Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
I drafted TRich as my RB3/4 (depending on how you stack him up against Jeremy Hill) and I ain't even worried.

Watch me brush this off the shouldas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

icking fudiot
Jul 28, 2006

Alright yall, it's draft day in my keeper league and could use a last minute referendum on this pick.

0.5 ppr + otherwise standard, 2RB/2WR/Flex, my keepers are Forte (2), Keenan Allen (14), J. Thomas (15)

First round pick, best available (most likely):
QB: Rodgers, Brees
RB: Ellington
WR: VJax, AJ80, Cruz

If you say QB, which one? This pick sucks because 5th pick will get either Brandon Marshall or Dez, so it's a big dropoff.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

GlobalHero06 posted:

drop Devonta Freeman for Hill?

No.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.

:psyboom:

This is horrible advice, don't listen to this guy. Jeremy Hill is a Day 1 starter, Freeman is a talented backup who hasn't yet taken over the job and may never do so.

Jesus dude, I know you are the president of he Gio Bernard Fanclub, but it's a 50/50 (or 60/40 or 40/60, whatever) timeshare and both guys have legit value.

Dirt
May 26, 2003

Steven Jackson and Jeremy Hill are both available as FA's in my league,someone dropped Jackson awhile back.

I'm about to drop Gordon, should I take Jackson or Hill? Jackson's hamstring is messed up again, right?

edit: I feel like this is probably a stupid question, and I'm sorry.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Dirt posted:

Steven Jackson and Jeremy Hill are both available as FA's in my league,someone dropped Jackson awhile back.

I'm about to drop Gordon, should I take Jackson or Hill? Jackson's hamstring is messed up again, right?

Hill.

torb main
Jul 28, 2004

SELL SELL SELL
I received an intriguing trade off today. I get:

Jamaal Charles
Pierre Garcon

I give:

Antonio Brown
Ryan Mathews

The biggest question mark for me is Garcon, but at face value this feels favorable. I also already have Knile Davis as the handcuff for Charles which is nice. This is a 1 PPR league.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.

Dirt posted:

Jackson is old and broken, but he's still the starter. I'd personally lean Hill because I am super high on him, but most people would tell you to take Jackson for sure.

Either one of them is worth a pickup.

Alman posted:

Jamaal Charles
Pierre Garcon

I give:

Antonio Brown
Ryan Mathews

The biggest question mark for me is Garcon, but at face value this feels favorable. I also already have Knile Davis as the handcuff for Charles which is nice. This is a 1 PPR league.

How the gently caress are you not mashing accept.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Alman posted:

Jamaal Charles
Pierre Garcon

I give:

Antonio Brown
Ryan Mathews

you should windmill slam the accept button now

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Franks Happy Place posted:

:psyboom:

This is horrible advice, don't listen to this guy. Jeremy Hill is a Day 1 starter, Freeman is a talented backup who hasn't yet taken over the job and may never do so.

Jesus dude, I know you are the president of he Gio Bernard Fanclub, but it's a 50/50 (or 60/40 or 40/60, whatever) timeshare and both guys have legit value.

It's really not but you keep telling yourself that based off of one beatwriter's hunch.

Jackson is injured, all the time and Freeman will be the starter. So no, I don't drop Freeman for Hill who's split.

E: And I believe in Gio because of what he's actually done in real regular season NFL games, not a few flashy things against the twos in a preseason game.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

LmaoTheKid posted:

It's really not but you keep telling yourself that based off of one beatwriter's hunch.

Jackson is injured, all the time and Freeman will be the starter. So no, I don't drop Freeman for Hill who's split.

It's not "just one beat writer", it's literally every reporter who has covered their practices, and all of their coaches.

Even if Hill had exactly the same season as Lawfirm last year (which is laughable because Lawfirm is old and lovely and Hill has an over 5 YPC average so far in the preseason and is drawing rave reviews like Lacy did last year), he'd still be worth more than a backup RB who is currently #4 on the depth chart. I mean, I like Freeman as a stash and hold play, but god drat dude.

keldegar
Sep 27, 2004

what, you don't like pizza?

LmaoTheKid posted:

E: And I believe in Gio because of what he's actually done in real regular season NFL games, not a few flashy things against the twos in a preseason game.

Freeman isn't the backup. Jacquizz is. Freeman is #3 on the depth chart, but it'll be an RBBC regardless. They don't trust rookies in pass pro either.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

It's not "just one beat writer", it's literally every reporter who has covered their practices, and all of their coaches.

Even if Hill had exactly the same season as Lawfirm last year (which is laughable because Lawfirm is old and lovely and Hill has an over 5 YPC average so far in the preseason and is drawing rave reviews like Lacy did last year), he'd still be worth more than a backup RB who is currently #4 on the depth chart. I mean, I like Freeman as a stash and hold play, but god drat dude.

Hill is not the day one starter. Sorry but it's true.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

LmaoTheKid posted:

You were one of those guys who was convinced Lacy wouldn't usurp Starks, aren't you?

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

I'm struggling with how to draft from the 8-9 spots in a 12 team 0.5 PPR league. I usually find myself wanting DT there, but I feel like when I do that, all the good RBs come off the board before the pick comes back around (Murray, Ball, Martin, Lynch, etc...). Any advice?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

You were one of those guys who was convinced Lacy wouldn't usurp Starks, aren't you?

Not at all dude. And those aren't even remotely comparable situations.

torb main
Jul 28, 2004

SELL SELL SELL

Time posted:

you should windmill slam the accept button now

Consider the accept button windmill slammed

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Axl Rose posted:

I don't understand why you're making fun of your league for passing on those guys. You had to pass on them also in order for them to make it to waivers. Good pickups though I guess.

That would be great except I don't have infinite roster space. I drafted Trent Richardson in the 11th round as my RB5 behind McCoy/Murray/Martin/Gerhart. My WRs ended up Julio/Garcon/Sanders/Colston and I took a flyer on Gordon.

I could have like, not drafted a TE, but I'm curious where you thought I had room for those dudes.

And it turns out hill was drafted and dropped. Crazy.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

disheveled posted:

I'm struggling with how to draft from the 8-9 spots in a 12 team 0.5 PPR league. I usually find myself wanting DT there, but I feel like when I do that, all the good RBs come off the board before the pick comes back around (Murray, Ball, Martin, Lynch, etc...). Any advice?

Go WR/WR and don't worry about it. I've been getting great results doing that. Hell sometimes I go WR/WR/WR/RB and still make a pretty good team. I just did a draft where I went Peyton/WR/WR/RB/WR and still made a playoff team.

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

Obama Yo Mama posted:

Go WR/WR and don't worry about it. I've been getting great results doing that. Hell sometimes I go WR/WR/WR/RB and still make a pretty good team. I just did a draft where I went Peyton/WR/WR/RB/WR and still made a playoff team.

I'm curious who your RBs ended up being

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Kloaked00 posted:

I'm curious who your RBs ended up being

The one where I took Peyton first I ended up with Stacy (but he fell to 4.4 which doesn't really happen a lot, but Mathews/J. Bell/Gerhart/Jennings were also there), Tate, Hyde, West, DeAngelo Williams, and Dunbar.

Three different drafts where I went WR/WR/WR from #9 and I got:

A) Joique Bell, Tate, FJax, Hill, Dunbar, Bradshaw

B) Mathews, FJax, Hyde, West, Hill, Dunbar

C) Jennings, FJax, Hill, Andre Williams, Dunbar

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!

LmaoTheKid posted:

It's a tandem backfield though not unlike Jackson/Spiller in Buffalo. Hill will be the thunder to Gio's lightning. This is not new information. Gio ain't seeing 300 touches.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

Tiptoes posted:

It's a tandem backfield though not unlike Jackson/Spiller in Buffalo. Hill will be the thunder to Gio's lightning. This is not new information. Gio ain't seeing 300 touches.

I think he means Lawfirm is still above Hill on the depth chart (which is also incorrect).

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

Obama Yo Mama posted:

The one where I took Peyton first I ended up with Stacy (but he fell to 4.4 which doesn't really happen a lot, but Mathews/J. Bell/Gerhart/Jennings were also there), Tate, Hyde, West, DeAngelo Williams, and Dunbar.

Three different drafts where I went WR/WR/WR from #9 and I got:

A) Joique Bell, Tate, FJax, Hill, Dunbar, Bradshaw

B) Mathews, FJax, Hyde, West, Hill, Dunbar

C) Jennings, FJax, Hill, Andre Williams, Dunbar

Yeah, that's my problem — that sounds horrible. I'm terrified to have RBs like that, because I'm not at all convinced that having good WRs makes up for it.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

I think he means Lawfirm is still above Hill on the depth chart (which is also incorrect).

That's not what I meant. Gio is still the starter and will also pick up some of the slack from the Marvin Jones injury.

Hype hill up all you want there's no way he's going to unseat Gio who's also very good in pass protection.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

LmaoTheKid posted:

That's not what I meant. Gio is still the starter and will also pick up some of the slack from the Marvin Jones injury.

Hype hill up all you want there's no way he's going to unseat Gio who's also very good in pass protection.

They are going to run two backs every game, I don't see how this is hard for you to grasp. Gio is not a power runner, he didn't get those touches last year when they used lovely BJGE for them, and he certainly won't now when they drafted a much superior power rusher.

Or:

Tiptoes posted:

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

disheveled posted:

Yeah, that's my problem — that sounds horrible. I'm terrified to have RBs like that, because I'm not at all convinced that having good WRs makes up for it.

I don't know man, Those guys with DT/Bryant, Jones/Marshall/Brown, Johnson/Allen/Garcon in a PPR seems totally fine to me. I'm also drafting for 3 WR and a flex so I usually wait until FJax in the 7th/8th for my 2nd RB, you can get someone a little better if you don't grab a 4th WR like I've been doing somewhere between 5-7. I also usually go Luck/Stafford in the 5th. You can end up with Morris/Stacy/Mathews and Jennings/Gerhart/Bell if you go WR/WR/RB/RB. In a PPR, I'm totally okay with all of that.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

LmaoTheKid posted:

He doesn't need to unseat him to be effective. They're not just going to heap all of BJGE's carries on to Gio. At his ADP, he's a excellent RB. And off the top of my head Bell/Bush and Jackson/Spiller are the only two tandems that will have both RBs as fantasy relevant as Bernard/Hill.

Gio's a good RB1, Hill is a great RB4 with Flex upside, even low-end RB2 in PPR. I don't think that's that hard to grasp.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Drop Hillman for Justin Hunter?

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Absolutely

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

It's not that I'm not grasping it. I'm referring to Hill being called the week one starter and this rush to drop guys for him based on a beat writers article.

Not to mention I've seen very little about him on various twitter sources and fantasy sites I read on a daily basis.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I haven't really seen anyone mention anyone that they'd drop Hill for who's really a better shot. And at his ADP Hill is definitely draftable. I also haven't seen anything that hasn't talked up Hill and frankly I'm surprised that he's still going as low as he is. He's like an 7-9th round pick depending on how deep the league is and I've seen him going in the 10th/11th pretty much every time.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

Obama Yo Mama posted:

I also haven't seen anything that hasn't talked up Hill and frankly I'm surprised that he's still going as low as he is.

On a related note:

@evansilva posted:

Here's another one: Jeremy Hill finishes the season with more carries than Gio Bernard & wins OROY as Hue Jax's bellcow runner.

(He's making "bold predictions" right now, but Silva is pretty much the best fantasy writer out there in my opinion.)

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Don't get me wrong, as a Gio owner I'll try to scoop him up to shore up my RBs but I'm certainly not expecting anything more than flex appeal out of him.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

(He's making "bold predictions" right now, but Silva is pretty much the best fantasy writer out there in my opinion.)

That certainly is bold, but it's more likely than Devonta Freeman being anything more than a flex play even if Jackson explodes tomorrow.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

LmaoTheKid posted:

Don't get me wrong, as a Gio owner I'll try to scoop him up to shore up my RBs but I'm certainly not expecting anything more than flex appeal out of him.

If you want to fade him as a mere flex play, fine- I disagree, but that's reasonable. Just don't tell people to keep the Falcons' third or fourth RB instead of picking him up. Devonta Hill is not a flex start any more than Knile Davis is.

Obama Yo Mama posted:

That certainly is bold, but it's more likely than Devonta Freeman being anything more than a flex play even if Jackson explodes tomorrow.

It's crazy-bold, but I've read his case and I think he makes a good point. Certainly worth reaching into the 7th/8th, at any rate.

Its Miller Time
Dec 4, 2004

Alman posted:

Jamaal Charles - VBD of 160
Pierre Garcon - VBD of 60

I give:

Antonio Brown - VBD of 90
Ryan Mathews - VBD of 40

My VBD spreadsheet from FBG says this is 220 to 130.

icking fudiot posted:

0.5 ppr + otherwise standard, 2RB/2WR/Flex, my keepers are Forte (2), Keenan Allen (14), J. Thomas (15)

First round pick, best available (most likely):
QB: Rodgers, Brees
RB: Ellington
WR: VJax, AJ80, Cruz

Not worth picking a QB early, there's an abundance of WR's, take Ellington and then 2 WR's at the next turn.

Nevhix
Nov 18, 2006

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.
Dynasty trade advice wanted (numbers are contract info for our league, we're allowed to keep anyone as long as we stay under cap, and contracts go up by $3 each year of the three year deals) Each year has a two round rookie draft

Get:
Pierre Garçon $29 - Year 2
Chris Johnson $20 - Year 1
Blake Bortles $1 - Year 1
2015 Round 1 Rookie Pick
2015 Round 2 Rookie Pick

Give:
Jamaal Charles $50 - Year 3

The other owner also offered to swap TE's with me which means I would get Julius Thomas ($14, Year 1) and give Gronk ($18, Year 2)

I'm thinking I reject the deal, if I took the trade I would be left with Ellington and either Chris Johnson or Danny Woodhead at RB2 (we start 2 RB, 3 WR, no flex) and I don't think adding Garçon to a starting WR corps of Cruz, Harvin, Torrey Smith is worth the huge downgrade even with the two rookie picks for next year.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

If you want to fade him as a mere flex play, fine- I disagree, but that's reasonable. Just don't tell people to keep the Falcons' third or fourth RB instead of picking him up. Devonta Hill is not a flex start any more than Knile Davis is.

Close twitter and go outside please. You're creating Frankenstein running backs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I've taken Hill in so many mocks a full round or two after Freeman and I laugh every time.

I'm not against Freeman at all, but it still amazes me.

Hill's floor is emergency flex play with a low-end RB2 ceiling, Freeman's ceiling is basically a weekly flex starter. Just because Jackson is on death's door doesn't turn the Falcons backfield into any less of a precarious fantasy situation. Falcons offense? Give me Julio or give me death. or Roddy if he falls to end 3rd/early 4th

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Aug 27, 2014

• Locked thread