Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
keldegar
Sep 27, 2004

what, you don't like pizza?

Hixalot posted:

Not sure if I buy that. Andre Roberts was fairly reliable last role as a slot receiver in AZ (well let's not get crazy, decent WR4, or bye week guy) and Brown has a lot more potential, plus the previous mentioned boner Arians gets every time the name is spoken. Hawkins has either a bad QB or a worse QB throwing to him, in an offense that isn't known for producing good stats from the slot WR spot.

Truth is both will not be fantasy relevant.

Brown is making some plays but he will not be consistent. Not with Fitzgerald and Floyd and Ellington being the top targets. Sure he may have 3 or 4 games of production but how are you going to predict those games?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
I'm hoping Brown will be the new Kevin Ogletree. Two good weeks, flip him to some idiot, profit.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

I just got a pretty good offer from fftoolbox.com for the whole year. How is it?

keldegar
Sep 27, 2004

Obama Yo Mama posted:

I'm hoping Brown will be the new Kevin Ogletree. Two good weeks, flip him to some idiot, profit.

Ogletree, Eddie Royal, Brown. Book it.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

keldegar posted:

Ogletree, Eddie Royal, Brown. Book it.

I'm hoping that Hunter does jack poo poo for the first two weeks and Brown goes like 11-180-2 :getin:

Pancakes by Mail
Oct 21, 2010

Many years later, as he faced the firing squad, Goaltender Carey Price was to remember that distant afternoon when his father took him to discover ice.
I have waiver priority #1, and I feel like I want to save that for that sweet, sweet first-of-the-season surprise waiver monster (see: Thomas, Julius). Not worth using that for Jeremy Hill, right? My RBs are already Montee Ball, Andre Ellington, Rashad Jennings, Joique Bell, and Bishop Sankey. Whoever that waiver pickup ends up being, I'm thinking I'm gonna drop Ladarius Green (I'm thin at WR, and have Graham as my TE).

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Obama Yo Mama posted:

I'm hoping that Hunter does jack poo poo for the first two weeks and Brown goes like 11-180-2 :getin:

considering hunter plays the chiefs and the cowboys the first two weeks i going to assume he will do more than jack poo poo

keldegar
Sep 27, 2004

Pancakes by Mail posted:

I have waiver priority #1, and I feel like I want to save that for that sweet, sweet first-of-the-season surprise waiver monster (see: Thomas, Julius). Not worth using that for Jeremy Hill, right? My RBs are already Montee Ball, Andre Ellington, Rashad Jennings, Joique Bell, and Bishop Sankey. Whoever that waiver pickup ends up being, I'm thinking I'm gonna drop Ladarius Green (I'm thin at WR, and have Graham as my TE).

Nah, when does FA open? Just wait for that.

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

Toby Gerhart or Joique Bell for an RB3 behind Ball/Murray?

Kloaked00 fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Aug 28, 2014

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.

Kloaked00 posted:

Joique. Better offense, more TDs.

But it's close.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Keeper league, TD heavy. My first year, I inherited a solid team aside from my QBs...

Do I keep RG3 or Flacco?

I already am keeping Cutler, we start 1 QB a week.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
What do you have to pay for him as a keeper? I'd be inclined to keep neither if it actually costs anything of merit

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

In order of preference, Eric Decker, Reuben Randle, Golden Tate then Brandin Cooks?

(Trying to make last minute preparations before my last draft tomorrow)

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!

Kloaked00 posted:

In order of preference, Eric Decker, Reuben Randle, Golden Tate then Brandin Cooks?

I'd have Tate first. He is gonna see a lotta single coverage in a pass-happy offense

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Azhais posted:

What do you have to pay for him as a keeper? I'd be inclined to keep neither if it actually costs anything of merit

Free to keep him, $5 to pick him back up if I don't draft one of them back. I am still waiting on one last team to see who's available in the QB pool, I pick 3rd.

Kaepernick and Dalton are also possibly available, 1st guy is likely going to take a QB and #2 definitely won't.

Ether Frenzy fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Aug 28, 2014

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

I feel good about my team, but only rostering Romo has me worried. The best QBs available are Flacco, Fitzpatrick, Geno, and Cassel.

Not sure I want to drop someone for one of these QBs (Gordon drop pending), but I'm thinking Smith would be my best option. Then I got looking at matchups...

Would it be dumb to start Geno Smith (VS Oakland) week 1 instead of Romo (VS SF). Anyone think Cassel is the better pick up?

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!

Kloaked00 posted:

I'd agree with this. Decker will see the most targets so him first. Randle/Tate are interchangeable; I'd lean Randle but you can go with your gut. And yeah I'd want to lean on the vets before turning to Cooks.

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!

Tiptoes posted:

Randle/Tate are interchangeable; I'd lean Randle

surely you jest

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

Homestar Runner posted:

surely you jest

What's wrong with randle?

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Papes posted:

What's wrong with randle?

He's in a new offense (which hasn't looked great to say the least), he has competition from a high draft pick, and he has Eli Manning throwing the ball to him. Tate is also the #2 guy on his team, but has Stafford throwing to him in a high powered offense. Calling them even is being pretty optimistic about the Giants this year. Randle is everybody's favorite "value" pick because he's a supposed red zone target, but that requires the Giants to be a decent offensive team in order to actually pay off.

VDay fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Aug 28, 2014

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

I like Randle's chances to take a step forward as a third year pro in Ben McAdoo's offense. The TD upside is pretty nice. I like Tate too but I don't know what his red zone usage will look like. Thus I lean Randle.

Tiptoes fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Aug 28, 2014

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
I will need to drop 2 bench players to fill an IDP slot and my Kicker.

Dynasty Auction $200 budget, this year about 40% inflation, next year I expect 50-60%. Prices in parenthesis are what they cost to keep next year.

Of course I'll wait until the last minute, but curious about what people think on who I should drop:

RB: Greene (3), FJAX (8), Woodhead (6), Bradshaw (3), Khiry (6), C. Michael (6)
WR: White (11), Harvin (7), Sanu (4)
TE: Green (6), Wright (5)

Edit: 12 team, standard scoring, no DST, 4 IDP

Aredna fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Aug 28, 2014

Mr.Trifecta
Mar 2, 2007

Pretty happy with my draft. When I posted earlier today, targeted Murray and brown with my 10th overall and 2nd round picks in my ppt keeper league. Well one guy had ports drafting and auto picked lynch at 5 and had an option to get des but opted with Murray but got Marshall on the end around.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Aredna posted:

I will need to drop 2 bench players to fill an IDP slot and my Kicker.

Dynasty Auction $200 budget, this year about 40% inflation, next year I expect 50-60%. Prices in parenthesis are what they cost to keep next year.

Of course I'll wait until the last minute, but curious about what people think on who I should drop:

RB: Greene (3), FJAX (8), Woodhead (6), Bradshaw (3), Khiry (6), C. Michael (6)
WR: White (11), Harvin (7), Sanu (4)
TE: Green (6), Wright (5)

Edit: 12 team, standard scoring, no DST, 4 IDP

greene wright

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
I don't like having 3 TE, but Wright has the potential for long term keeper value if he turns out like Hernandez. On the other hand he could be a complete bust. I've already received a trade offer for him as well, but it was a low TE from someone that I beat out with my $2 bid.

Greene could potentially be the starter and not RBBC depending on how things play out. They have Sankey, but they also have a new coaching staff that may run things any number of ways there.

I was leaning towards Bradshaw and Sanu. I feel like Sanu is going to start well, but once Marvin is back he's off the field again, probably by mid-season at latest, and by that time I won't reach Sanu on my depth chart. With Bradshaw I feel like I'm waiting on either a TRich fumble problem or injury to take advantage of any value.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
^^You do as you please but let me inform you that greene is going to be 29 this year and has only been a viable fantasy option when he was getting over 250 carries a year and he will get less than 200(probably closer to 150) this year guarenteed

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Best 'special teams' squad? Kick returns and Punt returns only.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
BeerSheets are up; check Reddit for the links. Otherwise the OP will be updated tomorrow. Had some problems getting the custom sheets to go.

Thank God I automated this stuff, there were about 200 custom requests. Once things die down I am definitely transitioning to some kind of Web based system.

Harold Cooplowski
Sep 11, 2013
Traded Carson Palmer away for Andy Dalton the day after the draft. Idk why the other guy offered but hey

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I picked up Kelce over Wright.

Right move, right?

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

Yes. Kelce's upside is immense although he probably isn't playing a majority of snaps to start the year. He could round into form as the season goes on and be a serious value come playoff time.

Tiptoes fucked around with this message at 07:24 on Aug 28, 2014

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost

Metapod posted:

^^You do as you please but let me inform you that greene is going to be 29 this year and has only been a viable fantasy option when he was getting over 250 carries a year and he will get less than 200(probably closer to 150) this year guarenteed

Great point on Greene and why I came here for advice. Given that I'll probably keep Wright, who is your next in line to drop?

Sadly I may have to change my team name from The Green Team given that I have AJ, Ladarius, and Shonn now. I had BJGE just for the hell of it, but couldn't get someone to trade me Greenway at LB to finish out the 5 Greens.

fariz
Nov 10, 2009

You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.
Just made 2 trades. I feel confident. I also feel terrified. Thoughts? (.5 ppr)

Out: Ray Rice, Michael Crabtree, Tom Brady, Dennis Pitta
In: Zac Stacy, Vernon Davis, Jarrett Boykin

Luck / No one (but hoping to get Kaepernick tonight off waivers)
Forte / Gio / Stacy / Woodhead / Knile Davis / Andre Williams
Dez / Harvin / Wallace / Edelman / Boykin
Davis
Stream
Stream

I like my team, but I'm worried about inconsistency and health in a major way. Then again I may be a homer

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Trade Gio Bernard for Zac Stacy? At least, work out something like that? This Jeremy Hill split is worrying me and Zac Stacy seems to be in the role he had last year now without Bradford..

Note: I have Jeremy Hill

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Hixalot posted:

Not sure if I buy that. Andre Roberts was fairly reliable last role as a slot receiver in AZ (well let's not get crazy, decent WR4, or bye week guy) and Brown has a lot more potential, plus the previous mentioned boner Arians gets every time the name is spoken. Hawkins has either a bad QB or a worse QB throwing to him, in an offense that isn't known for producing good stats from the slot WR spot.

Hawkins is going to be on the field more with Gordon ruled out. He is the second best receiver on the team now and DCs are going to sell out on blanketing Cameron. Brown is third option. ARZ has the better offense, I'd give you that, but I think Hawkins is going to have more consistent looks.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Kloaked00 posted:

Joique.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Kloaked00 posted:

Decker, Tate, Randle, Cooks

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Ether Frenzy posted:

Free to keep him, $5 to pick him back up if I don't draft one of them back. I am still waiting on one last team to see who's available in the QB pool, I pick 3rd.

Kaepernick and Dalton are also possibly available, 1st guy is likely going to take a QB and #2 definitely won't.

Kaepernick

a nigga who smoke
Feb 26, 2007

coughin' and chokin' constantly
a lot of people in this thread are clearly lower on Gio than I am, but I figure I'll ask anyway. I've got a tentative offer on the table.

Give: Giovani Bernard, Jordy Nelson
Get: DeMarco Murray, Alshon Jeffery

.5 PPR. I'm high on Nelson and lower on Jeffery, but you all, Evan Silva, and an unimpressive preseason have me thinking that it's a smart move to make.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I know I'm a bit biased towards the Cowboys, but I just don't see the value in DeMarco Murray. High risk pick. He has durability issues. Annnnd, the Cowboys are looking at having the worst defense in the league. So, the Cowboys are gonna pass-pass-pass. Sure, the Cowboys have a top 3 run blocking unit, but they too stupid to run. Even without the Cowboys hate glasses on, because of those issues, I see him as a 3rd round talent. You guys are probably gonna think I'm crazy, but let's just watch this season. Best situation for Murray is if Romo's back gives out and they have to force feed Murray the ball instead of focusing on a passing game because Brandon Weeden is....Brandon Weeden.

• Locked thread