Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus
So what fun things are there to do in squads in this game?

I'm currently a level 15 Raptor.

Are thumpers any fun with groups? Tower defence is usually interesting and the ore and crystals is handy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

If any of you have played FEAR, it had a giant fuckoff anti-armor cannon weapon in it, and something like that could work perfectly as a dread gun.
Sort of like the giant recoilless mentioned before - though less oriented towards sniping, and more like an anti-aircraft gun.

Relatively slow firing, high damage, medium explosive size with fast projectiles that are unaffected by gravity.
Heck, you could even make them airburst within a certain distance of enemies, or make that the secondary ability - lase for a range, and then all of your projectiles explode at that distance?

Would give the dread some options at higher range, though it might verge into territory the Tigerclaw or even Raptor fill now.

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!

xxEightxx posted:

How does anyone play the tigerclaw, is the fusion canon a nono or something? Maybe it's all the events and not having the aoe of my firecat to nuke crowds, but I just can't figure out how to play it.

AOE Mod your Fusion Cannon. You can get the default shot to be larger than the default Plasma Cannon shot which will make it a little more forgiving to aim and at the same time give massive boosts to the Alt-Fire pushing it up to like 10m splash with high-end gear. You can rope up a bunch of mobs in a 10m area and hit them really hard. It gives the Tigerclaw some excellent AOE damage while retaining the really high single target damage for picking off the tankier mobs.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

ErrantSystems posted:

Any ideas? I think we mentioned some sort of bee-HMG in the thread before, but non-goony ideas are fine too. I don't have a ton of attachment to any particular weapon since I don't even have a dread frame at 40.

Well there was supposed to be the Magnum Dreadnaught, you could devise a giant six-round handcannon.

I think a (Bee) poison style lmg would be awesome though. Prefferably one where you shoot at a target, and it doesn't deal any damage until you let go of the attack button, then it hits them for massive poison damage all at once.

Thor-Stryker fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Aug 25, 2014

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Eruption rounds don't sound very good compared to artillery but I nearly charged it so I might as well try them out.

:vince:

Mr Fahrenheit
Dec 10, 2010

Travelin' at the speed of light.

Carecat posted:

Eruption rounds don't sound very good compared to artillery but I nearly charged it so I might as well try them out.

:vince:

Just imagine Eruption Rounds on an R36 :getin:

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread
What if you have it shoot out a series of stingers / harpoons that grab all enemies in a cone, pull them too you, stun and poison them. It would be similar to the ability some of the chosen have already, and it would work well with the dread frames close up fighting style and AOE abilities.

Or maybe this is more of an ability than a gun, now that I think about it.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

I am loving the Raptor class but the missions do not like me at all.

A majority of them seem to involve me provoking a set beacon only to have enemies spawn on top of me or around me while I'm inside a building.

This is followed by Benny Hill Music and me kiting them around the zone as I duck behind cover to recharge health. Then take pot shots at them until they run out of people.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Meanwhile does anyone know where I can find the recipe for the green flare?

the item databases haven't been of any use.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

Apple Craft posted:

To all of you "get on mumble" Goons, please be understanding that there are some of us that cannot do that for various reasons. Voice chat simply cannot be the answer to everything.

I was actually fired up to quote this and agree, because the quick short quests in this game do sort of make it a nice game to just play here and there, and doesn't really require you to jump into "raid mode", especially if you are married/have kids like some of us.

but..

xxEightxx posted:

You don't have to chat, 99% of the time I don't. But listening helps and having your name in that window does as well.

That's a really good point. I suppose I will do that, when I get a chance to play later this week. Good call.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong

Zephyrine posted:

Meanwhile does anyone know where I can find the recipe for the green flare?

the item databases haven't been of any use.

Is it not here? I'm on mobile and can't search, I would be interested in this as well since flooding areas with flares is vital to my immersion.

http://firefall-wiki.com/w/Recipe_Unlocks

Ibanez Murderface
Mar 7, 2005

#!/bin/bash
I am really enjoying Engineer. However, every time I see a Bastion with his turret army I get kind of disheartened...oh well, level 21!

Ass_Burgerer
Dec 3, 2010

Haha, was that me you saw in trans hug just a little while ago? Sorry.

Just get you're engineer to 30 (bastion needs this perk), turn all crystite into credits, and save up for bastion on the market. By the time you hit 30 you should be able to afford it. Then you can be a turretlord like me!

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Salad Prong

Ass_Burgerer posted:

Haha, was that me you saw in trans hug just a little while ago? Sorry.

Just get you're engineer to 30 (bastion needs this perk), turn all crystite into credits, and save up for bastion on the market. By the time you hit 30 you should be able to afford it. Then you can be a turretlord like me!

You get 500 credits for taking one of the event stimulants, which can be done once a day I think?

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!

xxEightxx posted:

You get 500 credits for taking one of the event stimulants, which can be done once a day I think?

Yes. There's no timer that shows up telling you when you're able to take it again so make sure to remember it.

JonusRockweller
Jul 3, 2013

Inimicul posted:

Yes. There's no timer that shows up telling you when you're able to take it again so make sure to remember it.
I noticed that about the 24 hour Day5+ Bonus as well, rather annoying, especially with a perfect place to slap the timer right on its giant greyed out circle.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

So was XP in Broken Penis stealth nerfed? Or just some note somewhere that I missed?

It seems like the shared team-XP thing is no longer so viable as it used to be.

Back when I was grinding my Fly up, it was a constant shower of experience from everything people did in the zone, with huge, generous radii for participation in the PVE events to be found. Now my friend had to struggle to be within 'range' for the XP rewards on things.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Salad Prong

DarkDobe posted:

So was XP in Broken Penis stealth nerfed? Or just some note somewhere that I missed?

It seems like the shared team-XP thing is no longer so viable as it used to be.

Back when I was grinding my Fly up, it was a constant shower of experience from everything people did in the zone, with huge, generous radii for participation in the PVE events to be found. Now my friend had to struggle to be within 'range' for the XP rewards on things.

Yea it got changed relatively recently. Not sure what the constraints are to be honest.

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I see a ship in the harbor
I can and shall obey
But if it wasn't for your misfortune
I'd be a heavenly person today

ErrantSystems posted:

So, I've finally gotten the email that marks the beginning of the weapon design from the resource event:

Any ideas? I think we mentioned some sort of bee-HMG in the thread before, but non-goony ideas are fine too. I don't have a ton of attachment to any particular weapon since I don't even have a dread frame at 40.

A flamethrower of some sort would be awesome. The no direct damage + high damage over time + lasting inferno dash style fire (or poison cloud) trail idea would make for a really unique weapon and gameplay.

I feel like a flak cannon, autoshotgun, or sniper cannon would be a waste, as the game already has weapons that behave functionally like them. Maybe something halfway between the Mammoth's plasma HMG and assault's plasma cannon, but without drop.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Personally I would die for Firecat to get a gun that works like the Chosen Elite Juggernaut gun.
That aoe fire splash is the most 'Firecatty' ability in the entire game, and the frame doesn't even get access.

A flamethrower ability would also be perfect. Plenty of burning-poo poo-alive things that haven't been thoroughly explored, and giving them to Dread would be a strange choice.

Dread already murders people at close range - and I think they could do with more ranged option. A missile pod maybe? Like the bike rockets, but guided by a secondary-fire right click? That could be incredible to see, if it fired something like 20 missiles a clip, all chasing your laser pointer and mashing dudes downrange...

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

xxEightxx posted:

Is it not here? I'm on mobile and can't search, I would be interested in this as well since flooding areas with flares is vital to my immersion.

http://firefall-wiki.com/w/Recipe_Unlocks

Nope no flare recipes on there.

The database has tons of flare colours and even links to recipes but I can't be sure if they're even in game yet.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!

Zephyrine posted:

Nope no flare recipes on there.

The database has tons of flare colours and even links to recipes but I can't be sure if they're even in game yet.

I just verified with some devs. They're not in game. They were put into the database during a PTS push last year but weren't turned on. That database entry has slipped through the cracks patch after patch and now into live. From what I can tell, you're the first person to notice them in a year.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Salad Prong

Inimicul posted:

I just verified with some devs. They're not in game. They were put into the database during a PTS push last year but weren't turned on. That database entry has slipped through the cracks patch after patch and now into live. From what I can tell, you're the first person to notice them in a year.

They are for sale on the market place as well but are all listed as n\a, cant have the box checked that says 'show only available items'

Ibanez Murderface
Mar 7, 2005

#!/bin/bash

xxEightxx posted:

It gives you a giant head, too! I'm also wasting my resources researching run speed cores and laughing at how hosed the game's market is. The Omnidyne grenade launcher secondary is pretty neat, considering how quickly you can farm up the vouchers for it.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Inimicul posted:

Huh.

I do hope they add them. I like the flares and the green ones add a more fitting light to night time events.

They are even listed on the market but only as buy orders as no one has any to sell besides the red ones.

I do appreciate the time you put into this though.

Edit: meanwhile I just saw a bandit camp get cleared by monsters. I didn't have time for a pot shot to tag the event so all that's left now is a data pad I can't loot and a bunch of locked boxes. :v:

Still. Bandits fighting monsters is a nice feature though a bit unpredictable from a balance perspective.

Zephyrine fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Aug 26, 2014

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice
I find it fun to watch the three groups duke it out occasionally. Bandits, Chosen, and Wildlife. Though you are right in that it can break missions.

Musluk
May 23, 2011

xxEightxx posted:

They are for sale on the market place as well but are all listed as n\a, cant have the box checked that says 'show only available items'

So is soaring afterburner, rip in peace.

That just means the items are still in the database, but not available to craft/drop.

JonusRockweller
Jul 3, 2013

Wulfling posted:

I find it fun to watch the three groups duke it out occasionally. Bandits, Chosen, and Wildlife. Though you are right in that it can break missions.

The best mission glitch is when you watch your El Terremoto kick someone else's El Terremoto's rear end. Most I've managed to queue in one spot was three, had no idea which one I actually needed to kill.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
After talking about it in Mumble I became curious if it's likely we'd be able to get 10 goons together for a Kanaloa run some time if we scheduled it here in advance.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
Well I just tried it with a pubbie group. These guys sort of had the right idea as in you get ten guys and start it but the ten guys they picked up were mostly really stupid and three people died without even getting a shot in and it just got worse from there. Groups are pretty hit and miss in general but with the raid bosses I can't be somewhere else and just do it on my own while laughing at all the stupid people.

Finally did it, Titan Tokens are a thing now so it's not a total loss on loot either way.

Morglon fucked around with this message at 13:09 on Aug 27, 2014

RocketSurgeon
Mar 2, 2008
I've grown tired of yelling at pubbies in raids. I'ts a goddamn jetpack game why the hell are you standing still shooting at the most armored part of the boss?

Musluk
May 23, 2011

Welp, less than 10k red beans left on the market.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

I am having some ridiculous bugs since last night.

I can't collect items without relogging.

If I get something in the mail I can collect it but it won't appear until I relog. If I craft something then I have to start the crafting process. The crafting slot is empty but if I relog then it fills up

When the item is complete I then have to relog to acquire it.

Lazer Monkey
Jan 15, 2005

I get that too.

CaptainCanada
Mar 14, 2011

Shto?

Inimicul posted:

After talking about it in Mumble I became curious if it's likely we'd be able to get 10 goons together for a Kanaloa run some time if we scheduled it here in advance.

I'd be down, I need to gear up my recluse a little more before he's viable though

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
Yeah the servers are making GBS threads themselves right now and the market and crafting especially are slow as gently caress.

As for the raids, pick up level 40 blues, you can get a bunch from voucher vendors, the rest comes from drops while doing mission and poo poo, you should easily be able to break 900 power with a few drops and picking up some odds and ends on the market. Don't bother with purples, they're just way too expensive.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Just did my first Tornado. Went into the portal and then came out with 4000 units of iron ore. I have no reason to believe that the other players in there didn't collect close to the same amount. I'm not longer surprised why there's no market for iron in this game.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Salad Prong

CaptainCanada posted:

I'd be down, I need to gear up my recluse a little more before he's viable though

Id be down too, doing it withe pubbies blows when you end up with those four people that need everything.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

Zephyrine posted:

Just did my first Tornado. Went into the portal and then came out with 4000 units of iron ore. I have no reason to believe that the other players in there didn't collect close to the same amount. I'm not longer surprised why there's no market for iron in this game.

I never enter tornados anymore because I would always leave with less than 500 units to show for it. gently caress tornados when you're on a dread frame. Everyone is faster than you, you won't pick up jack poo poo. Stop trying. Thats what I keep telling myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Wulfling posted:

I never enter tornados anymore because I would always leave with less than 500 units to show for it. gently caress tornados when you're on a dread frame. Everyone is faster than you, you won't pick up jack poo poo. Stop trying. Thats what I keep telling myself.

If it's any relief. I'm level 13 and after spending some 15 minutes flying around the place fighting that big thing. I walked away with 3000 xp plus the iron.

But Nighthawk is growing on me. I like the rifle many times more than the Charge Rifle.

• Locked thread