Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Fojar38 posted:

The larger issue is that someone out there now thinks that someone almost brought down an airplane using a hacked playstation.

Thank goodness they didn't use its missile guiding capabilities to shoot down the plane, at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Ciaphas posted:

Question about the PS4 gold headset, if I plug it into the controller via headphone cable, does it still work as a headset on the PS4 (using for chat only, or for all game audio)? If so I'll just leave the USB thingy in my PC and be done with it. :v:

Correct me if I'm wrong but you'll lose the virtual surround and sound profiles?

kri kri posted:

Thanks for this, should be linked in the OP, IMO.

Added. I still have the kelux ones in a bag I still haven't tried lol. Not a bad deal considering how many pieces it comes with

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Aug 26, 2014

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

Fojar38 posted:

The larger issue is that someone out there now thinks that someone almost brought down an airplane using a hacked playstation.

It reminds me of freshman year of high school when 9/11 happened. This dumb kid was saying a plane full of PS2s had been turned into bombs and blew up the WTC.

Dohaeris
Mar 24, 2012

Often known as SniperGuy
Is Infamous: First Light something I can play without having played Second Son...or any Infamous game? Looks cool and a nice thing to try out since I just bought the console yesterday.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

D&D 3.5 Book of Erotic Fantasy
I won't know for sure until I play the DLC, but since it can be bought independently of Second Son, I imagine it'll be made pretty accessible to people new to the series.

Though Second Son is a really good game you should consider picking up. You don't need knowledge of the other two games outside what Second Son gives you at the beginning to know what's going on.

Hydrocodone
Sep 26, 2007

Still can't use my amazon code for First Light. :( Guess I'm waiting for the actual release, no preload. And that's midnight EST, judging from posts I see here?

robodex
Jun 6, 2007

They're what's for dinner

Feenix posted:

Ff14 was indeed incredibly fun with a controller. I played it that way on PS3 for many months, then that way on PS4, then got a keyboard and mouse and never looked back because gently caress crossbar. Multiple hotbars for life. Also, of course, I had a good table/mousing surface. Had I not had that I would have not been ok with MKB.

Honestly, I was skeptical at first--how could an mmo play well on a controller? But I couldn't imagine going back. Although I could see some classes being awful to play on a controller (e.g. tanks.)

Personally I've played white mage, black mage and monk and all three control really well. The only downside is cycling through targets is pretty awful sometimes, but you get used to it pretty quickly.

It was to the point where during the down time yesterday I had to pair my DS4 with my laptop because I haven't played with a keyboard for a month or two.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Hydrocodone posted:

Still can't use my amazon code for First Light. :( Guess I'm waiting for the actual release, no preload. And that's midnight EST, judging from posts I see here?

Midnight EST is for the Madden release. First Light will probably be tomorrow with the normal store update, around 2-6PM EST.

Hydrocodone
Sep 26, 2007

FAT SLAMPIG posted:

Midnight EST is for the Madden release. First Light will probably be tomorrow with the normal store update, around 2-6PM EST.

Thanks. Teaches me not to skim.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Dohaeris posted:

Is Infamous: First Light something I can play without having played Second Son...or any Infamous game? Looks cool and a nice thing to try out since I just bought the console yesterday.

It's a standalone expansion. Not the first time Sucker Punch did this type of DLC, so yeah don't need to own Second Son.

timeandtide
Nov 29, 2007

This space is reserved for future considerations.

Dohaeris posted:

Should be: First Light starts at least a year before Second Son and should end with its main character running into Second Son's main character (which in itself shouldn't be much of a spoiler for Second Son, in case you're also worried about that.) In terms of differences, I think First Light may be more linear and less about the open world, but that's just fine since Sucker Punch seems more skilled at that.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Holy crap I totally didn't realize Metro comes out tomorrow. I guess the lack of a preorder or preload kept me from keeping tabs on it. I loved the first two and I'm so getting it the second it shows up on the store tomorrow.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tygWpRukRH8

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Man, I was trying to not buy NBA two years in a row, but they had to go and add Shaqisms and cheerleaders.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_cRqUP9jiU

Just got to the second round of the playoffs in 2k14.

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx

Dohaeris posted:

Looks like the easiest way to get my PS4 audio into my PC is going to be a DAC, something like http://www.amazon.com/Digital-Optical-Analog-audio-converter/dp/B004C4WPXA/
However, that thing is dirt cheap and probably not going to have the best audio quality. Or, since it's going to my PC after that, will that matter? This is unknown territory for me and DACs appear to range in price from 10 dollars to hundreds of dollars. Any recommendations?

edit: and hell, this guy is saying you can use a USB DAC, so theoretically I pop it into a USB port, run a 3.5mm line in cable from it to my PC and i'd be golden?
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691087-playstation-4/69310423

You had it right the first time. A USB DAC might work with the PS4 but that doesn't help you mix your audio sources. Get a Fiio DO3K, an optical cable, and an RCA to 3.5mm cable. Output to optical in the PS4's settings, convert, and stick the 3.5mm end into your PC's line-in.

timeandtide
Nov 29, 2007

This space is reserved for future considerations.
Two bits of news popped up today:

-Platinum's Legend of Korra game is coming out in October

-Titan Souls is coming out for PS4/Vita in "Q1 2015"

smug forum asshole
Jan 15, 2005

smug forum rear end in a top hat posted:

Anyone have experience with input/voice lag issues when playing multiplayer and doing voicechat simultaneously?

I'm _barely_ 6 ft from my tv on a couch and I get random and very dramatic voice-sending lag when I play online with voicechat. when this happens, other people can't hear me talk.

The input lag is equally bad when it happens – like, my input is delayed by up to 1 or 2 full seconds.

The gameplay itself is _not_ lagging – action is not delayed, other people's voices come through clearly (at this point they're mostly saying "I can't understand you any more!" or "omg what just happened?!") – the fact that the lag seems to be isolated to my gamepad and the communication device that I have plugged into the gamepad make me think that this is a bluetooth issue.

this post has also helped to convince me that it's some kind of bluetooth interference issue. Again, I am always on a couch pretty darn close to my PS4 when this happens.

1. Has anyone had this issue and solved it by some means?
2. Would this happen if I got the Sony Gold Wireless Headset? My rationale here is that if I have a completely different device that isn't connected to my gamepad, my gamepad has to transmit less data/do less work, so the likelihood of this kind of lag will decrease.

This is now happening when I don't have a mic plugged in and the PS4 is 3 feet from me and completely unobstructed. I called Sony and they told me that it isn't my PS4 – the representative insisted, instead, that _both_ of my Dualshock 4s are faulty, and that there's no reason to believe that the system itself has issues until I get a third Dualshock 4 and see the same thing happen with that one too.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Please someone tell me there's a way to change Madden's game icon so I don't have to look at Richard Sherman.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Write a letter to EA listing at least 10 reasons why you cannot stand to look at that football man and they'll send you a flash drive with icons featuring every player in the NFL that you can pick from

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Would buy that DLC.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Wow, the Madden preload worked perfectly. Hit X as soon as the counter ended, and it played.

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

go outside and have a blast

Comrade Flynn posted:

Please someone tell me there's a way to change Madden's game icon so I don't have to look at Richard Sherman.

:hawksin:

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

FAT SLAMPIG posted:

First Light is counting down to 1PM eastern for me. They don't have to update the store to unlock it, so it should be good to go then.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

FIFA 15 or NHL 15 Pre-Order + $25 Dell eGift Card - http://slickdeals.net/share/iphone_app/fp/128672

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Squallege posted:

It reminds me of freshman year of high school when 9/11 happened. This dumb kid was saying a plane full of PS2s had been turned into bombs and blew up the WTC.

The evolution of "that Nintendo kid".

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

So what time does the PS4 store usually update? Tomorrow the NHL15 demo drops, but I've no idea when I should check it out.

In better news, I redboxed Wolfenstein to celebrate my latest paycheck.

I'm three hours in, and it is AWESOME. The shooting mechanics are decent, but the stealth feels tailor made for how I like to play vidja games. Silent pistols and throwing knives... as I brutalize and kill every enemy without them ever being alerted? Perfect. The writing seems way stronger than the usually Oorah! Military shooter too.

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene

FAT SLAMPIG posted:

Wow, the Madden preload worked perfectly. Hit X as soon as the counter ended, and it played.

That's excellent news. I haven't been on my PS4 at midnight for a game to unlock yet. Two more weeks! :hellyeah:

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I played PS4 Warframe after a long time and at first I was like holy poo poo, they fixed the frame rate!

...then I got into an area with more than about three enemies in it.

edit: also they can't loving stop having enemies that are the same color as the environment! This is like video game visual design 101 people.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 06:40 on Aug 26, 2014

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
I'm gonna double dip on Metro Redux for sure but not til it's $20~$30.

Hydrocodone
Sep 26, 2007

Stick Figure Mafia posted:

Holy crap I totally didn't realize Metro comes out tomorrow. I guess the lack of a preorder or preload kept me from keeping tabs on it. I loved the first two and I'm so getting it the second it shows up on the store tomorrow.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tygWpRukRH8

Isn't Redux a collection of the first two games?

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

FAT SLAMPIG posted:

Meanwhile, the first test of Future Shop's $20 off pre-order is a failure. They sent me a "item shipped" e-mail with a tracking number that says it hasn't been picked up.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Hydrocodone posted:

Yes but not with the barely passable framerate the PS3/360 ran them at.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy
I'm not getting off of work until 6 & probably won't get back to my hotel 'til around 8: is MetroRedux up on the PS Store yet?

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Hydrocodone posted:

They've redone whole areas of the game and the first game now runs with the second game's engine (so it has all the gameplay from Last Light). It's also seamless so there is no loading. That means they had to add new areas that tie set pieces together.
I'm a huge sucker for the Metro games.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

They've redone whole areas of the game and the first game now runs with the second game's engine (so it has all the gameplay from Last Light). It's also seamless so there is no loading. That means they had to add new areas that tie set pieces together.
I'm a huge sucker for the Metro games.

Holy gently caress, getting this tomorrow.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Neo Rasa posted:

Holy gently caress, getting this tomorrow.

At about four minutes into this gameplay review they talk about some of the new features and the new areas
http://www.ign.com/videos/2014/08/09/metro-2033-redux-15-minutes-of-gameplay

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
So uhh, I've been playing Diablo 3 and I just noticed that the maps don't seem to stay cleared? Is this an intentional thing, and if so, loving why? It's really killing my desire to play unless I know I have several hours to set aside for exploring. What sense does this kind of mechanic make at all? I'm not talking about respawning enemies, I'm just talking about the fog of war on the map.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

DrNutt posted:

So uhh, I've been playing Diablo 3 and I just noticed that the maps don't seem to stay cleared? Is this an intentional thing, and if so, loving why? It's really killing my desire to play unless I know I have several hours to set aside for exploring. What sense does this kind of mechanic make at all? I'm not talking about respawning enemies, I'm just talking about the fog of war on the map.

They're randomly generated every time you play.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

They're randomly generated every time you play.

Oh. Really? Well I guess that explains it. Seems an odd choice for at least the initial story playthrough.

Yeah, the more I think about it this is a really awful choice for the massive overworld sections. Nice for the dungeons I suppose.

Professor Beetus fucked around with this message at 08:21 on Aug 26, 2014

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

DrNutt posted:

Oh. Really? Well I guess that explains it. Seems an odd choice for at least the initial story playthrough.

That said, it is pretty stupid that it's EVERY map. The dungeons of course are randomized but the overworld and towns are not. Just what entrances are available for cool extra stuff changes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Neo Rasa posted:

That said, it is pretty stupid that it's EVERY map. The dungeons of course are randomized but the overworld and towns are not. Just what entrances are available for cool extra stuff changes.

It's a really poo poo system for people that want to play little bits at a time, that's for sure. e: I guess I don't see why they don't just randomize when you finish the game and start over with a new character or start a new game plus. Do people in the middle of a playthrough really go back and trudge through slightly different maps of areas they've already cleared?

• Locked thread