Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

ReindeerF posted:

Guys I am sooo disaffected :negative:

Pfffff I am way more disaffected :negative: :negative:

This place sucks :negative:

Let's leave :negative: :negative:

:negative: :negative::negative: :negative:

Oh God did you see that, let's talk about how much it sucks :negative: :negative: :negative: :negative: :negative: :negative: :negative: :negative: :negative: :negative: :negative:

keep fighting the good fight by posting?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ReindeerF
Apr 20, 2002

Rubber Dinghy Rapids Bro

Joementum posted:

You've changed graduated college, man. :smith:

Badger of Basra posted:

keep fighting the good fight by posting?
Now yer cookin' with gas :dukedog:

Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp

Joementum posted:

You've changed, man. :smith:

Yeah that's why I mostly reply to low-hanging bigot fruit, it's therapeutic.

ReindeerF posted:

Now yer cookin' with gas :dukedog:

what's a "gook shop" again?

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

i personally prefer posts complaining about post cmqsfqsjqsf sqqcoplaining aboutm mqfskd postingm qjlsq kkkkkkkkk

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

R. Mute posted:

i personally prefer posts complaining about post cmqsfqsjqsf sqqcoplaining aboutm mqfskd postingm qjlsq kkkkkkkkk

come to the canadian politics thread, we've perfected the post about posting cycle.

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

I was selected for my skill.
I love all sorts of posts, some good and some bad.

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

Swan Oat posted:

I love all sorts of posts, some good and some bad.

This mentality for a couple of years means that I'll probably never have a greater than zero postcount. Who was that Australian dude with like 50,000 posts in less than three or four years?

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free

Dreylad posted:

come to the canadian politics thread, we've perfected the post about posting cycle.

Also, we crave acknowledgement by Americans.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Dreylad posted:

no

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

help i'm getting roped into fb arguments about the exact subject of my thesis and this other guy is an idiot who doesn't know a goddamned thing

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

must. not. make. totally too long. posts. in. response. to. petty. snipes.

ReindeerF
Apr 20, 2002

Rubber Dinghy Rapids Bro

mooyashi posted:

This mentality for a couple of years means that I'll probably never have a greater than zero postcount. Who was that Australian dude with like 50,000 posts in less than three or four years?
Give everyone a loving TROPHY and SEE WHAT HAP

Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp

R. Mute posted:

help i'm getting roped into fb arguments about the exact subject of my thesis and this other guy is an idiot who doesn't know a goddamned thing

That generally doesn't stop them though does it

even if you post like 3 peer reviewed articles on topic

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.

Zeitgueist posted:

I read it a lot because it serves as a news aggregate but only post to argue if i'm bored or someone says something really stupid

Coming back around to this, I get a lot of my news from D&D threads. Is there a better way to go about this? It's usually the best way to get facts right about a news item because everyone's pissing all over themselves trying to prove this point or that, but it would be nice to show up to a discussion with a relatively educated opinion in hand.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

I just found out I have to watch Meet the Press as a TA for this intro gov class and now I want to die.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011

ReindeerF posted:

Give everyone a loving TROPHY and SEE WHAT HAP

Why are you refusing to answer the questions people keep asking you about the phrase "gook shop"?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Badger of Basra posted:

I just found out I have to watch Meet the Press as a TA for this intro gov class and now I want to die.

At least it won't be the David Gregory version :shrug:

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

visceril posted:

How the gently caress do you manage to ignore your old people when they LIVE WITH YOU?!

pretty easily judging by how common elder abuse and neglect is

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

i don't remember who posted that bojack horseman was a good show to watch, but it's not very good actually

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Joementum posted:

At least it won't be the David Gregory version :shrug:

True. All I have to do is pull out anything interesting in regards to foreign policy, so I can skip most of the domestic policy (let's be real, politics) bullshit

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

TODAY ON MEET THE PRESS, David Gregory asks Nouri Al-Maliki: Will he run for president???

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Badger of Basra posted:

All I have to do is pull out anything interesting in regards to foreign policy

Lead a class discussion on, "Bill Kristol: dumb person, or the dumbest person?"

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
You're deep joe.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

It's an online class so there's not even discussion. All I have to do is answer emails once a week, watch MTP, and grade 150 papers written by people required to take the class on ethics in a specific US foreign policy crisis (:suicide:)

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

in closing, Vietnam is a land of contrasts

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Joementum posted:

Lead a class discussion on, "Bill Kristol: dumb person, or the dumbest person?"

Yay, a debate. :neckbeard:

Bill Kristol: dumb person, or the dumbest person? posted:

So it has come to this. Again policy personality Bill Kristol stands in the crossfire of the public eye. Of course, one cannot deny that he is a polarizing personality in todays' emotionally charged political landscape. However: His advice, how inconvenient it may be, often has has nuggets of truth buried within his often lengthy prose. The fact that he is one of the most cited persons in newspapers, television and scientific journals is a testament to that. But can we really listen to such a polarizing person in uncertain times like this? We can and we should even. The tug of war between opposing view points has to end and it is only people like Bill Kristol who are able to do so. Or, more to the point: Public policy isn't a pageant. The faux-intellectual criticism of Kristol's work by the left is as absurd as it is harmful. Their crude antics should not be a factor in today's America. And this America sufferes from many problems, but they are structural problems, not a series of temporary unpleasantries.

And now I will look up who that actually is.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
I post in the US Politics thread to make silly/dumb one-liners about stupid poo poo the GOP does. It's how I cope with the notion that we're probably hosed.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Captain_Maclaine posted:

But marginally more seriously, due to his peculiar diet, he was actually known for being fairly flatulent, and apparently developed appalling halitosis as well by the end of the war, of all things.

That was probably the amphetamines, yeah?

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Zeitgueist posted:

so does "gook" mean something different in thailand or

do you think thais using the same syllable as an archaic western racial slur have to be using it as a slur as well or what

Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp

Nintendo Kid posted:

do you think thais using the same syllable as an archaic western racial slur have to be using it as a slur as well or what

I asked cause I was curious

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

mdemone posted:

That was probably the amphetamines, yeah?

We're still not 100% sure exactly what was in the cocktail that quack Morell was giving him, though amphetamines are almost certain of course, so maybe? I've heard it more often heard his sorta-vegetarian diet being high in things what make you toot like a steamboat. Or did you mean the bad breath?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!

R. Mute posted:

must. not. make. totally too long. posts. in. response. to. petty. snipes.

Join us, there's no need to be afraid. Let the words consume you.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Who the gently caress is Bill Kristol and why should anyone give a poo poo?

Discendo Vox posted:

Join us, there's no need to be afraid. Let the words consume you.

Or, alternatively R. Mute, you could employ your natural Belgian affinity for committing crimes and getting away with it.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

paragon1 posted:

he's a neocon/warmonger talking head and bush-era advisor whose shtick is that we need to give more money and guns to Israel and kill more arab terrorists

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

paragon1 posted:

He's a columnist who founded the Project for a New American Century to push for neoconservative intervention in Iraq and is also the first person to suggest Sarah Palin as a potential Vice Presidential candidate.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
isn't he one of those right-wing columnists who manages to find employment in more "mainstream" news despite being chronically wrong

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

paragon1 posted:

Or, alternatively R. Mute, you could employ your natural Belgian affinity for committing crimes and getting away with it.

Because of Hercule Poirot I thought that Belgians' natural affinity was for solving crimes not committing them.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

isn't he one of those right-wing columnists who manages to find employment in more "mainstream" news despite being chronically wrong

He's been on the wingnut welfare rolls for like 15 years now yeah

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

He's the editor of The Weekly Standard, which is the Murdoch-owned version of National Review.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

StandardVC10 posted:

Because of Hercule Poirot I thought that Belgians' natural affinity was for solving crimes not committing them.

That's what the Belgians want you to think.

Okay so Bill Kristol is a tremendous dumbass who actively makes the world a worse place by existing, got it.

• Locked thread