Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
IDP-Only League still needs at least one more owner. One more would put us at 12, but I'd love to get three and lock it at 14. Draft is this Sunday at 9:30 ET.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
8 Team League

I have...

QB: Drew Brees
QB: Aaron Rodgers
WR: Larry Fitzgerald
WR: Wes Welker
WR: Alshon Jeffrey
RB: Alfred Morris
RB: Ben Tate
TE: Jason Witten
W/R/T: Reggie Bush
K: Crosby
DEF: Cincinnati

BN: Tom Brady
BN: Mike Evans
BN: Josh Gordon
BN: Ray Rice
BN: Darren Sproles
BN: Hakeem Nicks

I'm thinking of trading Brady and Bush for Adrian Peterson and Jay Cutler. Yay? Possible?

Not a PPR League, 6 points TD.

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
You aren't going to get the best player in the league for an undraftable QB and Reggie loving Bush

Edit: didn't realise it was 2QB but surely no one would accept that.

Deer_fire
Jul 30, 2003

Gatts posted:

I'm thinking of trading Brady and Bush for Adrian Peterson and Jay Cutler. Yay? Possible?

Yeah sure, go for it. I dunno though, the guy getting Brady and Bush looks like the pretty clear winner there.

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

I'm drafting 9th / 10 in a few days. So far doing mock drafts, Charles, McCoy, ADP, Forte, Lacy, Lynch, Megatron, Peyton, and Graham are most commonly taken as the first 8. So that leaves me with the option of taking a mid-RB1 (almost always Murray) and elite WR (DT/Dez/AJ/Julio/Marshall) or taking two top WR1s and ending up with just-okay starting RBs like Gerhart/Gore. I feel like I should still go with the RB/WR strategy for my first and second picks since it's looking harder to get a quality Bell Cow RB this year with more RBBCs, but maybe two top WRs could make up for the points deficit.

Opinions on which way I should go?

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
In my 10 man league, drafting from the 9th spot, I got Le'Veon Bell....in the sixth round. Nobody wanted him, but I'll happily take a flyer on him in the 6th. I did a mock with goons a couple of months ago where he was my first round pick.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Yeah, jesus. I'd hardly call Bell in the 6th "a flyer"

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I've said it before and I'll say it again: goons are the hardest to draft against.

The summer slow drafts are like finely tuning my skills to go out and fight a bunch of literal morons.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Spoeank posted:

I've said it before and I'll say it again: goons are the hardest to draft against.

The summer slow drafts are like finely tuning my skills to go out and fight a bunch of literal morons.

I haven't really mocked aside from our slow drafts and I feel like I got way more work in with you guys than ficking around on FFC.

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost

89 posted:

In my 10 man league, drafting from the 9th spot, I got Le'Veon Bell....in the sixth round. Nobody wanted him, but I'll happily take a flyer on him in the 6th. I did a mock with goons a couple of months ago where he was my first round pick.

Who did you take in the rounds prior that you let him fall that far?

Spoeank posted:

The cheating draft is going to be quite interesting.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Soothing Vapors posted:

Agreed to join a co-worker's private keeper league. Two keepers, PPR. Can't keep last year's first or second round picks. I was offered two teams:

-Team 1: Can keep Montee Ball for a 5th. No other valid/worthwhile keepers.
-Team 2: Can keep Alshon Jeffrey for an 11th and Toby Gerhart for a 13th.

The decision is already made and I'm going to second-guess myself forever either way, but I'm curious which team you guys would have picked.

Yikes. I would have gone with team 2 from a value proposition. But my heart would be screaming for the first.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

old dog child posted:

Well that sure worked out last year. Actually, I was just making a joke but it actually works two ways: Patterson was better than Jennings last year AND Wallace was crap even though he was supposed to be targeted a ton by that guy they supposedly call a QB

Tannehill was on his back like a discount whore. His line was, and still is, a problem.

What good are those deep MIA receivers when the quarterback won't have time to throw?

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Suave Fedora posted:

Tannehill was on his back like a discount whore. His line was, and still is, a problem.

What good are those deep MIA receivers when the quarterback won't have time to throw?

But a couple dudes on espn like Tannehill this year and I gambled too much and got stuck with him in two leagues, so I am 100% buying the hype, Tannehill will throw 4500 yards and 40 TDs bank on it.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Aredna posted:

I thought I was going to be Smart As Hell last year and completely defy the Beer Sheets. I got stomped so hard.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah

Kloaked00 posted:

I'm drafting 9th / 10 in a few days. So far doing mock drafts, Charles, McCoy, ADP, Forte, Lacy, Lynch, Megatron, Peyton, and Graham are most commonly taken as the first 8. So that leaves me with the option of taking a mid-RB1 (almost always Murray) and elite WR (DT/Dez/AJ/Julio/Marshall) or taking two top WR1s and ending up with just-okay starting RBs like Gerhart/Gore. I feel like I should still go with the RB/WR strategy for my first and second picks since it's looking harder to get a quality Bell Cow RB this year with more RBBCs, but maybe two top WRs could make up for the points deficit.

Opinions on which way I should go?

That's just a hard spot in 10-mans this year it seems, but I wouldn't recommend upside-down drafting in a competitive 10-man, particularly if it's just 2WR and one flex. You can just wait all day for WRs and pull in value that people overlook. The first two rounds will feel ugly, but it feels much better from there on out.

Just for fun, I did two quick sims on fantasypros from 9/10 in a 2WR 2RB 1Flex.

Here's what I got from WR-WR:

1.9 Demaryius Thomas, Den
2.2 Dez Bryant, Dal
3.9 Ryan Mathews, SD
4.2 Toby Gerhart, Jac
5.9 Frank Gore, SF
6.2 Matthew Stafford, Det
7.9 Jordan Cameron, Cle
8.2 Torrey Smith, Bal
9.9 Mike Wallace, Mia
10.2 Knowshon Moreno, Mia
11.9 Eric Decker, NYJ
12.2 Christine Michael, Sea
13.9 Russell Wilson, Sea
14.2 New England Patriots, NE
15.9 Adam Vinatieri, Ind

and Here's what I got from RB-RB:

1.9 DeMarco Murray, Dal
2.2 Giovani Bernard, Cin
3.9 Zac Stacy, StL
4.2 Julius Thomas, Den
5.9 Matthew Stafford, Det
6.2 Michael Floyd, Ari
7.9 Percy Harvin, Sea
8.2 Torrey Smith, Bal
9.9 Kendall Wright, Ten
10.2 Marques Colston, NO
11.9 Terrance Williams, Dal
(I wouldn't recommend actually doing this, I just wanted to show how late WRs go in 10-man)
12.2 Mark Ingram, NO
13.9 Lance Dunbar, Dal
14.2 Cincinnati Bengals, Cin
15.9 Nick Novak, SD

Upside-down gets you 2 top-5 WRs, but an RB1 somewhere in the 13-17 range, and an RB2 somewhere in the 15-20 range. Gore et al is probable for flex. You have to pass on all elite QBs and TEs (Stafford and Cameron here was really lucky - it's about the best you could hope for there).

RB-RB gets you two top-10 RBs (in this case I lucked out and got 3 top-10 RBs, but don't expect that against humans), an elite TE/QB/WR, and productive wide receivers for days.

Leaving Dez on the board in the 2nd round can feel really painful, and I think upside-down can work in 12-man this year, but with 9th of 10, I like the look of RB-RB better.

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
Currently in a draft where Ahmad Bradshaw went in the 3rd round. Life is good.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

Aredna posted:

1st: Megatron
2nd: Brandon Marshall
3rd: Zac Stacy
4th: Roddy White (we play 3 WRs)
5th: Nick Foles
6th: Le'Veon Bell
7th: Emmanuel Sanders

I am god.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

89 posted:

1st: Megatron
2nd: Brandon Marshall
3rd: Zac Stacy
4th: Roddy White (we play 3 WRs)
5th: Nick Foles
6th: Le'Veon Bell
7th: Emmanuel Sanders

I am god.

Bell in the 6th? That's just crazy.

fariz
Nov 10, 2009

You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.
Aaaand the first veto of the season is in. Husband and wife traded Gronk (29th pick) for Desean Jackson (62nd pick) the day after the draft. 40% of the league voted to veto due to assumed collusion. I am now getting angry text messages from both sides. Thoughts?

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
That's not overt collusion I don't think. DeSean Jackson was pretty hot last year even if he's likely to decline this year. Gronk is a substantial injury risk. How closely do they follow football?

fariz
Nov 10, 2009

You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.
Him extremely, her through him about anything not involving Pittsburgh

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Who got Gronk?

fariz
Nov 10, 2009

Him.

e: she kept graham, and drafted gronk with her second pick

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
I don't think it even matters who got who. Gronk is a huge injury risk, but he's also the clear #2 TE in fantasy and is a 2nd rounder, with a potential ceiling of being #1 in a top-heavy position. DeSean might have a decent year but he's like a 4th/5th round pick and is the 20-25th best WR.

Personally I'd veto/uphold the veto as it's the kind of trade that might win the team getting Gronk the league. I hate veto'ing trades just for being bad because if someone's dumb enough to make a bad trade they should be allowed to, but in this case it's kind of a bit much. I mean, would the team getting DeSean even start him?

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
If she had both Graham and Gronk it seems pretty legit to trade Gronk away, though she didn't get great return. I'd hesitate before labeling this collusion.

Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

fariz posted:

Aaaand the first veto of the season is in. Husband and wife traded Gronk (29th pick) for Desean Jackson (62nd pick) the day after the draft. 40% of the league voted to veto due to assumed collusion. I am now getting angry text messages from both sides. Thoughts?

Veto that poo poo! It is too early to be making a trade like that.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Fantasypros expert consensus rankings have a range between 13 - 81 for Gronk, and 35-94 for Desean; average rankings 35 and 54, respectively. They are both high variance players. Going by the average ranking, is a 19 spot difference really enough for collusion? I guess if it was Alfred Morris for Lesean McCoy yeah, obviously. But what about Torey Smith for Keenan Allen? Ray Rice for Victor Cruz? Chris Johnson for C.J. Spiller? Those are pretty comparable rating differentials for the Gronk/DeSean trade.

Deer_fire
Jul 30, 2003

Kazak_Hstan posted:

If she had both Graham and Gronk it seems pretty legit to trade Gronk away, though she didn't get great return. I'd hesitate before labeling this collusion.

I'm not a big fan of veto'ing trades that are even remotely defensible but this one is pretty bad. I mean if you kept Graham from the year before and couldn't start 2 TE, why on earth would you take Gronk in round 2... only to then turn around and trade him for a 5-6th rounder in Jackson?

If it was just straight up, I'd say whatever, but given the context I think it's pretty fair to call collusion on that.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
I think there is a straight-face argument for vetoing, but I wouldn't.

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
That's way better than the trade we let through in our league.

4DT traded Calvin Johnson, Det WR to Big
4DT traded Vincent Jackson, TB WR to Big
4DT traded Heath Miller, Pit TE to Big
4DT traded Devonta Freeman, Atl RB to Big

Big traded C.J. Spiller, Buf RB to 4DT
Big traded Justin Hunter, Ten WR to 4DT
Big traded Marques Colston, NO WR to 4DT
Big traded Eric Ebron, Det TE to 4DT

4DT argument was that since we're auction dynasty now he wanted a bunch of players he might be able to keep cheap. We all think he's a moron, but he does a horrible trade every year. You could call it collusion, but he's done it with different people each time.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Kazak_Hstan posted:

Fantasypros expert consensus rankings have a range between 13 - 81 for Gronk, and 35-94 for Desean; average rankings 35 and 54, respectively. They are both high variance players. Going by the average ranking, is a 19 spot difference really enough for collusion? I guess if it was Alfred Morris for Lesean McCoy yeah, obviously. But what about Torey Smith for Keenan Allen? Ray Rice for Victor Cruz? Chris Johnson for C.J. Spiller? Those are pretty comparable rating differentials for the Gronk/DeSean trade.

Gronk's average rating or ADP are kind of pointless metrics though. Everyone understands that he's the second-best TE in fantasy behind Graham, with a potentially ridiculous ceiling if he stays healthy. That's a pretty big if obviously, but you're still trading that potential when you give him up for the 20th-best WR.

keldegar
Sep 27, 2004

what, you don't like pizza?
Ya'll are lucky. My Patterson / Sanders / Shonn Greene trade got vetoed lol ... Pretty speechless.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

VDay posted:

Gronk's average rating or ADP are kind of pointless metrics though. Everyone understands that he's the second-best TE in fantasy behind Graham, with a potentially ridiculous ceiling if he stays healthy. That's a pretty big if obviously, but you're still trading that potential when you give him up for the 20th-best WR.

If he was the hands down second best tight end and you could rely on Graham level performance he would not be going mid to late thirties. Risk has to be a big consideration. If upside alone was the dominant consideration Josh Gordon would not be going in round 12+, Arian Foster wouldn't be going behind WRs, etc.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Aredna posted:

That's way better than the trade we let through in our league.

4DT traded Calvin Johnson, Det WR to Big
4DT traded Vincent Jackson, TB WR to Big
4DT traded Heath Miller, Pit TE to Big
4DT traded Devonta Freeman, Atl RB to Big

Big traded C.J. Spiller, Buf RB to 4DT
Big traded Justin Hunter, Ten WR to 4DT
Big traded Marques Colston, NO WR to 4DT
Big traded Eric Ebron, Det TE to 4DT

4DT argument was that since we're auction dynasty now he wanted a bunch of players he might be able to keep cheap. We all think he's a moron, but he does a horrible trade every year. You could call it collusion, but he's done it with different people each time.

There's no way in hell I'd let that trade through in either of the league I am commissioner of.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Kazak_Hstan posted:

If he was the hands down second best tight end and you could rely on Graham level performance he would not be going mid to late thirties. Risk has to be a big consideration. If upside alone was the dominant consideration Josh Gordon would not be going in round 12+, Arian Foster wouldn't be going behind WRs, etc.

I don't see what Josh Gordon has to do with anything, but Arian Foster's ADP on ESPN is like 13. It's not like he's falling to the 4th round because of injury concerns.

If Gronk has the kind of year that he's capable of then he's easily the #2 TE and is probably separated from every other TE not named Graham by a mile. The dude has something like 42 TDs in 50 career games. That is a potentially crazy week-to-week advantage. Saying that he's totally only worth a 4th or 5th round WR is the exact type of crap you try to feed to the guy you're trying to trade with. If you're trying to trade for him than you've obviously accepted that injury risk, so if it's not a factor to you then how can you use it to justify lowering Gronk's value?

Basically, it's the same type of 'Hey that player is totally awful. I can take him off your hands if you want...' bullshit that every fantasy owner tries to pull whenever they try to steal a player from a less knowledgeable owner.

VDay fucked around with this message at 10:38 on Aug 26, 2014

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

fariz posted:

I don't think this trade should be vetoed. If she has Graham and Gronk and wants to trade Gronk for a better reciever thats okayish. Last year we vetoed

Bowe/E. Manning for Dalton/Dwayne Allen because everyone thought Bowe was a WR2 and the QBs are about equal. In the end it cost the Manning owner, who we thought was giving up, a chance to get into the playoffs.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

fariz posted:

It may not be collusion; but what I assume happened is Husband argued w Wife that she wasn't going to get much use out of Gronk, already having Graham, and convinced her that the trade was for her benefit. She may be completely on board with that.

However, it is a total dick move by Husband, and the fact he's doing it the day after the draft is obviously going to make the rest of the league think collusion, and he shouldn't have even considered doing it.

I'd veto it not out of collusion, but rather spousal abuse.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
My wife and I have a no-trade rule for any leagues we play in together.

This arrangement has worked out spectacularly ever since "the incident".

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.
Was just offered ertz for my sproles straight up. Not sure what to think.

My other rbs: Peterson, Martin, Pierre Thomas, Jeremy Hill, Jonathan Grimes.

My te: kelce

Obviously I could use an upgrade at tight end, but I'm not really sure that ertz provides much more value than just streaming tight ends throughout the year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
Ertz is probably available or was picked at the bottom of most drafts this weekend. You'd be giving up considerable value by trading Sproles for Ertz.

• Locked thread