Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

porkchop_express
May 27, 2004
can someone summarize the last 7 posts for me tia

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

porkchop_express posted:

can someone summarize the last 7 posts for me tia

no

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
2k posts i aint readin
anything fun happen
were the hacks fake

Vag Assault Weapon
Aug 12, 2014

The ex's AMA is really just making me think this poo poo is just staged. He's claiming the cancelled 'jam' threatened Pepsi's 100 million dollar project and that's just laughably bullshit.

Don't get me wrong this poo poo is super funny but it's such a tempest in a teapot that some dumb attention whore is barely making minimum wage and is supposed to be some indie celeb who only has 20k twitter followers and whose connections consist of D-list indie developers and a loving kotaku contributor is trying to act like her clique is the bitches of the school table gossiping about the popular kids (she claims the only reason she's not part of the Cool Kids Club game illuminati is because she has an ex boyfriend on it preventing her from being offered to join).

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Falsum posted:

Nah, what he actually did was make an inappropriate joke while fully aware a child was included in the conversation (and he was also able to remove the kid from the list of recipients but didn't.)

This was all over some tweet the kid posted saying that rape jokes can be ok sometimes and that a comedian's job is to find the line at which point jokes become offensive, and then cross it; exactly what George Carlin said. Then a bunch of stupid twitter SJWs ganged up on the kid, one of them doxxed him (I think it was some helldump goon), others sent him threats of physical violence (including a teacher saying he should meet his knife.) The kid laughed it all off, so kudos to him.

This made its way to 4chan and that's when I think it went too far because people started harassing the people involved IRL (the HR department at the company where Abe works was contacted by a lot of people, I think something happened with the knife dude but I forget what)

Bottom line is Abe is a moron who picks internet fights with children (and proceeds to get owned by said children) and thank goodness he's gone because you shouldn't let an unfunny retard who disagrees with George Carlin on the subject of comedy moderate a comedy forum.

lol

porkchop_express
May 27, 2004

Falsum posted:

Nah, what he actually did was make an inappropriate joke while fully aware a child was included in the conversation (and he was also able to remove the kid from the list of recipients but didn't.)

This was all over some tweet the kid posted saying that rape jokes can be ok sometimes and that a comedian's job is to find the line at which point jokes become offensive, and then cross it; exactly what George Carlin said. Then a bunch of stupid twitter SJWs ganged up on the kid, one of them doxxed him (I think it was some helldump goon), others sent him threats of physical violence (including a teacher saying he should meet his knife.) The kid laughed it all off, so kudos to him.

This made its way to 4chan and that's when I think it went too far because people started harassing the people involved IRL (the HR department at the company where Abe works was contacted by a lot of people, I think something happened with the knife dude but I forget what)

Bottom line is Abe is a moron who picks internet fights with children (and proceeds to get owned by said children) and thank goodness he's gone because you shouldn't let an unfunny retard who disagrees with George Carlin on the subject of comedy moderate a comedy forum.

same

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Maxwell Adams posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQk_z_vnGGg

The Fine Young Capitalists have posted a second video promoting female game developers. The video is sponsored by 4chan, and they talk about Corrine Yu. It is a nice video where nobody tries to be offended or make you feel like a lovely person. The first video was about Roberta Williams, and maybe they overstated her influence a bit but it's still pleasant and informative.

triangles are good

Vag Assault Weapon
Aug 12, 2014

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/817/608/67f.jpg

Possibly the biggest thingsthatdidnthappen.txt imaginable

Design Spots
Jan 24, 2009

by XyloJW
REVIVE

Design Spots
Jan 24, 2009

by XyloJW
wait.

too late

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Vag Assault Weapon posted:

The ex's AMA is really just making me think this poo poo is just staged. He's claiming the cancelled 'jam' threatened Pepsi's 100 million dollar project and that's just laughably bullshit.

It's my understanding the cancelled games jam had something like $400,000 invested in it. The other damaging part was it made Maker Studios and their subnetwork Polaris look really incompetent. Maker Studios had just been bought by Disney, and the games jam was their first major endeavor after the purchase. Having it fall apart in such a dramatic fashion, on the first day, and wasting nearly a half-million dollars in the process, was incredibly troublesome for all parties involved.

Design Spots
Jan 24, 2009

by XyloJW
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZy5S-jUIlw

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
I used to know someone who was like zoe in that she was conniving and manipulative and constantly making suicide threats while also being a blob of fat with bad hair and being an all around useless person
well that's my story
have a good day

Hometown Slime Queen fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Aug 26, 2014

Vag Assault Weapon
Aug 12, 2014

XK posted:

It's my understanding the cancelled games jam had something like $400,000 invested in it. The other damaging part was it made Maker Studios and their subnetwork Polaris look really incompetent. Maker Studios had just been bought by Disney, and the games jam was their first major endeavor after the purchase. Having it fall apart in such a dramatic fashion, on the first day, and wasting nearly a half-million dollars in the process, was incredibly troublesome for all parties involved.

All those numbers are coming from her or her little clique's sources and if you read that link you can see they're pretty obviously complete bullshit and trying to make it look far, far bigger than what it was

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.

holy poo poo

Design Spots
Jan 24, 2009

by XyloJW
you cant do that

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/817/608/67f.jpg

Possibly the biggest thingsthatdidnthappen.txt imaginable

so zoe went in to bone ng resonance the day of, while he wrote an article about it?? is that what she wrote??

Design Spots
Jan 24, 2009

by XyloJW
is rage

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

Design Spots posted:

you cant do that

on television

Design Spots
Jan 24, 2009

by XyloJW
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPPsS4-Dsxg

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

I used to know someone who was like zoe in that she was conniving and manipulative and constantly making suicide threats while also being a blob of fat with bad hair and being an all around useless person
well that's my story
have a good day

tell me more about urself :smuggo:

Lightanchor
Nov 2, 2012
Aug 24 21:52:36 <~Cyberserker> "What about Zoe's past experiences with image boards like 4chan/wizardchan? Was she a regular on any of those boards or any like it?"
Aug 24 21:53:22 <+Eron_G> She was a regular on Something Awful. And they like her in a "we knew her before she was famous" sort of way. Which is why I chose Something Awful as one of the two boards to drop this one.

The absurdity of 'dropping' this story

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Junkfist posted:

Didn't she flat out say something like "making Depression Quest saved my life!"?

Technically that's true. Without the game giving her cred, she would just be yet another gamer whose an 'ideas guy'. After being reduced to such utter filth, she would have committed suicide.

Twelve Batmans
Dec 24, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Tokamak posted:

Technically that's true. Without the game giving her cred, she would just be yet another gamer whose an 'ideas guy'. After being reduced to such utter filth, she would have committed suicide.

With that kind of outcome quitting videogames seems more and more attractive.

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

Lightanchor posted:

Aug 24 21:52:36 <~Cyberserker> "What about Zoe's past experiences with image boards like 4chan/wizardchan? Was she a regular on any of those boards or any like it?"
Aug 24 21:53:22 <+Eron_G> She was a regular on Something Awful. And they like her in a "we knew her before she was famous" sort of way. Which is why I chose Something Awful as one of the two boards to drop this one.

The absurdity of 'dropping' this story

I literally have never heard of her until this happened.

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

DrPaper posted:

same

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

a cop posted:

She is a passionate purple haired princess.

i dunno about having sex with her, but she's a perfect human being so i wouldn't mind being her butler or slave or some poo poo like that.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

Cycloneman
Feb 1, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT
SISTER FUCKING

DrPaper posted:

Being famous on Something Awful is probably just another lie that Zoe Quinn told Eron.

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT

DrPaper posted:

probably about as famous a poster as she is a legitimate game maker

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

tell me more about urself :smuggo:

wait are you a games journalist because if so :bigtran:

Hometown Slime Queen fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Aug 26, 2014

Lifepuzzler
Nov 5, 2009

At first I made a "fat chick being a whale" joke, but then I created beauty.

I can't stop listening to it. Just let it run on a separate tab. I've been listening for about 25 minutes now.

Hobo Grandpa
Aug 22, 2014

"Trigger" is my trigger word.

Lifepuzzler posted:

At first I made a "fat chick being a whale" joke, but then I created beauty.

I can't stop listening to it. Just let it run on a separate tab. I've been listening for about 25 minutes now.

This is quite possibly the best thing to come out of this thread. Thanks for making it all worth it. Speaking of sea creatures, is Phil Fish dead yet?

Vag Assault Weapon
Aug 12, 2014

Okay either it really is being staged or that guy is so gullible he believes loving everything he's told. Only browsing the games thread shows nobody has the slightest loving idea who she is.

Vag Assault Weapon
Aug 12, 2014

Eron I've got a 15 inch dick but please don't tell anybody about it

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT

Okay either it really is being staged or that guy is so gullible he believes loving everything he's told. Only browsing the games thread shows nobody has the slightest loving idea who she is.

give him a break he was gaslamped

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

$2500 is pretty good for not having to lift a finger. That's enough to pay the bills in my state.

edit: equivalent to a $14.40 an hour full time job.

Probably more like $16.55 since I think patron is under the table and I highly doubt she is paying taxes on that income.

Yivgev
May 19, 2004

i brought my +1 ak-47

NutritiousSnack posted:

one of the former fyad weird twitter woman who asked for the 13 year old's dick pic is getting owned by reddit over it now after she called the zoe quinn thing "virtual rape" unironically and having a meltdown over twitter.

this has been a good week

holy poo poo somebody post this immediately please

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Yivgev posted:

holy poo poo somebody post this immediately please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

He's 23, 24? Still kind of young. There are plenty of naive 24 year olds who've yet to navigate the dangers of being cucked, betaed, and gaslighted by manipulative purple princesses.

• Locked thread