Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which version ya gettin?
This poll is closed.
Duck Hunt Dog 412 18.24%
Duck Hunt Dog 226 10.00%
Duck Hunt Dog 433 19.17%
Waluigi 1188 52.59%
Total: 2259 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Erebus posted:

What do I do with these confused feelings

Suppress them.

Bury them deep inside, with all your hopes and dreams.

It worked in the 50s, it still works today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!
The guy who leaked all of this might still have his 3DS copy of the final game, but he would have no idea how to actually unlock everybody I imagine (or the methods take more time than he's gonna have before his copy is taken), and since it's already hosed him over I doubt he's gonna bother giving us more. He was only doing it to rile up /v/ in the first place. (Which 100% worked, there are so many Smash threads over there now, it's pretty much all Quinnspiracy threads or Smash 4 arguments.)

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Can you imagine losing your job because you wanted to aggravate a group of people on 4chan? Like, where do you got from there? How do you go on living?

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Bicyclops posted:

Can you imagine losing your job because you wanted to aggravate a group of people on 4chan? Like, where do you go from there?

to gay baby jail, presumably

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Bicyclops posted:

Can you imagine losing your job because you wanted to aggravate a group of people on 4chan? Like, where do you got from there? How do you go on living?

Someone made fun of his nephew for saying his uncle worked at Nintendo and sometimes you just gotta take one for the family.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

The guy who snapped the initial photos and videos is probably not the same person as the guy riling up /v/ with them. It sounds like this was being passed around among a small tight-knit circle, until this one guy got ahold of it and ran straight to 4chan.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Reiley posted:

Someone made fun of his nephew for saying his uncle worked at Nintendo and sometimes you just gotta take one for the family.

I legitimately hope this is the case. I want footage of this man standing up in court explaining that this was exactly his reason for doing what he did.

I also want the footage to be blurry, shaky-cam leak quality.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Suspicious Cook posted:

I also want the footage to be blurry, shaky-cam leak quality.

In a swerve, it turns out the footage is actually someone filming their monitor playing a short film they enacted in their mom's living room made to look like a court.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Abroham Lincoln posted:

In a swerve, it turns out the footage is actually someone filming their monitor playing a short film they enacted in their mom's living room made to look like a court.

If you superimpose Reggie's face onto the leaker it turns out that they just touched up a picture of Reggie to look different.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

psych!! who cares about those four, it's ridley time

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I said earlier that amateur 3D modellers could quite easily fake the screenshots, and I stand by that... but this is something else entirely :v:

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Supercar Gautier posted:

The guy who snapped the initial photos and videos is probably not the same person as the guy riling up /v/ with them. It sounds like this was being passed around among a small tight-knit circle, until this one guy got ahold of it and ran straight to 4chan.

That's exactly what happened

Mother loving Leaker (4chan guy) got contacted by the ring and it was found out he had the roster images and that was about it, the ring sent him a cropped image as proof they were in the know and told him to keep it a secret and if he did they'd share more info. MFL then ran straight to 4chan and made the cypher with the cropped image while yelling RIDLEY AND ALL THESE CHARACTERS ARE IN and the group debunked him right away.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Turnus posted:

Final eggy-face status

powerful

I`m updating the Awfulpedia

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

Austrian mook posted:

I`m updating the Awfulpedia

no dont I was only pretending I swear!!!

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

My favorite are the people who are such condescending dicks about it.

Like calling anyone who gives it credence a "stupid idiot retard nerd," or claiming giving credence was like claiming 2 + 2 = 5.

Like, drat, way to be an overbearing rear end in a top hat and wrong at the same time. It is indeed hilarious.

I was hoping it'd be true, just because of how dumb some people were being about it. And now I can't stop laughing. Duck Hunt dog is just a bonus. (And Ice Climbers unfortunate collateral damage.)

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

So, was anyone ready to post a collage of goons who believed the leaked screenshots to be genuine?

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

Eiba posted:

I was hoping it'd be true, just because of how dumb some people were being about it. And now I can't stop laughing. Duck Hunt dog is just a bonus. (And Ice Climbers unfortunate collateral damage.)

I have egg on my face cus I was dismissive of it adamantly, but I'm not trying to save face when I say I started to feel this way too. I was watching the GameXplain video on the leak (because I hate myself) and the one dude was so dismissive and sure it was fake to the point he said something like the choices were "too asinine" to be real.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The wendy's bathroom thing wasn't even me saying leak's fake I was just making fun of the lighting.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Supercar Gautier posted:

The Bowser Jr footage is what really seals the deal, since not only is it incredibly well-animated, but it also includes footage of Bowser, who has had many changes since Brawl that a would-be faker would have to replicate.

I know a fair bit about how Brawl mods work. I'll put it this way. Mewtwo in Project M plays very close to Melee Mewtwo, right? But it's because everything that makes him possible is in some way used on other characters or effects. His float is borrowed from Peach, his Shadow Ball is borrowed from Lucario, his teleport is borrowed from Zelda, Disable works like a Deku Nut, etc.

You could make a character who can achieve effects only Assist Trophies or Pokemon can do, like Togepi's darkness move, you can mod it so Mario's fireball does that Tabuu instakill stuff, I've never seen it done for obvious reasons but if you wanted to you could make it so when Marth swings his sword the screen's borders start shifting around like when the Devil is out.

What I'm saying is, you can do some really crazy and unique poo poo with the characters, you can animate new normal moves and the associated hitboxes for them, but the tangible effects of those moves have to be within what Brawl offers. Which is still a lot. And keep in mind that I'm speaking in layman's terms, animating characters for Brawl mods and creating new movesets (referred to as PSA files, which I think is "Player Stance Animation"?) is a metric fuckton of work.

That thing where Bowser Jr. ditches the Clown Copter to recover and spawns a new one after he leaves his fall stance? Nothing comparable to that effect is present in Brawl. I'm no expert, but I follow Brawl modding a lot and I simply do not think that would be an animation you could achieve in a Brawl mod.

I know no one in this thread actually believes it's a Brawl mod, I guess I'm just elaborating.

F. Lobot
Jul 6, 2010

I'm glad I'll only be remembered as saying "This looks fake, but I'm interested to see more". Could have gone a lot worse.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Endorph posted:

The wendy's bathroom thing wasn't even me saying leak's fake I was just making fun of the lighting.
Because no really that looks exactly like the lighting in a wendy's bathroom.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

.TakaM posted:

So, was anyone ready to post a collage of goons who believed the leaked screenshots to be genuine?
That was always the more pathetic scenario. For one, most people who "believed" it said it in terms of "I think this is true" in tones of cautious optimisim rather than "you're a blithering retard if you think this is false". Even if people went further, it's hard to score nerd-cred by being credulous. If someone did go on a tirade about how it was definitely true, they'd come off as awkward and dumb at the time, no matter what the case turned out to be.

In this case people were falling over each other to call everyone else dumb to look cool themselves, when they were in fact being the dumbest.

This was the optimal case for hilarity. I'm satisfied.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i just noticed that all of my posts about yoshi being between bowser and rosalina is in that pic. thank you for properly capturing my essence, guy

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA

Endorph posted:

Because no really that looks exactly like the lighting in a wendy's bathroom.

You seem awfully familiar with Wendy's bathrooms.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

AttackBacon posted:

You seem awfully familiar with Wendy's bathrooms.
I'm from suburban Virginia of course I'm familiar with Wendy's bathrooms.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Endorph posted:

I can vouch for this.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Eiba posted:

My favorite are the people who are such condescending dicks about it.

Like calling anyone who gives it credence a "stupid idiot retard nerd," or claiming giving credence was like claiming 2 + 2 = 5.

Like, drat, way to be an overbearing rear end in a top hat and wrong at the same time. It is indeed hilarious.

I'm pretty sure the stupid idiot retard nerd thing wasn't completely serious because who says that.

I don't have hurt feelings over it and neither should other dudes saying it might be true, and hell if there was a reverse collage if it ended up fake sure throw me on it.

Need to be able to laugh at yourself golly.

Edit: Though seriously what's with that math thing

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I still think it's really weird to have the Duck Hunt dog in there. I'd have guessed an assist trophy for him.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Bruceski posted:

I still think it's really weird to have the Duck Hunt dog in there. I'd have guessed an assist trophy for him.
Well I mean, Pit and Ice Climbers were weird choices too. Every Smash game has a weird retro character.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Endorph posted:

I lived in Virginia for 6 months back in the third grade, this is the most accurate picture of the state that one can make.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
I still don't get Dr Mario and Dark Pit.

Dr Mario for the tornado and pills I guess, but everything everyone's told me is Dark Pit is literally just Pit.

e: I might've been wrong about the leak being real but I maintain that was a boring loving ten pages :colbert:

HalfHazard
Mar 29, 2010

Dark Pit can fly without a goddess' help I think, maybe he gets a Peach-like float ability or something

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Captain Pissweak posted:

Dr Mario for the tornado and pills I guess, but everything everyone's told me is Dark Pit is literally just Pit.

No, you idiot! He's exactly like Pit except he has black hair, a smug face and a badass 'tude. He's every 13 year old's dream character!

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Duck Hunt is great and whether he's a Snake moveset (rumor theory) or some unique thing it's a fantastic choice.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Captain Pissweak posted:

e: I might've been wrong about the leak being real but I maintain that was a boring loving ten pages :colbert:

Dark Pit is basically a clone who loving hates Pit for being a whiny suck up to the gods and takes every chance he can to ruin Pit's day.

He uses sniper rifles (staffs) and the like and everyone in universe makes fun of him for being a little shithead (he gets a ton of insulting nicknames like Pit Two (pitoo) etc.)

He gets better by the end of the game though and is pretty rad. You even play a chapter as him to save Pit's life after he burns his wings down to the bone

BattleCake
Mar 12, 2012

Endorph posted:

Well I mean, Pit and Ice Climbers were weird choices too. Every Smash game has a weird retro character.

I think G&W and ROB are better examples than that but yeah, basically what you said. It's kinda nice to have the wtf factor, imo.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

Your Computer posted:

No, you idiot! He's exactly like Pit except he has black hair, a smug face and a badass 'tude. He's every 13 year old's dream character!

Sounds like Pit to me.

KamikazePotato
Jun 28, 2010
If you switch the Duck Hunt Dog and Wii Fit Trainer's time of reveal (as in DHD is revealed at the first E3 and WFT comes much later), then people would be saying the DHD seemed like an obvious choice while the WFT made no sense. The only reason people tolerate WFT's existence is because she was one of the first revealed characters and people 1. Had time to get used to her 2. She didn't seem to be 'stealing' spots from anyone else at the time.

Timing matters. It's usually better for a character's popularity to be revealed early, because then they don't have to 'compete' with other characters down the line. Even though Shulk and Little Mac took the same amount of development time, no one is going to say that Little Mac 'stole Ridley's spot' or whatever, while I've seen some people already express that sentiment for Shulk today.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Captain Pissweak posted:

Sounds like Pit to me.

No you see Pit eats floor ice cream and cries a lot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Captain Pissweak posted:

Kid Icarus Uprising has hundreds of unique weapons, it wouldn't be difficult to come up with a substantially different moveset for Dark Pit just based on those. It'd be a lot easier than, say, making a moveset for the loving Duck Hunt dog.

• Locked thread