Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

I like how "pandering" has morphed to mean "having stuff in the first place" in nerd lingo.

Well yeah who would put gay stuff in their games on their own ? I mean there has to be a reason for it !

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

Uncle Cuck

Nion
Jun 8, 2008

Fathis Munk posted:

This may have been posted already but gently caress it I'm not reading all those shitposts

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BwEefh5IcAAG_ob.jpg:large

I don't have a twitter account, so I don't actually know, but is there a reason why whoever took this screencap logged out to do it? Would this page display a bunch of your own personal info if you view it while logged in?

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.

lol. Whoever made this is just straight up anti gay.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

The Dennis System posted:

NO ! He's part of the resitance don't you see ? He's not against gays, but they are waging a war to push out the heteros

We gotta fight back man, it's not hate it's self defense !

DON'T YOU SEE IT ?

Forums Barber
Jan 5, 2011

The Dennis System posted:

i don't think the homosexuals of the world need Bioware's army of catlady TvTropes writers to stand up for them, though.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
when the first thing you generally hear about bioware lgbt stuff is ARE THEY FUCKABLE Y/N i think a little skepticism is warranted

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I'm not gay, but if I was, I think I'd be offended by the gay pilot dude in Mass Effect 3. I'm pretty offended by it as a fan of not stupid writing as is.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

poptart_fairy posted:

when the first thing you generally hear about bioware lgbt stuff is ARE THEY FUCKABLE Y/N i think a little skepticism is warranted

I dunno I guess in the scope these games covered, the loving is the only thing really setting lgbt apart from non lgbt. I mean it's not like they would fight differently or sth. For the non fuckable characters sexual preference etc. does not have to be defined since in the scope of those games it's not relevant.

I guess.

(E: not saying the bioware dudes are shining examples of lgbt characters in gaming or sth)

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Let's just say that non lgbt characters are also written badly and for them too the FUCKABLE Y/N question is asked.

That's just the fallout of the bioware romance system that now is in every game they make.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Nion posted:

I don't have a twitter account, so I don't actually know, but is there a reason why whoever took this screencap logged out to do it? Would this page display a bunch of your own personal info if you view it while logged in?

Possibly if you just use some standalone Twitter client and never use the web client, maybe? But the insinuation that she faked the tweets or something is totally retarded because you don't need to fake anything, gamers just are that awful.

Nebelwerfer
Jul 25, 2008

He carried our avenging steel over the Rhine,
He drank the emperor's toast from the Danube.

Vag Assault Weapon posted:

No, this is just something she and her stupid friends are trying to take credit for. Every other story posted about it is that literally every single person there realized it was some huge catastrophe and they all walked.

Instead of leaving it at that though Zoe and her little retard clique tried to spin it in a way that she single handedly brought it crashing to its knees with and I quote "an amazing speech that brings tears to people's eyes", and the very heads of Pepsi themselves were preparing to destroy all of them under the heels of their aluminum boots.

Seriously read the thing I posted a few pages back, it's less believable than a super hero's origin story. I'll try to find it to link again

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/817/608/67f.jpg

There. Just see if you can even make it half way through without literally loling

So let me get it straight:

They were going to pull it through and sell themselves to Mtn. Dew of all the things like good little bitches no matter how hard it would wreck their "indie credibility" until Big Bad Corporation Dude said something vaguely sexist and they went all postal?

Nebelwerfer fucked around with this message at 11:18 on Aug 28, 2014

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock

Nebelwerfer posted:

So let me get it straight:

They were going to pull it through and sell themselves to Mtn. Dew of all the thing like good little bitches no matter how hard it would wreck their "indie credibility" until Big Bad Corporation Dude said something vaguely sexists and they went all postal?

The whole thing would probably have broken down sooner or later, the sexist remarks just made it happen instantly.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Fathis Munk posted:

Let's just say that non lgbt characters are also written badly and for them too the FUCKABLE Y/N question is asked.

That's just the fallout of the bioware romance system that now is in every game they make.

Which'd be fine (I mean, not fine, but, not worth getting into a tizzy over) if Bioware and EA didn't constantly act like they deserved a loving medal for said bad LGBT characters.

Or if EA didn't straight-up lie and say "Oh yeah people voted us the Worst Company in America because they're homophobes, not because we loving suck!"

EDIT: Then again, Bioware and EA act like they deserve a medal for all of their crappy writing, so, nevermind, I guess.

MJeff fucked around with this message at 11:24 on Aug 28, 2014

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
hi guys notice theres a lot of white protagonists in games???? makes u think

*lauded as the most progressive company of all*

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Creates a female character with C cup breast size instead of D cup.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

VJeff posted:

Which'd be fine (I mean, not fine, but, not worth getting into a tizzy over) if Bioware and EA didn't constantly act like they deserved a loving medal for said bad LGBT characters.

Or if EA didn't straight-up lie and say "Oh yeah people voted us the Worst Company in America because they're homophobes, not because we loving suck!"

EDIT: Then again, Bioware and EA act like they deserve a medal for all of their crappy writing, so, nevermind, I guess.

haha yeah I did not remember about that.

seen under this light : :agreed:

Roy
Sep 24, 2007
in nippon game is many japan characte. make u think

*rauded as a most progressive company in a glorious nippon*

e: anime

Roy fucked around with this message at 11:43 on Aug 28, 2014

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

ISIS just beheaded a bunch of civilians for not believing in the right god strongly enough, then some others for believing in the right god but in the wrong way, then some others for no reason. But a girl made a bad game

Nebelwerfer
Jul 25, 2008

Mulefisk posted:

in nippon game is many japan characte. make u think

*rauded as a most progressive company in a glorious nippon*

e: anime

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

ISIS just beheaded a bunch of civilians for not believing in the right god strongly enough, then some others for believing in the right god but in the wrong way, then some others for no reason. But a girl made a bad game

if you brought this up in the minorities perspective gaming thread they'd flip out, always, lol

just because we never post discuss or raise that topic doesn't mean we care less about it than cleavage!!!!

Nebelwerfer
Jul 25, 2008

poptart_fairy posted:

if you brought this up in the minorities perspective gaming thread they'd flip out, always, lol

just because we never post discuss or raise that topic doesn't mean we care less about it than cleavage!!!!

boobies = video games

genocide = not video games

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
Creates a black character not called Leroy or Jones.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Don't see you enlisting to combat them,
Do see you post in a thread about a girl who made a bad game though.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

poptart_fairy posted:

Lol there's no way the people that actually care about this dumb poo poo have ever read the real news, other than whatever they hear filtered through south park

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
good old 'get out of jail free card' of donating money to charity.

just like in the video games it instantly wipes away all your crimes!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

You're up to, what is it, five posts telling us how much you don't care?

We believe you. You can stop now.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

happyhippy posted:

Don't see you enlisting to combat them,
Do see you post in a thread about a girl who made a bad game though.

You're assuming I'm american

VJeff posted:

You're up to, what is it, five posts telling us how much you don't care?

We believe you. You can stop now.

I care about people caring

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
So, like, is the reality that who you know affects how far you get in life some sort of horrible trauma for nerds to realize? I don't know why everyone is so shocked that namedropping and nepotism exist and occur all the time. Maybe it's just because I work in entertainment and this is how this poo poo works, but nothing that has happened here is all that shocking to me. People seem outraged and disgusted that the world isn't fair and that people like to hire their friends or namedrop their friends to help them out - yeah, no poo poo Sherlock. Like 95% of entertainment staffing is people saying 'Oh, I like Bill, he bought me a beer last week and he has that cool dog, let's get him on this" or "I have this room-mate who is free that day and can hold a boom if you need it…"

It just seems like a bunch of people are upset to learn that success isn't necessarily rooted in fairness. OMG someone used their personal relationships to get a leg up, like every goddamned person in television and advertising!

StrangersInTheNight fucked around with this message at 12:06 on Aug 28, 2014

Nebelwerfer
Jul 25, 2008

So guys what video games have u been playing lately

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros
Monaco it's a lot of fun but the only female character being a seductive redhead is very problematic IMO

Kernel Monsoon
Jul 18, 2006

Nebelwerfer posted:

As you can see from this chart, I cannot purchase or play any games because the developer's ideology and opinions differ from my own.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Nebelwerfer posted:

all of them

i ain't giving no shits :c00l:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I played the last episode of Walking Dead yesterday.

It was pretty rough. :smith:

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Nebelwerfer posted:

Been opening steam, looking at the list of stuff I bought, then hovering over to DOTA2 anyway :(

I downloaded Project M which is that weird smash bros brawl mod because I want to pretend like I'm playing a new smash game before the new one is out

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
Five Night's at Freddy's, which I guess has two female protagonists technically

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Mattjpwns posted:

Social Justice Warrior
Social Justice Paladin
Social Justice Sorcerer
Social Justice Cleric
Social Justice Barbarian
Social Justice Bard
Social Justice Blademaster
Social Justice Monk
Social Justice Fighter
Social Justice Wizard
Social Justice Rogue
Social Justice Ninja
Social Justice Samurai
Social Justice Warmage
Social Justice Elementalist
Social Justice Therugist

not all getting equal coverage in the quinnspiracy this is not fair, it's class warfare

Paladins are the most oppressed class in RPG settings. Please, reblog!

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock

Falsum posted:

Monaco it's a lot of fun but the only female character being a seductive redhead is very problematic IMO

Are the other characters referred to with male pronouns in the game? Those 8x8 pixel shapes could be any gender, basically.

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

the only real crime being committed in this entire thing is that we're being forced to pretend that Video Games are the arena in which the major social advancements of this decade are taking place

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rad Tad
Jul 2, 2014

*makes a game staring a black man named Leeroy Jones*

*luckily owns a patreon that tells you i'm not a racist but an artist and character is lauded for perfect satire*

• Locked thread