Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

CitrusFrog posted:

Except for rape and harem games

That and Falcom, who wound up going over to the PSP/V in the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter

kirbysuperstar posted:

Though Falcom has always had a console presence, since the entire Ys series was ported to consoles, and even their more PC oriented series like Vantage Master got PS2/PSP ports.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Elliotw2 posted:

Though Falcom has always had a console presence, since the entire Ys series was ported to consoles, and even their more PC oriented series like Vantage Master got PS2/PSP ports.

Right, though they never really did their own ports, they always farmed them out to loving Tonkin House or whatever. PC was definitely their mainstay for the longest time.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Fauxtool posted:

hey man dont you make light of rapelay and haremtime, both pinnacles of pc gaming

:love: Illusionsoft

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Elliotw2 posted:

Very much so, Japan never really latched onto PC gaming.
Is that really enough to overcome Japan being more affluent and having 6x as many people? Wow.

Anyway, Japanese have a word for this stuff especially regarding Steam, "omakuni", which is short for an expression that translates to "your country isn't getting this game" (and sometimes even if it came from your country). It drives Japan's few PC gamers nuts.

edit: back on topic, I am still having these weird controller problems in DW8PC, like the guard button being stuck on, the musou button sometimes not registering, and not being able to run diagonally. Has there been any more look into a solution?

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 08:51 on Aug 28, 2014

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
And of course my PS3 gives me the YLOD the week before Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate launches. Figures.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

kirbysuperstar posted:

Japan also has a pretty active indie PC scene since most pc gamers there are diehard enthusiasts. From stuff like Touhou to the millions of fan games.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I WILL BE THE PIRATE KING... AGAIN!

One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3 for PS3, PS4, and Vita.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
So what new characters do people want to see?

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

Pureauthor posted:

Luo Guanzhong with God-Narrator powers a la Grant Morrison in Animal Man

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Policenaut posted:

I really hope they retune the coin system, that grind was miserable in 2.

I also hope that Emporio makes it in so I can Hell Wink the anime hordes.

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Samurai Sanders posted:

Can anyone explain why, or is it something that will break my brain?

I think it's because of Hong Kong, Taiwan, and Singapore though they use simplified. PC games are a thing in those places and having the game on Steam would help cut down on piracy. The Nobunaga and Romance games always get ported to the Asia/China region so I think they consistently sell. It's also cheaper than printing up copies to wallow in stalls behind Diablo 3 cardboard standees.

If this ever goes on sale, I'm buying it under the pretext of practicing my traditional Chinese.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Policenaut posted:

gently caress yes. Seems a little soon for this but if they include any of the people from Dressrosa it will be the best game.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Pureauthor posted:

Vivi, Rob Lucci, Doflamingo, Bon Clay.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

That's great news. 2 is so much fun and if they can continue to improve and refine from that point then 3 is going to be a treat.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

we're probably not getting it (unless its in chinese???), but the new nobunga's has a modern twist:

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Do you see how he's a cat?

Davincie posted:

we're probably not getting it (unless its in chinese???), but the new nobunga's has a modern twist:

:stare: I never realized how much I wanted this until now.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Did people even like One Piece Warriors 2? I watched some videos and it seemed pretty low effort, like the Gundam titles.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

ThePhenomenalBaby posted:

Did people even like One Piece Warriors 2? I watched some videos and it seemed pretty low effort, like the Gundam titles.

People like the One Piece games and the Gundam games.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

One Piece Musou 2, at the very least, is incredibly high-effort. Every character plays in a manner completely and totally distinct from each other, and includes all sorts of cool nods to the anime in every attack. It has actual full combo trees (not just 7 different charge attacks, like normal DW) and status effects. If it had a cool free mode to play around in it would be straight up my favorite Musou game, it's that good.

yourafagpleasedie
Jun 27, 2013

by zen death robot

After the DW8 PC complete edition fiasco, KOEI looks to fool even more gamers with their non-english ports. You dont just shovel out non-english version of games on the english version of steam.

Chortles
Dec 29, 2008

Maleketh posted:

:stare: I never realized how much I wanted this until now.
By some reports it's just an iOS/Android/Windows (via Unity) F2P mobile game; one such article has both that mention and screenshots.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

ThePhenomenalBaby posted:

Pretty sure Eneru is the best character in a Warriors game and therefore PW2 is the best game in the franchise.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Davincie posted:

Takin notes from Onimusha 3, hell yeah.

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Do you see how he's a cat?

I'm not sure how it escaped my notice until now, but today I realized that under all that armor, Xiahou Dun is wearing black denim jeans.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

DRAGON. QUEST. WARRIORS. FOR PS4.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtkuNrzv7WM

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
from now on it's just Everything Warriors (except the civil war).

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
Unironically waiting for Dissidia Warriors.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

Holy poo poo, yes! I'm pretty sure I saw a metal slime whiz by at some point. Love Dragon Quest, love DW. Love this.

So much love.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Is it me or does Dragon Quest Heroes look like some kind of beautiful fusion of Warriors and Toukiden?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

I think that may be intentional. The presentation talked about Toukiden a bit and what they learned in making that, so I'm guessing there'll be Toukiden-esque fights in it?

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

I'm 100% ok with that, instead of bumping into and fighting generals that are just regular dudes with more HP you go into a Monster Hunter fight.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I think I am going to end up with a PS4 sooner or later.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Jesus jacked up christ, when the hell did Koei/Omega Force get this much clout? First Zelda, now loving DRAGON QUEST?!

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I dunno, but what classic game property is next? Final Fantasy? Mega Man? Castlevania maybe?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Samurai Sanders posted:

I dunno, but what classic game property is next? Final Fantasy? Mega Man? Castlevania maybe?

I'm going to guess it isn't the two which sell like poo poo and are dead in the water!

Although if DQ:H does well I could see S-E doing a Final Fantasy one.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Final Fantasy is practically packaged for a musou game.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Fire Emblem Musou.

Pokemon Musou,

Dynasty Warcraft

Type Moon Musou

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
If it happens I hope the story ends up being batshit crazy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
How well do DQ spinoffs historically do? I would think that it is essentially a license to print money, but...well, they all can't be winners.

And I thought that Dragon Quest X did not do so well for a DQ game, so there is also that.