Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Ronnie posted:

As a DEMISEXUAL I don't judge anyone by their looks *uploads sexist image belittling women for their looks*

No. You see, it is BAD when people care about their looks. As a demisexual, they would prefer people not worry about bathing and looking somewhat nice. they even says he wouldn't cut his hair or clip his nails if society didn't demand it. They want people who don't want to take care of themselves.

I wonder if they are one of the people that refuses to use any deodorant because they don't want to mask their pheromones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ronnie
May 13, 2009

Just in case.
So a demisexual is someones who is in to tramps? Saucy :pervert:

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

I have a conservative gun nut uncle and conservative gun nut friend I don't really talk to, but that poo poo's low hanging fruit so I never posted them.

This, however, comes from someone who I regard as generally smarter than average. I saw "blackface" and actually said "holy poo poo" out loud. Isn't the whole point of the ice bucket to make you sympathize with people who suddenly lose control?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Yes. It was also designed by somebody with ALS.

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

If men had uteruses they'd be called duderuses.

Chomp8645 posted:

News agencies will withhold the names of the recently deceased out of respect, but if a celebrity croaks you can bet your bottom dollar that house will be surrounded by cameramen and helicopters for weeks despite the wishes of the family for peace and quiet.

News is a strange business.

Because there are people out there who believe, "If they didn't want attention, they shouldn't have become famous".

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
I feel super-old. What the hell is a demisexual?

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003

Someone who's only attracted to elves, dwarves, and halflings.

Ronnie
May 13, 2009

Just in case.
Someone who wants a lot of attention.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Masonic Youth posted:

Cool, thanks.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

LoonShia posted:

It's someone who is only sexually attracted to people they are romantically attracted to. This warranted a label.

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

Masonic Youth posted:

Well poo poo, I just learned something about myself.

The Time Dissolver
Nov 7, 2012

Are you a good person?

LoonShia posted:

Someone who doesn't feel sexually attracted to anyone they haven't formed an emotional bond with. Basically people who want a long-term relationship and go for personality over looks and like long walks on the beach are now convinced this makes them queer.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Next on Geraldo; Necro-Dendro-Demi-Philiacs!

The most absurd part about that quip is that Geraldo is still culturally relevant.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
there's also demiromantic; this means someone who doesn't fall in love with someone before having a close personal bond with them

also known as normal

Narciss
Nov 29, 2004

by Cowcaster

[✔]Use of a racial epithet
[✔]Startling lack of understanding of the consequences of internet bullying/trolling
[✔]Total absence of a trigger warning for those who have suffered from internet bullying

Yup, prime thread material...

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Finisher1
Feb 21, 2008

IceAgeComing posted:

there's also demiromantic; this means someone who doesn't fall in love with someone before having a close personal bond with them

also known as normal

B-b-but if I'm not demiromantic then how can I be a unique snowflake???

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Finisher1 posted:

B-b-but if I'm not demiromantic then how can I be a unique snowflake???

Most guys buy a sports car.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Narciss posted:

[✔]Total absence of a trigger warning

You're joking, right?

Narciss
Nov 29, 2004

by Cowcaster

JT Smiley posted:

You're joking, right?

Re-read the linked pic and see for yourself.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

JT Smiley posted:

You're joking, right?

It's funny that people still like, legit respond to Narciss posts

Finisher1
Feb 21, 2008

I'm just wondering how s/he got that red text.

Amused to Death
Aug 10, 2009

google "The Night Witches", and prepare for :stare:

won't someone please think of the burger king! :qq:

lmao BK isn't even a "someone" with money, it's loving corporate entity that like all corporate entities here exists solely because of the United States government.

SybilVimes
Oct 29, 2011

Amused to Death posted:

lmao BK isn't even a "someone" with money

The supreme court would (sadly) disagree.

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME
Anything with limited liability is a (fictive) person for the purpose of handling how they acquire and sell goods and services, and to make a distinction between their interests and their shareholders' personal interests. Of course this should be limited to things that make sense, not giving them a religion or anything. I don't understand how anyone could think of corporate entities as anything other than legal fictions for the purpose of regulating economic agents but there you have it.

The "taxation is theft" argument always confused me any way. Why are people so against their own interests? The USA is the only place where I've seen poor people complain about rich people having to pay taxes.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
If you are scraping by scrappin' and doing odd-jobs in cash to make ends meet, you know that the difference between paying taxes and dodging taxes can be the difference between having your kids eat a meal and having your kids skip a meal. Rich people are taxed at a much higher rate and occupy a much more important position in society than you do, so imagine how much of a burden taxes are for them! Hell, if it weren't for taxes and regulations, you could probably make a pretty solid living doing auto repair out of your garage. Rich people start businesses all the time, so imagine how many more they would start if regulations were eased up just a bit.

It is about treating people the way you would want to be treated, about being fair.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

This guys got it.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Deltasquid posted:

Anything with limited liability is a (fictive) person for the purpose of handling how they acquire and sell goods and services, and to make a distinction between their interests and their shareholders' personal interests. Of course this should be limited to things that make sense, not giving them a religion or anything. I don't understand how anyone could think of corporate entities as anything other than legal fictions for the purpose of regulating economic agents but there you have it.

The "taxation is theft" argument always confused me any way. Why are people so against their own interests? The USA is the only place where I've seen poor people complain about rich people having to pay taxes.

The United States was formed because 13 separate colonies fought a war for lower taxes.

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD
E: wrong thread

PUGGERNAUT has a new favorite as of 17:36 on Aug 27, 2014

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug

Narciss posted:

[✔]Use of a racial epithet
[✔]Startling lack of understanding of the consequences of internet bullying/trolling
[✔]Total absence of a trigger warning for those who have suffered from internet bullying

Yup, prime thread material...

Have you ever heard of Tyler, the Creator or Wolf Gang before? Because I'd advise you not to check them out if that funny tweet offends you.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Finisher1 posted:

I'm just wondering how s/he got that red text.

have a look at the current gun thread in GBS (it's about a small girl and an uzi)

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

Parasol Prophet posted:

Commenting on a local news article about a teachers' strike.

No one's posted Money Face for me yet :smith: All my friends do is talk about their vacations/kids and plan small events.

i wish that face were a mod for facebook, or for these forums, or for the internet

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

People that have to make every drat thing political. I mean, really? You just needed to comment on the president's fitness for the presidency on a panda article?

Double Plus Good
Nov 4, 2009
Facebook friend decided to share her swollen pregnancy feet with everyone this morning.

:stonk: why would you share this

Tippecanoe
Jan 26, 2011

hiddenriverninja posted:

People that have to make every drat thing political. I mean, really? You just needed to comment on the president's fitness for the presidency on a panda article?

Obama's gonna need to fake octuplets if he wants to feed 300 million people.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Double Plus Good posted:

Facebook friend decided to share her swollen pregnancy feet with everyone this morning.

:stonk: why would you share this

Goddamn is she giving birth to a hornet's nest?

SodomyGoat101
Nov 20, 2012

hiddenriverninja posted:

Considering he thinks male pandas can give birth, politicizing everything might not be his only problem.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

SodomyGoat101 posted:

Considering he thinks male pandas can give birth, politicizing everything might not be his only problem.

That person is actually a woman.

discoukulele
Jan 16, 2010

Yes Sir, I Can Boogie
One of my local news stations posted an article about the 9 year-old that shot that guy's face off with an uzi. Most of the comments were about how ridiculous it is that a 9 year-old was handling a gun like that in the first place, but then there was this little gem.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

N. Senada posted:

i wish that face were a mod for facebook, or for these forums, or for the internet

The Money Face needs to appear as a moon in the sky with three creatures howling at it. Or maybe apear as the face of the dancing baby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
i got moony moony

• Locked thread