Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which version ya gettin?
This poll is closed.
Duck Hunt Dog 412 18.24%
Duck Hunt Dog 226 10.00%
Duck Hunt Dog 433 19.17%
Waluigi 1188 52.59%
Total: 2259 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

i bought dissidia just to play as golbez. he's the fuckin best.

TaurusOxford posted:

Gilgamesh would be legitimately hype, especially if he has his FFXIII-2 voice and mannerisms.

FFXII gilgamesh was actually the best because he has a knockoff buster sword, and there's no reward for beating him.

he just leaves an "ordinary sword of legend" planted in the ground, which you can't take, and when you leave he pops back in to grab it. you have to unlock it by 100%ing the game, which makes it useless

Excels fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Aug 27, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Chronojam posted:

To hell with Golbez, how about Gilgamesh?

Gilgamesh would be legitimately hype, especially if he has his FFXIII-2 voice and mannerisms.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

KING KA-THUNK
Squares Off !!

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

majormonotone posted:

When the ? Block joins the battle, Alfonzo holds the power-ups. "Leave it to me!"

Is Alfonzo from Zelda?

Spectacle Rock
May 24, 2013
Worth the read, click the enlarge:
(It is sad though but someone put effort to make this)

Now I'm sad too :(

Spectacle Rock fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Aug 27, 2014

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

like this if you cry evrytime

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

Spectacle Rock posted:

you have successfully ripped my heart in twane.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Needed Wario to fart in his mouth at the end imo

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Boy that sure did keep going and going

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Spectacle Rock posted:

A character sure did get cut from a fighting game.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Waffleman_ posted:

That comic is a lot funnier if you imagine it as Sentinel thinking about Cable.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Spectacle Rock posted:

While I admit this is really depressing, do we have any actual confirmation Lucas isn't back? We have what seems to be five characters unknown, is there any reason why Lucas (and Wolf, and Ice Climbers) wouldn't be there (apart from the whole 3DS thing for the Ice Climbers)? Sounds far more realistic than five whole newcomers if you ask me.

What I mean is...do we have any proof of cuts? Word alone doesn't cutI'm sorry it. We don't have any actual proof of what those five left are, so...I dunno, I choose to believe. Weird, since I didn't like Lucas' inclusion in Brawl yet I'd feel sad if he wasn't back now.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Countblanc posted:

That comic is a lot funnier if you imagine it as Sentinel thinking about Cable.

"CANNOT TERMINATE SADNESS EXECUTABLE"

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

Waffleman_ posted:

A clone character, at that.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Lemming posted:

Needed Wario to fart in his mouth at the end imo

sout
Apr 24, 2014

I hate fun, so I seriously don't believe there's a necessity for 5 more characters to be unknown just because of the layout of the character select screen, I feel like everything would have to have been shown to the ESRB.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

There is absolutely no evidence that there will be five more characters just because there's some space on the screen and All Star Mode not being unlocked means nothing. While it is possible the roster will be slightly bigger at launch than what the leak revealed, it is also very likely we know the entire roster until they decide to release DLC characters, if they do. The Missing Five is not a thing, sorry.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
uhh Lucas is basically just Ness with blonde hair, why do people want him back so much? Just like the Ice Climbers, he's a useless character only idiots like, sorry for the truth post.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Louisgod posted:

uhh Lucas is basically just Ness with blonde hair, why do people want him back so much? Just like the Ice Climbers, he's a useless character only idiots like, sorry for the truth post.
Because they like Mother 3 more than Earthbound. It's more about the character than the playstyle. Lucina is essentially just Marth by all accounts but I'm still going to be playing her over him.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Now it's art.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Lucas was better then Ness in brawl. There, I said it.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Louisgod posted:

Lucas has that incredible up smash.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I'm glad he's cut because I never want to see that mother loving up smash again.

His game ruled though.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Louisgod posted:

He has the best up-smash and he grabs people with a snake, Lucas rules.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Spectacle Rock posted:

this is just a rip off of that one episode of scrubs

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Brother Entropy posted:

he grabs people with a snake

But not the right Snake.

BrownClown
Dec 7, 2007

Will rap for smash leaks

mr.capps posted:

this is just a rip off of that one episode of scrubs

that was a pretty good episode

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Louisgod posted:

He was more fun to play as (his smashes were more visceral than that lovely yoyo and his back/down airs owned), and also I forget that P:M isn't Smash sometimes and get confused when people say they're clones. That said I'm fine to see him go since we're getting so many other characters.

Also yeah I'm pretty skeptical of another 5, it seems really weird to not show the full roster to the ESRB in a demo, and the "they'd only show controversial stuff" doesn't make much sense when duck dog and dr mario are right there.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Endorph posted:

Ike is amazingly fun to play in even base Brawl, since he actually isn't that slow.

Hope you didn't accidentally press A in the air, now you're dead

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

why would you press any button that isn't up + b

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I'm confident in saying that probably a quarter of my smash bros deaths are a result of attempting to do down-tilts right as I get hit (and pushed off a nearby ledge) and the game reading it as a crouch-canceled down-air.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Countblanc posted:

Also yeah I'm pretty skeptical of another 5, it seems really weird to not show the full roster to the ESRB in a demo, and the "they'd only show controversial stuff" doesn't make much sense when duck dog and dr mario are right there.

Dr Mario encourages drug use and Duck Hunt has violence against bird.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Louisgod posted:

I'm gonna beat you up

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

sout posted:

I hate fun, so I seriously don't believe there's a necessity for 5 more characters to be unknown just because of the layout of the character select screen, I feel like everything would have to have been shown to the ESRB.

The character select screen looks weird, but I agree. There's no reason to think there's going to be a bunch more characters just because it looks weird.

Two holes, a bunch of misaligned characters on the outside, and that was it. The end.

I do think there's a chance that we might see a few more, just because All-Star was locked, but we don't know for sure that was all footage from the same save-file or the same point in time. If we get one or two more I'll be surprised. Five more? It just seems too ideal to fill the entire screen like that.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Endorph posted:

why would you press any button that isn't up + b

Because you'll be attempting to do the AAA combo, get knocked off the stage, and the game's stupid buffer system makes you do N-air.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

TaurusOxford posted:

Because you'll be attempting to do the AAA combo
That's a button that isn't up + b.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Dunban posted:

I'm gonna beat you up

Okay but it doesn't change the fact that Lucas is dumb and useless, which is why he isn't in this game despite his supposed superior up smash and use of a snake, which is clearly why he's not coming back.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Louisgod posted:

Okay but it doesn't change the fact that Lucas is dumb and useless, which is why he isn't in this game despite his supposed superior up smash and use of a snake, which is clearly why he's not coming back.
isn't this also why you're no longer a mod

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Ice climbers were the worst character hth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Endorph posted:

isn't this also why you're no longer a mod

My amazing up smash and use of a snake? Yeah, kinda.

• Locked thread