Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Waffleman_ posted:

The answer was that Tower of Gray was like the second/third Stand battle (if you count Avdol and Jotaro in the prison) and Araki hadn't established how fast SP was yet.

No, obviously that beetle had an anti-timestop ability.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
So this is a thing. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOwonENQ-U4

Beef Waifu posted:

People attributing Star Platinum's super speed to time stopping are insane.

Yeah. Jotaro just develops new powers whenever Araki wants him to until deciding that time stopping is pretty cool and giving him that power as Star Platinum's only real ability from that point onwards.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
The only time Jotaro stopped time outside of the DIO fight in part III is the D'Arby encounter :colbert:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I choose to believe Jotaro just mugged someone of their cigar and beverage while D'arby was distracted by Jotaro's confidence in his cards.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
That's exactly what happened and why Jotaro owns.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

So, I found this earlier today.

Sounds like it'd be a great ending theme for a handheld Jojo game.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
It'll be neat if the visual effect in the anime for when star platinum grabbed lovers was David foreshadowing the time stopping power

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
If anything should foreshadow SP's time stop, it should be D'arby.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Do not touch that fight, it is perfect the way it is.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Not anything egregious, but maybe they could just have D'arby say an additional line like "could his power be the same as Lord Dio's?!" or something.

Really, I'm just not looking forward to a whole new generation of people complaining about the resolution to the Dio fight.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
I thought it was pretty clear that the reason darby flips the gently caress out over jotaro swiping the drink/cigar is because he thinks he can stop time (and the dude is so scared of that power that even the idea of betraying dio causes him to foam at the mouth and pass out)

With that said

Beef Waifu posted:

Do not touch that fight, it is perfect the way it is.

actually spelling this poo poo out would ruin the whole thing.

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.
Quick sketch just now I wanna come back to finish later.

HEY  HEY!

Spacedad fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Aug 27, 2014

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

The real Pokemon begins here
Ay Caramba.

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

Kabanaw posted:

Ay Caramba.
DOH!

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

DOH MY GOD!

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Lisa needs 「braces」

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

Do you remember how many donuts you have eaten in your life?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Nobody better lay a finger on my Butterfinger!

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

CERTIFIED FRESH AS HELL DOC MAKER

Ned Flanders Wants a Quiet Life

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
Quoting from anime thread but

umalt posted:

Man, looking up ahead in the series and I'm just finding it hard to believe that Jotaro is capable of having a daughter.

I mean, Jojo's borderline autistic so I just can't see him being able to have a relationship with a woman at all; let alone get one pregnant.

...It's probably gonna be explained later isn't it...

Heh.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Jotaro's only love is the sea.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Are they posting spoilers in the anime thread again?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

They're dropping references to Jolyne and Jotaro's wife in Stone Ocean.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

Are they posting spoilers in the anime thread again?

I don't want to get in trouble for backseat modding so I try to stay quiet about it, but it bothers me so much when they do and I just want to yell "Shut the gently caress up about what hasn't already happened already" sometimes.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Just report them.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

They're dropping references to Jolyne and Jotaro's wife in Stone Ocean.

Jolyne I understand, but we've MET Kakyoin.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
...pretty much the only thing that spoils is that Jotaro survives part 3, though? "Jotaro has a kid at some point" tells you nothing about the plot of Stone Ocean.

e: also, the heroes having kids who go on to be protagonists is literally the central gimmick of JoJo

SALT CURES HAM fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Aug 27, 2014

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

The Vosgian Beast posted:

Jolyne I understand, but we've MET Kakyoin.

Is it wrong to tell them about him laying that egg?

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

The real Pokemon begins here

SALT CURES HAM posted:

...pretty much the only thing that spoils is that Jotaro survives part 3, though? "Jotaro has a kid at some point" tells you nothing about the plot of Stone Ocean.

I'm so used to people just dropping stuff like this in the anime thread that my brain went "god dammit stop saying stuff about not part 3" and I forgot which thread this is and reported this post :doh:

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

SALT CURES HAM posted:

e: also, the heroes having kids who go on to be protagonists is literally the central gimmick of JoJo

It doesn't matter there are literally two threads dedicated to jojo so "actually a spoiler" or not everyone in the other thread needs to close their loving mouth about poo poo that's past the latest episode.

It's such a loving simple concept that I'm not sure how motherfuckers who own a credit card can't stop loving up over and over.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

SALT CURES HAM posted:

It kinda spoils that Jotaro survives DIU as well.

Not to mention that Jotaro dying in Stardust Crusaders wouldn't end the Joestar bloodline, so it's a bit of a spoiler.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's not important, stop commenting on it in the thread, shut the gently caress up.

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

I feel bad about not knowing all of these.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I think 3 is Rubber Soul aaaaaand that's it.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
7 is Antonio Trussardi.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Kurtofan posted:

7 is Antonio Trussardi.

No that's Polnareff

8 is Joseph and 9 is Kars too, btw.

I'm p sure 4 is Josuke.

Captain Baal fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Aug 27, 2014

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
I think 5 might be Jolyne

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
1's Rohan I think

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

It's so rare to see a manga where the characters are identifiable by face alone. Araki rules so goddamn hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Not to mention that Jotaro dying in Stardust Crusaders wouldn't end the Joestar bloodline, so it's a bit of a spoiler.

I mean, there's also Josuke and technically Giorno, but as far as anime viewers know neither of those people exist.

Like, I could honestly see the argument for crying spoilers over those two since they kinda come out of left field, but you can pretty easily extrapolate that Jotaro has a kid at some point just from watching up to where we are in pt. 3 and being aware that other parts exist. This is like when people were crying about the figure ads in the first season because Dio was in one of them... in spite of Dio being the villain of Phantom Blood anyways, and the figure version of Dio not even existing in canon.

• Locked thread