Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

I like the lighting showing under the wrist-leaf when she scratches the mirror.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Self-indulgent alt. costumes, eh? This is totes gonna happen in the actual comic, calling it.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
Oh christ, thought he was a girl for a moment there.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
Speaking of gigi's tumblr art, there seems to be a direct correlation between her need to communicate that she is trash and belongs in the trash and the quality of her output

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

all artists love self-deprecating humor, more news at 11

Jazu
Jan 1, 2006

Looking for some URANIUM? CLICK HERE

Is that supposed to be like the evil Peach from paper mario?

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Jazu posted:

Is that supposed to be like the evil Peach from paper mario?

No, it's Cucumber in his evil phase.

Wizard Bunny Puberty is a hell of a thing.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

I just thought it was his end-game costume power-up to face the true final boss.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It's for the Chrono Cross twist in Chapter 6 where Double Night and Cuco switch bodies.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

I thought it'd be where whoever defeats the Nightmare Knight becomes the next Nightmare Knight.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

J.A.B.C. posted:

I thought it'd be where whoever defeats the Nightmare Knight becomes the next Nightmare Knight.

This was my take. I mean, it seems so obvious right? Why else would Double Knight be so uninvested in winning?

Gigi will probably throw a curve though :v:

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!

Captain Oblivious posted:

This was my take. I mean, it seems so obvious right? Why else would Double Knight be so uninvested in winning?

Gigi will probably throw a curve though :v:

Nah, if that was the case, the current NK would have only gone through the motions once, and he looks and behaves like he was 100% done with this poo poo five million years ago.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

SexyBlindfold posted:

Nah, if that was the case, the current NK would have only gone through the motions once, and he looks and behaves like he was 100% done with this poo poo five million years ago.

I don't think being consigned to the fate of taking on the role of your former mortal enemy to perpetuate a cycle of containment because of <reasons> only one time precludes being incredibly over this poo poo :v:

That said I still don't think that'll be it.

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

"guide for making Cucumber Quest OCs"

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax
Nooooo.

You're spoiling April Fools 2015. :gonk:

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

This makes me sad there isn't really a canon Walmond and Wacucumber.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Whitenoise Poster posted:

Haven't you played the spinoff series Cucumber Party?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Pyroi posted:

Haven't you played the spinoff series Cucumber Party?
That sounds like the name of a shock site.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

Whitenoise Poster posted:

I'm pretty sure Wacucumber would just be called Pickle, Cucumber's evil cousin and son of Sauerkraut.

Yoya
Nov 6, 2009

I already bought the chicken
http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/cq/page-530/

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

The page that launched a thousand ships.

But more (less?) seriously d'awwww :3:

Gonna get whiplash with this melancholic cuteness mixed with horrifying.

Captain Oblivious fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Aug 31, 2014

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Well her eventual defeat is going to top Noise Master's for feelings of pointlessness and sadness

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Stormgale posted:

Well her eventual defeat is going to top Noise Master's for feelings of pointlessness and sadness

Noisemaster's will be tough to beat. I guess it all depends on how you weigh realizing the futility of trying your best leading to suicide.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

I'd guess her genuine feelings for the nightmare knight combined with his unwillingnessor his inability to help her will lead to her death being far more tragic than Noise Master's. Her death will be sad and pointless (as cucumber is all ready doubting the entire point of this heroes journey).

Stormgale fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Aug 31, 2014

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
it's not death tho, probably more like coldsleep maybe? i wonder if they're aware, can interact with the others to any extent in orb form?

also gigi's lighting game remains on point, dang

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax
Man G.G.'s really steps up her game with each chapter's villain. First there was the adorably cliche Cordelia, then the fun and goofy Splashmaster, next was the surprisingly interesting Noisemaster, and now we have Rosemaster who's gonna tug on all of our heartstrings.

I mean; I am finding it hard to believe that she'll top herself with the next one, but she always does, and that kind of surprise is why I read Cuco.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Captain Oblivious posted:

The page that launched a thousand ships.

But more (less?) seriously d'awwww :3:

Christ I hope not. GG's made it pretty clear on Tumblr that the Disaster Masters are more or less NK's kids.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

TwoPair posted:

Christ I hope not. GG's made it pretty clear on Tumblr that the Disaster Masters are more or less NK's kids.

Well that just makes it even more depressing that Noisemaster's DAD (Implied Father Figure) is the one who blocks him from succeeding which causes him to commit suicide. :(

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Tollymain posted:

it's not death tho, probably more like coldsleep maybe? i wonder if they're aware, can interact with the others to any extent in orb form?

also gigi's lighting game remains on point, dang

Gigi has made it clear that Noisemaster is loving dead. Like, in the ground stone cold dead.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Source, please.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Oh, so the back and forth between NK and RM was more a paternal/child thing?

I got a whole different vibe from that. My bad!

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Don't feel too bad, I got a different vibe from it, too. Seemed too... poignant; too people-working-on-the-same level and not like the whole Cordelia/Peridot parent/child relationship.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light
If she's trying to write this as a parent/child relationship then quite simply she's not doing a very good job of it. This entire Rosemaster scene reads more like star crossed lovers than anything else.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

TwoPair posted:

[citation needed]

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Rumda posted:

[citation needed]

It was sorta true at some point, but has been retconned. The Disaster Masters are just NK's underlings. His only child is NK Jr.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Each Disaster Master is actually a time-traveling Nightmare Knight. NK's species goes through a lot of weird larval stages.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

TwoPair posted:

You say that like it would stop the kind of people who do that shipping crap.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Rumda posted:

[citation needed]

http://gigidigi.tumblr.com/post/95042742676/thank-you-for-your-messages-more-anonymous

quote:

Q: Wait… Does Rosemaster have a thing for the Nightmare Knight? Or is it just me?

A: I answered this on Twitter already, buuuuut

you know he’s technically her dad, right

[citation sourced] :colbert:

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Dragonatrix posted:

You say that like it would stop the kind of people who do that shipping crap.

I thought she encouraged that kinda thing, after Almond and Peridot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

ActionZero posted:

If she's trying to write this as a parent/child relationship then quite simply she's not doing a very good job of it. This entire Rosemaster scene reads more like star crossed lovers than anything else.

Gonna have to agree. I'm ambivalent on the whole thing but, if Gigi is trying to make them come across as his dysfunctional quasi-kids, the text and body language is not selling that at all