Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
Is it a good or a bad thing they didn't bring over Mandora Boy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

A very bad thing. If you excise Mandora Boy, you also excise his song about the magicians of the colours. And that is inexcuseable.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

A very bad thing. If you excise Mandora Boy, you also excise his song about the magicians of the colours. And that is inexcuseable.

Agreed. I'm also so disappointed that they didn't bother with the various Sentai dances.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Morby posted:

I'm so thrilled about this new team. I've been wanting a black pink ranger since I was 7!

It blows my mind that there hasn't been a black female ranger in over ten years.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Morby posted:

Agreed. I'm also so disappointed that they didn't bother with the various Sentai dances.

American children are simply too obese to dance. Power Rangers could start off small, though, like maybe have the Dino Charge cast encourage today's youth to hop in their scooters when they want a case of Four Loko instead of shrilly berating their parents to bring it now or else they'll tell the teacher daddy touches them after lights out.

I would say "one step at a time," but given how hideously fat American children are, we have to work up to even that.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Bring back Walter Jones and Hip Hop Kido.

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

http://www.powerrangerslegacycollection.com/

:stare:

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

That's been available for a while. But hey, it's on sale for only $500. That's less than a dollar per epiosde!

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Anyone wanna loan me $500? I need that thing in my life soooo bad.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
As cool as that case is, the entire series is on Netflix right this second.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
Yeah, unless those were the Masters pressed onto Blu-Ray it just is not worth it.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If the helmet were one of the six original helmets instead of just the red one, I think that would be way cooler. They'd sell tons of Tommys, but I'd really just want a Blue Ranger one.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

JT Smiley posted:

As cool as that case is, the entire series is on Netflix right this second.

But the special features, man!

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
For 500 dollars they should let me pick the helmet and have it be big enough to wear. :colbert:

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

Solaris Knight posted:

For 500 dollars they should let me pick the helmet and have it be big enough to wear. :colbert:

Why would you want to wear a replica helmet with a bunch of holes in the back?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
let the record show, Robot Ranger is a terrible episode of Power Rangers.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

jivjov posted:

let the record show, Robot Ranger is a terrible episode of Power Rangers.

It's a fun episode with a story that keeps you guessing all the way. One of the better episodes of Turbo. :colbert:

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Liar Lyre posted:

It's a fun episode with a story that keeps you guessing all the way. One of the better episodes of Turbo. :colbert:

Evil Pizzas. :colbert:

:v:

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

For as much of a bad rep that episode gets, it's actually alright. It's incredibly goofy and memorable. Hard to say for a lot of other episodes.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Yeah, the pizza one is pretty good, especially in comparison to Robot Ranger.

Pizza episode just embraced the sillyness and rolled with it. Robot Ranger set up a plotline and a genuinely spooky concept and completely undermined itself and fuzzled out like a wet fart.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
Hello everyone, I am reporting back from Power Morphicon. The Weekend was a blast.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

I keep meaning to fix my computer and join you guys for the Phantom Ranger arc, but there's never a good time :sigh:

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

mateo360 posted:

Hello everyone, I am reporting back from Power Morphicon. The Weekend was a blast.

Did you see this guy? (from the PYF Cosplay thread)

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Liar Lyre posted:

No Alpha 5, F-

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!

greatn posted:

No Alpha 5, F-

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Why would Rita make alpha grow? Come on man, think!

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

greatn posted:

Why would Rita make alpha grow? Come on man, think!

Would you want a giant Alpha in your secret command center busting up the place by being 20 feet tall?

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Better that than Awkwardly Racist Alpha 6.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

Alpha 6 was one of the worst mistakes the show ever did

I think people would treat Turbo better if you replaced Zordon with Dimitria and kept Alpha 5 or vice versa, but both of them together is too much bad writing for any sane person to take.

Ninjasaurus
Feb 11, 2014

This is indeed a disturbing universe.
I've seen every episode of MMPR and Zeo but nothing from Turbo. I made a good decision, based on everything I've read about that season.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Ninjasaurus posted:

I've seen every episode of MMPR and Zeo but nothing from Turbo. I made a good decision, based on everything I've read about that season.

With Burk unable to record with us, I've been watching every episode of Turbo, and the count thus far as been 23 decent-to-awesome episodes with only 2 real bad stinkers so far. Maybe the latter part of the season is just absolutely terrible...but its not a bad season overall.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

Liar Lyre posted:

yes I did, that was an awesome cosplay.

I on the other hand am very cheap and went with a hat, shirt and morpher

EX: Yuuta and me

Austin and me

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

jivjov posted:

With Burk unable to record with us, I've been watching every episode of Turbo, and the count thus far as been 23 decent-to-awesome episodes with only 2 real bad stinkers so far. Maybe the latter part of the season is just absolutely terrible...but its not a bad season overall.

I always thought people found the first half of Turbo with the veteran rangers to be the part that was awful and the part with the new rangers actually improved the season.

Personally I didn't think Turbo was that bad. Its schlocky as hell and that's what I enjoy out of Power Rangers.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
When I was a kid, I saw the Turbo movie and like two episodes of Turbo and and said "cars? Screw this." Then I stopped watching Power Rangers altogether.

Really the only seasons I've seen are MMPR, large chunks of Zeo, and RPM. I should really try the other seasons sometime but... that's a lot of episodes. I did try to watch a few episodes of Samurai, but I really couldn't get past the hokey plotting, characterization, and acting immediately after seeing RPM.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Jsor posted:

When I was a kid, I saw the Turbo movie and like two episodes of Turbo and and said "cars? Screw this." Then I stopped watching Power Rangers altogether.

Really the only seasons I've seen are MMPR, large chunks of Zeo, and RPM. I should really try the other seasons sometime but... that's a lot of episodes. I did try to watch a few episodes of Samurai, but I really couldn't get past the hokey plotting, characterization, and acting immediately after seeing RPM.

Here are the first 15 episodes of Samurai Sentai Shinkenger (translated by a not poo poo group) for your viewing pleasure.

Seriously watch it. For as mediocre as Power Rangers: Samurai is Shinkenger is very good.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

RMZXAnarchy posted:

I always thought people found the first half of Turbo with the veteran rangers to be the part that was awful and the part with the new rangers actually improved the season.

Personally I didn't think Turbo was that bad. Its schlocky as hell and that's what I enjoy out of Power Rangers.

I really enjoyed the old team half of Turbo...the actual handoff was horrifically lazily done, but I'm enjoying the new team as well (even if Selwyn Ward really needs some time to catch his stride int he ADR department.)

Ninjasaurus
Feb 11, 2014

This is indeed a disturbing universe.

jivjov posted:

I really enjoyed the old team half of Turbo...the actual handoff was horrifically lazily done, but I'm enjoying the new team as well (even if Selwyn Ward really needs some time to catch his stride int he ADR department.)

Was the handoff executed better or worse than Jason/Trini/Zack to Rocky/Aisha/Adam?

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

It wasn't nearly as "let's just use stock footage of the outgoing actors, since they walked out on us suddenly". Tommy & Co. went around, peering creepily into people's windows and being like "hey dude I just met this episode, you're totally going to be the new Red Ranger."

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Ninjasaurus posted:

Was the handoff executed better or worse than Jason/Trini/Zack to Rocky/Aisha/Adam?

Ashley and Carlos were introduced several episodes before the switch, rarely seen in between. Cassie and TJ were introduced in part 1 of the 2 parter "Passing the Torch". The dilemma of finding the replacements was introduced in part 2. Yeah, very rushed. At least the replacements made a bit of sense, having the originals and replacements interacting before hand. Except for Tanya and Ashley never meeting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

It wasn't nearly as "let's just use stock footage of the outgoing actors, since they walked out on us suddenly". Tommy & Co. went around, peering creepily into people's windows and being like "hey dude I just met this episode, you're totally going to be the new Red Ranger."

Stock footage AND Bad sound-alikes.

I think I prefer Power Transfer only because we got JYB out of the bargain.

Though all the ranger switch-ups (Including Different Shade of Pink) are way better than Aisha's "Gonna go help animals in Africa of the past, later Zordon." thing in Hogday Afternoon 2.