Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Fun thing about the NY SAFE act is that I have no idea if I'm allowed to possess firearms anymore because there are no instructions to check if you got flagged for mental health reasons.

Suck my dick, Cuomo. You're doing terrible things to my beloved state.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Fun thing about the NY SAFE act is that I have no idea if I'm allowed to possess firearms anymore because there are no instructions to check if you got flagged for mental health reasons.

cool poo poo like gun trusts exist....and might be helpful in your situation.
ie, the firearms are legally owned by the gun trusts you setup, and you determine which people have legal rights to use/handle the firearms in the gun trusts.
one of my old coworkers setup a gun trust strictly so he could go full sperg with AR-15's & other stuff.

e:
still waiting to see your 1/1000 scale model space elevator in KSP.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
gently caress you, Cuomo. I hope you've got job lined up outside of government, because you're sure as poo poo not getting my vote.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Carteret posted:

North Carolina is pretty much wide open. I guess AR15s don't interest me much since that's almost entirely what I shot for 8 years, and there is just something cool about the Garand-style action without having a weapon that is of questionable condition. Also, the fact that you can go shooting with magazines instead of stripper clips. I just want a neat rifle to go gently caress around with that isn't bolt action and I have no desire to go all tacticool like 99% of ARs I see my gun nut friends post on facebook.

I'd probably miss not having the PING sound.

You can buy new-build M1s.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Day drinking is great. My goal for myself over the next 4 months is to really step up my pre-noon drinking on weekends.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

psydude posted:

Day drinking is great. My goal for myself over the next 4 months is to really step up my pre-noon drinking on weekends.

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you
lol people be bitching about tuition on facebook all day.

me: :smug:

Fister Ardennes
Apr 25, 2008

War is not the answer but it sure is fun

Carteret posted:

North Carolina is pretty much wide open. I guess AR15s don't interest me much since that's almost entirely what I shot for 8 years, and there is just something cool about the Garand-style action without having a weapon that is of questionable condition. Also, the fact that you can go shooting with magazines instead of stripper clips. I just want a neat rifle to go gently caress around with that isn't bolt action and I have no desire to go all tacticool like 99% of ARs I see my gun nut friends post on facebook.

I'd probably miss not having the PING sound.
Get an M-14, pretty much a Garand with a 20 round magazine.

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

Civ versions are called M1As or whatever and they're massively loving overpriced and well who gives a gently caress buy one and help the economy

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

tuluk posted:

cool poo poo like gun trusts exist....and might be helpful in your situation.
ie, the firearms are legally owned by the gun trusts you setup, and you determine which people have legal rights to use/handle the firearms in the gun trusts.
one of my old coworkers setup a gun trust strictly so he could go full sperg with AR-15's & other stuff.

e:
still waiting to see your 1/1000 scale model space elevator in KSP.

The gun trusts are really only generally useful for NFA firearms. That is, the cool stuff. Short barreled rifles/shotguns, silencers, machine guns. If they have a niche use for NY or other horrid gun law states, I haven't heard of it.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

No NFA stuff, no pistols, and nothing that falls under the new assault weapon definitions. For now I just have everything locked in my dad's safe. I could argue that they're not in my home and I don't have ready access to them.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.
Get an M1 Carbine before you get a Mini-14, if you can find .30 Carbine ammo. The M1 Carbine is fun as poo poo to shoot.

Alternately if you just don't want a M16-pattern rifle get one of those Israeli AKs that shoots 5.56, best of most worlds.

No NFA stuff, no pistols, and nothing that falls under the new assault weapon definitions. For now I just have everything locked in my dad's safe. I could argue that they're not in my home and I don't have ready access to them.

Pro tip: escape from New York

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

Suck my dick, Cuomo. You're doing terrible things to my beloved state.

Another not fully thought through provision in the SAFE Act? Color me shocked.

I'm still lolling about the fact that the bill as originally written would've turned every cop in the state into an instant criminal.

Godholio posted:

You can buy new-build M1s.

Yeah if you're a bitch

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Snowdens Secret posted:

Pro tip: escape from New York
Someday I'm gonna say "gently caress it" and move to the desert. I can be happy in a desert.

No more rusty cars. :unsmith:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I'll move to Alaska and start an urban legend about nobody returning from whatever remote plot I settle down in.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Honestly I'm finding Omaha and the Midwest really drat pleasant, especially after years in New England.

Disclaimer: I have not so much as seen Offutt

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Snowdens Secret posted:

Honestly I'm finding Omaha and the Midwest really drat pleasant, especially after years in New England.

Disclaimer: I have not so much as seen Offutt

I don't care what anyone says, Ohio isn't a terrible place to live :colbert:

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

I'll move to Alaska and start an urban legend about nobody returning from whatever remote plot I settle down in.

Alaska was awesome as a pre-teen. Im pretty sure itll suck dick as an adult who likes the internet or media or anything new at all.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Speaking of urban legends I found out that apparently I'm actually a ghost who haunts my middle school and kills retarded kids that use some crosswalk they've had closed for years

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Bolow posted:

Speaking of urban legends I found out that apparently I'm actually a ghost who haunts my middle school and kills retarded kids that use some crosswalk they've had closed for years

stay safe crosswalk ghost.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008

Bolow posted:

Bad news, bub

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

I can't even walk through walls, what a poo poo rear end ghost life this is

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Get a living person to paint crosswalk stripes on either side

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Snowdens Secret posted:

Get a living person to paint crosswalk stripes on either side

It's like this raised catwalk thing that connects two buildings that's about 2 stories off the ground so not like a traffic crosswalk :colbert:

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

iyaayas01 posted:

I'm still lolling about the fact that the bill as originally written would've turned every cop in the state into an instant criminal.

too late they already were!

come to colorado you can live in my spare bedroom and i got a gunsafe you can put your poo poo in

disclaimer: i live in a ghetto area filled with beaners and spooks and i busted down the spare bedroom door one night in a drunken rage so you may occasionally have to fend off some booze filled rape attempts

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

too late they already were!

come to colorado you can live in my spare bedroom and i got a gunsafe you can put your poo poo in

disclaimer: i live in a ghetto area filled with beaners and spooks and i busted down the spare bedroom door one night in a drunken rage so you may occasionally have to fend off some booze filled rape attempts

you live on federal?

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008

Bolow posted:

It's like this raised catwalk thing that connects two buildings that's about 2 stories off the ground so not like a traffic crosswalk :colbert:

That sounds pretty unsafe, good thing you're deterring retarded kids from using it

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

zombie303 posted:

you live on federal?

nah man im in west aurora

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

My roommate days are loooong over

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

nah man im in west aurora

even better

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

My roommate days are loooong over

it was mostly a ploy to rape you sorry

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

it was mostly a ploy to rape you sorry

you seem pretty drat sure i won't take advantage of your drunken state

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

you seem pretty drat sure i won't take advantage of your drunken state

we can take advantage of each other

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

we can take advantage of each other

Can I be the camera guy?

bengy81
May 8, 2010
Man look at you sorry Aurora living human being. South suburbs rule supreme!

(J/k I hat Douglas County and every stupid hick that lives here)

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

bengy81 posted:

Man look at you sorry Aurora living human being. South suburbs rule supreme!

(J/k I hat Douglas County and every stupid hick that lives here)

id rather live in the sticks with a bunch of redneck assholes than in the liddle east bruvh. cant remember the last time i went a day without hearing some disgusting klingon sounding mud language polluting the air

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Sorry Teach, aint happening.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

zombie303 posted:

Sorry Teach, aint happening.

gatdamn what worthless community college you going to?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

gatdamn what worthless community college you going to?

http://www.rrcc.edu/

• Locked thread