Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will you #JoinTheForce?
I already have
I want to I just don't know how
Only if they sign Sid
#JoinTheForce
View Results

• Locked thread
mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire
Sheetz were saying it was a substantial pay cut for AJ to go to nxt as compared to Indys/Japan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

triplexpac posted:

Jarrett never hosed him over, that was Dixie's crew. Double J has had pretty much nothing to do with TNA for a while, even though he still has some sort of ownership stake in the company I think?

As far as I know JJ and AJ are BFFs

How exactly did Dixe's crew gently caress over AJ (besdies never pushing him properly and the like)?

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Renaissance Spam posted:

How exactly did Dixe's crew gently caress over AJ (besdies never pushing him properly and the like)?

Lowballing him on his most recent contract after he was basically the backbone of the company for a long time wrestling-wise is probably the best example.

Also it's probably more in line with "not pushing him properly", but I would say that always pushing him off to the side in favor of whatever WWE rejects they could sign is pretty lovely too (especially when their big plans would inevitably fail and they'd always end up turning back to him to try and salvage things with the TNA faithful).

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Here's the latest updates on GFW and everything going on with #JoinTheForce

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgOyWtF5xt4

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

I swear this is not a joke.

http://globalforcewrestling.com/downunder/

Global Force Wrestling posted:

GLOBAL FORCE WRESTLING LOCATES NEW PARTNERS ‘DOWN UNDER’
NASHVILLE — Global Force Wrestling has extended its borders again, this time reaching Australia and New Zealand.

PWA Australia out of Sydney (https://www.pwaaustralia.com), WrestleClash out of Melbourne (https://www.wrestleclash.com.au), Riot City Wrestling out of Adelaide (https://www.riotcitywrestling.com), Explosive Pro Wrestling out of Perth (https://www.epwperth.com) and Impact Pro out of Auckland (https://www.impactprowrestling.co.nz) are the latest promotions worldwide to agree to partner with GFW.

GFW now has partnerships in Mexico, Japan, England, Ireland, Germany, Australia and New Zealand.

“It seemed like a natural progression to reach out Down Under,” GFW founder and CEO Jeff Jartett said. “Professional wrestling has a solid fan base throughout Australia and New Zealand, and we’re pleased to have an opportunity to bring that product to America.

“All of our agreements just go to show the popularity of wrestling around the world. Wherever you go you can find athletes putting on great shows for their dedicated fans.”

Australian native and international TV star Rove McManus is excited to see his mates #JointheForce.

““I have witnessed firsthand some of the fantastic talent we have Down Under, and I believe the time is right to start showing the world why they breed us Aussies tough” McManus said. “Some of the best entertainers in the world have learned their craft in Australia and I have no doubt we have some of the best professional wrestlers in the world right at our doorstep.”

#JointheForce

I love everything about Global Force.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

quote:

Jeff Jartett

Uh, the proper term is 'developmentally delayed'.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Maybe one of those companies listed is worth a poo poo. Just right for GFW!

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I really want GFW and NWA to battle for NJPW's bumbling gaijin heel spot.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
That partnership gives them access to a lot of premium women's wrestlers. Can't say I know much about the fellas that aren't already in Japan though.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Cory Lidle posted:

That partnership gives them access to a lot of premium women's wrestlers. Can't say I know much about the fellas that aren't already in Japan though.

Everyone already has access to these wrestlers. (Unless somehow they are under contract to these companies which has to be impossible.)

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
What the gently caress is any of that accomplishing?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

rotinaj posted:

Like every other misspelled press release from Global Force Wrestling, nothing. It accomplished absolutely nothing.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

rotinaj posted:

Keeping up the illusion Jeff Jarrett has a wrestling company.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

I wasn't even posting it because I felt it was newsworthy (or for the spelling error).

I just found Jeff Jarrett in some form working with yet another non-wrestler he worked with in the pre/early-TNA days hilarious.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Is the rumor I heard of CM Punk joining GFW true?

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Smoking Crow posted:

As with every rumour involving CM Punk that isn't "Punk is probably sitting at home, rolling around in a pile of cash", no.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

As with every rumour involving CM Punk that isn't "Punk is probably sitting at home, rolling around in a pile of cash", no.

I will beat up cm punk and make him start wrestling again

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Smoking Crow posted:

I will beat up cm punk and make him start wrestling again

That worked so well for the last guy that tried that.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Smoking Crow posted:

He's ready to #JoinTheForce

Beautiful Ninja
Mar 26, 2009

Five time FCW Champion...of my heart.

Look man, Diet Pepsi isn't free, at some point he's gonna have to get a job again. Unless his job is a Pepsi sponsorship, then his Diet Pepsi is free.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Beautiful Ninja posted:

Look man, Diet Pepsi isn't free, at some point he's gonna have to get a job again. Unless his job is a Pepsi sponsorship, then his Diet Pepsi is free.
Also anime isn't free either.

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

Endorph posted:

Also anime isn't free either.

He IS an anime. He doesn't need to pay for it.

Ghidzilla
May 12, 2009
What will be hilarious to me is if TNA somehow survives past Global Force's lifespan.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

http://www.foxbusiness.com/industries/2014/06/06/watch-out-wwe-wrestling-legend-throws-his-hat-in-ring/

WWE Wrestling Legend

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

I look forward to Jarrett being "unable to confirm or deny" that Macho Man, Eddie Guerrero and the Ultimate Warrior will rise from their graves and Join The Force.

Del Raminos
Feb 13, 2012

I like that Double J references The Rock's status as a 3rd-generation wrestler only so that he can oh so casually draw a comparison between the two of them.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Del Raminos posted:

I like that Double J references The Rock's status as a 3rd-generation wrestler only so that he can oh so casually draw a comparison between the two of them.

Well he did steal Jarrett's ring gear.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

BGrifter posted:

Anyone have a decent pic of Vince Russo wearing JJ's outfit but leopard print I think? It is hard to tell with the quality of the TNA weekly #52 that is on YouTube.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

I had completely forgotten about that amazing hair JJ had, goddamn

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

How about the rumor that CM Punk is sitting at home, rolling around in shredded copies of X-men 1, X-force 1, and bunch of 90s comics?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

BGrifter posted:

Rocky had a mantle with streamers that he took off.

Double J had a godawful singlet that he wrestled in.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
that is a .8 nash head of hair double j was rockin'

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I miss the blinky Double J sunglasses those were pretty rad

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

ayn rand hand job posted:

Rocky had a mantle with streamers that he took off.

Double J had a godawful singlet that he wrestled in.

So what you're saying is yes, The Rock modeled his entire look (and career) after Double J. I'm glad we agree. :colbert:

Del Raminos
Feb 13, 2012

It's just so global
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHPYZyYzWrc

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6K00DCK1l98

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
:siren: IT'S sort of HAPPENING :siren:

http://www.pwinsider.com/article/88578/jeff-jarretts-global-force-wrestling-to-produce-first-ppv-this-january.html?p=1

quote:

PWInsider.com has confirmed with multiple sources in the PPV industry that a Global Force Wrestling PPV event is on carriers' schedules for 1/4/15. Of course, 1/4 is the date of what has been the biggest Japanese event of the year for seemingly forever, the annual New Japan Pro Wrestling Tokyo Dome event.

It would appear that Jarrett's company has brokered a deal to bring the Tokyo Dome show to United States PPV for the first time. Sources indicate that the deal and all marketing for the PPV would be branded GFW, not New Japan.

quote:

Sources indicate that the deal and all marketing for the PPV would be branded GFW, not New Japan.
Yeah, that's gonna put some butts in the seats...

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Jeff Jarrett's twitter has been hawking kitchen gadgets so that's how good his wrestling promotion is going.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

coconono posted:

Jeff Jarrett's twitter has been hawking kitchen gadgets so that's how good his wrestling promotion is going.

I bet they could get the Slap Chop guy to work as a manager.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Del Raminos
Feb 13, 2012

So I guess this makes me a longtime GFW fan ex post facto. Can't wait to follow the GFW GDT while wearing my t-shirt featuring GFW's own Okada.

• Locked thread