Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Tekopo posted:

hmmm excuse back-to-back world war winners right here, what did america do in that eh?!!!

Excuse me, nobody credits the support with the win, its always the carry who gets the glory

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Fellis posted:

Nobody credits the support with the win, its always the carry
:ussr:

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

They were the tank

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

man the biggest a thing that the us did was give a buttload of supplies and arms

they WERE the support

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Sorry bro. Getting your rear end in a top hat impacted by German bombs doesn't mean you carried the war. I thought you played wargames. You should know this.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

i think you missed my :ussr: post bro

as for first world war :france:

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Tekopo posted:

britain did pretty good there but it was the beginning of the end

KamikazeJim
Sep 15, 2006

oh fuck are you seeing this bomb man. ARE YOU SEEING THIS?
Carry? Tank? Which digital nerd poo poo are we comparing World Wars to, WoW or LoL?

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Tekopo posted:

I'm just yanking chains. I got respect for guys that talk chit.

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.

Bobby The Rookie posted:

Theoretically yeah.

I also bought Netrunner having never played it before and now know that was definitely a terrible idea.

Whats wrong with Netrunner I heard it was a good card game.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Sgt. Anime Pederast posted:

If I had to guess, it is probably that nerds ruined it. It is a good game but THE COMPETITIVE SCENE and everyone just netdecks anyway. Also there are a shitload of cards and its hard to get into the game nowadays and good luck finding someone else to play it casually if you don't have a group already

although i've heard the meta is the best it's ever been now

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Fellis posted:

If I had to guess, it is probably that nerds ruined it. It is a good game but THE COMPETITIVE SCENE and everyone just netdecks anyway. Also there are a shitload of cards and its hard to get into the game nowadays and good luck finding someone else to play it casually if you don't have a group already

That's why you just play it with your regular gaming buddies and don't go to tourneys or events.

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.

Fellis posted:

I just want to play it with my friends yo, who cares about competitive poo poo

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Basically bored games as far as anyone with a functioning brain is concerned.

Bobby The Rookie
Jun 2, 2005

Conceptually it's cool and good, which is why I finally caved to the hype and bought it against the warnings of everyone who said that it's prone to topdecking and bad draws and is badly paced, which it is unfortunately all of those things in my experience with it so far.

Bluffing and traps and asymmetry are cool, but they're necessarily tied to the game's luck element, and the game's luck centers around bad deck mechanics, ITHPO.

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.
I just bought lord of the rings the card game because a Coop card game sounds kinda cool did I make a huge mistake?

Bobby The Rookie
Jun 2, 2005

I just bought lord of the rings the card game because a Coop card game sounds kinda cool did I make a huge mistake?
If it's popular and a lot of people like it then probably, yeah.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

honestly the problem with netrunner is that they refuse to use normal people terms for things like "deck" and "hand" and "draw" so they invent these bullshit terms

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

what you don't like using your grip :fap:

Asymmetrikon
Oct 30, 2009

I believe you're a big dork!
I heard that that was because they didnt want to use the same term for the Runner and Corp doodads, but thats probably just an excuse

e: It would probably be better if the terms they used werent both shameful and confusing

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

Panzeh posted:

honestly the problem with netrunner is that they refuse to use normal people terms for things like "deck" and "hand" and "draw" so they invent these bullshit terms

...what.

Bobby The Rookie
Jun 2, 2005

The Corp's terminology actually makes sense, but the Runner's is retarded.

ConorT
Sep 24, 2007

Panzeh posted:

The actual problem is that it is extremely bad.

Asymmetrikon
Oct 30, 2009

I believe you're a big dork!

ConorT posted:

The actual problem is that it is extremely bad.

Well, it is a card game.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Let's discuss gender politics within the world of FFGs lovecraft board games. That seems like a fruitful use of our time.

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

Lord Frisk posted:

Let's discuss gender politics within the world of FFGs lovecraft board games. That seems like a fruitful use of our time.

Throw a fun grenade in there, that'll fix it.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Asymmetrikon posted:

Well, it is a card game.

hey gently caress you bridge and tichu and wizard I guess are awesome

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

silvergoose posted:

hey gently caress you bridge and tichu and wizard I guess are awesome
you forgot bottle imp, please vacate thread asap tia

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

Tekopo posted:

you forgot bottle imp, please vacate thread asap tia

w/e there are plenty of other good card games I just listed the ones I care about

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

not caring about bottle imp is punishable!!!

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Lord Frisk posted:

It bothers me that Hastur is the "King in Yellow," I find the association of masculinity and cosmic evil highly misandrist.

inSTAALed
Feb 3, 2008

MOP

n'

SLOP
is that x wing space miniture game good?

im asking for a friend

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

Tekopo posted:

not caring about bottle imp is punishable!!!

never seen it before, apparently my friends suck at introducing me to random rear end card games?

too many cooks is amusing though probably a bit long for what it is

Scyther
Dec 29, 2010

Lord Frisk posted:

It owns.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

inSTAALed posted:

is that x wing space miniture game good?

im asking for a friend
i like it, it is a bit random but has mechanisms to reduce randomness but you can still get screwed at times, skill is still important though and it has elements of list-building

i have a hard time determining if the way that wings of war handled damage is better or not though

i bought in because im a manchild that wanted to revert back to his childhood, though

Scyther
Dec 29, 2010

I don't like it when games have the attacker roll attack dice and then the defender rolls defense dice.

inSTAALed
Feb 3, 2008

MOP

n'

SLOP

Tekopo posted:

i like it, it is a bit random but has mechanisms to reduce randomness but you can still get screwed at times, skill is still important though and it has elements of list-building

i have a hard time determining if the way that wings of war handled damage is better or not though

i bought in because im a manchild that wanted to revert back to his childhood, though

my friend would like shooty space ships probably then. i will buy them

were you successful in re-becoming a child and how has this affected ur ability to play other board games?

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

Scyther posted:

I don't like it when games have the attacker roll attack dice and then the defender rolls defense dice.

then you don't like x-wing

inSTAALed
Feb 3, 2008

MOP

n'

SLOP

Scyther posted:

play stratego

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

discount cathouse
Mar 25, 2009
Imagine tepoko bringing a girl home from the pub, and the increasingly bewildered looks on her face as she notices the Star Wars toys, board games and the many books about hitler

• Locked thread