Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

I deleted all my batch PSN friends. I could never find my RL friends and it was messing up my PS3. I picked up The Golf Club and after some crashes and a reinstallation it seems to be running pretty well. I am absolute garbage at the game and I've never played golf before but if anyone is looking for goon friends to play some golf with or compare golf scores or whatever, my PSN name is Leftie247.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Apparently they closed the FamedGod kid's Twitter, too.

timeandtide
Nov 29, 2007

This space is reserved for future considerations.
On the downloadable games front, I recommend: inFamous First Light, Resogun+DLC (imagine every poster in the thread just said this at the same time), Trials Fusion, Transistor, Child of Light, Olli Olli, Counterspy, Hotline Miami, Don't Starve, Rogue Legacy, Hohokum, Surgeon Simulator, The Swapper, Oddworld, Gucamelee, Valiant Hearts, Octodad, Steamworld Dig, Trine 2, Stealth Inc., Towerfall Ascension, Flower, and fl0w are all worth checking out. At what price is up to you; some of these are on sale right now, like Transistor and Child of Light, and I'd definitely recommend waiting on Oddworld unless you are a big Oddworld fan.

For disc games, Metro Redux just came out and is great if you want atmospheric single player and apparently everyone is addicted to Diablo 3.

You may also want to try indie horror interactive teaser P.T. with your Gold headset.

Also, make sure you pick up a PS+ card. If you have a subscription going, you can get some of the games above discounted.

bagina
Jul 21, 2003

Oh shi...

DangerKat posted:

Apparently they closed the FamedGod kid's Twitter, too.
At this point, I fail to see what contrived point they are trying to make. If there is one at all.

Who am I kidding. There is no point to this besides e-peen. :sigh:

shmee
Jun 24, 2005

Was the verdict basically that WATCH_DOGS is poop, or that it's worth it if you find it cheap?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

shmee posted:

Was the verdict basically that WATCH_DOGS is poop, or that it's worth it if you find it cheap?

It's not the worst game ever. It's basically a mid-tier sandbox game with an awful story. I had like $20 worth of fun out of it.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
I would equate it to GTA4. It's fun, but it isn't that big and it feels a bit grindy at times.

averox
Feb 28, 2005

:dukedog:
Fun Shoe

superh posted:

Ollie Ollie has made the rubber on my left stuck flake off on one of my launch controllers :( it's a 2 serial number on the back as well, so there goes that theory.

Not that I've ripped up my analog stick rubber as well but seemed to be headed towards an advanced rate of going to poo poo. Also a serial number starting with 2 while my serial number 1, albeit not used as much, as not as worn. Just replaced both controllers with Xbone analog sticks and oh my god they feel so much better.

cronox2 posted:

If you know how to use a DNS service you can get the overseas package for about $120, which doesn't black out any of the games either. Last year's free sunday ticket offer with Madden was awesome but I'd never spend more than that again, especially with how dumb the new packages make you restrict yourself to consoles or PC.

Wait can you enlighten me on this? Is it blocked on US IP addresses? NFL Sunday Ticket was nice when I had it but I'm not going to pay $200 just to watch on either my iPad or computer. Also having a game blocked because my hometown team is playing the local divisional rival.

averox fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Aug 28, 2014

shmee
Jun 24, 2005

I'll keep an eye out for it (Watch Dogs) second hand. I have some other games to get through first and it's likely to get pretty cheap by the sounds of it (if it isn't already).The Japanese version has full English support too so I don't have to miss any of the riveting story line and likable characters *cough*.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

shmee posted:

I've been playing it, its a fun game that doesnt quite deliver on what it had promised, but the basic gameplay is solid and the hacking stuff is a fun addition to the normal sandbox game. Definitely worth a play through if you can grab it for not too much.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The invasion multiplayer is great. The rest is average, and platting it will involve some horrifically unfun grinding bulllshit.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I'm holding off on Watch Dogs because it seems like the kind of game that'll hit like $30 on Black Friday or something along those lines.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

shmee posted:

Rent it. Don't buy it.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Finally got my FPS Freek CQCs. It fixed every complaint I had about the PS4 controller after coming from the 360, which had the best controller ever IMO. Can finally hold it in a direction without jamming my thumb underneath it.

Just click 'em on and they stay.

Pidgin Englishman
Apr 30, 2007

If you shoot
you better hit your mark

timeandtide posted:

On the downloadable games front, I recommend: inFamous First Light, Resogun+DLC (imagine every poster in the thread just said this at the same time), Trials Fusion, Transistor, Child of Light, Olli Olli, Counterspy, Hotline Miami, Don't Starve, Rogue Legacy, Hohokum, Surgeon Simulator, The Swapper, Oddworld, Gucamelee, Valiant Hearts, Octodad, Steamworld Dig, Trine 2, Stealth Inc., Towerfall Ascension, Flower, and fl0w are all worth checking out. At what price is up to you; some of these are on sale right now, like Transistor and Child of Light, and I'd definitely recommend waiting on Oddworld unless you are a big Oddworld fan.

For disc games, Metro Redux just came out and is great if you want atmospheric single player and apparently everyone is addicted to Diablo 3.

You may also want to try indie horror interactive teaser P.T. with your Gold headset.

Also, make sure you pick up a PS+ card. If you have a subscription going, you can get some of the games above discounted.

Thanks for this - I enjoy my indie/small games on steam and forgot about the sony/steam buddyness. Some good stuff there I've been meaning to check out. Did a sequel to Journey, or anything similar, wind up happening?

Also the PS4 came with Trials Fusion in a bundle, so I guess extra lucky!

shmee
Jun 24, 2005

Thanks all, I'll keep an eye out for Watch Dogs for cheap.

Sanguine posted:

Did a sequel to Journey, or anything similar, wind up happening?

Not yet but a PS4 release of Journey is coming out and I think it's cross platform so if you have the digital version of it for PS3 you should get it for free.

chaymie
Apr 5, 2008
DaftAero and his hotline miami high scores are really making me go back and tidy up my play-throughs.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
On watch dogs, I had sooooo much fun with the multiplayer modes. Much more than SP

The Illusive Man
Mar 27, 2008

~savior of yoomanity~
I think the most positive thing anyone can say about Watch Dogs is that hopefully we're in for a AC1 -> AC2 situation where the sequel fully realizes the promise of the original. There's a skeleton of a good game there but it never quite comes together.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...

averox posted:

Not that I've ripped up my analog stick rubber as well but seemed to be headed towards an advanced rate of going to poo poo. Also a serial number starting with 2 while my serial number 1, albeit not used as much, as not as worn. Just replaced both controllers with Xbone analog sticks and oh my god they feel so much better.

Wait can you enlighten me on this? Is it blocked on US IP addresses? NFL Sunday Ticket was nice when I had it but I'm not going to pay $200 just to watch on either my iPad or computer. Also having a game blocked because my hometown team is playing the local divisional rival.

Basically if the local CBS/NBC/FOX affiliate plays your team's games, they'll be blacked out on Sunday Ticket. If you use a DNS changing service you can make it look like you're accessing the NFL's website from Europe, and then get their Gamepass deal which is basically Sunday Ticket without local team blackouts.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

averox posted:

After a couple hours of using this setup I gotta say it frankensteins the DS4 into the best controller ever. The Xbone sticks are just flat out better by a long shot imo. Bad rubber or not.

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene

Reverse Centaur posted:

Finally got my FPS Freek CQCs. It fixed every complaint I had about the PS4 controller after coming from the 360, which had the best controller ever IMO. Can finally hold it in a direction without jamming my thumb underneath it.

The FPS Freek CQCs rule. First thing I did when mine arrived and I'd had a play around with them and seen how they feel was order another set for my second controller. They're an awesome solution for anyone who doesn't want to open up their controller to swap in Xbone sticks, they add just a bit of height and are heaps grippier.

Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004
It's great being left handed..you can jerk off and still keep the mouse on the right side of the keyboard

monkeu posted:

The FPS Freek CQCs rule. First thing I did when mine arrived and I'd had a play around with them and seen how they feel was order another set for my second controller. They're an awesome solution for anyone who doesn't want to open up their controller to swap in Xbone sticks, they add just a bit of height and are heaps grippier.

Can anyone comment on how these compare to the phantoms? I had bought these for both sticks but found I get quite jammy when playing games like fifa and the phantom I had on my left stick was constantly falling off. I'm guessing with these having a lower profile, less likely to happen?

Iacen
Mar 19, 2009

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Say, if anyone is drowning in Legendary things in Diablo III, feel free to send them to me.

God, this game is entertaining. I'm playing in hard, and stuff has started exploding when I as much as sneeze in their general direction. That's everything I want from a game, really.

rootphreak
May 16, 2008

HO HO HO
SPREAD EM FOR SANTA
I'm getting a PS4 soon and would of loved to have seen a thread poll here regarding PS4 grips. I think I'm having trouble deciding between a KontrolFreek one and the less-expensive Geltabz. I keep reading about people complaining about height with KontrolFreek ones - is it really that distracting?

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Space Racist posted:

I think the most positive thing anyone can say about Watch Dogs is that hopefully we're in for a AC1 -> AC2 situation where the sequel fully realizes the promise of the original. There's a skeleton of a good game there but it never quite comes together.

But that isn't quite where Watch Dogs is though. The problem with AC1 is that there just wasn't anything to do. The problem with Watch Dogs is that there is plenty of things to do, but they just aren't that interesting to do.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

blackguy32 posted:

But that isn't quite where Watch Dogs is though. The problem with AC1 is that there just wasn't anything to do. The problem with Watch Dogs is that there is plenty of things to do, but they just aren't that interesting to do.

Well other than Spider Tank

Watch Dogs is okay. That's just all it is, okay. Don't expect it to be stunning. The world is fine, the super hacking is cool to have in an open world, but the story is balls and the side missions are tedious. Gang hideouts were my favorite but even they got tedious by the end.

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
Which FPS CQC sticks do you guys recommend? Classic?

averox
Feb 28, 2005

:dukedog:
Fun Shoe

cronox2 posted:

Basically if the local CBS/NBC/FOX affiliate plays your team's games, they'll be blacked out on Sunday Ticket. If you use a DNS changing service you can make it look like you're accessing the NFL's website from Europe, and then get their Gamepass deal which is basically Sunday Ticket without local team blackouts.

Had no idea they offered non-US folks something called Gamepass at an incredibly discounted rate. Looked it up and reading more, I'm down for it. Thanks!

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

rootphreak posted:

I'm getting a PS4 soon and would of loved to have seen a thread poll here regarding PS4 grips. I think I'm having trouble deciding between a KontrolFreek one and the less-expensive Geltabz. I keep reading about people complaining about height with KontrolFreek ones - is it really that distracting?

If you play a lot of FPS they're great for the right stick because of the ridiculous height

Underwhelmed
Mar 7, 2004

Nap Ghost

Iacen posted:

Say, if anyone is drowning in Legendary things in Diablo III, feel free to send them to me.

God, this game is entertaining. I'm playing in hard, and stuff has started exploding when I as much as sneeze in their general direction. That's everything I want from a game, really.

I am making my way through with a Crusader, and have bumped up to master because my storm of flying hammers and whirling blades from the sky are slaughtering things too fast (I really need to get torment unlocked) Last night, I juggled nephalim valor for a solid half hour in the swamp dungeon in act 5. I just ran around with orbiting hammers and poo poo exploded as fast as it could appear.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

NESguerilla posted:

After a couple hours of using this setup I gotta say it frankensteins the DS4 into the best controller ever. The Xbone sticks are just flat out better by a long shot imo. Bad rubber or not.

I heard that there were gaps between the base of the xbone stick and the side of controller when you push it all the way to one side, is that true at all?

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
So I'm planning on bringing my Ps4 into my clubs game night. Anyone know where I can get multiple DS4's relatively cheap?

ImpAtom posted:

It's not the worst game ever. It's basically a mid-tier sandbox game with an awful story. I had like $20 worth of fun out of it.

In every way, it is this generations Assassins Creed. So I'm stoked for the inevitable sequel.

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

Brightman posted:

I heard that there were gaps between the base of the xbone stick and the side of controller when you push it all the way to one side, is that true at all?

Yeah, it's like a millimeter gap. Unless you're a filthy animal pouring cheeto dust in there a total non-issue.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Reverse Centaur posted:

This looks bulky as gently caress. Wow. To each their own I guess.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

You have a weird definition of bulky

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
That's not exactly the best perspective to take a photo of them.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

monkeu posted:

I'm going to check these out because of you guys. While it hasn't been all that much of a bothersome issue for me, I have always been annoyed with how my thumbs tend to slip or go off center when doing anything that needs you to hold one direction for a while.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Fateo McMurray posted:

You have a weird definition of bulky

They look to come up too high and the nubs themselves look swollen. That's just my personal preference tho. I like the slimmer and low profile of the regular nubs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Policenaut posted:

I'm holding off on Watch Dogs because it seems like the kind of game that'll hit like $30 on Black Friday or something along those lines.

XBO/PS4 versions were actually $35 on Amazon a couple days ago. So it's happening already.

• Locked thread