Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

she's been in the game for 4+ years and i still have no idea what you even build on poppy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Endorph posted:

she's been in the game for 4+ years and i still have no idea what you even build on poppy

All you need is TF/BOTRK and im pretty sure you 1v1 everyone in the game

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Endorph posted:

Hatred.

Kerzoro
Jun 26, 2010

Endorph posted:

Sheen.

... then you kinda make poo poo up and see what works.

I tend to rush Sheen, and then depending on how the lane is going, vamp scepter, see if its more convenient to rush Triforce or Hydra, Merc Treads, Gunblade, GA.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Jerkface posted:

All you need is TF/BOTRK and im pretty sure you 1v1 everyone in the game

IE is also good.

...it is very expensive to gear up Poppy. It is worth it to show them hammer diplomacy, though.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

I was reading Poppy's patch note history and I swear she must have the record for longest time without any changes. Or maybe fewest changes since release.

anti-magic
Sep 9, 2012

We've come up in the ram-raiding business, Owl.
It's all high class now.
No more baby seats.

Rurea posted:

I was reading Poppy's patch note history and I swear she must have the record for longest time without any changes. Or maybe fewest changes since release.

It's because she is perfect.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

anti-magic posted:

The last time she had a numbers change (other than the patch where everyone got a speed boost) was the start of season 1.

The only other functional non-bug-fix improvement she's received since then was when Lux was added in October 2010.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
Zilean has gone full fotm just like I predicted a month ago.

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.

anti-magic posted:

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Methanar posted:

Zilean has gone full fotm just like I predicted a month ago.

I just had a phone post evaporate, but he's been FOTM for longer than a month in pro scene, and even with that and all the coordinated compositions you can run with him, I think he's still a really hard thing to pull off successfully in solo queue.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
Dear Riot,

Please disable LeBlanc.

Love and Kisses,

Andichu

Rurea posted:

Morello has basically said if she ever gets "popular" he will order her execution.

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Dear Riot,

Please disable LeBlanc.

Love and Kisses,

Andichu

So your allies can't pick her and feed every lane? Then yes pls.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Libertine posted:

Why not just build a bottle instead of a coin on lane Poppy? Drink from that poo poo to sustain your early lane and then build your core stuff (whatever that is on Poppy).

This. But she's actually a much better choice for jungle so take her there. Poppy ganks are actually really vicious and she can stay alive in the jungle pretty well barring Udyr/Lee Sin counterjungle fuckery.

Poppy builds?

Rush sheen + cutlass -> TF + Bork -> defensive item (BV/Randuins) -> Last Whisper somewhere in there jump on mans and kill their faces get fed and win.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Dear Riot,

Please disable LeBlanc.

Love and Kisses,

Andichu

LeBlanc is like the biggest example of a feast or famine champion except she also can't carry games so even if you get fed it's like a feast of ramen noodles without the flavour packets

How Rude posted:

This. But she's actually a much better choice for jungle so take her there. Poppy ganks are actually really vicious and she can stay alive in the jungle pretty well barring Udyr/Lee Sin counterjungle fuckery.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqTbX7s4NGU

MatildaTheHun
Aug 31, 2011

here's the thing donovan, I'm always hungry

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Dear Riot,

Please disable LeBlanc.

Love and Kisses,

Andichu

Didn't they basically do that when they removed her silence?

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
the hardest part of playing Poppy is deciding which of her massively ownage skins to use

Symphonie
Dec 24, 2010

lol just flamestrike it idk
http://boards.pbe.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/champions-gameplay-feedback/NmQ44cEA-cassiopeia-texture-and-gameplay-update

Cass rework!

quote:

Aspect of the Serpent

Old passive: removed!
New passive: Cassiopeia gains a stack of Aspect of the Serpent for each second that an enemy champion is poisoned and for each poisoned unit that she kills. Her ability power is increased by 1% for every 25 stacks, up to a max of 375 stacks.
At 50 stacks, Twin Fang now heals Cassiopeia for 6/8/10/12/16 (+0.1 ability power)
At 150 stacks, Cassioepeia gains 30% CDR
At 375 stacks, the AP bonus from Aspect of the Serpent is doubled.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Does the passive tick down or something because otherwise what the gently caress

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

I need a better way to guarantee top or mid without having to pick into the blind unknown. Hiemer's awesome but he's got a few really bad matchups that just gently caress him over

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012

TheModernAmerican posted:

Didn't they basically do that when they removed her silence?

People still pick her and feed. I absolutely hate having her on my team and wins against her feel hollow.

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

quote:

At 150 stacks, Cassioepeia gains 30% CDR
:stare: well that's certainly a power spike...

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Lovechop posted:

the hardest part of playing Poppy is deciding which of her massively ownage skins to use

I get really scared if I see the red armor poppy in one of my matches, she is the serious one.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

misguided rage posted:

:stare: well that's certainly a power spike...

Yeah, 30% CDR from 150 stacks seems absurd and it looks like it would be pretty easy to get that stack from just regularly CSing and harassing in lane. New Cass seems extremely brutal.

Symphonie
Dec 24, 2010

lol just flamestrike it idk

my pog boyfriend posted:

Does the passive tick down or something because otherwise what the gently caress

quote:

The stacks she gains and the bonuses she unlocks are permanent! I'll try to think of a way to make this clearer in the tooltip.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Yikes, looks like CassiOPeia is back in a big way then. I'll have to see the stacking in action to see when that 30% comes online but overall this is looking like a pretty threatening snake.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

+375% ap

oh wait sorry +750

no way that makes it to live

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

Endorph posted:

+375% ap

Divided by 25 idiot read harder

Anyway these changes I'm sure will bring joy to the three guys that play Cassiopeia regularly in the universe

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Endorph posted:

+375% ap

oh wait sorry +750

1% per 25 stacks, not per stack.

So 14% at 350 and 30% at 375.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Endorph posted:

+375% ap

oh wait sorry +750

It's +30%

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Endorph posted:

+375% ap

oh wait sorry +750

It's +30%. She gets 1% for every 25 stacks, not a 1 to 1 ratio. Doubled when maxed out, but that's still an extra deathcap passive, on top of the 30% cdr

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Endorph posted:

+375% ap

oh wait sorry +750

+30%, actually.

After another look the damage on Q and W are getting smashed, and even E is getting hit by a bit. And she's still completely immobile.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Looks like she would be perfect for having tear for her starting item. Morello and Athene's are out because they would take you over over the cap.

Shieeeet, getting to 40% CDR on just runes and passive or good god a blue buff. I want to build 3 Rod of Ages on her.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Oh, whoops, I misread it as 1% ap for every stack.

To be fair +60% AP is still pretty good.

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

Endorph posted:

Oh, whoops, I misread it as 1% ap for every stack.

To be fair +60% AP is still pretty good.
I assume you're just loving with us at this point.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

misguided rage posted:

I assume you're just loving with us at this point.
yes

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Can't wait to kill her in a single Veigar ult

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I'm all for almost anything that gets Cassiopeia back in the game, but I really don't like the "Just throw numbers and passives on passives at her" approach when that's really not what her problem is. (There is no actual problem with Cass herself, it's the rest of the game leaving her behind. Which is not really solved by jacking up her numbers.)

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

chumbler posted:

I'm all for almost anything that gets Cassiopeia back in the game, but I really don't like the "Just throw numbers and passives on passives at her" approach when that's really not what her problem is. (There is no actual problem with Cass herself, it's the rest of the game leaving her behind.)

What's wrong with further cementing her role as a lategame hypercarry by giving her a passive that becomes stronger the later the game goes but requiring you to put more effort into getting stronger early?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

chumbler posted:

I'm all for almost anything that gets Cassiopeia back in the game, but I really don't like the "Just throw numbers and passives on passives at her" approach when that's really not what her problem is. (There is no actual problem with Cass herself, it's the rest of the game leaving her behind.)

gently caress that, I still have flashbacks of my first time wanting to play midlane as Ryze into my friend's diamond 1 loving Cassiopeia. Wide eyes and man I got the American Ryze skin haha he's got dollar bills in his hand oh god dead at level 2, dead at 4, zoned for the rest of the lane. I don't think I've gotten my rear end that thoroughly kicked in League in a long time.

• Locked thread