Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Morpheus posted:

This is correct - though my policy was always follow corporate, then if they ask for more, just scoop that poo poo on because I am being paid minimum wage so gently caress it.

*three pieces for a six inch. And always three strips of sauce per sauce.

God I hated the motherfuckers who couldn't understand that light mayo means don't empty the whole loving bottle on the sandwich god drat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Life hack: don't do bad things lol

TVarmy
Sep 11, 2011

like food and water, my posting has no intrinsic value

When you think about it, toilet wine, shanks, and using cigarettes in place of money are all lifehacks. Someone make a tumblr of prisonhacks and sell t-shirts about it so we can capitalize on this valuable and captive audience.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

bean_shadow posted:

Aren't American hot dogs basically tubed bologna?

Yes. A hot dog is a meat-paste and real sausages are minced.

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.

RandomFerret posted:

I refreshed all of these links a bunch of times trying to get them to load. I want to believe in toilet bread.

I'm mad cause I wanted to know what rocks I could eat.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Who What Now posted:

Lifehack: dump your Subway sandwhich on the floor and eat it off the floor like a animal you piece of poo poo

SA Lifehack: not funny enough to make original jokes? Just take someone else's joke and run it into the loving ground

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX

Jose Valasquez posted:

SA Lifehack: not funny enough to make original jokes? Just take someone else's joke and run it into the loving ground

:ironicat:

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

That isn't irony didn't you listen to the song.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

TVarmy posted:

When you think about it, toilet wine, shanks, and using cigarettes in place of money are all lifehacks. Someone make a tumblr of prisonhacks and sell t-shirts about it so we can capitalize on this valuable and captive audience.
Lifehack: cigarettes make great universal currency.

Lifehack: No single girls where you live? Don't give up. We do mean universal!

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Lifehacks!

I don't get this one :psyduck:

But,who needs a kitchen and a frypan? Pfft.

Or to buy/pay to build a decent grill.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Desperado Bones posted:

Lifehacks!

Makeshift hot water- going through the electric kettle to heat it, then coming out a hole in the bottom.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!

AAUUUGH!
Dominic you rat! You were heating my chair to give me the ol' spicy seat!

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.

Desperado Bones posted:

Lifehacks!

Someone thought the suicide shower looked too safe.

Also there is a much better way to grill things using the parts from a microwave oven:
http://youtu.be/g91xkISmp2g

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

bean_shadow posted:

Aren't American hot dogs basically tubed bologna?

I like to think of bologna as 2D hot dogs.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Jose Valasquez posted:

Hang on, once the joke is on the ground, should I eat it like a loving animal?

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

theironjef posted:

Hang on, once the joke is on the ground, should I eat it like a loving animal?

:golfclap:

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Tunicate posted:

From what I understand, Subway policy is 'six pieces' of any vegetable, and each request for extra gets an additional six.

Some places are really anal about corporate, so they put on six olives.

If they were really so anal wouldn't they put in three olives?

cowboythreespeech
Dec 28, 2008

i don't want him in my sandwich, thanks.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

ChaosArgate posted:

I dunno, it kind of looks like two hot dog buns that are touching at the bottom to me.

Are you from Rhode Island? I think you are.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Trent posted:

Are you from Rhode Island? I think you are.

Massachusetts. Close enough?

fleshy echidna
Apr 11, 2010

tonberrytoby posted:

Someone thought the suicide shower looked too safe.

Also there is a much better way to grill things using the parts from a microwave oven:
http://youtu.be/g91xkISmp2g

Get Out Of Here, Stalker.

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

Picnic Princess posted:

On second thought, a bunch of those seem to be "How to do things that you'd normally get a man to do for you because you're a sissy incompetent girl"
Reminds me of the 30 Rock episode where Liz zips up the back of her dress using her treadmill. On another episode she used her oven to warm up her jeans in the morning. Those lifehacks do not belong in this thread.

Related: Once my brother needed clean underwear in a hurry so he washed a pair in the sink and dried them in the microwave.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

ChaosArgate posted:

Massachusetts. Close enough?

Well, Southern New England anyway. I miss flat-sided hot dog buns. They seem to exist nowhere else.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Trent posted:

Well, Southern New England anyway. I miss flat-sided hot dog buns. They seem to exist nowhere else.

Are flat hot dog buns just a regional thing? They're all I see up here in Maine, and I guess I thought they were like that everywhere :shrug:

Darth Freddy
Feb 6, 2007

An Emperor's slightest dislike is transmitted to those who serve him, and there it is amplified into rage.

I love the taste of burning paint infused with my meat.

A basic weber at the home depot is 80 freaking dollars. You spend more then that on grilling/BBQ supplies. Thats not even talking about cheap rear end wal mart brand stuff thats like 40 dollars.

brick cow
Oct 22, 2008

Frostwerks posted:

If they were really so anal wouldn't they put in three olives?

:master:
Goldmine thread. Nothing more to see here.

KillerEggplant
Apr 2, 2011

Benny Harvey posted:

What was it in then? usually when I get a hot dog here it's in a bun but with remoulade, crispy onions and pickles.

A bratwurst, the light-colored type. It was accompanied by onions and pickles, and was delicious.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

New Leaf posted:

Makeshift hot water- going through the electric kettle to heat it, then coming out a hole in the bottom.

I can't even see that working that well - would the water even be in contact with the coil long enough for it to warm significantly?

StdNormDist
May 2, 2010

Desperado Bones posted:

Lifehacks!

I'd guess from the sponge's placement below the spigot that it's too close to the wall to pour into the sink, so this guy/gal did all that to re-route the water (and maybe also to heat it, as another poster suggested)

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

EXAKT Science posted:

Are flat hot dog buns just a regional thing? They're all I see up here in Maine, and I guess I thought they were like that everywhere :shrug:

They aren't only in New England, but that's where they're most popular.

Plenty of bakeries will make both, and the flat-sided kind are usually called New England Style or Split Top:

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

trickybiscuits posted:

Related: Once my brother needed clean underwear in a hurry so he washed a pair in the sink and dried them in the microwave.

Did that work? It seems like you'd just get hot wet underwear. Even if you cooked them for like 10 minutes the water's still in the microwave and the steam will just coat them again when you turn it off.

Mr. Yuk
Apr 1, 2005

In case of accidental ingestion, please consult a mortician.

EXAKT Science posted:

I'm from Seattle, and I have never seen them before in my life.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Mr. Yuk posted:

I'm from Seattle, and I have never seen them before in my life.
They haven't even made it as far west as Michigan.

Robot Jelly
Jul 15, 2007

Bleep Blorp

Or just point the fan itself at your bed instead of this goofy flapping sheet bullshit

This one is fine, just like using colored twist ties, but I like the choice of labels:

Never kill grandma again!

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Darth Freddy posted:

A basic weber at the home depot is 80 freaking dollars. You spend more then that on grilling/BBQ supplies. Thats not even talking about cheap rear end wal mart brand stuff thats like 40 dollars.

My guess is that this is ingenuity from poor, possibly rural people south of the border, where I assume they are less blessed with easily obtained electronics.

Still insane and maybe suicidal, but slightly more forgivable.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Darth Freddy posted:

Dude there are levels of poor that can't afford 80 dollars, or even 40 dollars. Don't be stupid.

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

I honestly doubt they make up much of the life hack crowd.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Hirayuki posted:

They haven't even made it as far west as Michigan.

I'm a fellow Michigoon and I've seen them before, but very rarely, and only really in weird places like when you go to like a cheap rear end church picnic that your religious friend in school drags you to and like, they only have hot dogs and baked beans and nothing.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

Dude there are levels of poor that can't afford 80 dollars, or even 40 dollars. Don't be stupid.

That's true. On the other hand, walmart. http://www.walmart.com/ip/Backyard-Grill-156-sq-in-Portable-Charcoal-Grill/19597662 If :10bux: is too expensive, I'm not sure how you would be able to afford meat to grill.

Just an open campfire, a frying pan and a pot holder would be better than using an old chair with dubious paint as a grill surface.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Angela Christine posted:

That's true. On the other hand, walmart. http://www.walmart.com/ip/Backyard-Grill-156-sq-in-Portable-Charcoal-Grill/19597662 If :10bux: is too expensive, I'm not sure how you would be able to afford meat to grill.

Just an open campfire, a frying pan and a pot holder would be better than using an old chair with dubious paint as a grill surface.

Of course using a chair isn't a good idea, that's why that pic came from some kind of ThereIFixedIt type site, not a lifehack site. Don't be stupid.