Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
will I later regret not putting effort into this poll?
Yes
No
View Results

• Locked thread
Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Mill Village posted:

Hey, those were just low-res versions of the originals. The only things they were missing were the player-controlled streaks. Its not like the Vita COD which was a rushed abomination of BLOPS 1.

Actually, it takes place in between the two Black Ops console games. :eng101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

JackGeneric posted:

Of all the problems with Ghosts, I think the most blatant is just that it's just so boring. I came back after taking a break, and there just wasn't any build I wanted to make, any lovely gun I wanted to practice with, any map I wanted to play, any killstreak I wanted to earn. MW3 was an unbalanced shitshow that barely advanced the series, but at least you could occasionally have fun running around with double Deagles or a thermal L86 on drop zone.

And yeah, the progression system sucks. I thought I'd like the idea of buy what you want when you want, but it just did not work right. At launch, you spent three games scraping together for a muzzle brake, and now they dump 60 points in your lap every game. Totally unsatisfying either way. I mean, you like to feel like you're above the Skinner Box tactics, but I did all 10 prestiges and a good chunk of the challenges in Blops 2, and I didn't manage make it to a single prestige in Ghosts.

Blops 2 was my favorite, so I'm pretty happy with AW looks to be shaping up.

I agree with you on the progression system. At first I thought buying what you want, when you wanted it was a cool idea, but it makes leveling pointless. I have nothing to look forward to, and no reason to experiment with other weapons. I quickly figured out what the best guns and perks were, and only used them for the one Prestige I managed to complete.

The rest was just a boring mess of bad gameplay decisions.

Mister Macys posted:

Actually, it takes place in between the two Black Ops console games. :eng101:

Okay, I stand corrected. I Googled it and it is is a rushed abomination of several COD games mashed together. It even has some stuff from COD4 and MW3.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

der juicen posted:

Getting my One today, woop. :ralp:

How did I not know about this? :ralp:

der juicen
Aug 11, 2005

Fuck haters

Zombie Boat posted:

How did I not know about this? :ralp:

It's amazing. I couldn't find the vince mcmahon or whatever one. So that's a close second. My boner ist updatee!

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?
I played a lot of BO2 - if memory serves, I made it through all prestiges, and I know I had diamond pistols, shotguns, SMGs, and launchers. It had a lot of fun poo poo in it, namely crazy grenades/equipment and a total frantic meat grinder-esque feel to it, but I never really loved it. When Ghosts launched, I enjoyed it a lot more - it's a better feeling game to play, and once you tune in to the wildly different TTK, it feels more... I don't know, fair? Deaths seem to come faster, but less randomly. Of course, that has something to do with the fact that everything has been sterilized. Killstreaks are diluted to the point of barely affecting the game, gun attachments same. Taking a gun with no attachments is barely different than bringing a custom or blinged one, unless you really love suppressors or magnified optics. Character customization is nice, really, but all the neat stuff is locked behind ridiculous challenges like 200 ping kills for that uniform I want.

At the end of the day, I feel like I really do actually prefer playing Ghosts, but it's dull. Black Ops 2 may have been a total poo poo show but it was a fun one with enough toys and bullshit to keep it interesting. Basically what I'm asking for is Blops 1 again. Solid core gameplay + crazy bullshit, please.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

This man speaks the truth.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
Honestly, I just want to play this game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nD7gLkJtHNg

Free to play too, if you consider living in China FREE. :911:

Wazzit fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Aug 26, 2014

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

It sounds like it's literally just what I've always wanted... :qq:

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
Piracy is insane in China so everything needs to be F2P.

A SWELL DUDE
Feb 8, 2005

Wazzit posted:

Honestly, I just want to play this game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nD7gLkJtHNg

Free to play too, if you consider living in China FREE. :911:

gently caress China

versus
Sep 11, 2001

:iw:
BO2 was the 2nd best entry after MW2.

Also,

quote:

This email confirms that your order was successfully received at XIM Technologies and will be processed in the order that it was received.

:toot:

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?

versus posted:

Actually, I think you'll find that if you put them in order from best to worst, the objectively correct list would look something like thfaaaaaaaaaart

blops, cod4/mw, cod2, mw2, ghosts, blops2, waw, cod, mw3, cod3

Carbohydrates fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Aug 26, 2014

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Carbohydrates posted:

Actually, I think you'll find that if you put them in order from best to worst, the objectively correct list would look something like thfaaaaaaaaaart

blops, cod4/mw, cod2, mw2, ghosts, blops2, waw, cod, mw3, cod3

Wasn't the K98 a guaranteed one shot kill in CoD2? :raise:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

versus posted:

Also,

:toot:

Yea needing a crutch to stomp on consoles players is something to be proud off. :mmmhmm:

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Alteisen posted:

Yea needing a crutch to stomp on consoles players is something to be proud off. :mmmhmm:

Not really, he just prefers mouse and keyboard controls. There's more to good COD players then what controller you use.

versus
Sep 11, 2001

I like being able to find games past the first month [this doesn't happen on PC]. :ssh:

kagebot
Oct 6, 2003
iwnet4lyfe yall

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Mill Village posted:

Not really, he just prefers mouse and keyboard controls. There's more to good COD players then what controller you use.

Oh I don't doubt that Versus could kick 7 shades of poo poo out of me with a blind fold and 2 broken arms, I just think XIMs are dumb, its the best possible control scheme for an FPS versus controller players, on top of the fact that he's a good player.

I guess it doesn't matter, to each his own. :)

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
So there's a COD sale going on on PSN right now and the BLOPS2 season pass is on sale. If I liked W@W and some of BLOPS1's map packs and hated the ones in MW1 and 2, and thought vanilla BLOPS2's maps were way too small, will i like the stuff in the season pass?

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
Everyone knows you don't measure a player's skill by their control scheme. You judge it based on speedtests.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

dragon enthusiast posted:

So there's a COD sale going on on PSN right now and the BLOPS2 season pass is on sale. If I liked W@W and some of BLOPS1's map packs and hated the ones in MW1 and 2, and thought vanilla BLOPS2's maps were way too small, will i like the stuff in the season pass?

Probably not.

SilentW
Apr 3, 2009

my It dept hgere is fucking clwonshoes, and as someone hwo used to do IT for 9 years it pains me to see them fbe so terriuble

versus posted:

I like being able to find games past the first month [this doesn't happen on PC]. :ssh:

vs did you buy a bone
tell us
be honest

versus
Sep 11, 2001

I'm getting the PS4 Destiny bundle.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!

versus posted:

rip

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

versus posted:

:hf:

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
For those of you getting destiny:

http://www.charlieintel.com/2014/08...der-in-destiny/

And for the people who need George Washington standing atop a pile of dead robots on your dashboard:

http://www.charlieintel.com/2014/08...ive-x360-theme/

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Looks like the bad guy armor from Haze. Boosh!

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Roman posted:

Looks like the bad guy armor from Haze. Boosh!

I watched an LP of that. Very much in the "bad, but hilarious" camp.

So dudebro it hurt. :allears:

whip
Apr 9, 2007

by Lowtax
So supply drop weapons can be the same base weapon of that model just in different color/stats?

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]

whip posted:

So supply drop weapons can be the same base weapon of that model just in different color/stats?

Yeah, unless the stat boosts turn out to be really huge, it sounds like they're gonna be more or less the same gun with a unique gun model/camo and, in some cases, a built-in attachment

Fruit-by-the-Foot Fetish
Aug 3, 2012

JackGeneric posted:

Yeah, unless the stat boosts turn out to be really huge, it sounds like they're gonna be more or less the same gun with a unique gun model/camo and, in some cases, a built-in attachment

If the drop guns include a steady aim/laser sight built-in for SMGs or stalker/stock for ADS weapons there will be a grind to get those combos.

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
If I'm not mistaken the supply drop guns with built-in attachments still take up a pick 13 slot so there's no advantage to using them other than the stat difference between the base gun.

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]

Javes posted:

If I'm not mistaken the supply drop guns with built-in attachments still take up a pick 13 slot so there's no advantage to using them other than the stat difference between the base gun.

Going by 1:23 of this video, it looks built-in attachments use an attachment slot, but don't cost a point. So you won't be able to get a 4-attachment gun, but you'll have an extra point to spend on something else.

Also, at 1:41 there's a variant SMG with a symbol that seems to suggest you won't be able to use (certain types of?) attachments with it, so there's another difference variants can have.

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:
:siren:New Multiplayer Information Video!:siren:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCnoeg_WOko

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
I can't believe I'm actually looking forward to a CoD game. I haven't even played one since MW2.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I don't know if I can play Uplink properly. Throwing the "ball" at enemies to make them temporarily helpless is just too good not to do. :allears:

KennyLoggins
Dec 3, 2004
Welcome to the Danger Zone

:laffo: Looks like Titanfall-lite.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Looks like what TitanFall should've been in the first drat place.

A SWELL DUDE
Feb 8, 2005

:gizz:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
The rag doll effect when guys are jumping makes their bodies just fly spread eagle through the air. It's a thing of beauty. Pretty excited.

• Locked thread