Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Orion, this is Sperglord Actual.
Come on home.

Shanakin posted:

Did anyone mention that the RH202 is one of the best autocannons now? It's gone from poo poo tier to outclassing the 2A72 (which honestly isn't anything special anymore, vaguely above average perhaps). Also it's on a dirt cheap, well armoured IFV, carrying what is arguably the best-in-game infantry, which are also dirt cheap?

Pgrens and/or marders really deserve a nerf.

I think you're looking at the 2A42 on the BMP-2s, which is mostly a mirror of the Rh 202 honestly.

The 2A72 is still 40% accuracy and got bumped up to 3 AP, which puts it nearly at the 9040s level to if you add RoF into the mix. I can't see clip sizes in the armory though so idk how the RoF really translates, but I've used the BMPT and BMP-3 regularly enough to know the gun still kicks rear end.

This does bring up the question why the BMD-3 is more expensive then the Marder 1A3 though, it's deficient in literally every possible way.

Mazz fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Aug 27, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shanakin
Mar 26, 2010

The whole point of stats are lost if you keep it a secret. Why Didn't you tell the world eh?
The 2A72 has a lower RoF than the 2A42 (it actually puts out like 0.05HE/s LESS than the 2A42).

The RH202 is less accurate, and only 2AP, but it fires a loooot faster. The extra AP on the 2A72 will give it an advantage vs higher armoured targets in the form of range though.

edit: I need to run the numbers on the big 40mm autocannons at some point, but my guess is they are mediocre to bad at HE (shooting infantry) and good at AP. Shocking.

Shanakin fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Aug 27, 2014

Heer98
Apr 10, 2009

Mazz posted:

This does bring up the question why the BMD-3 is more expensive then the Marder 1A3 though, it's deficient in literally every possible way.

Well, you see, it is amphibious, and slightly faster, so clearly it needs to be priced higher than a dumb slow non river crossing IFV, regardless of armor and armament. Also, were you aware of high weak the Marder 1 line is, and how they totally need to be priced lower to compensate for their obviously pitiful availability?

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."
I think it was made pretty clear in the last big german whine debacle how utterly ridiculously good the entire Marder line is compared to pretty much every other APC. They are priced consistently 5-10 points too low for what they are, which is quite a lot when you're talking units that only cost in the area of 10-20 points. That they're getting an even cheaper, even better APC is just pure Eugen.

Also I bet the US unit is going to be F22 at 1-rookie per card. Maximum uselessness.

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

They've said the US one is a non-prototype, and is one of the ones they listed in that thread of dropped US units.

Given that the PIP effectively takes the Patriot's role, I'd guess the Roland truck maybe? I'd say maybe the LOSAT, but that would have to be a proto wouldn't it? Seeing as it never actually hit service.

The US could use a midranged, wheeled, radar SAM.

Mr Luxury Yacht fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Aug 27, 2014

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Come on home.

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

They've said the US one is a non-prototype, and is one of the ones they listed in that thread of dropped US units.

Given that the PIP effectively takes the Patriot's role, I'd guess the Roland truck maybe? I'd say maybe the LOSAT, but that would have to be a proto wouldn't it? Seeing as it never actually hit service.

The US could use a midranged, wheeled, radar SAM.

It's definitely the M975 or ADATS in that case then. The Roland 2 could be either chassis depending on what they feel like using. The ADATS might squeeze in as non-proto because I think that barrier is at like 92 now, and the ADATS was mostly ready for fielding before the wall fell IIRC.

I just realized there is a TD on that list though, so it could potentially be the LOSAT, or, at the same time, they are actually giving the Russians one of the Kornet/Khrizantema carriers.

Still real curious about the rest too, especially Red dragon.

EDIT: I'd laugh real hard if Eugen decided to squeeze that patriot truck in somehow as a US gimmick but holy poo poo that'd be messed up with PACT not getting S-300 access, especially since the 300V makes way more sense

Mazz fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Aug 27, 2014

RangerPL
Jul 23, 2014
I'm still wagering that it's the ADATS Bradley. IIRC one of Iris's megaposts said they had a unit of them operating as early as 1989, which would make it a non-prototype. They were only cancelled in 1992 as far as I know.

Mazz posted:

EDIT: I'd laugh real hard if Eugen decided to squeeze that patriot truck in somehow as a US gimmick but holy poo poo that'd be messed up with PACT not getting S-300 access, especially since the 300V makes way more sense
B-but it'd be unique!!!!!!!

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

DatonKallandor posted:

I think it was made pretty clear in the last big german whine debacle how utterly ridiculously good the entire Marder line is compared to pretty much every other APC. They are priced consistently 5-10 points too low for what they are, which is quite a lot when you're talking units that only cost in the area of 10-20 points. That they're getting an even cheaper, even better APC is just pure Eugen.

IMO, it'd be fine if they up-priced the PzG '90 to 25, and repriced all other APCs along Marder lines. It's fine that WGer is getting the awesome Marder II, it's just that other nations need to be brought up to WGer standards.

Lots of USA players ask for stuff like LOSATs and Javelins etc, but I really hope they get they ADATS because it will solve a lot more problems than any other unit USA could get, even more than shock Rangers. My beef with USA is that because HAWKs are extremely slow and both Chaps and Hawks die super easily, and PIVADs are SEADable and not that great, USA does not have any AA that is relatively survivable and can move quickly enough to sustain battles. Your AA etc gets SEADed and artilleried to death a lot faster than other nations and yet is just as expensive right now.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Still hoping for the ADATS. Hopefully on a Brad chassis, so I can call it Bradats :(

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Eugens balance philosophy is like watching your favorite grandparent go senile, except funny instead of depressing.

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."

OctaMurk posted:

IMO, it'd be fine if they up-priced the PzG '90 to 25, and repriced all other APCs along Marder lines. It's fine that WGer is getting the awesome Marder II, it's just that other nations need to be brought up to WGer standards.

Lots of USA players ask for stuff like LOSATs and Javelins etc, but I really hope they get they ADATS because it will solve a lot more problems than any other unit USA could get, even more than shock Rangers. My beef with USA is that because HAWKs are extremely slow and both Chaps and Hawks die super easily, and PIVADs are SEADable and not that great, USA does not have any AA that is relatively survivable and can move quickly enough to sustain battles. Your AA etc gets SEADed and artilleried to death a lot faster than other nations and yet is just as expensive right now.

Unfortunately they can't price other good APCs at marder price because then there's nowhere to go for the layers of shittier APCs. The Marder is priced so low, there's not enough lower price ranges for 3-4 tiers of even worse APCs. The only viable option is to price the Marder at what it's actually worth (raise the price to what the equally good APCs of other nations cost).

Of course the obvious and best-for-the-game solution would be to just price every good APC at Marder price and cut the utterly crappy APCs entirely, but Eugen never removes units period.

Mukip
Jan 27, 2011

by Reene
They did cut the M113 variants from European Escalation. Back then, USA got 45kmh Gavins with no armour at all and 300k autonomy, causing them to sometimes run out of fuel before they even reached the front line. To fix all that, you had to pay 15pts for what is now the basic M113, simply because two cheaper variants existed at 5 and 10pts respectively. The Soviets were scooting around in wheeled BTR's for 5pts.

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
It's more like Eugen should abandon the 5 pts pricing tiers, but unfortunately it seems never to be.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

They could just multiply point income and price by 2. Then they have more increments to work with.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

DatonKallandor posted:

Of course the obvious and best-for-the-game solution would be to just price every good APC at Marder price and cut the utterly crappy APCs entirely, but Eugen never removes units period.

Just leave them as inferior options, potentially with benefits in number of cards of ability to get a lot per card so they're a good pick for bulk infantry or something.

The best thing is for everything to be balanced, the next best thing is for the best options of every faction to be balanced, and the absolute least necessary, basically meaningless, thing is for all the pricing in individual factions to be internally consistent.

Mortabis
Jul 8, 2010

I am stupid
Since they're not willing to get rid of units, and units need to be gotten rid of, the next best thing is having the lovely old units from 1960 be obviously worthless. I long ago came to terms with the idea that some units will never be useful, see for instance recoilless rifle jeeps.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

REDFOR's gonna be maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad as hell.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
I'm happy Blue Dragons get competent artillery now, and... well, we'll see how the Marder II situation shakes out, I guess.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Dandywalken posted:

Are the USSR and Red Dragons DLC units any good? And is the US unit a massive overpowered gimmick in the same way that the ATACMS is total bullshit?

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

Dandywalken posted:

Oh man.

It's the Patriot isn't it? Prepare for months of "Why no S300 :qq: "

That's the only thing I could think of that would piss off RedFor fans.

Well that or the Jav...

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Deltas '90 with the XM4, SMAW, and an infantry minigun?

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Chantilly Say posted:

Would legitimately make me rage less hard than Patriot missile system or javelin

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Come on home.

OctaMurk posted:

Would legitimately make me rage less hard than Patriot missile system or javelin

Well unless they overbuff the poo poo out of the Javelin it's like giving the US a RBS 56 at best.

If they give it to light riflemen or some poo poo then maybe.

If it's seriously PATRIOT though thats sooooooooooo hosed.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
What would the patriot actually do?

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Why would they give them a Patriot? Why would the US need the game's best SAM?

Comedy option: not the Patriot, it's a land CIWS to shoot down incoming rocket arty.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Chantilly Say posted:

If it's not this I'm gonna be seriously disappointed.

Mortabis
Jul 8, 2010

I am stupid
The I-HAWK PIP III occupies the spot which otherwise would be occupied by the Patriot, besides being tracked. Like the Il-102, it strikes me as something engineered to generate the most anger from fans with the least gameplay impact.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
It's a Comanche with four Sidewinders, eight Hellfires, and a CIWS/antipersonnel laser. Right? Warm or cold here?

Hubis
May 18, 2003

Boy, I wish we had one of those doomsday machines...
I will name my USA Support Patriot+ATCMS deck "IRON DOME"

Chantilly Say posted:

It's a Comanche with four Sidewinders, eight Hellfires, and a CIWS/antipersonnel laser. Right? Warm or cold here?

:911:

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Chantilly Say posted:

It's supposed to make people rage, not be hilarious and cool

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Come on home.

Koramei posted:

What would the patriot actually do?

On the longshot this is actually it, the only way it makes any sense at all is if it shoots something unique like 5250m (sorta like the SM-2).

It makes absolutely no sense to add regardless of the above, especially without adding one of the S-300, namely the S-300V.

This is why it's potentially plausible from a Eugen standpoint.

Mukip
Jan 27, 2011

by Reene

Mazz posted:

It makes absolutely no sense...

This is why it's potentially plausible from a Eugen standpoint.

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
Gonna be a Zumwalt. Railgun all the things.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

OctaMurk posted:

It's supposed to make people rage, not be hilarious and cool

It's a Harrier... that can hover... with napalm rocket launchers. It's a Bradley with an AP24... ballista! It's a stealth Abrams!

Mortabis
Jul 8, 2010

I am stupid
It's a mobile house

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Come on home.
Cmon man, it's Czechoslovakia, it's like going into Wisconsin.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Mountainous?

Xerxes17
Feb 17, 2011

Leaks have already happened on 4chan, at least they can't blame me this time! :haw:

Confirmed:
-Patriot for USA on MAN Kat 6x6 Chasis.
-LAV-III with triple Javelin (MANPADS) launcher.
-USSR gets an another spetsnaz squad
-M113/Milan for ANZAC :itwaspoo:
-M1992 SPAAG for NK
-3,000kg bomber for NK

Xerxes17 fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Aug 28, 2014

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Xerxes17 posted:

-USSR gets an another spetsnaz squad
-M113/Milan for ANZAC :itwaspoo:
-M1992 SPAAG for NK
-3,0000kg bomber for NK

what

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xerxes17
Feb 17, 2011

Well uh, you see DEAR LEADER cracked the revolutionary Juche requirements for design of magnificent North Korean Atom Bomb!

(edited , should be 3,000kg)

• Locked thread