Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Diqnol
May 10, 2010

LmaoTheKid posted:

He also has a pending DUI that Goodell can go after him for.

Wouldn't that be a much shorter suspension?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

movax posted:

Who's his 'replacement' or goes up on depth chart? Figure I might as well annoy the Gordon owners in my leagues.

Cameron, Hawkins, Miles Austin all get bumps.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

anime gently caress pillow posted:

Wouldn't that be a much shorter suspension?

Maybe, maybe not, they can't all be Ray Rice slap on the wrists.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

LmaoTheKid posted:

He also has a pending DUI that Goodell can go after him for.

Wouldn't that be enforced next season like most of these occurrences?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Pretty good article on Cleveland from @YahooNoise (who agrees Hawkins is the guy to watch, not Austin)

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/fantasy-roto-arcade/rapid-react--cleveland-not-a-complete-fantasy-wasteland-sans-gordon-174851127.html

RCarr posted:

That's the other possibility, yes. Who loving knows, Goodell is so loving inconsistent when it comes to this poo poo. It's almost worse than how the NHL handles suspensions (almost).

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Gyshall posted:

when has miles austin ever been healthy in the nfl

I bet his lawyers already have it all written up, hence the delay.

Week 1 versus SF some years back. Caught 3 TDs. Then his hammies said ok that's enough.

axelord
Dec 28, 2012

College Slice

RCarr posted:

It won't happen until the court process concludes. It's possible that there is another delay and it doesn't go to court this year but we won't know.

I'm a Gordon owner and I'm just going to wait a couple days and see what happens.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

LmaoTheKid posted:

Pretty good article on Cleveland from @YahooNoise (who agrees Hawkins is the guy to watch, not Austin)

Charles Johnson is the guy to watch!

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Azhais posted:

Charles Johnson is the guy to watch!

Hrrrrmmm, I forgot about him. Certainly a guy to look at in dynasty.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

BigFactory posted:

I've got first pick in a 12 team .5 ppr money league. My mocks have been pushing me towards rb/rb/rb with all the wr1's gone by my 2nd pick, but I can pick 2 out of 3 of the Stacy/Ellington/Martin class of rb2's with big upside. So that's fine, but I end up with like Floyd or if I'm lucky Patterson as my first WR.

Decent strategy or am I better off taking like an Allen with the 3rd rd pick?

Bump.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.

Pro Football Talk posted:

Now that the NFL has suspended receiver Josh Gordon for the 2014 regular season (and, if the substance-abuse policy is applied as written, a full calendar year), the question becomes whether Gordon will continue to fight the ban.

Per a source with knowledge of the situation, all options currently are on the table, including legal action.

:getin:

Axl Rose
Apr 29, 2013
So what do y'all think this does to Jordan Cameron's value? He did great without Gordon the first two games last year, but that was before defenses knew to key in on him.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.

Axl Rose posted:

So what do y'all think this does to Jordan Cameron's value? He did great without Gordon the first two games last year, but that was before defenses knew to key in on him.

Probably not good things, but we'll see. Maybe he makes up for it in volume.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
Against elite secondaries he's probably going to have lovely nights. The reverse is obviously just as possible. Play accordingly or just DSYS.

Faltese Malkin
Aug 22, 2005
Georgetown

BigFactory posted:

I've got first pick in a 12 team .5 ppr money league. My mocks have been pushing me towards rb/rb/rb with all the wr1's gone by my 2nd pick, but I can pick 2 out of 3 of the Stacy/Ellington/Martin class of rb2's with big upside. So that's fine, but I end up with like Floyd or if I'm lucky Patterson as my first WR.

Decent strategy or am I better off taking like an Allen with the 3rd rd pick?

I would rather go RB/RB/WR with my first three. You're going to get an elite RB, a good RB2, and a good WR 1/2 for a solid foundation. When it comes back around look at reaching to get the best QB on the board and the best flex option available. With your first 5 picks you would have most of your starting lineup complete.

(Obviously drafts don't work out perfectly like this, but mess and with it in mocks and see how you feel)

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

Two questions:

How would you rank Cobb, Keenan, VJax, and AJ80?

Picking from the 9/10th position, if I want a decent defense I have to pick them in the 14th. I'm also planning on taking a flyer on Kelvin Benjamin, but in mocks so far he's taken about 50% of the time by 15.9. So should I go with a strong DST (49ers/Panthers/Bengals) and take a chance Kelvin is still there or go with Kelvin and end up streaming DSTs in the 14th? (My other WRs are usually something like Cobb, Keenan, Torrey Smith, Reuben Randle)

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Don't draft D/ST.

Keenan Allen
Cobb
VJax
AJ80

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Faltese Malkin posted:

I would rather go RB/RB/WR with my first three. You're going to get an elite RB, a good RB2, and a good WR 1/2 for a solid foundation. When it comes back around look at reaching to get the best QB on the board and the best flex option available. With your first 5 picks you would have most of your starting lineup complete.

(Obviously drafts don't work out perfectly like this, but mess and with it in mocks and see how you feel)

It just seems like after 7 or 8 wideouts come off the board, there's a whole lot of parity in that next tier. But picking up a guy like Ellington or Doug Martin (who's trending up, but still) with the first pick of the 3rd round seems to be outstanding value compared to the 8th or 9th or 10th WR.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Gyshall posted:

Don't draft D/ST.

Keenan Allen
Cobb
VJax
AJ80

Cobb
Keenan Allen
VJax
AJ80

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

BigFactory posted:

It just seems like after 7 or 8 wideouts come off the board, there's a whole lot of parity in that next tier. But picking up a guy like Ellington or Doug Martin (who's trending up, but still) with the first pick of the 3rd round seems to be outstanding value compared to the 8th or 9th or 10th WR.

This is also not the year to reach for a QB. After the big 3 the rest are all basically interchangeable. There's no reason to grab Matt Ryan in the 5th when you can just grab Cutler in the 10th and eli in the 15th and have the weakest schedule in football between the two.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Azhais posted:

This is also not the year to reach for a QB. After the big 3 the rest are all basically interchangeable. There's no reason to grab Matt Ryan in the 5th when you can just grab Cutler in the 10th and eli in the 15th and have the weakest schedule in football between the two.

Yeah I'm not taking a QB before round 7.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

Gyshall posted:

Don't draft D/ST.

Keenan Allen
Cobb
VJax
AJ80

This dude knows what's up.

GlobalHero06
Jan 31, 2006
not a local hero
drop Devonta Freeman for Hill?

Industrial
May 31, 2001

Everyone here wishes I would ragequit my life

In leagues with standard layouts I almost always go RB/RB/RB because of how much better prepared for bye weeks you are. You start your third RB in the flex, and then on bye wees for one of your main RBs you still have a solid starter and put a decent WR in the flex, since by midseason there will be mediocre but still starting WRs on people's bench and in free agency but absolutely no starting RB's. Not having 3 solid RBs is a one-way street to starting Jonathan Stewart by week 8.

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Azhais posted:

If you draft Eli, your season is already over, even if you only play him on plus matchups. He's just terrible.

movax
Aug 30, 2008

If you draft Eli, just spend your entire season on manningface.com

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

at the 6th pick overall in a 12-man league, is this the magic number to just take peyton? never taken a QB first before and figure I can still get demarco murray for RB and Julius Thomas with 19th and 30th pick later.

OfChristandMen
Feb 14, 2006

GENERIC CANDY AVATAR #2
I have the 7th Pick in a 10 man Work League where I'm probably the one who cares the most about drafting.

It's on Yahoo! and they wanted Passing TDs to be worth 6pts instead of the usual 4, so I made INTs -2 instead of the Yahoo normal -1.

Obviously with my first pick I'm looking for a passed Top 5 RB, Megatron, DT or Graham.

My question is do I want to pick Brees/Rogers on the 14th pick with the increased TD points, or just follow up with Ball/Stacy/Martin?

I've been following the conventional metagame of picking up QBs in the 9th-12th round, but this is probably my best chance at picking up an elite QB in a TD heavy league.

Koth
Jul 1, 2005
Should I trade my Pierre Garcon for Percy Harvin?

Koth fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Aug 27, 2014

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Koth posted:

Should I trade my Pierre Garçon for Percy Harvin?

Why?

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
I would, but ADP disagrees with me.

Koth
Jul 1, 2005

It's mostly because I really like Percy Harvin. I'm a sucker for having my favourite players on my fantasy team - but at the same time, I don't want to make the trade if I'm doing a major disservice to myself.

Also, the latest Footballguys e-mail letter they said Harvin has elite WR1 upside.

Koth fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Aug 27, 2014

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

Kloaked00 posted:

How would you rank Cobb, Keenan, VJax, and AJ80?

Vjax
Keenan
Cobb
AJ80

But I'd rather have AJ than Cobb at their current adps

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Koth posted:

Should I trade my Pierre Garcon for Percy Harvin?

If you could guarantee 16 games from Harvin this year (in the fantasy season) I'd do it.

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

MinibarMatchman posted:

at the 6th pick overall in a 12-man league, is this the magic number to just take peyton? never taken a QB first before and figure I can still get demarco murray for RB and Julius Thomas with 19th and 30th pick later.

No no no, at 6th overall you should have one of Forte, Lacy, or Megatron still on the board and you should take one of them.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Koth posted:

It's mostly because I really like Percy Harvin. I'm a sucker for having my favourite players on my fantasy team - but at the same time, I don't want to make the trade if I'm doing a major disservice to myself.

Also, the latest Footballguys e-mail letter they said Harvin has elite WR1 upside.

Yes he has talent but he wont be used as much as he was in in MIN. Aim lower than Garcon and try that first. Ultimately, it's your team and if you really like and want him, then by jove go do it, but first try to get more bang for your buck.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

MinibarMatchman posted:

No, nor will Murray make it back around to you at 19.

I picked 6th in a 12 team league this past week and got Lacy.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
:laffo: the joke league that already drafted (where I had Gordon) had Justin Hunter & Jeremy Hill on the wire.

Well ok then and cya T-Rich, too :byewhore:

Axl Rose
Apr 29, 2013

Spoeank posted:

:laffo: the joke league that already drafted (where I had Gordon) had Justin Hunter & Jeremy Hill on the wire.

Well ok then and cya T-Rich, too :byewhore:

I don't understand why you're making fun of your league for passing on those guys. You had to pass on them also in order for them to make it to waivers. Good pickups though I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

Axl Rose posted:

I don't understand why you're making fun of your league for passing on those guys. You had to pass on them also in order for them to make it to waivers. Good pickups though I guess.

Yes the jokes on you for drafting Trent Richardson ever.

The funniest thing is last year they aired those commercials where NFL players were carrying fantasy players around (carrying their teams figuratively). Trent must have been carrying his guys team into the dumpster.

Marshmallow Blue fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Aug 27, 2014

• Locked thread