Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FrostedButts
Dec 30, 2011

Jonad posted:

i wonder what's going on in the life of the dude who sends "it rubs the lotion on it's skin" messages to a woman making feminist youtube videos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Biggie Shorty posted:

Did this person use the phrase [TRIGGER WARNING] unironically?

twitter so yes

macnbc
Dec 13, 2006

brb, time travelin'

Yeah not surprised at all. My wife used to work for a gaming site and she got hurled insults constantly, with the occasional death threat mixed in if she ever did a piece about gender.

She now works for more Serious Business press that covers important stuff that actually has an impact on the world, and her worst days at her current outlet are better than her best days at her gaming gig.

The "gaming community" is poo poo.

Rod Munch
Jul 17, 2001

Powercrazy posted:

who is that guy?

It's that British ISIS rapper guy's alt twitter.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

if she didnt just respond with "lol" to those death threats i dont even know

dude wasnt gonna even get close to slitting her throat neck

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

SaltLick posted:

if she didnt just respond with "lol" to those death threats i dont even know

dude wasnt gonna even get close to slitting her throat neck

She actually did exactly what they wanted, op.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

macnbc posted:

Yeah not surprised at all. My wife used to work for a gaming site and she got hurled insults constantly, with the occasional death threat mixed in if she ever did a piece about gender.

She now works for more Serious Business press that covers important stuff that actually has an impact on the world, and her worst days at her current outlet are better than her best days at her gaming gig.

Cucked her way to the top

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
I've never gotten a death threat but someone in Warcraft once told, "I hope you get raped in RL". I guess I'm awesome.

Sephiroth_IRA fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Aug 27, 2014

Biggie Shorty
Oct 8, 2008

cis white male posted:

yes but the death threats do overshadow it, lets not kid ourselves here

I have a difficult time getting rustled by hard core internet harassment because no matter how much you try to stop it there will always be someone in a 3rd world country where no one gives a poo poo about 'cyber-bullying' that can say the worst poo poo imaginable anonymously with no fear of repercussions

What I'm saying that on this gay earth there will always be sociopaths with internet access and nothing to lose. Definitely report the messages to the police though just in case.

edit: and I definitely think it was loving dumb to post them.

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

Biggie Shorty posted:

lol u trollin good son

As a man who has suffered through years of LividLiquid's posts in the wrestling forum, I can assure you that he's not capable of even the most basic levels of irony.

Venusian Weasel
Nov 18, 2011

Yeah, it is. Thx tho

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

As a man who has suffered through years of LividLiquid's posts in the wrestling forum, I can assure you that he's not capable of even the most basic levels of irony.

On the other hand you guys post in the wrestling forum

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

the top bunk wanksta!!

jalopybrown
Oct 11, 2012
video games should be more like wrestling and have likeable kawaii women like aj lee

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
i got a death threat and also banned when i posted goatkcd on xkcds forum

lmbo

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

Wade Wilson posted:

What would be considered being at poverty-level, then? Because I've only had, like, three death threats online ever.

Or are we talking about making death threats?

Someone explain how death threats as currency works, tia.

I don't know. I didn't really think about it very hard.

Rad Tad
Jul 2, 2014

all of my ethical stances on these issues are derived from whoever did the best dark souls let's play

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

just postin death threats under my own name here.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Rad Tad posted:

all of my ethical stances on these issues are derived from whoever did the best dark souls let's play

It was jumpin

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

jalopybrown posted:

video games should be more like wrestling and have likeable kawaii women like aj lee

People should get hit with chairs more often too

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
If zoe was hit with a chair and power bombed from the top of a cage i bet none of this would have happened

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
[TRIGGER WARNING]

falcon2424
May 2, 2005

LividLiquid posted:

"Hey, guys. Remember when I had all the privilege and all the lesser beings knew their place and didn't get uppity and make me listen for ten seconds to complaints about unfair treatment they experience every hour of every day? I miss that world."

These people are the Jehovah's Witnesses of the internet.

*ring ring* "Hi! I noticed you were having fun on your day off. Let me interrupt that so you can hear my very important opinion about the purity of your soul."

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

falcon2424 posted:

*ring ring* "Hi! I noticed you were having fun on your day off. Let me interrupt that so you can hear my very important opinion about the purity of your soul."

They are called SJWs. :tipshat:

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007

THE PENETRATOR posted:

If zoe was hit with a chair and power bombed from the top of a cage i bet none of this would have happened

*A long wet fart emits from the arena loudspeakers*

BAH GAWD KING! THATS PHIL FISH'S MUSIC!!!

* reddit looks around nervously*

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Biggie Shorty posted:

Did this person use the phrase [TRIGGER WARNING] unironically?

"[TRIGGER WARNING]" is on of my triggers. :comeback:

Forums Barber
Jan 5, 2011

Powercrazy posted:

They are called SJWs. :tipshat:

uh no shitlord, as every SJW will rush to tell you, there are no such things as SJWs and they are just a bogeyman of cishet white males.

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot

Forums Barber posted:

uh no shitlord, as every SJW will rush to tell you, there are no such things as SJWs and they are just a bogeyman of cishet white males.

watching known social justice warriors post this over and over has been a highlight of new GBS

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Gorman Thomas posted:

*A long wet fart emits from the arena loudspeakers*

BAH GAWD KING! THATS PHIL FISH'S MUSIC!!!

* reddit looks around nervously*

All of these youtube videos and twitter posts are promos leading up to a PPV Royal Rumble event

big duck equals goose
Nov 7, 2006

by XyloJW

Big deal, vilepilot sends this daily to lowtax.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

macnbc posted:

We're not supposed to talk about it, though, because it's inconvenient for people to hear about it or scroll past it.

falcon2424 posted:

See? It's not racism or sexism. It's "having fun on your day off."

FAROOQ
Aug 20, 2014

by Smythe
Is a 13 year old seriously the final boss of twitter feminism?

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
But enough about the industry
Did you know video games themselves are by default evil

jalopybrown
Oct 11, 2012

FAROOQ posted:

Is a 13 year old seriously the final boss of twitter feminism?

The good part, besides Abe giving him a blowjob or whatever story we use now, is the kid seems to be growing more and more hostile to feminism as they harass him over nothing

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot

jalopybrown posted:

The good part, besides Abe giving him a blowjob or whatever story we use now, is the kid seems to be growing more and more hostile to feminism as they harass him over nothing

the femenists are creating a new generation of MRA terrorists... smh they learning nothing from iraq or afghanistan

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Forums Barber posted:

Trigger warning that poo poo man.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

THE PENETRATOR posted:

Cucked her way to the top

As explained in the AC/DC song "It's a long way to the top (if you want to cuck a bro)"

jalopybrown
Oct 11, 2012

gently caress the ROW posted:

the femenists are creating a new generation of MRA terrorists... smh they learning nothing from iraq or afghanistan

im going to smile when he does a Marc Lépine and then sell the story of a something awful moderator driving him to it.

falcon2424
May 2, 2005

LividLiquid posted:

Pushing every conversation/activity towards religion-chat doesn't mean you're wrong.

But it does make someone into a repetitive rear end in a top hat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

LividLiquid posted:

We're not supposed to talk about it, though, because it's inconvenient for people to hear about it or scroll past it.

hm yes tell me more please about how a 13 year old shouting friend of the family on xbox live has affected your life

• Locked thread