Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

ApeHawk posted:

Get hyped?

What the hell is going on in the World Completion thinger? That's over twice as many Hearts than are in the game and fewer waypoints, also no vistas.

Something's trolly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
Maguuma continues to dominate WvW

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack

ApeHawk posted:

Get hyped?

Everybody can ignore this for the time being. This is an old, old beta screenshot that eventually went to making a map of the full world, one of the first we saw.

Note how there are no vistas in the world completion stats and there are practically twice as many hearts. And the font is the old font.

WoodenPotatoes is the one who tweeted this. He's got some kind of video coming out today, but until we see what he has cooking, just assume this leads to nothing.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Kajeesus posted:

What the hell is going on in the World Completion thinger? That's over twice as many Hearts than are in the game and fewer waypoints, also no vistas.

Something's trolly

Even the skillpoint icon is different. There is no way this is isn't fake/troll/old. I'd love Crystal Desert though...

Bag of Hamsters
Jul 12, 2006

Gimme yer frickin pancreas

I needs it for reasons.

Hizke posted:

My take: we're going to thunderhead keep and ring of fire islands after crystal desert, Cantha and Elona never.

Yup. I'm pretty convinced it's Prophecies all over again, although I would not be surprised if we hit Elona first due to the land bridge.

Navigating sandworms from the inside!

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

Bag of Hamsters posted:

Yup. I'm pretty convinced it's Prophecies all over again, although I would not be surprised if we hit Elona first due to the land bridge.

Navigating sandworms from the inside!

https://soundcloud.com/arenanet/superadventurebox-warpworm

Lonk fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Aug 26, 2014

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

Here I go, deep type flow.
Jacques Cousteau could never get this low.
Gem store sales for today

Dreamcleaver Logging Axe – 1000 gems
Frost Wasp Logging Tool – 1000 gems
Chop – It – All Logging Axe – 1000 gems
Transmutation Charge – 5 for 105 gems, 10 for 210 gems, 25 for 525 gems (30% OFF)
WXP Booster – 101 gems each or 5 for 371 gems (25% OFF)

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack

MacBook Air Gamer posted:

Transmutation Charge – 5 for 105 gems, 10 for 210 gems, 25 for 525 gems (30% OFF)

Those aren't 30 percent off prices for the 10- or 25-count charges. Via Reddit, "30% off of 270 is 189, not 210. 30% off of 600 is 420, not 525."

Redmanred
Aug 29, 2005

My hometown japan
:japan:

Lonk posted:

Maguuma continues to dominate WvW

It's all a big trick you see. We'll let them think they have our map and easily get all the points, but we have a secret weapon in this war that is ready to deploy.

The cake lich

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/september-2014-feature-pack-improvements-galore/

no more dungeon instance owners, nice.

Crimsonbeak
Nov 7, 2004

quote:

That’s it for today! Come back tomorrow and learn about some of the cool new items we’re adding to each crafting discipline!

Looks like the crafting backpacks they put out in China are coming out here.
edit: link to backpacks http://imgur.com/a/e4D2e

Crimsonbeak fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Aug 26, 2014

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

loving finally.

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack

We got popped out of fractals yesterday because of this and got in an argument about whether there was an owner or not. The timing of this is great.

shrach
Jan 10, 2004

daylight ssssaving time

Crimsonbeak posted:

What a great new "feature" that will be.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Crimsonbeak posted:

I can't wait for a picnic basket backpack.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Crimsonbeak posted:

cant wait to wear an entire loving fridge on my back

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

It's like Christmas.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
My uncle at Nintendo said the performance improvements are impressive.

Aww yeah.

Also rip dungeon sellers.

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star
Those are some drat fine hobo sacks.

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
Imagine actually running around with an anvil hanging from your pack though

Ebola Dog
Apr 3, 2011

Dinosaurs are directly related to turtles!
"Improvements galore" - List of three things.

Traxus IV
Sep 11, 2001

it's our time now
let's get this shit started

Baron Snow posted:

Any Dentists that want to be represented in my contest entry should PM me a screen shot of their character.

Sent you a shot from the character select screen, that alright or did you want in-game?

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot

Isorenieratane posted:

Game is dead, we're all playing Archeage now. Boob physics.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
Hey, are goons still setting up teams for the next spvp tournament? I'm not that great at it, but I think that at least trying would be pretty fun.

And if you are finished making teams, does any other late/lazy rear end in a top hat wanna make a terrible team to try it out?

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

Baron Snow posted:

Any Dentists that want to be represented in my contest entry should PM me a screen shot of their character.

I would like to be represented. Here's an in game shot of my character.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Hefty posted:

I would like to be represented. Here's an in game shot of my character.

Jesus christ it still manages to surprise me.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Isorenieratane posted:

More than an expansion's worth of content!

Traxus IV
Sep 11, 2001

it's our time now
let's get this shit started

CLAM DOWN posted:

Jesus christ it still manages to surprise me.

The gift that keeps on giving. Big ups to the artist who posted the original image for me to scavenge from! He has provided immeasurable joy for this thread, I'm sure.

Enjoy~

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

Traxus IV posted:

The gift that keeps on giving. Big ups to the artist who posted the original image for me to scavenge from! He has provided immeasurable joy for this thread, I'm sure.

Enjoy~

This man has no dick.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Forgall posted:

This man has no dick.

That is no man.

Rynder
Mar 26, 2009

CLAM DOWN posted:

That is no man.

A few pages back we established that the women asura have them too, though.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Forgall posted:

This man has no dick.
Yes, it's true. Well.. that's what I heard.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Kajeesus posted:

^Where did you get that!?

What? Necros are some of the best AoE damage dealers. Wells, staff, death shroud and like 70% of their non-1 weapon skills do AoE. They're not the best when fighting three targets in melee range, but they're top of the line for non-cleave AoE.
I may not have been clear enough but the the context I was talking about was PvE and dungeons. In dungeons particularly, your point about cleave damage is actually the most important thing. Staff and wells do AOE damage, sure, but they're on long cooldowns (wells in particular) and their damage is reasonable but not particularly high because they all have secondary effects.

As of right now, Necros don't have a good weapon that has a cleaving auto attack (staff auto pierces but it's really not very good damage) meaning that after they've placed their wells and/or staff marks they're sitting there only attacking a single target. This is clearly something that the Devs also consider an issue as it's being addressed in the September patch with dagger auto cleaving a second target. I'd personally have made it 3 targets and lowered the damage on the chain slightly but it'll still be a huge improvement.

I know a lot of goons don't pay attention to the meta game at all (and we certainly don't care what build or gear you use in dungeons) but I know I personally prefer to perform as well as I can in groups so I like to have a realistic idea of what the classes I'm playing can do. My responses were also to newer players who we're asking about the classes and being told 'you have AoE skills and therefore you're the best AoE :haw:' when it's not considered the case by the general population is kind of not helping them.

That said, Necros are great in pretty much every area of the game outside of dungeons and should be much more competitive in dungeons as well after the feature patch so my comments are really only valid for another 2 weeks.

Rynder
Mar 26, 2009
Necros are weird and gross. Any ranger not using the goofy reef drake is also weird and gross.

Also brown bears have tiny heads.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Mercurius posted:

As of right now, Necros don't have a good weapon that has a cleaving auto attack (staff auto pierces but it's really not very good damage) meaning that after they've placed their wells and/or staff marks they're sitting there only attacking a single target. This is clearly something that the Devs also consider an issue as it's being addressed in the September patch with dagger auto cleaving a second target. I'd personally have made it 3 targets and lowered the damage on the chain slightly but it'll still be a huge improvement.

No, after that you have Life Transfer/Tainted Shackles and Life Blast if traited to penetrate as well as Axe 3, Scepter 2, Focus 4 and/or Warhorn/Dagger 4/5. It's not quite enough to do constant pressure, but it's a ton of up-front damage.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Kajeesus posted:

No, after that you have Life Transfer/Tainted Shackles and Life Blast if traited to penetrate as well as Axe 3, Scepter 2, Focus 4 and/or Warhorn/Dagger 4/5. It's not quite enough to do constant pressure, but it's a ton of up-front damage.
AoE burst is great in WvW but high sustained damage is way more important in PvE because outside of Aetherpath everything is a giant sack of HP that'll survive your burst with most of its health. Do you think the Devs are making dagger auto cleave because they're bored?

Edit: I forgot that you can apparently have 6 weapons equipped at once as a Necro. My bad.

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

Mercurius posted:

AoE burst is great in WvW but high sustained damage is way more important in PvE because outside of Aetherpath everything is a giant sack of HP that'll survive your burst with most of its health. Do you think the Devs are making dagger auto cleave because they're bored?

Edit: I forgot that you can apparently have 6 weapons equipped at once as a Necro. My bad.

To be fair, they have to balance the funny quotes when you summon minions somehow.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Mormon Star Wars posted:

To be fair, they have to balance the funny quotes when you summon minions somehow.
My necro's a Sylvari and it used to make me giggle every time one of my minions would get killed and I'd hear Commander Shepard going 'No, my minion! Oh well, I can make another one'. The VA work in this game is really pretty good as evidenced by the heated debates we've had in Goon Squad the last week on what everyone's favourite and most hated is.

Fake edit: in before Kakapo and 'I...can't...move'.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Mercurius posted:

My necro's a Sylvari and it used to make me giggle every time one of my minions would get killed and I'd hear Commander Shepard going 'No, my minion! Oh well, I can make another one'. The VA work in this game is really pretty good as evidenced by the heated debates we've had in Goon Squad the last week on what everyone's favourite and most hated is.

Fake edit: in before Kakapo and 'I...can't...move'.

NO NO NO. We shoul-NO NO-NO NO NO NO. We should go to the armory. That's where Zad-NO NO NO-

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

Kajeesus posted:

Yes, yes, all of these things technically hit more than 1 target. Excellent.

• Locked thread