Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Last 1.6km today http://www.rtve.es/alacarta/videos/vuelta-ciclista-a-espana/australiano-michael-matthews-gana-arcos-nuevo-lider/2726097/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anachronist
Feb 13, 2009

My friend and I are in a picture on manual for speed and I'm unreasonably excited about it. Watching the pro challenge come through golden live was awesome though, and seeing the replay was super cool too.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/report-alonsos-manager-confirms-worldtour-licence-request

I'm guessing they are in talks with some riders.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

I thought they were going to try and get Cannondales licence?

Macasaurus
Oct 12, 2012

The plains in Spain are full of sprint trains.

borapt
Jul 14, 2008
Anyone got a list of races Horner didn't finish/start this year? I feel like I've read that story over and over again, but I don't know if my memory is faulty. Dude should retire already.

Matthews/Degenkolb trading blows in stages 3/4. Love the lumpy/technical finishes. Now if Dan Martin could pick up a stage win, I'd be totally happy.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Its weird that the Vuelta is always the ginger stepchild of Grand Tours for media coverage, despite this one having one of the best lineups in recent years.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*

serious gaylord posted:

Its weird that the Vuelta is always the ginger stepchild of Grand Tours for media coverage, despite this one having one of the best lineups in recent years.

No it's not. Nobody like Spain. Or Spaniards.

Also Spain is broke as gently caress.

dema
Aug 13, 2006

Lack of a Tour Tracker type app is keeping me from following it live.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Yeah I really wish there was a tour tracker or someone tossing the entire stages up on youtubes. Remember when RAI put whole stages up on the website and had live streaming from the Giro?

I fuckin' love the Vuelta.

Box Hill Strangler
Jun 27, 2007

Frozen peas are on special at Woolies! Bargain!
Spain is awesome, Vuelta constantly owns, and more often than not lately is best GT. Let it remain on the downlow so we can look down our noses at people who only watch the tour.

Im into some pretty obscure bike races, you probably havent heard of them :smug:

Also Ill believe the Alonso thing when I see it. I love Fred, F1 and cycling so itd give me a fullon sportboner, but weve already heard this story twice before, and alonso/cycling talk during the vuelta surprises me not.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

I don't know why Bouhanni thought he could ever pass on the right there.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me

Smirr posted:

I don't know why Bouhanni thought he could ever pass on the right there.

I remember him doing it successfully earlier in the year, but he wasn't getting pummeled by inflatable dicks then.

e: It was the Giro stage 7

paddyboat fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Aug 27, 2014

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Dr.Bikini BSc. CEO posted:

Spain is awesome, Vuelta constantly owns, and more often than not lately is best GT. Let it remain on the downlow so we can look down our noses at people who only watch the tour.

Eh not really, its a lot of racing on wide roads in brutal weather with ugly scenery and bad camera work (sounds like tour of california actually). 2012 Vuelta was great thanks to Alberto but last year Horner won.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Paddyb posted:

I remember him doing it successfully earlier in the year, but he wasn't getting pummeled by inflatable dicks then.

e: It was the Giro stage 7

So that's what that sprint reminded me of. It's insane how much more of the road was usable there compared to today's finish.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Bouhanni blocked himself in.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
I genuinely dislike a solid week of sprint stages at a GT.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

We haven't had a solid week of sprint stages?

My bold prediction is Purito going to take the lead tomorrow.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

gently caress Froome

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Haha wow, I did not expect Valverde to pacemake the entire goddamn way and still win.

Dirtanium
Aug 3, 2007
I'm hoping for some drama between Quintana and Valverde.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Dirtanium posted:

I'm hoping for some drama between Quintana and Valverde.

Valverde is the ruse so movistar don't have to defend the red jersey this early.

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

Was able to keep an eye on the race till the last 3km. Hopefully be able to catch a whole stage some day.

Glad to see Contador keeping up.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me

African AIDS cum posted:

gently caress Froome

watching him ride makes my eyes bleed

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry
oh God wrong thread.

Go Quintana though.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

DONT TOUCH THE PC
Jul 15, 2001

You should try it, it's a real buzz.
what a wheel change.

Clugg
Apr 21, 2005

I'm annoyed that SBS is only showing the last third of the Vuelta. Are there any non-geoblocked streams going? PM if anybody is aware of any.

I only want to see Froome lose time; it's for a good cause.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Did the camera bike just run over Hesjedal's bike?

DONT TOUCH THE PC
Jul 15, 2001

Hesjedal down, the motard ran over his bike.

DONT TOUCH THE PC
Jul 15, 2001

we get some post-finish entertainment with those fighting knights on the tower.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Clugg posted:

I'm annoyed that SBS is only showing the last third of the Vuelta. Are there any non-geoblocked streams going? PM if anybody is aware of any.

I only want to see Froome lose time; it's for a good cause.

Seems he gained 2 seconds today instead.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Chuffed for De Marchi, he's been on the attack everywhere for the last two months it seems.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Okay, which one of you was this: http://fittish.deadspin.com/cyclists-confuse-laundry-soap-for-sports-drink-end-up-1628569741/+tcraggs22

quote:

Six cyclists preparing to start a race in Østlendingen, Norway, were hospitalized today after they all drank laundry detergent, believing it to be some kind of sports drink. They are all fine, so it's OK to laugh.

The town's paper, the Østlendingen, reported that the detergent was a new product developed specifically for athletic apparel. The race organizers had even passed it out at a previous race without incident. "No one drank the samples," the race's bewildered press officer said.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
But how did it taste?

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
I had some new sports drink they were giving out after a race a while back and I'm thinking it was the same stuff in retrospect.

I am NOT Norwegian though

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
De Marchi killing it wearing The Number of the Beast.

Then I saw Froome sprinting at the end...

DONT TOUCH THE PC
Jul 15, 2001

Igor Decraene (Junior World Time Trial Champion) died, according to RTBF it was due to a road accident, but VRT is speculating that it might be suicide. :(

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

We have echelons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DONT TOUCH THE PC
Jul 15, 2001

..and we got echelons :-)