Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

MrQwerty posted:

I remember when I was allowed to play videogames without turning them into massive gender politics shitfests, and I miss that world.
"Hey, guys. Remember when I had all the privilege and all the lesser beings knew their place and didn't get uppity and make me listen for ten seconds to complaints about unfair treatment they experience every hour of every day? I miss that world."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

juliuspringle
Jul 7, 2007

XK posted:

You don't know that story? She's a conservative around the time of the 2008 election, and she claimed Barack Obama supporters carved the B in her face. It didn't go over too well, for obvious reasons.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ashley_Todd_mugging_hoax

Should have went with an O for Obama. In seriousness though I really hope the attack is fake because regardless of all the poo poo she's done no one deserves to be physically attacked.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.
i mean maybe zoe did get mugged but you kind of lose the benefit of the doubt when you're shown to be a pathological liar. not that she deserves anyone attacking her physically or anything either way of course.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Surprise Surprise she was a Ron Paul supporter.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

juliuspringle posted:

Should have went with an O for Obama. In seriousness though I really hope the attack is fake because regardless of all the poo poo she's done no one deserves to be physically attacked.

Considering some of 'a cop's posts in this thread I really doubt it's true.

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

No more jokes. No more video games. Sit on the carpet and let's talk

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Considering some of 'a cop's posts in this thread I really doubt it's true.

Zoe hasn't mentioned it on twitter so obviously he made it up.

Julien Sorel
Jan 27, 2006

Voted Worst Marksman of 1830
someone probably drove by and threw an empty mountain dew bottle at her

she'll probably upload a picture of her wearing a neckbrace if that's the case

also

stew quest

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

lol

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

somebody explain the context of #BePeace to me so I can laugh at this even harder

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LividLiquid posted:

"Hey, guys. Remember when I had all the privilege and all the lesser beings knew their place and didn't get uppity and make me listen for ten seconds to complaints about unfair treatment they experience every hour of every day? I miss that world."

More like I remember when videogames were entertainment not lifestyle choices and videogames threads were about making fun of John Romero's hair and not bitchfights about what constitutes rape and poo poo but whatever floats your boat

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

MrQwerty posted:

More like I remember when videogames were entertainment and videogames threads were about making fun of John Romero's hair and not bitchfights about what constitutes rape and poo poo but whatever floats your boat

lol

Hobo Grandpa
Aug 22, 2014

"Trigger" is my trigger word.

Lobster Harmonica posted:

somebody explain the context of #BePeace to me so I can laugh at this even harder

From what I can tell, just seems to be Carl Weathers generic hippy response.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

MrQwerty posted:

More like I remember when videogames were entertainment not lifestyle choices and videogames threads were about making fun of John Romero's hair and not bitchfights about what constitutes rape and poo poo but whatever floats your boat

p-much

juliuspringle
Jul 7, 2007

Hobo Grandpa posted:

From what I can tell, just seems to be Carl Weathers generic hippy response.

Well he did get punched in the head alot. On at least two seperate occasions no less.

Forums Barber
Jan 5, 2011

LividLiquid posted:

lmao you literally told someone to check his privilege

Venusian Weasel
Nov 18, 2011

Someone mentioned weird twitter was harrassing that 13 year old again. Anyone got screenshots?

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

MrQwerty posted:

That's exactly my point. You get to ignore things that other people can't ignore.

It's easy not to see racism/sexism/etc when it doesn't affect you. You're annoyed that people talk about it, but don't have to live it. Or if you do, you're condemning discussion about it, which is the only thing that will ever make it better.

Danger Mahoney
Mar 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

LividLiquid posted:

That's exactly my point. You get to ignore things that other people can't ignore.

It's easy not to see racism/sexism/etc when it doesn't affect you. You're annoyed that people talk about it, but don't have to live it. Or if you do, you're condemning discussion about it, which is the only thing that will ever make it better.

#BePeace

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe
New article on slate: http://www.slate.com/articles/technology/bitwise/2014/08/zoe_quinn_harassment_a_letter_to_a_young_male_gamer.2.html

quote:

To be honest, Quinn’s Depression Quest left me fairly unimpressed, at least compared with lesser-publicized games like Emily Short’s Blood and Laurels, Sophie Houlden’s Rose and Time, or Georgina Sinclair, Anita Sinclair, and Michael Bywater’s Jinxter. (Please write about them, Kotaku!) But next to atrocities like Dungeon Keeper or Rambo or SimCity, I just can’t get too worked up over it. But I see what it represents to you: the indie game scene being infected by the same publicity-crazed and nepotistic mentality that pollutes every facet of our capitalism-driven lives. But you know how you like to talk about the Streisand effect—how trying to get rid of something on the Internet only draws attention to it? Take your own advice, and ignore Quinn. Better to light a candle than curse Depression Quest.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
So, this is fun:

https://twitter.com/femfreq/status/504718160902492160

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp
video games are serious loving business and i will cuck anyone who disagrees

jalopybrown
Oct 11, 2012

Venusian Weasel posted:

Someone mentioned weird twitter was harrassing that 13 year old again. Anyone got screenshots?

it's dumb and boring https://twitter.com/Redzos10/with_replies

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
I used to think about privilege a lot and was interested in discussing it but then I discovered Tumblr and quickly lost all interest. Way to send a healthy horse to the glue factory.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Who is anita

Squashing Machine
Jul 5, 2005

I mean boning, the wild mambo, the hunka chunka
I'm sorry guys. I've jerked it to Peach. I've yanked it to Lara Croft. I've flogged it to Kerrigan and Samus. I tell my friends that my controller buttons stick because of Dr. Pepper but they're starting to suspect me. I've brought this dark era of privilege chat upon us all

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

LividLiquid posted:

This thread is about captain ahab's quest to take down the white whale please clam down

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

:stare:

Biggie Shorty
Oct 8, 2008

LividLiquid posted:

lol u trollin good son

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

i wonder what's going on in the life of the dude who sends "it rubs the lotion on it's skin" messages to a woman making feminist youtube videos

cis white male
Jul 5, 2014

i'm a fag i'm a lesbian
In the ensuing mess of awful I think it has been forgotten that posting a rambling diatribe about how you got cucked by your girlfriend is the most pathetic thing that's happened here

edit:

nevermind

cis white male fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Aug 27, 2014

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
I get a feeling a guy like that wouldn't be very smart and would be easy to track down. At least I hope so.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
On the internet death threats are the only currency.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

who is that guy?

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Someone pm me death threads, I want a rush..

Biggie Shorty
Oct 8, 2008

Did this person use the phrase [TRIGGER WARNING] unironically?

Nion
Jun 8, 2008

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

I have a hard time disliking moviebob. He's like a big lonely reclusive nerdy kid living out his ultimate fantasy. Which is talking about video games with himself and having dbz fights with himself.

Although it's probably because I avoid his twitter feed.

Looking at his twitter feed cured me of any difficulty in disliking him.

jalopybrown
Oct 11, 2012

false flag, it's got the sign in poo poo, she obviously did it herself then logged out

cis white male
Jul 5, 2014

i'm a fag i'm a lesbian

Biggie Shorty posted:

Did this person use the phrase [TRIGGER WARNING] unironically?

yes but the death threats do overshadow it, lets not kid ourselves here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Germstore posted:

On the internet death threats are the only currency.

What would be considered being at poverty-level, then? Because I've only had, like, three death threats online ever.

Or are we talking about making death threats?

Someone explain how death threats as currency works, tia.

• Locked thread