Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

that just sounds unhygienic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

what idiotic controversy is this from? google finds nothing

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

flakeloaf posted:

just watched it, pretty obviously gratuitous, the achievement is cartoonishly hosed. yeah you could put clothes on her and make the "if it were a man" argument but this isn't about individual cases, it's about a whole culture of what's deemed acceptable and pulling at threads isn't going to defend it; she's right in every way that matters

i have a hunch what may have happened is a need for the devs to keep topping themselves and it crossed a serious line. i mean, the second game did have you qte button mashing to rip a dude's head off because you needed a flashlight (his eyes glow).

come to think of it, sony published games are kind of hosed. the new twisted metal intro video is pretty :stonk:

i'm beginning to feel onechanbara is ahead of them in terms of being progressive; at least it's the women eviscerating everything in a clearly cartoony way, even if they're only wearing a cowboy hat, strawberry tassels and a banana as underwear :cripes:

dammit, video games

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

univbee posted:

i have a hunch what may have happened is a need for the devs to keep topping themselves and it crossed a serious line. i mean, the second game did have you qte button mashing to rip a dude's head off because you needed a flashlight (his eyes glow).

come to think of it, sony published games are kind of hosed. the new twisted metal intro video is pretty :stonk:

tbf the stuff with sweet tooth murdering his family is aping bad horror movies

not that it makes it any better, i mean twisted metal is not a particularly progressive series, especially in the older games with the larger casts

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Shaggar posted:

I love tits and idk why you'd want to shove those tits into some gears. that's hosed up

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

PleasingFungus posted:

what idiotic controversy is this from? google finds nothing

some guy insulted a woman on dota 2 dev forums and got his account banned, and then made this set:

and now people are mad at him

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
so the new one is cleaner and shinier and uh

welp

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

Yodzilla posted:

so the new one is cleaner and shinier and uh

welp

idgi

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

the dota (moba's in general) community is full of loving spastic retards

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
problematic.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

computer parts posted:

some guy insulted a woman on dota 2 dev forums and got his account banned, and then made this set:

and now people are mad at him

idgi

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
are they mad at him for not changing anything

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
I guess he uncluttered some of the textures and now their mad cause lack of clutter is not straight edge enough or something

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

haveblue posted:

are they mad at him for not changing anything

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

tetris friends is pretty alright

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

StabMasterArson posted:

tetris friends is pretty alright

your pretty alright

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

you're pretty, all right? jeez

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
how could y'all talk about video game satire and women and not post this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXGJGuH59qw

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

bump_fn posted:

how could y'all talk about video game satire and women and not post this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXGJGuH59qw

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
they're mad because the set looks ugly

also the "calling women cunts" thing, but mostly the set

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
i don't really care about video game sexism

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Fabricated posted:

i don't really care about video game

fixed

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

Fabricated posted:

i don't really care about video game sexism

you are history's greatest monster now play this choose your own adventure game made in a program designed to let people too lazy to write html make games

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
like anita's videos are really loving boring sorry

the most hosed up game I've played that was for a console was Haunting Ground and I don't think she's covered that yet, is she like saving it or something because its way way way more offensive than the retarded "OH MY GOD, YOU CAN KILL *WOMEN* IN THIS SANDBOX MURDER GAME" poo poo

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Fabricated posted:

like anita's videos are really loving boring sorry

the most hosed up game I've played that was for a console was Haunting Ground and I don't think she's covered that yet, is she like saving it or something because its way way way more offensive than the retarded "OH MY GOD, YOU CAN KILL *WOMEN* IN THIS SANDBOX MURDER GAME" poo poo

her videos are boring but the outrage it brings out in people is so loving delightful

also i guess u ahvent played many games

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
haunting ground owned

also downloading the crew beta woot

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

bump_fn posted:

her videos are boring but the outrage it brings out in people is so loving delightful

the premise of Haunting Ground is to not get raped by a 500 year-old alchemist who wants to get the main character pregnant with himself via some alchemic ritual, and features a cut scene where at one point he captures her and literally gives her a pelvic exam to determine the exact best time to rape her

and this isn't some weird obscure h-game, it was released on the PS2 by a major publisher

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

bump_fn posted:

lol if you havent got really bored of impotent outrage ~*on the internet*~ by now

haunting ground was mega hosed up but so was rule of rose which is basically the same game but instead of creepy old dude rape its getting murdered by little girls as a little girl

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Liver Disaster posted:

lol if you havent got really bored of impotent outrage ~*on the internet*~ by now

haunting ground was mega hosed up but so was rule of rose which is basically the same game but instead of creepy old dude rape its getting murdered by little girls as a little girl

lol if u dont smile at the thought of a fat pimply thirty year old sweating as he types out tweets about how videogames dont need to be constrained while jerking off on his anime figurines

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

bump_fn posted:

lol if u dont smile at the thought of a fat pimply thirty year old sweating as he types out tweets about how videogames dont need to be constrained while jerking off on his anime figurines

yeah i actually dont like thinking of that at all like i want nothing to do with any of that
i also always support the death of the industry and absolutely adore the fact that it only looks big/newsworthy when your inside it and nobody outside cares

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Liver Disaster posted:

yeah i actually dont like thinking of that at all like i want nothing to do with any of that
i also always support the death of the industry and absolutely adore the fact that it only looks big/newsworthy when your inside it and nobody outside cares

shut up jeff, youre not my real dad. one day someone will play my clean faces mod and ill get hired at a studio and move out of hte basement

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

bump_fn posted:

shut up jeff, youre not my real dad. one day someone will play my clean faces mod and ill get hired at a studio and move out of hte basement

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Liver Disaster posted:

Rule of Rose has:

-Heavily implied child molestation
-Implied abortion from above
-Child abandonment
-Children beating a dog to death
-Children burying another child alive and other torture
-A girl using a deranged man to kill all the children at the orphanage because the main character spurned her love

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Fabricated posted:

Rule of Rose has:

-Heavily implied child molestation
-Implied abortion from above
-Child abandonment
-Children beating a dog to death
-Children burying another child alive and other torture
-A girl using a deranged man to kill all the children at the orphanage because the main character spurned her love

3,4,5 happen within the first fifteen minutes, the dog survives though if its any consolation and he is your only friend
idk about the rest of it i got to the first combat scene and thought to myself 'i saved the dog ive done enough' and never went back

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

i know people were a little unsure when christine love first got hired by fromsoftware but i think this is going places

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009
i've never heard about those games and you guys are weird for having .presumably, bought and played them :P

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

buying games supports the industry
buy hard drives

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Squeezy Farm posted:

i've never heard about those games and you guys are weird for having .presumably, bought and played them :P
rented haunting ground thinking it was a survival horror game, bought rule of rose for $3 from a bargain bin since it looked weird/interesting and it turned up mostly being the former

Liver Disaster posted:

3,4,5 happen within the first fifteen minutes, the dog survives though if its any consolation and he is your only friend
idk about the rest of it i got to the first combat scene and thought to myself 'i saved the dog ive done enough' and never went back
nah the dog is dead, you're reliving the main character's hosed up childhood

also all of the other kids died

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Fabricated posted:

rented haunting ground thinking it was a survival horror game, bought rule of rose for $3 from a bargain bin since it looked weird/interesting and it turned up mostly being the former
nah the dog is dead, you're reliving the main character's hosed up childhood

also all of the other kids died

oh :(

• Locked thread