Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

DelphiAegis posted:

The first few lines in the launcher specifically state:

"Removed the Delta Beacon from drop tables found on Prosecutors outside of defense missions."

All that tells me is you can't get Deltas outside of defense missions, it does not suggest that you can't get anything else in Defense missions.

I mean, it's fine that it works that way, it's just not immediately obvious by any means :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
So alerts don't work anymore. They will just teleport you to another planet and gamemode. It's been the case for the last four days for my entire group.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
If the host doesn't have the alert you will be placed into the regular mission instead.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
Well V still owns sechura but it was odd both sides offered no battle pay till the last 30min of the "conflict". And then both offered exactly 400k pay. But I pissed some people off real good and made 1.2 mil in 30min so I guess I shouldn't bitch to much. But it really felt like a setup with either side offering battle pay until there was no chance for V to lose.

Small PVP note the kestrel and glave will one shot most players when thrown. If they don't it only takes 2 shots. Kestrel was more consistent in 1 shot kills due to the physics engine. You can imagine their surprise when the hysteria valkyr gets ragdolled and killed in one boomerang. Rhyno's iron skin... Nope 1 shot right through it. Only thing that was hard to kill was a smart Loki doing the swap thing.

xyigx fucked around with this message at 07:50 on Aug 27, 2014

Bullio
May 11, 2004

Seriously...

I got this game a long time ago and sort of dropped it. I've jumped back in recently and it's a lot more fun than I remember.

It's a bit confusing, but the OP and wiki are helping. I have no idea what I'm doing a lot of the time, so I usually just follow whoever I'm playing with around until the mission's over and cash in on the rewards. Still, it's fun to shoot things. I applied for the clan as well.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
Got my first puppy last night. For a cash sink designed to make people spend make-believe spaceninjabucks so the temptation to use real money is higher, it's adorable :3:

In unrelated news, I've maxed the Mk1-Braton while waiting for an Attica to finish cooking. What the hell is wrong with me?

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Fat Samurai posted:

Got my first puppy last night. For a cash sink designed to make people spend make-believe spaceninjabucks so the temptation to use real money is higher, it's adorable :3:

In unrelated news, I've maxed the Mk1-Braton while waiting for an Attica to finish cooking. What the hell is wrong with me?

I maxed all the MK1 weapons in my mad dash to M17. You are sane by comparison.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

Sandweed posted:

I maxed all the MK1 weapons in my mad dash to M17. You are sane by comparison.

In all, I'm quite surprised at how painless it was. Using a caster frame and doing mainly defence missions in Phoe helped, I guess, even if I spent most of my time on my rear end (I was using a level 16 Ember without any extra shields or vitality because I needed MORE FIRE EVERYWHERE).

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Getting the last Corrupted mod from a kind goon finally completed my mod collection, I'm not missing a single mod now. (except event exclusives and transmute fuckups from DE)

All frames at 30, all possible weapons at 30, all Kubrow breeds at 30 and all sentinels at 30. I think I might be ready for a break.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Sandweed posted:

Getting the last Corrupted mod from a kind goon finally completed my mod collection, I'm not missing a single mod now. (except event exclusives and transmute fuckups from DE)

All frames at 30, all possible weapons at 30, all Kubrow breeds at 30 and all sentinels at 30. I think I might be ready for a break.

We still love you in battlefield. Just not sure how bad your ping is to east coast servers. Plus Ularg and I have been doing late night bf3 rush and tdm sessions. Bouncing between these three games is keeping me sane until the push the CTW patch. For the late night stuff our ping may not even matter and we can probably play on euro server's.

Also props to that mk1 strum. I tool a regular strun to 30 and couldn't wait to sell that pos.

Content. I have a love hate relationship with miter. What makes the charge time lower? And why does it randomly crit for 4-5k damage once in a blue moon?

Someone was talking about pistols the other day aklex is amazing, I have 1 shoted bosses with the crits it puts out. And it is cheap to make. Or akboltos easy to make and stupid high damage.

Theswarms
Dec 20, 2005

Denzine posted:

If the host doesn't have the alert you will be placed into the regular mission instead.

How is the host decided anyway? Do pre-made groups just pick the guy who made the group as well?

Coldbird
Jul 17, 2001

be spiritless

xyigx posted:

Content. I have a love hate relationship with miter. What makes the charge time lower? And why does it randomly crit for 4-5k damage once in a blue moon?
For charge time, if it works like a bow, rate of fire mods speed up charge time. For the weird damage, that's probably headshots; the damage boost from hitting vulnerable locations is separate from the critical hit system.

You can crit without hitting a vulnerable spot, and vice versa, but if you do both that's when you see crazy numbers with weapons that have no business producing then.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Theswarms posted:

How is the host decided anyway? Do pre-made groups just pick the guy who made the group as well?
Yeah, it's whoever made the group, but occasionally the game will decide to migrate to someone else in the group because reasons (theoretically it's because the game thinks whoever it's migrating to will be a better host, but that's rarely the actual case and instead it just feels random and frustrating whenever it happens).

Edit:

Coldbird posted:

You can crit without hitting a vulnerable spot, and vice versa, but if you do both that's when you see crazy numbers with weapons that have no business producing then.
To clarify this further, headshots are double whatever your normal damage is. Crits are normal damage * crit multiplier. Headshot crits are quadruple your normal crit damage. So if your Latron Prime (for example) hits for 1000 damage normally (2000 on a headshot) and you have a 7x crit multiplier, crits on a normal body shot would do 7000 damage while crits on a headshot would do 21000.

This is a large part of why high crit chance weapons are so absurdly good.

Helter Skelter fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Aug 27, 2014

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

Helter Skelter posted:

Yeah, it's whoever made the group, but occasionally the game will decide to migrate to someone else in the group because reasons (theoretically it's because the game thinks whoever it's migrating to will be a better host, but that's rarely the actual case and instead it just feels random and frustrating whenever it happens).

I thought it only migrated if the host leaves the game?

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Sprecherscrow posted:

I thought it only migrated if the host leaves the game?

It can change hosts between runs if you stay with the same group.

Doji Sekushi
Dec 26, 2006

HI
PS4 goons:

I have too much poo poo. Take some -

Akbronco Prime blueprint
Ankyros Prime blueprint
Bo Prime ornament
Boar Prime blueprint
Boar Prime reciever
Boltor Prime barrel
Boltor Prime blueprint
Boltor Prime receiver
Boltor Prime stock
Braton Prime barrel
Braton Prime blueprint
Braton Prime receiver
Bronco Prime blueprint
Burston Prime barrel
Burston Prime stock
Dakra Prime handle
Ember Prime blueprint
Frost Prime blueprint
Frost Prime chassis
Frost Prime helm
Frost Prime systems
Glaive Prime disc
Latron Prime barrel
Latron Prime stock
Mag Prime blueprint
Mag Prime chassis
Orthos Prime blade
Orthos Prime blueprint
Orthos Prime handle
Paris Prime blueprint
Paris Prime lower limb
Paris Prime string
Reaper blade
Reaper handle
Reaper blueprint
Sicarus Prime barrel
Sicarus Prime blueprint
Wyrm Prime carapace

I don't need anything in return, but if anyone happens to have the Lex Prime blueprint and Lex Prime receiver , I would look favorably upon them.

E: also looking for gnashing payara or sinking talon stance mods.

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

Well, if I really HAVE to shoot you in the bollocks to shut you up, then I guess I'll need to, post-haste, for everyone else's sake.
Alright, we've got another one of these pre-event transmissions for the PC to go with update 14.5.

https://warframe.com/news/attention-pc-tenno-2

Odds are on another high-ranking Corpus wanting to cut a deal a la Alad V back when the first Fomorian Crisis happened or another rebel faction a la Red Veil, though the former's probably more likely.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Doji Sekushi posted:

PS4 goons:

Nice, I will have to look over what I got and maybe post an updated screenshot, I would trade to help whoever out as well. I checked an old shot but I only had the barrel of the Lex Prime which means without checking I'm guessing it's the easiest.

I probably should be selling parts but nobody wants anything but the hardest poo poo and then they want to pay like 5 plat or go silent when I suggest something more reasonable to start. I may just try and sell off that Bite while it's still in demand.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Yet another new resource to stockpile! And judging by that name I'd wager this one will also degrade over time :shepicide:

mrEkli
Feb 9, 2004
I was there.

Doji Sekushi posted:

PS4 goons:

Boltor Prime barrel
Braton Prime barrel
Braton Prime receiver
Frost Prime chassis
Frost Prime systems
Mag Prime chassis

E: also looking for gnashing payara or sinking talon stance mods.

I gotta double check after I get home tonight (long day) but I think those are the ones I need. Think I got a Gnashing Payara you could have.

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013
What's the best way for Neurodes? I did Xini on Eris for about an hour last night and didn't get a single one.

Is this a case I'd want to use one of those extractor things for? Would that help?

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!
Go looking for dog eggs, you'll get more neurodes :v:
You could try Earth or Eris dark sectors, or the Orokin Derelict.
Basically see if you can get a Nekros buddy to wave their hand really fast in any neurode location with a LOT of dudes to kill.

You CAN try using extractors, but seeing as to how Neurodes are rare mats, you might get them on your first claim, or you might get them in three months.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

Doji Sekushi posted:

PS4 goons:

Latron Prime barrel
Latron Prime stock

I think I can make use of these, will need to check. Unfortunately I don't have anything you're looking for.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

a cat on an apple posted:

What's the best way for Neurodes? I did Xini on Eris for about an hour last night and didn't get a single one.

Is this a case I'd want to use one of those extractor things for? Would that help?

the fact is that they're an incredibly rare drop and sometimes you won't get one for hours and sometimes you'll get 3 in one go. it's all luck of the draw and farming them is the least fun thing ever.

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013
They're used for Forma blueprints.

This loving game.

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.

They're used for Forma blueprints.

This loving game.

The Forma BP is basically a list of the four items you're most likely to need to farm for.

kafziel
Nov 11, 2009

Serpentis posted:

Alright, we've got another one of these pre-event transmissions for the PC to go with update 14.5.

Odds are on another high-ranking Corpus wanting to cut a deal a la Alad V back when the first Fomorian Crisis happened or another rebel faction a la Red Veil, though the former's probably more likely.

Sounds like this Cryotic stuff is gonna be Oxium 2.0.

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

Opposing Farce posted:

The Forma BP is basically a list of the four items you're most likely to need to farm for.

Morphics are far easier to get than Oxium.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Serpentis posted:

Oh boy, another bullshit rare mat. Who wants to bet it's tied to the new ice planet tileset?

EroticBlacksmith
May 13, 2010

Sprecherscrow posted:

Morphics are far easier to get than Oxium.

Forma preceded oxium.

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013
even then at least Oxium has a specific god damned enemy you can search for

Neurodes I'm feeling like I'm just doing wrong. I guess ODA might be the best shot, at least I'll get Orokin Cells in the process. Plus, it's a fun boss.

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

Well, if I really HAVE to shoot you in the bollocks to shut you up, then I guess I'll need to, post-haste, for everyone else's sake.

Helter Skelter posted:

Oh boy, another bullshit rare mat. Who wants to bet it's tied to the new ice planet tileset?

It's pretty much guaranteed with the way they've set it up. Lots of trailer footage of the new ice planet, the entirety of Operation Avalanche (of course they'd need Arctic Eximus(Eximii?) for defence of an ice planet) aaaaand well, as others have said, it's going to be Oxium 2.0 and be bloody stupid.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!
When I saw the ice planet and freeze gun trailer I was considering making dumb jokes about Ice-9.

Apparently I don't need to now!

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

even then at least Oxium has a specific god damned enemy you can search for

Neurodes I'm feeling like I'm just doing wrong. I guess ODA might be the best shot, at least I'll get Orokin Cells in the process. Plus, it's a fun boss.

It is the best shot. Doing ODA a bunch will give you a pile of Neurodes. I have a stash from farming my Nekros that I am nowhere close to exhausting

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

Captain Oblivious posted:

It is the best shot. Doing ODA a bunch will give you a pile of Neurodes. I have a stash from farming my Nekros that I am nowhere close to exhausting

Is there some reason ODA is better for neurode farming than ODD? ODE I assume would also be a good option especially sense corrupted mods are always in demand.

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013

Sprecherscrow posted:

Is there some reason ODA is better for neurode farming than ODD? ODE I assume would also be a good option especially sense corrupted mods are always in demand.

The Wiki states that Lephantis will (sometimes) drop 1-3 Neurodes. Other than that, the only locations are Eris and Earth, which I've spent a handful of hours farming with no luck. ODE and ODD shouldn't(?) drop Neurodes, but if they do then that would be nice because ODA groups don't seem super common.

v v v the Wiki doesn't say it is, but I still don't really have much filled out, and don't even know where you would go to see the Derelict.

a cat on an apple fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Aug 27, 2014

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

The Wiki states that Lephantis will (sometimes) drop 1-3 Neurodes. Other than that, the only locations are Eris and Earth, which I've spent a handful of hours farming with no luck. ODE and ODD shouldn't(?) drop Neurodes, but if they do then that would be nice because ODA groups don't seem super common.

I thought Neurodes were one of the resources for the Derelict as well?

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
https://warframe.com/news/introducing-our-145-mod-update

Details on the new look for mods.

there's actually less usable space for detail info on the new one.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
Warframe(PC/PS4): Why do I have 1000 hours in this terrible UI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Sprecherscrow posted:

I thought Neurodes were one of the resources for the Derelict as well?

They are. But the most common source is lephantis drops. In about 30 runs I have seen one drop that did not come from lephantis.

I am becoming kind of disillusioned with the "top" tier weapons. 90% of them I get told you have to potato it for it to really get going.(I am looking at you soma) But really almost any gun you put a potato in is going to end up being good. So what are the guns that will make me say "drat" before I put a poo poo ton of work into them. Because "this gun is great you just need to potato it and forma it 4 times" gives me to opposite of OMG must use this.

Goons tell me your favorite fun guns. The poo poo that puts a smile on your face and makes you say gently caress yeah.