

Is that NFL 2215, where you use psychic powers?

Jedi League Football

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

mad.radhu posted:

Only if you were going to drink it right away - i've had terrible luck with screw-top beer containers, they leak CO2 way too fast.

There are a few products out there that put a CO2 tap onto a growler. Here's one:
http://growltap.com/

Personally, I just drink the whole thing in a short amount of time, but to each his own.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

QuasiQuack posted:

Finally got my fat rear end off the couch and started going to the gym, so I figured I'd get some shoes specifically for working out. :buddy:

Adidas Primeknit 2.0

Are you in the UK? These aren't popping up on US sites, Amazon & Adidas :(

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee

colas posted:

Are you in the UK? These aren't popping up on US sites, Amazon & Adidas :(

I'm in Norway, but you're probably having trouble finding them because they're an old model from last year. I bought them in a regular sporting goods store myself. There might be some left at outlets though.

There's a new model released this year that might be easier to find if you're into it. I'm not a big fan though. (I also wanted the regular adizero sole with less cushioning so they're useable for weightlifting as well)

Edit: Heads up for UK goons. I just noticed the 2.0 and 3.0 models are on sale at 50% off right now on adidas.co.uk if anyone's interrested.

QuasiQuack has a new favorite as of 15:24 on Aug 26, 2014

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Oh, less cushioning? Are they similar to a Nike Free or minimal runner? I wanna try Adidas, I've never ran in them.

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
They're minimals yeah. And probably very similar to Nike's Free line, especially the flyknits.
They also made some models with a Boost sole for those who want more cushioning but still want the minimal feel.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Been a while since we had any gun parts posted... 13" BCM KMR handguard.

JointHorse
Feb 7, 2005

Lusus naturę et exaltabitur cor eius.

Yams Fan
Got a surprise today at the post office when I found out that the package I picked up wasn't the one with my new radio amateur stuff, but was actually the previous order (which I already got a refund on :psyduck:) that got repeatedly sent back for "security reasons" aka "can't send lithium ion batteries in planes". Thanks dealextreme!

Also bought this cheap airbrush/compressor set from Lidl

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

:getin:

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

So either you're looking to piss people off about the mismatch of team/sponsor/player/number, or you're looking to piss people off about about Dubai, MCFC, and Ronaldo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Griffith86
Jun 19, 2008

Xenoletum posted:

So either you're looking to piss people off about the mismatch of team/sponsor/player/number, or you're looking to piss people off about about Dubai, MCFC, and Ronaldo?

That's the 2014-2015 Real Madrid shirt... there is nothing mismatched or off about it.

http://www.footyheadlines.com/2013/12/exclusive-new-real-madrid-14-15-away.html