Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug

I doubt Casey Kasem will be able to accept the challenge.

Got to admit - looks like he's in decent shape.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Waiting for Richard and/or Sal to do the challenge naked with their dicks touching.

sedative
Mar 20, 2003

‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ :allears:
That hair(?) is ridiculous

sedative fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Aug 25, 2014

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

prefect posted:

tv news people will never, ever stop falling for that kind of thing, will they?

I think maybe a month ago Janks talked about getting past the CNN screeners to talk about that Malaysian airliner that was shot down over Ukraine. They had him talk to a, supposedly, ex-military guy who made Jenks answer a few questions to prove that he was really in the army. I think the question was, "What kind of missiles shot down the plane?" and he answered "Beretta M1911." Then they scheduled his call.

Seems like they don't have any way to verify any information at all, so you just need to remain confident and bullshit your way past them.

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Howard has to be the only 60 year old white man in the world with a jet black jheri curl.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Good vid, and Howard looks hot.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Howard acting like he didn't immediately know it was Matt Lauer and Jennifer Aniston that nominated him is the best

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Kragger99 posted:

Got to admit - looks like he's in decent shape.

He is in amazing shape, he looks really healthy, he should stop wearing those old lady blouses and show off a bit of his muscle mass more.

Also I always love that Herman Munster laugh

"Hey Richard, this is your dad. I'm doing the ice bucket challenge. We didn't have a bucket, so I had to use the skull of Cowie, your pet cow. We don't have any ice either, but here goes"

null_user01013 fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Aug 25, 2014

Finndo
Dec 27, 2005

Title Text goes here.
Dick Cavett's impression of Richard Loo on the Gilbert Gottfried podcast is pretty funny.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

I started off feeling disappointed in Howard for giving in then he challenged Casey Kasem and he redeemed himself. This his shotglass and laugh put it over the top.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

EngineerJoe posted:

I started off feeling disappointed in Howard for giving in then he challenged Casey Kasem and he redeemed himself. This his shotglass and laugh put it over the top.

And Beth wasn't involved, surprisingly.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Finndo posted:

Dick Cavett's impression of Richard Loo on the Gilbert Gottfried podcast is pretty funny.

Listen to the Billy West one. He does a perfect Stern impression

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Gilbert's podcast is hit or miss, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't laugh hysterically at Gilbert and Billy's holocaust chat.

Shapur
Apr 2, 2010

Beth would take a vertical video..

burmart
Sep 14, 2002

10,000 Cunts

Feh. dumping ice water on yourself. feh. you're gonna catch cold and die.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

EngineerJoe posted:

He did that laugh in Private Parts, didn't he? I can't remember when in the movie, but I know I've heard it before.

And apologies for being a party pooper, but this is how an ice bucket challenge should be done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ju5VxyM3S4o

:allears:

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

Irish Joe posted:

Gilbert's podcast is hit or miss, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't laugh hysterically at Gilbert and Billy's holocaust chat.

At what point during the podcast does that happen?

I just listened to every Gilbert appearance on Howard from 1987 to 1997. About 50 hours worth. But even I couldn't make it through 20 minutes of his podcast. Either I don't know the guys he's interviewing, I'm not getting the references, or more serious Gilbert isn't that appealing to listen to.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

prefect posted:

He did that laugh in Private Parts, didn't he? I can't remember when in the movie, but I know I've heard it before.

And apologies for being a party pooper, but this is how an ice bucket challenge should be done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ju5VxyM3S4o

:allears:

He did but I can't remember the scene it was in.

Super Ninja Fish posted:

At what point during the podcast does that happen?

I just listened to every Gilbert appearance on Howard from 1987 to 1997. About 50 hours worth. But even I couldn't make it through 20 minutes of his podcast. Either I don't know the guys he's interviewing, I'm not getting the references, or more serious Gilbert isn't that appealing to listen to.

The entire Billy West episode is gold. The story he told about the midget from the Wizard of Oz is the funniest thing I've ever heard.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Bonzo posted:

When he knocks the record off the player while on air maybe?

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Sand Monster posted:

When he knocks the record off the player while on air maybe?

thats it

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Bonzo posted:

The entire Billy West episode is gold. The story he told about the midget from the Wizard of Oz is the funniest thing I've ever heard.

This whole thing is hilarious.

hunter x az
Oct 28, 2003
They banned me from commenting on the stern show Facebook page complaining that they were off yet another week and will definitely be off next week.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

hunter x az posted:

They banned me from commenting on the stern show Facebook page complaining that they were off yet another week and will definitely be off next week.

Once upon a time, Howard made a big deal about how they didn't screen phone calls at all. And then sometimes he would have Booey screen calls live on the air just because the callers were irritating him. I wonder how much of that was actually real. :(

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012
In the recent downtime, I've been listening to the History of Howard Stern specials for the first time. It's self serving, yeah (did anybody really need to hear tapes of him as a kid?), but once he actually talks about working at different radio stations, it gets really good. It's more interesting to me than hearing old tapes of AGT talk or whatever, at least.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Riosan posted:

In the recent downtime, I've been listening to the History of Howard Stern specials for the first time. It's self serving, yeah (did anybody really need to hear tapes of him as a kid?), but once he actually talks about working at different radio stations, it gets really good. It's more interesting to me than hearing old tapes of AGT talk or whatever, at least.

I'd rather hear that then the one week where they played nothing but material that had to do with The Losers or whatever his band was called.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

rebel rebel

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

I'm gonna be pissed if the great Beetlejuice isn't on air before the end of the year

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

It's still really weird that the History of Howard Stern ended right before he got to KROQ, never to be spoken of again. That's when things really started heating up.

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

a cop posted:

It's still really weird that the History of Howard Stern ended right before he got to KROQ, never to be spoken of again. That's when things really started heating up.

I think you mean Sirius? There's 4 acts of History of Howard Stern, stretching from 1954 to 2001. It's just the first act that ends after they get fired from WNBC.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

prefect posted:

Once upon a time, Howard made a big deal about how they didn't screen phone calls at all. And then sometimes he would have Booey screen calls live on the air just because the callers were irritating him. I wonder how much of that was actually real. :(

Back before the mid to late 90s it was all unscreened. They didn't have the staff then. Once the show got huge and they got some actual budget/interns was when they could screen calls. I do miss the old days.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Riosan posted:

I think you mean Sirius? There's 4 acts of History of Howard Stern, stretching from 1954 to 2001. It's just the first act that ends after they get fired from WNBC.

Huh really? poo poo, I might have missed the last one then, I could have sworn the last bit I heard ended with him getting hired at KROQ. I was always looking forward to the retrospective on the radio wars so Ill have to hunt that one down.

Cliche Guevara
Dec 12, 2005
whistlebritches
I actually missed the fourth part of the History Of too, iirc it didn't debut a year after part 3. I think it took two years? Later?

Pretty thorough but I applaud it. But man does it make you hate "Rebel Rebel".

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

https://mobile.twitter.com/JimBreuer/status/504250880431247360

RIP Jim Breuer's dad.

I've said it before, but listening to him on the HSS has given me a huge amount of respect for the guy. Before that, I just knew him as that SNL cast member who barely did anything afterwards. Man, was I wrong, though I hope he catches a huge break. Dude deserves it.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
Iron Sheik was just on from 2007. What was the deal with the Iron Shiek? Was he working Howard and the crew? Were they working the audience and it was all a bit? Or is Iron Shiek just crazy? It's hilarious either way but I'd like to know.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Super Ninja Fish posted:

Iron Sheik was just on from 2007. What was the deal with the Iron Shiek? Was he working Howard and the crew? Were they working the audience and it was all a bit? Or is Iron Shiek just crazy? It's hilarious either way but I'd like to know.

Nah I'm pretty sure he's like that all the time.

hunter x az
Oct 28, 2003

haljordan posted:

I follow iron shiek in twitter and he's funny. He tweets at Miley Cyrus and calls her pancake tits and poo poo. :lol:

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.

Super Ninja Fish posted:

He was most likely working them. Originally, he appeared on Ferrall (sp) prior to that on his Sirius show and it seemed to be a shoot, it didn't really seem planned. Of course, Stern tried to capitalize on it but nothing tops Sheik showing up for the show on Ferrall.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsxIJ78PNT0

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005

Holy poo poo Sheik is amazing.

"I challenge the @MileyCyrus to break her loving neck"

Nairbo fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Aug 28, 2014

hunter x az
Oct 28, 2003

Godinster posted:

Holy poo poo Sheik is amazing.

"I challenge the @MileyCyrus to break her loving neck"

Haha I told you. His twitter is great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

haljordan posted:

I interviewed him once at a local comic convention in Long Beach. We were both drunk and not making much sense, but the dude is pretty awesome. He was selling some cd or tapes he made up with Howard's name all over them and also he was selling his own shirts and then there was this chick in his booth selling her music CD or god knows what. His manager was asking us for more cash to buy stuff so we could interview him, so I only got to ask him a few things and I think I just gave him money for his time. I felt a little bad for the dude, just sitting around asking for change and looking like he just wanted to get blasted and snort coke off some hookers.

But then again, most people famous in the 80s at local conventions feel the same way.