Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Brannock posted:

this would be accurate if zoe had hosed a couple managers or producers so she could sign onto a bigger company or get a publishing contract for her games

instead she hosed a bunch of journalists

To be fair

"Journalists"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Lobster Harmonica posted:

Weird I was actually planning on doing this today

The site didn't have instructions on how to do it with a homebrew wii so if you know please post a step by step for me in this cuck thread

http://projectmgame.com/en/download full instructions is literally right there

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

Tatum Girlparts posted:

To be fair

"Journalists"

Somebody repost that twitter thing where she kept going in an infinite loop of saying "they're not bloggers they're journalists!" / "they're not journalists they're bloggers!" over and over

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

XK posted:

If someone did this with Anita Sarkeesian they would probably have a lynch mob hunting them down for being a dangerous crazy stalker, but this person is against harassment so it's ok.

Oh you think that's bad?

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

A Yolo Wizard posted:

http://projectmgame.com/en/download full instructions is literally right there

I guess I'm mentally ill

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer

I guess I'm mentally ill

That requires the disc in the drive but you can slipstream that poo poo in like a windows xp install (and then rip to your hd loader) here

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Best part of Project M is Ganondorf is actually fun to play instead of terrible

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
edit: I really enjoyed playing Ness in Project M. PK Flash is so good.

I really don't care about any of these people.

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

A Yolo Wizard posted:

That requires the disc in the drive but you can slipstream that poo poo in like a windows xp install (and then rip to your hd loader) here

Sweet

I ignored Project M until some nerds had it set up at a con and were really cool about inviting people to play with them, and then it was like "drat they got pajama ness this is actually tight"

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
I played it on the computer and I guess my controller isn't sensitive enough because I have a hard time doing certain moves. Like if I didn't do it perfectly Ness would jump instead of using the Yo-Yo.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Fat_Cow posted:

Oh you think that's bad?

Jontron is a total retard though and it's kinda great that he thinks this is the same as rape and death threats. Like, he got his fans to tell a Palestinian chick to get bombed because she thought it was hosed up he hid behind gaza when people were talking poo poo about him, and he thinks 'jontron's birds suck lol' is 'harassment'.

Yivgev
May 19, 2004

i brought my +1 ak-47

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Jontron is a total retard though and it's kinda great that he thinks this is the same as rape and death threats. Like, he got his fans to tell a Palestinian chick to get bombed because she thought it was hosed up he hid behind gaza when people were talking poo poo about him, and he thinks 'jontron's birds suck lol' is 'harassment'.

but do his birds actually suck????

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Like, he got his fans to tell a Palestinian chick to get bombed

really

Nion
Jun 8, 2008

XK posted:

If someone did this with Anita Sarkeesian they would probably have a lynch mob hunting them down for being a dangerous crazy stalker, but this person is against harassment so it's ok.

Seems to be a common feature of everyone on that side of this whole debate. Anti-harassment people who can't seem to go more than a couple of hours without twittering about how everyone who disagrees with them are subhuman slime who should die alone.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Nion posted:

can't seem to go more than a couple of hours without twittering

I think I found the root of all these problems

Rad Tad
Jul 2, 2014

shawn elliot tweeted a bunch about how stupid twitter is for any kind of this discourse earlier and if you're not into that he retweets a pic of a fat dog soon afterwards

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
In real life everyone thinks they're the good guys.

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

In real life everyone thinks they're the good guys.

Scar from the lion king was just trying to donate to the hyenas patreons

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
The thing about discourse is that if you can't reduce a complex idea into bumper sticker language it will likely go ignored by the general population.

Scar from the lion king was just trying to donate to the hyenas patreons

That SOB reduced my property value when he let all the darkies into the neighborhood. :argh:

Rad Tad
Jul 2, 2014

will honk for monthly donations regardless of my creative output

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Ok well when a Palestinian chick tweeted at him saying 'yo it's really hosed up you're deflecting people laughing at you by saying "YEA BUT GAZA WHAT ABOUT THAT", I have family there and you have done literally nothing for those people until you needed a distraction' he responded with a big whiny HOW DARE YOU YOU DON'T KNOW ME I'M A FAT PERSIAN YOUTUBE STAR SO I KNOW ABOUT GAZA and then all of a sudden, out of the blue, she started getting dudes tweeting at her telling her to get blown up when before that it wasn't a thing. So either she has real bad luck or yea Jon's manbaby fans got mad that the prime manbaby was insulted.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

The thing about discourse is that if you can't reduce a complex idea into bumper sticker language it will likely go ignored by the general population.

just filter everything through http://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

My other car is full of guys, don't tell my boyfriend.

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Ok well when a Palestinian chick tweeted at him saying 'yo it's really hosed up you're deflecting people laughing at you by saying "YEA BUT GAZA WHAT ABOUT THAT", I have family there and you have done literally nothing for those people until you needed a distraction' he responded with a big whiny HOW DARE YOU YOU DON'T KNOW ME I'M A FAT PERSIAN YOUTUBE STAR SO I KNOW ABOUT GAZA and then all of a sudden, out of the blue, she started getting dudes tweeting at her telling her to get blown up when before that it wasn't a thing. So either she has real bad luck or yea Jon's manbaby fans got mad that the prime manbaby was insulted.

Oh yeah I vaguely heard about that

Lol @ Jontron tweeting unironically like "Whoa. Ow. That really hurt." when she first called him out

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Spanish Manlove posted:

I think I found the root of all these problems

Can anyone name an internet drama that wouldn't have fizzled out a lot faster if all the participants had just shut the gently caress up for a while?

Speaking of, what is with the exes chat logs? Did these people never speak in person or what?

Azraelle
Jan 13, 2008

Fat_Cow posted:

Oh you think that's bad?

These tweets do not invalidate the first statement but JonTron doesn't deserve to get harassed for calling someone retarded which he maybe should refrain from doing but then again it is a very dumb problem since there are people with much more power proposing that every person with trisomy 21 should be aborted and while questions about priority of political focus is sketchy it is still obvious that asking a youtube personality to stop using bad words is like way down on priorities but hashtag activism to defend stuff is really stupid and it's pretty funny to see it abused but then again some of the tweets are really lame but then again some of them are kinda funny but JonTron is also using his twitteraccount for good by getting people to pay attention to the growing power of ISIS but then again how can a guy be so oblivious doesn't he read the news? Probably not.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Azraelle posted:

These tweets do not invalidate the first statement but JonTron doesn't deserve to get harassed for calling someone retarded which he maybe should refrain from doing but then again it is a very dumb problem since there are people with much more power proposing that every person with trisomy 21 should be aborted and while questions about priority of political focus is sketchy it is still obvious that asking a youtube personality to stop using bad words is like way down on priorities but hashtag activism to defend stuff is really stupid and it's pretty funny to see it abused but then again some of the tweets are really lame but then again some of them are kinda funny but JonTron is also using his twitteraccount for good by getting people to pay attention to the growing power of ISIS but then again how can a guy be so oblivious doesn't he read the news? Probably not.

the word retarded offends me much more than jontron's other retarded bullshit that he does

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I like that Jontron literally can't seem to shut up, though, like him weighing in on girls in games was like, right after he claimed he was being lynched for his opinions which was right after the whole Palestine thing which was sparked by the original retardgate. He's been in a never ending bullet train of slamming his hams against the keyboard yelling "LOOK AT ME".

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry
What do twitter death threats look like anyways?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Lowen SoDium posted:

I'mma kill you #serious #sorrynotsorry

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Lowen SoDium posted:

"kill yourself"

Rad Tad
Jul 2, 2014

Lowen SoDium posted:

#NotAllOfYourLifeWillBeLived

Azraelle
Jan 13, 2008

Spanish Manlove posted:

the word retarded offends me much more than jontron's other retarded bullshit that he does

The one thing I personally get angry at is that he gets shamed for loving and caring for birds, which imo is about as bad as raping someone (in the Zoe Quinn definition).

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Can anyone name an internet drama that wouldn't have fizzled out a lot faster if all the participants had just shut the gently caress up for a while?

This is pretty much a universal truth

Boss at an old job had me on the company twitter but insisted I always directly responded to every single negative tweet we ever got, thus causing every random "gently caress y'all" tweet to escalate into a week-long back and forth

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

Lowen SoDium posted:

@FemFreq hey twinkie, I'm gonna pound u into meatloaf after 4th period #ALS

Sex Robot
Jan 11, 2011

Nothing amazing happens here.
Everything is ordinary.

My god. This whole argument is like the Helms Deep Fight except both sides are people with Downs Syndrome wearing those foam Hulk Hands.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Sex Robot posted:

My god. This whole argument is like the Helms Deep Fight except both sides are people with Downs Syndrome wearing those foam Hulk Hands.

Uh no because I actually really wanna see that fight as opposed to being sick and bored of this one?

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Tatum Girlparts posted:

:lol: Your response here is amazingly ironic. You know what JonTron was originally being attacked for?

https://twitter.com/JonTronShow/status/495783251961585668
""Playstation Now" is the most painfully retarded thing I've seen in a while. WTF even."

That tweet got him attacked by the social justice brigade for using the word retarded. He called an inanimate object retarded. Your criticism of him for this oppressive insensitivity is to call him, an actual person, "a total retard". Hilarious.

Then his Gaza defense:

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1s2sdiu
"I don't usually respond to this kind of criticism, but this has gotten so out of hand and always happens when I make some sort of ‘controversial' statement on twitter. To you people who get offended at every turn: Why don't you try focusing your civil unrest at something that dearly needs it, like the fact that today the Israeli air force struck a school with a missile killing 10 people, most of which were children. I suppose you're all ok with that, as long as the missile didn't call the school 'retarded' first, right? My job as a comedian is to make people laugh and feel better about their lives. So no, in the midst of so many other pressing matters in the world, I will not apologize for calling a PS4 retarded. I encourage you to look at yourselves and think about what really matters."

He then even apologized for that: http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1s2sen3

I would like for you to cite where he told a Palestinian chick to get bombed, because I'm pretty sure that's a thing that never happened, but it sure does make it more convenient if you want to hate on JonTron king of the misogynists.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Like, he got his fans to tell a Palestinian chick to get bombed because she thought it was hosed up he hid behind gaza when people were talking poo poo about him

I don't understand this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I don't understand this

Part of the Gaza strip flew off and landed on JonTron's chin so now he feels personally affected by the war effort

• Locked thread