Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
Also what the hell are the creepy weird multiarmed ashen statue things you stake saying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AgentJR
Jun 5, 2011

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.
The white Blacksteel Katana has greatly enhanced my weeaboo fashion souls.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
So how do you kill the creepy fire statue past the first bonfire?

Also, hah I can't seem to get past that 4 man gang attack from past that statue. Guess I'll need to get good.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

aahhahahah had my first :darksouls: moment! Spoilers ahead but it made me laugh

html5 link
http://gfycat.com/BoringUncommonAmericanratsnake

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

So how do you kill the creepy fire statue past the first bonfire?

just walk up to it and hit "examine"

Stick Figure Mafia fucked around with this message at 09:58 on Aug 26, 2014

Daynab
Aug 5, 2008

So far this DLC is 3 times harder than the first one for me. That loving phantom. This is my fifth death to him. Perfect tracking on lance charges, come on.

edit: sixth. How are you supposed to beat it? Seemingly infinite poise and tracking.

Daynab fucked around with this message at 10:00 on Aug 26, 2014

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

I've been trying to poison everything. Have you tried the run and hide and poison and cry tactic? It seems to be working ok for me.
Also, you can skip a bunch of the first part if you have enough health and something to help you fall (like the cats ring). There is a platform below where the chain ends.

Daynab
Aug 5, 2008

Stick Figure Mafia posted:

I've been trying to poison everything. Have you tried the run and hide and poison and cry tactic? It seems to be working ok for me.
Also, you can skip a bunch of the first part if you have enough health and something to help you fall (like the cats ring). There is a platform below where the chain ends.

Is there anything at the bottom other than the chest with the greatsword? I keep dying to the bunch of ash monsters there and wondering if I should waste my time. Also does the phantom drop anything or is he there just to annoy you?

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
What's the final reward for that section with the exploding, crawling dudes? I killed the invader, and managed to end right at the start through a fall. Was it the Hex?

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

Thumbtacks posted:

oh jesus

it's basically a person at this point

Thumbtacks posted:

did this shithole npc phantom just shrug at me

drat you from
I was legitimately confused about whether it was a real person or NPC after you got its health down a bit. Pretty good phantom AI.

The prize at the end of the section is cool, too.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I loving hate The Fume Knight. Such an arduously long boss with zero margin for error, and summoning help is worthless because per usual the NPC phantoms do nothing and the players all die before the phase change.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Welp, the optional hard area is back. The area itself isn't so bad except for the rear end in a top hat ghost archers, then the boss turns out to be blue Smelter Demon. Nobody seems to have gotten that far yet so you won't be getting any summons but the NPC phantoms (one of which uses the hello carving!). I didn't see any summon signs for Fume Knight either.

Can you actually stop the ghosts from coming back? It's really annoying how they just pop back up. I've seen what looks like their corpses laying around but I don't know if you can destroy them like you could with the ghosts in Sunken King.

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
God drat, the Fume Knight doesn't gently caress around.

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers
Ok, yep, this DLC has perhaps one of the most bullshit sections ever in a souls game followed by a lovely boss retread. I hope you like a smelter demon that can delay his swings so you gently caress up your roll timing and has a billion god drat health!!!

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Yaya posted:

God drat, the Fume Knight doesn't gently caress around.

As of my last attempt I've died to him more consecutive times than any other boss in the entire game or DLC.

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

anyone wanna co-op and get this fucker smelter 2.0 down?

Daynab
Aug 5, 2008

Simpleton's Ring :stare:

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

cat doter posted:

Ok, yep, this DLC has perhaps one of the most bullshit sections ever in a souls game followed by a lovely boss retread. I hope you like a smelter demon that can delay his swings so you gently caress up your roll timing and has a billion god drat health!!!

Can you just block his attacks with a good shield like you could Smelter Demon 1.0? Because if you can then he'll probably be a pushover like the first time was.

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Can you just block his attacks with a good shield like you could Smelter Demon 1.0? Because if you can then he'll probably be a pushover like the first time was.

If you have a dex build like me? No. If you have a greatshield? Probably.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

cat doter posted:

If you have a dex build like me? No. If you have a greatshield? Probably.

The Drangleic shield is pretty good and only requires a little STR investment.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

cat doter posted:

anyone wanna co-op and get this fucker smelter 2.0 down?

I'll help, what's your SM?

edit: huh, Fume Knight is the only boss other than Smelter? I killed him and have the crown now. I'm kinda bummed that it's this short, but maybe I'm missing something. I know I haven't found two bonfires before him

Manatee Cannon fucked around with this message at 10:47 on Aug 26, 2014

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Sounds like the new DLC might require me a Flash Fire to get through safely.

Zombies magazine
Oct 17, 2005

Firmly grasp the :kazooieass:

+5 upgrade for Bewitched Alonne Sword has an AR of 327, a few points lower than blacksteel katana, but with the added bleed. I wonder what the best infusion is at this point? Probably bleed?

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

Manatee Cannon posted:

I'll help, what's your SM?

edit: huh, Fume Knight is the only boss other than Smelter? I killed him and have the crown now. I'm kinda bummed that it's this short, but maybe I'm missing something. I know I haven't found two bonfires before him

A bit over 3.7 million. I've not exactly been min maxing SM because whooooo gives a poo poo.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I'm a tier below you, sorry man.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I killed all the goddamn basilisks and wasted all the Faintstone I had on junk. Does anyone have a Faintstone they could give me? 1.4MM souls on this guy. Sitting on the Iron Keep bridge now (Tuesday morning, 6:30EST) waiting for my bell ring to summon me in for chunks.

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.

Manatee Cannon posted:

I'm a tier below you, sorry man.

Even with the name engraved ring? That thing is a lifesaver for trying to coop with specific people.

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 374 days!
Where is the majestic greatsword?

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

wesley snypes posted:

Spooky tower (the one you go down a spiral staircase in).

cat doter posted:

I thought he was exactly the same as the first one? :shrug: He does have a hip-draw now.

Manatee Cannon posted:

Go to the top of the tower. There's a sequence of 2-3 elevators you have to take to get there.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Just finished the DLC, did all bosses, I wonder what I missed. I couldn't find the Ashen Warrior Sword, is it a random drop?

wesley snypes posted:

You know the tower full of curse dudes, the one you access after the second bonfire, going down a chain in a snowy landscape into a ruined tower? It's at the bottom.

Also, on the way down to the Fume Knight, there's a bunch of dusted up dudes, all of them archers. I did get all the queen effigies, because I got the soul - but what's the deal with them?

Azran fucked around with this message at 11:54 on Aug 26, 2014

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

Azran posted:

Just finished the DLC, did all bosses, I wonder what I missed. I couldn't find the Ashen Warrior Sword, is it a random drop?

You know the tower full of curse dudes, the one you access after the second bonfire, going down a chain in a snowy landscape into a ruined tower? It's at the bottom.

It's ash, not snow. :colbert:

The Protagonist posted:

Also what the hell are the creepy weird multiarmed ashen statue things you stake saying

Read the description of the item "smelter wedge" and also the soul you get each time...

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Point granted. :v:

Crap, I'm also missing the ring that makes you invisible when rolling, and the one that boost your magic, it seems. Goddamn is the DLC area big.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
One more beg for a spare Faintstone. 1.4MM souls.

Also it's the total souls that matter in this game, right?

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Alternative way to get faintstones before the crypt: buy a million billion prism stones and trade them to the crows.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Gord...

Who sells prism stones? I already hit the crows and if anyone needs Rawstone I have eleven or so.

E: oh it's that cat. I just opened the shrine so great

raton fucked around with this message at 12:29 on Aug 26, 2014

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
As far as I'm aware you can't drop upgrade materials.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Oh. Well I'm trying to make a Magic Longsword because all other weapons aren't as good :/

E: The wiki doesn't list Faintstone as a drop for prism stones, just small smooth and silky. You sure about that?

raton fucked around with this message at 12:58 on Aug 26, 2014

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Jar Jar is the key to all of this.

Stick Figure Mafia posted:

aahhahahah had my first :darksouls: moment! Spoilers ahead but it made me laugh

html5 link
http://gfycat.com/BoringUncommonAmericanratsnake

:allears:

Did you get your souls back?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

So, how many Soul of Nadalia fragments are there? I have 11 currently with one more Smelter Wedge in my inventory.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The internet's saying that Majestic does the same damage as the Claymore, so I found my new primary and respec idea I think. I can even make it Dark I think! I wish I didn't have to work today. :(

e: Maybe I'll totally ignore magic and powerstance greatswords. :v:

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 13:17 on Aug 26, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The same damage? That's disappointing considering how stupidly high the requirements are. You still get a penalty if you don't meet the faith/INT requirements, right?