Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Drone posted:

I saw a cosplayer walking around the Gamescom vendor hall last week wearing no shoes at all.

Barefoot.

The soles of her fleet were jet loving black, and it was incredibly disgusting.

So...she was cosplaying as Commodore Perry?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Found this today and thought it was pretty badass.

http://blog.harborfreight.com/top-10-must-cosplay-toolsaccessories-harbor-freight-tools/6328/

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

For what is essentially an ad it's still got some cool links. Also I wasn't even aware cosplayers were using some of those materials.

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)

Irish Joe posted:

I'll never understand why people dress as the most obscure or ironic character they can find instead of a character they actually like. The dozen people who recognize Robbie at Comic-Con can't be worth the hundreds of hours it took to make that costume.
I recognize maybe 5% of the costumes in this thread, and I recognized this one. A person of a certain age, I guess.

Like, this post - http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3631981&perpage=40&pagenumber=22#post433773554

No idea.

fake edit: other than gandalf

NuminaXLT
Nov 11, 2002

Drone posted:

I saw a cosplayer walking around the Gamescom vendor hall last week wearing no shoes at all.

Barefoot.

The soles of her fleet were jet loving black, and it was incredibly disgusting.

impressive...
Were her hands Spike Spiegel?

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

NuminaXLT posted:

impressive...
Were her hands Spike Spiegel?

Boo this man.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

CzarChasm posted:

Boo this man.

Boo me, too, the same joke ran through my head and I was just coming here to post it.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Kwyndig posted:

For what is essentially an ad it's still got some cool links. Also I wasn't even aware cosplayers were using some of those materials.

Yea. I thought it was pretty badass because you'd never see Lowe's or Home Depot going "Hey cosplayers and costumers! Come shop here for your cool stuff you need!"

Kinda nice they recognize the hobby and decided to make a blog post about it.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
"Rotary tool". Do you mean a dremel?

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Bhodi posted:

"Rotary tool". Do you mean a dremel?

Isn't Dremel a brand name rotary tool?

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

13Pandora13 posted:

Isn't Dremel a brand name rotary tool?

Yes.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Yea. I thought it was pretty badass because you'd never see Lowe's or Home Depot going "Hey cosplayers and costumers! Come shop here for your cool stuff you need!"

Kinda nice they recognize the hobby and decided to make a blog post about it.

It is really neat, but how did the author manage to nail a word like "accoutrements" and then go on to say "a site to behold?"

Eh, I'm just being nit-picky. The author did his or her homework, that's for sure. The blog could've easily just said "come shop with us for all your project needs," but someone put some care and thought into it.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
Just saw DoctorWhat on BBC America for a pre-dr who special. Your techno color coat was amazing.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Zombie Boat posted:

Just saw DoctorWhat on BBC America for a pre-dr who special. Your techno color coat was amazing.

I AM THE KING OF DOCTOR WHO FANDOM!

Wil Wheaton can kneel before me, and Chris Hardwick will be fed to the lions!

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
You even had a couple spoken lines man. You're gonna be a star! Suck it Wheaton.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Zombie Boat posted:

You even had a couple spoken lines man. You're gonna be a star! Suck it Wheaton.

I was starting to wonder when that particular interview footage would get out there...

RedneckwithGuns
Mar 28, 2007

Up Next:
Fifteen Inches of
SHEER DYNAMITE

Does anyone have a video of DoctorWhat schooling people? I saw the posts on tumblr last night but don't know what I'm looking for to watch.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

RedneckwithGuns posted:

Does anyone have a video of DoctorWhat schooling people? I saw the posts on tumblr last night but don't know what I'm looking for to watch.

I've been looking but no one's uploaded it to Youtube as far as I can tell. I'll check the usual locations.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

SkiLander
Mar 4, 2014

This is like two threads in one. There's the cool costumes in the foreground and goon.jpg in the background of most of the pictures. I love it.

Exhibit A:

SkiLander has a new favorite as of 03:37 on Aug 27, 2014

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

RedneckwithGuns posted:

Hey hey hey, I did it myself!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39Lv4qEROAA

Fellwenner
Oct 21, 2005
Don't make me kill you.

Little girl Dalek at the end was the best.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Hungarian cosplayer Enji Night.

Enji.

Enji again.

Not Enji.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Stuff that back in the ball please.

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009

Say Nothing posted:

Enji again.

Ooh, she was the Supergirl in that "Happy" music video posted a while back.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Mezzanine posted:

Ooh, she was the Supergirl in that "Happy" music video posted a while back.

Dad sees Supergirl, checks to see how it effects his daughter, begins conversation with spiderman.

This is peak "Dad"

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

Kacho of My own little gaming world

Being a Dick isn't cosplaying

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

bpc908 posted:

Congrats, you don't know the joke.

Lotron
Aug 15, 2006

Still clownin'

bpc908 posted:

he said ironically

Kugyou no Tenshi
Nov 8, 2005

We can't keep the crowd waiting, can we?
Was the guy he threw the shell at in on the whole thing? Because if not, that's just being a dick regardless of costume or character.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
I think this is funny. It would have been even better without the stupid gangsta pose at the end.

edit: is it OK if he hits furries?

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Kugyou no Tenshi posted:

Was the guy he threw the shell at in on the whole thing? Because if not, that's just being a dick regardless of costume or character.

You seriously can't tell? The acting is terrible.

Kugyou no Tenshi
Nov 8, 2005

Picnic Princess posted:

You seriously can't tell? The acting is terrible.

Nah, couldn't really tell if the guy was going along with it or just trying to be restrained about it. I'm probably just jaded from having seen people do poo poo like this without having anyone else in on the joke, including stuff that gets them thrown out or arrested. Too many years staffing cons.

(Though the year a sheriff got arrested was kind of interesting, at least - and I don't mean someone dressed as a sheriff.)

If everyone's in on it, then I'm laughin'.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Either way that's a horrible smug Luigi costume.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

I also find it smart to throw objects at probably the most physically impressive person at a con.

Of course it's staged.

Kugyou no Tenshi
Nov 8, 2005

LingcodKilla posted:

I also find it smart to throw objects at probably the most physically impressive person at a con.

Of course it's staged.

I've seen dumber poo poo happen in front of my eyes at the cons I've worked. But that would be an even worse derail than this one, I guess.

Warheart525
Jun 22, 2008

Ab-so-lutely!

Kugyou no Tenshi posted:

I've seen dumber poo poo happen in front of my eyes at the cons I've worked. But that would be an even worse derail than this one, I guess.

Is there a thread for that? I think there should be a thread for that.

Averrences
May 3, 2008

Kitty Burger posted:

Holy poo poo.

Wait.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

That is the first Buu I have seen that doesn't look like he has a dildo on his head.

loving badass costume.

Hold the gently caress up.

You used that as an example of really good Buu cosplay?

Hoo boy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jmistajay
Aug 28, 2012

Mango chutney salsa!
Hey, guess what, Luigi Death Stare is cool and both of those Buus are cool. Let's stop arguing about whether or not they're cool.

• Locked thread