Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skunny Wundy
Jul 9, 2012

thufferin cuckatash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ColdReaches
Oct 12, 2013

Place : Detroit
Date : 4031 A.D.
It is an advantage to be a woman, in this place

Skunny Wundy
Jul 9, 2012

One day I'm going to be a woman.

ColdReaches
Oct 12, 2013

Skunny Wundy posted:

One day I'm going to be a woman.

gender assignment surgery is kinda weird

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

im gonna be a strong trans who writes quirky games about my fetishes like bestiality.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I see you driving 'round town with the girl I love
and I'm like,
"CUCK YOU!"
Ooo,ooo,oooo

big duck equals goose
Nov 7, 2006

by XyloJW

DrPaper posted:

man how bad do you have to cuck up to have an actor publicly denounce you

Yeah man, this is getting insane.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe
whole lot of non-ironic nods respectively nonsense in Adam Baldwin's mentions, why

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT

Note Block posted:

whole lot of non-ironic nods respectively nonsense in Adam Baldwin's mentions, why

the nods respectively guy was so sheepish about his stupid post he ended up deleting it lol

big duck equals goose
Nov 7, 2006

by XyloJW

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

the nods respectively guy was so sheepish about his stupid post he ended up deleting it lol

Guess he took back the nod. Pretty shameful, imo.

Jombo
Feb 20, 2009
Way back as a counter point to lovely depression quest someone linked a really short web game about being trans, the changes to the body, friends and such. It was a legit good, short indie game that communicated a narrative from someone else's perspective but I can't find it again - anyone remember the name?

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

* disrespectfully deletes respectful nod tweet *

Cycloneman
Feb 1, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT
SISTER FUCKING

Jombo posted:

Way back as a counter point to lovely depression quest someone linked a really short web game about being trans, the changes to the body, friends and such. It was a legit good, short indie game that communicated a narrative from someone else's perspective but I can't find it again - anyone remember the name?
Are you thinking of dys4ia? Because I thought that was pretty loving poo poo, personally.

Nebelwerfer
Jul 25, 2008

He carried our avenging steel over the Rhine,
He drank the emperor's toast from the Danube.

Gyges posted:

Unlikely. Pepsico does not forgive. Pepsico does not forget.

lol is it true that she was pretty much the ringleader in that "mutiny" that ruined 400k game jam sponsored by Pepsico?

EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by Azathoth
her ex said she planned in on the ama, so maybe

Nebelwerfer
Jul 25, 2008

He carried our avenging steel over the Rhine,
He drank the emperor's toast from the Danube.

EA Sports posted:

her ex said she planned in on the ama, so maybe

Well I guess there is a reason why Polaris poo poo-talks about her now

Yivgev
May 19, 2004

i brought my +1 ak-47

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

Man I got virtually raped in MUDs all the time.

greetings fellow hellmoo player

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

PYF awkward/ugly thread:

Pigbog posted:

He claims that she cheated on him with a Kotaku "journalist" in exchange for a positive review of her game. It's worth noting that this is a free game, so she would stand to gain nothing from doing so. The person she allegedly cheated on him with did not ever write such a review, but that has not stopped the internet hivemind from attacking this woman for being in control of who she fucks ruining the sacred institution of games journalism.

The Door Frame posted:

I had no idea!I'm sorry that harlot brought shame to the fine institution of Kotaku. It's not like games journalists get bribed with engraved consoles, game swag or straight up cash. No, this is a pure and beautiful institution that she is ruining with her sex

I honestly thought my glossed over summary was just me not giving a poo poo, but that's really all there is to the story. Where's the scandal? Is this just Sarkesian 2.0, where "woman does a thing around video games" turns on the internet hate machine for whatever inexplicable reason?

E: Don't google her name, the abuse hitting her is loving awful

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

The Landstander posted:

Zoe Quinn existence fund

ColdReaches
Oct 12, 2013

fuckedcompany.com

Mattjpwns
Dec 14, 2006

In joyful strains then let us sing
ADVANCE AUSTRALIA FUCKED
"your argument relies on biased research, whilst mine relies on common sense"

- a thing someone said on the internet tangentially related to this

WilltheMagicAsian
Dec 11, 2011

ColdReaches posted:

cuckedcompany.com

GentlemanBrofro
Mar 9, 2011

by Lowtax

DoctorStrangelove posted:

loving Animal Mother is involved with this poo poo now :wtc:

I think he was trying to suggest something about the duality of man. Y'know, the Jungian thing.

anima and animus has never been truer until now

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

I like women as much as the next woman-liker but I don’t want them ANYWHERE near my video game experiences!

Let’s take a big knife and cut through this giant apple to the core of the issue; ladies, it’s time you took to your perfume room or dressing chamber or chaise-longue or whatever it is you do with your spare time and left eSports to the menfolk.

Be honest, have you ever lost to a girl at anything? Me neither. Unless it’s arguments about wallpaper patterns or curtains or what time the kids should stay up until or whether it’s ok to let them play with my shuriken collection. In which case – fair enough – that’s a ladies domain and you’re gonna lose. But whatever, it’s a poo poo domain. It’s like in a game where there’s a dude who is the King of a shithole and he’s like “THIS IS MY DOMAIN” and I want to say “that’s fine your domain is rear end” but that dialogue option is never offered.

When I said “have you ever lost to a girl at anything” just then at the start of that paragraph by the way I was talking to the men reading this. Any women reading this will have lost to each other a TON because they have to play girl sports like netball and field hockey but I mean, a mouse would probably beat another mouse at a lifting contest, and that sure as heck doesn’t mean she could then go toe-to-tiny-toe with the Hulk, does it?

Just because a mouse – or a woman – is good at a thing doesn’t mean it/she should be allowed to play with the big dogs, aka MEN.

Let’s look at games. Take a game like, say, Dota 2. I’ve probably played with women only three times ever and every time it was loving miserable. They whine and moan and talk about flowers. The whole time we’re laning the girls are literally looking at the little squirrels that run around the Dota map and going “awwww” and I’m like “YO. STACK AND PULL. AND HOW BOUT A DANG SAMMICH” but they didn’t listen, and when one of them mis-cast her ultimate she blamed her nails.

WHAT THE ACTUAL.

Which brings us to tournaments. If I was starting an eSports tournament there’s a few simple rules but the main one is “no women”. I’d probably call them “females” which kinda puts them in their place a bit more. “No females”. I think the word ‘women’ is too empowering because it has the word ‘men’ in it. ‘Females’ implies they are mere animals for breeding and I like it that way.

But then again ‘females’ is the word ‘males’ with the word ‘fe’ stuck on the front.

‘Fe’.

If you said that it sounds like someone who doesn’t give a poo poo.

“Hey let’s go to the shops.”
“Fe.”
“gently caress you then.”

The fact that ‘fe’ is the chemical symbol for the element iron is hilarious because it’s actually so IRONIC and it also involves iron. Iron is the toughest thing aside from adamantium (like Wolverine’s skeleton) I mean…..that’s the sort of revelation men have on a daily basis. Do women? No.

Would one of them come up with an idea that would change the meta? No. Would one of them say “team, I’m taking void offlane and getting and aghs”? if they did, in a word I’d be STUNLOCKED if one of them ever said that. I’d just stand there dumbfounded and wonder if this was a ventriloquist or something.

They cannot compete with men so why let them? I already know the result and so do you. It’s pointless. It’s like having an arm wrestling contest between a bear and a blueberry muffin. The muffin is hosed. The bear is gonna eat that muffin and then gently caress its muffin girlfriend in the butt. Why subject me, the viewer, to that? (Although I can’t pretend I wouldn’t be curious about watching a bear gently caress a muffin in the rear end)

So yeah. Let’s keep women out of our man competitions or Manpetitions if you like. Dudetests. CHAPionships.

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

420 Gank Mid posted:

I like women as much as the next woman-liker but I don’t want them ANYWHERE near my video game experiences!

Let’s take a big knife and cut through this giant apple to the core of the issue; ladies, it’s time you took to your perfume room or dressing chamber or chaise-longue or whatever it is you do with your spare time and left eSports to the menfolk.

Be honest, have you ever lost to a girl at anything? Me neither. Unless it’s arguments about wallpaper patterns or curtains or what time the kids should stay up until or whether it’s ok to let them play with my shuriken collection. In which case – fair enough – that’s a ladies domain and you’re gonna lose. But whatever, it’s a poo poo domain. It’s like in a game where there’s a dude who is the King of a shithole and he’s like “THIS IS MY DOMAIN” and I want to say “that’s fine your domain is rear end” but that dialogue option is never offered.

When I said “have you ever lost to a girl at anything” just then at the start of that paragraph by the way I was talking to the men reading this. Any women reading this will have lost to each other a TON because they have to play girl sports like netball and field hockey but I mean, a mouse would probably beat another mouse at a lifting contest, and that sure as heck doesn’t mean she could then go toe-to-tiny-toe with the Hulk, does it?

Just because a mouse – or a woman – is good at a thing doesn’t mean it/she should be allowed to play with the big dogs, aka MEN.

Let’s look at games. Take a game like, say, Dota 2. I’ve probably played with women only three times ever and every time it was loving miserable. They whine and moan and talk about flowers. The whole time we’re laning the girls are literally looking at the little squirrels that run around the Dota map and going “awwww” and I’m like “YO. STACK AND PULL. AND HOW BOUT A DANG SAMMICH” but they didn’t listen, and when one of them mis-cast her ultimate she blamed her nails.

WHAT THE ACTUAL.

Which brings us to tournaments. If I was starting an eSports tournament there’s a few simple rules but the main one is “no women”. I’d probably call them “females” which kinda puts them in their place a bit more. “No females”. I think the word ‘women’ is too empowering because it has the word ‘men’ in it. ‘Females’ implies they are mere animals for breeding and I like it that way.

But then again ‘females’ is the word ‘males’ with the word ‘fe’ stuck on the front.

‘Fe’.

“Fe.”

The fact that ‘fe’ is the chemical symbol for the element iron is hilarious because it’s actually so IRONIC and it also involves iron. Iron is the toughest thing aside from adamantium (like Wolverine’s skeleton) I mean…..that’s the sort of revelation men have on a daily basis. Do women? No.

Would one of them come up with an idea that would change the meta? No. Would one of them say “team, I’m taking void offlane and getting and aghs”? if they did, in a word I’d be STUNLOCKED if one of them ever said that. I’d just stand there dumbfounded and wonder if this was a ventriloquist or something.

They cannot compete with men so why let them? I already know the result and so do you. It’s pointless. It’s like having an arm wrestling contest between a bear and a blueberry muffin. The muffin is hosed. The bear is gonna eat that muffin and then gently caress its muffin girlfriend in the butt. Why subject me, the viewer, to that? (Although I can’t pretend I wouldn’t be curious about watching a bear gently caress a muffin in the rear end)

So yeah. Let’s keep women out of our man competitions or Manpetitions if you like. Dudetests. CHAPionships.

zoe quinn has nothing to do w/ video games though, shes a CYOA writer

ColdReaches
Oct 12, 2013

worlds gone mad.

wanna hold my hand?

ColdReaches
Oct 12, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXmlJQN5Pm8

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette
I notice a distinct lack of whale noises in that video.

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
I love that the ultimate expression of freedom and 'taking charge of who she fucks' means cheating on your boyfriend with five other dudes and possibly exposing him to venereal disease on top of the months of emotional abuse and a whole lot of her accusing him of cheating on her.

Yes this is truly who I want leading the feminist charge into this brave new world, this ultracucker.

Jombo
Feb 20, 2009

Cycloneman posted:

Are you thinking of dys4ia? Because I thought that was pretty loving poo poo, personally.

That's the one, thanks.

I thought it did what it set out to do well :ohdear:

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

dys4ia is pretty cool but I'm a sucker for Wario Ware style games and I liked the audio design

Automata 10 Pack fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Aug 28, 2014

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Nebelwerfer posted:

lol is it true that she was pretty much the ringleader in that "mutiny" that ruined 400k game jam sponsored by Pepsico?

The best part is that all the people involved in this think $400k is a big deal to loving Maker Studios and they totally showed the tv industry up

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Dys4ia was a good idea, it had a few dumb bits but mostly was a good little message game kinda deal.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

420 Gank Mid posted:

WHAT THE ACTUAL.

‘Fe’.

“Fe.”

i lost to a girl by reading this post.

it's poo poo

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

tbh, you can laugh at anna anthropy for her ideas or looking like a math teacher or whatever, but she's a legit game designer and her games usually have a cool punk attitude about them. she cloned wizards of wor and filled it with S&M lesbians, can't hate on that

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Mutation posted:

tbh, you can laugh at anna anthropy for her ideas or looking like a math teacher or whatever, but she's a legit game designer and her games usually have a cool punk attitude about them. she cloned wizards of wor and filled it with S&M lesbians, can't hate on that

Does she make actual not poo poo games? When the first things I heard about her were "lives with Patricia Hernandez and gets preferential coverage because of it", I have to admit I kinda discarded her immediately.

Cycloneman
Feb 1, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT
SISTER FUCKING

VJeff posted:

Does she make actual not poo poo games? When the first things I heard about her were "lives with Patricia Hernandez and gets preferential coverage because of it", I have to admit I kinda discarded her immediately.
They tend to be little one-offs, but they're decent quality.

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

VJeff posted:

I think her mainstream ones are: Mighty Jill Off, a masocore platformer ("masocore" is a term she invented as well); Lesbian Spider Queens of Mars, said lesbian Wizards of Wor clone; and Dys4ia, which is a Wario Ware style thing that is about her gender reassignment therapy or something.

also she called Tomb Raider 2013 "Lara on Rape Island" and that was pretty funny.

Automata 10 Pack fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Aug 28, 2014

Mattjpwns
Dec 14, 2006

In joyful strains then let us sing
ADVANCE AUSTRALIA FUCKED
Social Justice Warrior
Social Justice Paladin
Social Justice Sorcerer
Social Justice Cleric
Social Justice Barbarian
Social Justice Bard
Social Justice Blademaster
Social Justice Monk
Social Justice Fighter
Social Justice Wizard
Social Justice Rogue
Social Justice Ninja
Social Justice Samurai
Social Justice Warmage
Social Justice Elementalist
Social Justice Therugist

not all getting equal coverage in the quinnspiracy this is not fair, it's class warfare

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Mutation posted:

also she called Tomb Raider 2013 "Lara on Rape Island" and that was pretty funny.

Haha okay that's pretty good, maybe I'll check these out.

(seriously though does anybody else think the violence in that reboot was really fuckin gratuitous for a supposedly realistic game)

• Locked thread